AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-12, 21:10   Link #101
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Any Ami in this episode btw?
Old 2009-02-12, 21:24   Link #102
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Any Ami in this episode btw?
Some nice bits, yeah. Probably not enough, tho.

Old 2009-02-12, 21:28   Link #103
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Some nice bits, yeah. Probably not enough, tho.
Ah. :[

AmixRyuuji really not happening. :[
Old 2009-02-12, 21:56   Link #104
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Waking_Dreamer, it is hard to tell if she actually want to kiss him. Because from what it looks in anime she is more upset that she cannot be the same with him as before, it is more about keeping the status quo rather than kisses or hugs. She wants him to be close to her like before.

One thing is weird that she now recognizes that Ryuuji is the one close to her, yeah we all know that and it is obvious but remember that Taiga just a few episodes ago were saying that Kitamura is always the one right behind her, not Ryuuji so this shift is a little bit unexpected. Since we do not really see her mind shift that much regarding Ryuuji. We do see her falling out of her crush slowly but we do not see her recognizing Ryuuji all that much.

It would make more sense if she would have guessed that Santa Bear is Kitamura rather than Ryuuji as Kitamura is the one who is always right behind her according to her and we don't see her correcting that before the actual Santa Bear stuff (though we all know that it is not true the actual shift is hard to see really).
Old 2009-02-12, 22:00   Link #105
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Spoiler for toradora:
Old 2009-02-12, 22:19   Link #106
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
Spoiler for toradora:
But really nice covert advertisement
Old 2009-02-12, 23:30   Link #107
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Waking_Dreamer, it is hard to tell if she actually want to kiss him. Because from what it looks in anime she is more upset that she cannot be the same with him as before, it is more about keeping the status quo rather than kisses or hugs. She wants him to be close to her like before.
Exactly.

Getting my impressions from the show only, it seems Taiga doesnt want to lose the closeness for Ryuuji but yet doesnt have this burning need to take it to the next step.

Its an expected feeling but of course if she used her head a little she would realise that she is very important to both Minori and Ryuuji. If they did get together it is very unlikely that she would end up the third wheel, Minori and Ryuuji being very selfless people even if given the chance to spend more time together wouldnt shut themselves from the world...especially Taiga. Cant boyfriends and girlfriends also have close friends?

So thats just what I see from the anime...sure being actually in that relationship experiencing all these emotions the situation may seem so serious...but stepping back for a moment...whats the dilemma?
Old 2009-02-12, 23:35   Link #108
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
...but stepping back for a moment...whats the dilemma?
You two fail to see the hints from as early as the holiday trip - or, even better, from Taiga's botched confession to Kitamura. Taiga has deeper feelings for Takasu than mere friendship. It's all very subtle and her demeanor kind of disguises it - even from herself - but it's still there, if you care to look.

Honestly, why can't the girl like the guy? I mean, even if it's mingled with a baser need for companionship or whatever? Pure dislike for her character? I just don't get it...

Old 2009-02-13, 00:31   Link #109
manga852

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You two fail to see the hints from as early as the holiday trip - or, even better, from Taiga's botched confession to Kitamura. Taiga has deeper feelings for Takasu than mere friendship. It's all very subtle and her demeanor kind of disguises it - even from herself - but it's still there, if you care to look.

Honestly, why can't the girl like the guy? I mean, even if it's mingled with a baser need for companionship or whatever? Pure dislike for her character? I just don't get it...
I agree I think she's being in love with Ryuji since episode one and she has been slowly realizing it since the second episode.
But Tsunds are inherently stubborn which is probably why the signs have been so subtle.
Old 2009-02-13, 01:25   Link #110
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Finally, CoalGuys released the fansub. Now to wait for someone to upload it on CR or Veoh.
Old 2009-02-13, 01:54   Link #111
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode, not use to it when Taiga in that style, same go to Ryuji, his hairstyle was ... >.<". Kitamura that costume make me speechless, sexy and cute? .
Quite painful to watch when Taiga finally reliase her feeling and break down. Ryuji also break down, dunno how the impact for him, but next episode look still ok for me.
Old 2009-02-13, 02:11   Link #112
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, the hair styles were horrendous this ep... Kitamura's costume made me laugh for like 2 minutes. Taiga breaking down is exactly what i didn't want for this show. they took it in the one direction that i hoped they wouldn't take it from the beginning. but with this ep and the op, its fairly obvious..

The whole time with the bear, i kept hoping and hoping that it wouldn't be Ryuuji... but i was disappointed. Ami should just slap him and move on. he's not worth the trouble.

Minorin was also meh this ep. she took the opposite path from taiga now, and because of that both are diverging away from Ryuuji...

note, my analysis might be off since i'm really tired.. 2am ftl...
Old 2009-02-13, 02:27   Link #113
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well... you'll have to get mad at the author rather than the anime adapters. They're just working from the novel.
Old 2009-02-13, 02:40   Link #114
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

God I seriously cried when Taiga was being spun around by Ryuji and she was just overly joyed at the entire situation. Nothing but pure happiness was emanating from that girl, and it touched my heart to see her smiling and laughing the way she was.

And once again you people are getting upset over the characters of this show acting like normal, breathing human beings who don't entirely know what they really want because being in love will do that to you.

The problem is that you keep sitting outside the fourth wall, where you apparently KNOW how things should turn out, so you start to dismiss things like human behavior. It constantly needs to be brought up, this show is about the JOURNEY not the DESTINATION, which is why it's so unfathomably fantastic and the show I look forward to watching more then any other each week. The middle ground is what makes this show so god damn good.

Stop asking if Ami got screen time.

Stop asking what happened to the comedy.

Stop 'shipping' (god all mighty please stop shipping).

And just accept all of it. Every last bit of it.

You will shit soo many bricks you'll need to buy land to build a house out of them all, because you'll see what you've been missing out on.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2009-02-13 at 02:53.
Old 2009-02-13, 03:01   Link #115
Brizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I dunno if I agree with this. He was pretty much destroyed by Minori's rejection.
Ryuuji collapses at the end because he has a fever. Being out in the cold in a sweaty bear suit will do that.
Old 2009-02-13, 03:04   Link #116
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

This ep was amazing and like what Master Chibi said, the whole story is set out on an unstoppable momentum towards a TaigaXRyuuji end considering the amount of time they spend together. It's as chibi said, it's the journey that matters as everyone can see the chemistry between Taiga and Ryuuji.

On another note, the best scene had to be Taiga realising her feelings for Ryuuji, it was amazing because those two spend so much time together that being together felt natural for them and it's only when one of them thinks they'll lose the other does the true feelings come out. A love so natural that one doesn't realise it until they lose it is the greatest form of affection two person can have for each other, as it's not based off desires or physical attraction but due to being emotionally dependent of each other.

Taiga and Ryuuji deserves to be with each other.
Old 2009-02-13, 03:05   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
God I seriously cried when Taiga was being spun around by Ryuji and she was just overly joyed at the entire situation. Nothing but pure happiness was emanating from that girl, and it touched my heart to see her smiling and laughing the way she was.

(argh!!!!)
Okay, now go have a nice lay down and yes, its like being a gaming store manager who has a pack of small creatures in the gaming store saying "Pokemon????" repeatedly as they hope for the next tidbit of Pokemon to appear on the shelf. At some point, you just go insane (example courtesy of Dorktower.com)

And to be honest myself... though that's the way the path seems to be going - no matter how it turns out in the end .... there's still lots to see and watch.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-13 at 03:19.
Old 2009-02-13, 03:31   Link #118
504NOSON
newbie with vet. status

It's her own damn fault for telling him, "go to Minorin". NOOOW she wants to realize her feelings for him. But I think we all know what Minorin was going to say, when she asked him if he "remembered that summer night when they talked about ghost's and UFO's, etc".
Old 2009-02-13, 04:05   Link #119
Freya

Wow just finished the episode. So good lol. Did bring some tears lol. The bear suit was cute....but freaky at the same time.

Everything was actually perfect except for when Minorin starting talking about UFOs and ghosts....I'm like "wtf.....are you effing serious?" Yeah that part killed the episode for me.....but awesome episode nonetheless!!
Old 2009-02-13, 04:35   Link #120
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Personally I liked the episode. I never liked Minorin much as a prospect for Ryuuji so the turn of events worked out favorably for me. I was hoping Minorin would tell Ryuuji that she finally saw a UFO (An allusion to seeing Taiga cry out for Ryuuji) but instead she said it'd be better if she never saw them. Oh well, just further reinforces my distaste for her. Nice to see everyone is still quite rabid for a RyuujixAmi finish. I never did think that match would be very realistic. Flat chested women all the way for me.
Closed Thread