AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 18:26   Link #1
supuhaznpbrein

Girls with Guns

Newcomer here. I've recently finished Black Lagoon, and I'm wondering what other anime features ladies packing heat. To make things easier I've seen.
-Gunslinger Girl
-Madlax
-Noir
-Black Lagoon

I plan on watching El Cazador, but those are the only series I know of, that features ladies with guns. Any other recommendations will work.
Old 2008-06-13, 18:27   Link #2
nines
I much prefer the 2d

shoulda just dropped in on the current thread going on for guns instead of making a new thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67557
Old 2008-06-13, 20:08   Link #3
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
shoulda just dropped in on the current thread going on for guns instead of making a new thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67557
Unless we keep in mind that while Baccano! is an anime with guns, Ladd Russo isn't exactly a girl with a gun.
Old 2008-06-13, 20:59   Link #4
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Chrno Crusade is the only one that I could think of so far.
Old 2008-06-13, 21:39   Link #5
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Burst Angel qualifies as one, but I won't recommend it.

"Girls with guns" anime are rarely well made.
Old 2008-06-14, 02:53   Link #6
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Black Lagoon is my favourite by a good margin, so I strongly second it.

Grenadier hasn't been mentioned yet. It had a lot of ecchi, but was actually a kindasorta alright story if you can see past the ecchi and appreciate the morality behind it. =p
Old 2008-06-14, 06:35   Link #7
Frans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Black Lagoon is my favourite by a good margin, so I strongly second it.

Grenadier hasn't been mentioned yet. It had a lot of ecchi, but was actually a kindasorta alright story if you can see past the ecchi and appreciate the morality behind it. =p
The original poster already watch Black Lagoon...
Grenadier is nice though... lots of ecchi fan service, but the gun action is very nicely done.. the best reloading scene ever..

You could try Angel Heart. It's a continuation from City Hunter.
Old 2008-06-14, 11:05   Link #8
cerrian

The girls with guns category is quite a niche genre, so I thought I'd try to expand the list a bit. Listed below are all the ones that I can remember. Those with a ** are my recommendations.

Agent Aika - ecchi, tons of panty shots.
** Bubblegum Crisis - anime classic; sci-fi. Highly recommended
Bubblegum Crisis 2040 - I haven't seen this one, perhaps someone could comment on it.
Dirty Pair - classic girls with guns
Gunsmith Cats - has a retro 70/80's feel to it
** Kiddy Garde - sci-fi + ecchi, it was actually quite good once you got past the character introduction stuff and the storyline kicked in; a sequel is being made this year.
** Kite - this one is hentai, but the action sequences are damn good.
Najica Blitz Tactics - haven't seen this one either, someone comment on this as well please.
Old 2008-06-14, 11:48   Link #9
Loli Gurl

Futakoi Alternative-It has girls with guns.
Old 2008-06-14, 11:55   Link #10
Phantasmagoria
*Author

I am looking for something similar to this genre too.
The "Girls with Guns" seems to "die" off since the early 2000s..
Old 2008-06-14, 12:31   Link #11
supuhaznpbrein

Thanks for all the replies, I'll be sure to watch these and comment on em asap. Bubblegum Crisis is on the top of my to-watch list, since it is considered a classic by many. Kite also piqued my curiosity, but after doing some research the show is only tow episodes long? Since it is hentai, that is completely understandable, but i just want to make sure my research is correct. In any case, thanks again for all these replies, and I'll be sure to watch all of these sooner or later. Futakoi Alternative also seemed pretty entertaining from watching the opening.

Also for Phantasmagoria, I forgot one particular show that had a singular girl with a gun, Gurren Lagann's Yoko would qualify to fit under this genre. But, chances are you've seen the show. Thanks again for the replies.
Old 2008-06-15, 02:47   Link #12
Frans

For Kite, there's a hentai and non hentai... kinda similar character but different story. The non hentai is Kite Liberator. If you don't mind something short, Gunsmith Cats also a nice one (short though.. they should just animate the whole manga). Bubblegum Crisis doesn't feature gun very much... it has a body suite that can shoot something, but definitely not a gun/weapon. Something like Armitage, Iria, Appleseed does feature girl with gun. And yes, Futakoi Alternative is a nice one Re: Cutie Honey (not sure about the TV series though) feature gun fights, but the main character doesn't use gun.. the sidekick does use guns though..
Other one that I could remember is Miami Guns.. it's a bit mindless though. It's nice if you just want some laugh and don't mind stupid plots.
Burn Up series feature girls with guns, but not too much. Devil May Cry have a girl character (actually 2) that using gun as their weapon of choice... but it's not the main character and doesn't always featured in every episodes.
Najica also have girls with guns.. with lots of pantie shot... It got lots of action with lots of ecchi fan service. It got more gunfight than Aika.
If you don't mind a bit ecchi, you should really try Grenadier. It's not the best anime in the world, but definitely entertaining.

Last edited by Frans; 2008-06-15 at 03:02. Reason: some addition and deletion
Old 2008-06-15, 04:30   Link #13
cerrian

Crap, almost forgot about Mezzo Forte. It's a hentia OAV, 2 eps. It's just as slick as Kite and the gunfights are just badass.

There's also the TV version of Mezzo, 13 eps, but I don't remember much about it. I think it was pretty decent.
Old 2008-06-15, 05:04   Link #14
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Saikano, Hellsing.
Old 2008-06-15, 05:14   Link #15
Frans

Mezzo has some connection to Kite... at least the character. The TV version is called Mezzo DSA. It does have a girl main character with gun. Compared to Kite, Mezzo is more comedic. Just average though... it could be a lot better.

Btw, just a reminder... Kite and Mezzo Forte is hentai anime, Kite Liberator and Messo DSA is a normal action anime. Kite Liberator has a bit of nudity and some fan service, but nothing to worry about. Messo DSA I think is pretty save.

Last edited by Frans; 2008-06-15 at 15:01. Reason: clarification
Old 2008-06-15, 11:27   Link #16
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

El Cazador de la Bruja is a good one. its got a decent story to it, and a little fan service.
Old 2008-06-27, 10:51   Link #17
eru_panda
Seirei no Moribito????

Send a message via AIM to eru_panda
Kite Liberator..............reminds me somehow of death note.
Closed Thread