AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-02, 20:05   Link #441
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Anyone who's had a sugar-based Coke from a non-US source (typically Mexico) usually comes to think of the corn syrup Coke as hogswill. Corn syrup is nasty stuff and has been injected in almost *everything* as filler and sweetener. There's considerable coincidence between its prevalent use and the avalanche of US morbid obesity.

(In the US, corn syrup is cheaper than sugar due to corporate subsidies to the corn agricultural industry (e.g. ADM Corp.)
I know it's off topic a bit, but I've had the sugar-based Pepsi Throwback, and I'd say it by no means makes corn-syrup based Pepsi taste like "hogswill". As for the rise of obesity in the U.S., although it is overblown by the media it certainly is a legitimate trend, but I think one caused more by changes in the cultural dynamic of the country since the 60's or so. Families eat regular meals together less than they did at mid-century; furthermore, in houses where both parents work and children have more liberty to do as they like in general, children eating more and less healthily is inevitable. Then there is the rise of television, video games, computers, the net, etc.---I am the last person to condemn any of these, but I can't deny they probably contribute to a sedentary lifestyle.

Er...and, um, I rather dislike Endless Eight. Just so this isn't completely an off-topic rant.
Old 2009-08-02, 21:01   Link #442
typhonsentra

I dunno, I had normal Coke on a trip overseas, loved it and I've never bought Coke when given the choice of either Pepsi or Barq's Rootbeer. Since then I make a point of buying Sugar Cane sodas like Jones when I can over here, but that brand is getting harder to find around my parts.
Old 2009-08-02, 21:19   Link #443
Calca
Expressionless

At least Bill Murray did different stuff during his repeating day.
Old 2009-08-02, 21:47   Link #444
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It would probably be in incredibly bad taste, but I was hoping one of us here would have done a vid of the Endless Eight variations to Gumi's Endless...
Old 2009-08-02, 22:14   Link #445
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
Examine the chart listed on page four of the Q & A, breaking down how various shows were received in 2006:

So, Haruhi has (or had) huge across the board appeal.
That was just a lucky happening... Haruhi has never been marketed to the "casual fan."
Old 2009-08-02, 22:18   Link #446
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I guess it was "Endless Eight" that caused people who like the Haruhi anime to jump ship... I guess most people don't like the repetitiveness of Endless Eight and also being trolled which cause the endless RAGE!!!

If Endless Eight repeats this week, then all bets are off for Season 2 for redeeming itself.
Old 2009-08-02, 23:05   Link #447
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

I'm so frustrated with hoe season two has turned out. Cross your fingers and maybe if we all click our heels together three times and wish it won't repeat again!
Old 2009-08-03, 00:06   Link #448
Jenni
B-baka!

The question now is... how much post-Endless Eight story will we see in "season two"?
Old 2009-08-03, 00:13   Link #449
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Well, no one know right? Probably only the Sighs (and, maybe, an original episode), filling all chronological holes left on the first run.

(And the missing old episodes, of course)
Old 2009-08-03, 00:28   Link #450
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Heh... I wonder if this will last until the 31 of August.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Old 2009-08-03, 00:36   Link #451
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Well, if you prefer to refer to this "rerun" as "season 2", then let me quote my previous post on this topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
It's gonna end, based on these statements:

1. Fact: This season is a "rerun" first and foremost, so they would have to show the four remaining old episodes eventually (Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Ep 00, Live a Live, Day of Sagittarius, Someday in the Rain).

2. Fact: Though contestable, it was leaked before the airing of BLR that Kadokawa reserved a timeslot for 28 episodes on all the stations currently airing the "rerun".
2.1. We are now on episode 18 of the aforementioned "rerun".

So, we [theoretically] have 10 more episodes left in this "rerun". Subtract 4 from that and we are left with 6 more episodes of supposedly "new content" -- either 6 more E8s, a combination of E8s and Sighs, or a combination of E8 and Sighs + anime-original content.

Personally, I'm going for 4 more E8s, literally stretching it to the end of August. Then they'd have a special broadcast of the loop resolution on the station that airs it on the 31st (if there's any, correct me if I'm wrong).
6 more E8s then jump to Ep00 is highly unlikely, since that would defeat the purpose of airing this "rerun" in chronological order.

And yes, there is ONE station in a Japan that airs Haruhi on the 31st.

EDIT: a.f.k. subs are out btw.
Old 2009-08-03, 00:38   Link #452
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I posted my speculation the the future episode synopsis thread. It's too long (and there's actually two posts now, on two different pages) for me to post here.

Basically, I believe the DVD numbering indicates Sigh will be animated.

Edit: Hey, I learned about links. <_<

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...31#post2552831
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...97#post2555697
Old 2009-08-03, 01:33   Link #453
velderia
Former NEET.

The only great thing about this episode was the "ENDLESS" in front of the store. That's it.

(And I think this is maybe the second or first time I've posted in the forums. O__o)

Can someone tell me...

Who wrote/came up with these episodes...

and the location of where he/she lives...

So I can slap the beejezus out of him/her?

>______________________________________<
Old 2009-08-03, 03:19   Link #454
Sefveron

i have humongous hope for the next episode! , yuki looks really bored and is about to crack, Kyon actually went along with the "i love you" bullshit for a couple of extra seconds, and its episode 9 so if it doesnt conlcude it surely will the episode after.

OR

It will drag on to the 31s where there shall be a conclusion and violence and confusion will break out somewhere in japan.

OR (the most logical reason)

The recession drove the production budget to $2.50 and this is all they can come up with.
Old 2009-08-03, 03:21   Link #455
velderia
Former NEET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefveron View Post
i have humongous hope for the next episode! , yuki looks really bored and is about to crack, kyon actually went along with the "i love you" bullshit for a couple of extra seconds, and its episode 9 so if it doesnt conlcude it surely will the episode after.

Or

it will drag on to the 31s where there shall be a conclusion and violence and confusion will break out somewhere in japan.

Or (the most logical reason)

the recession drove the production budget to $2.50 and this is all they can come up with.
L....m....a...o! XD
Old 2009-08-03, 03:26   Link #456
velderia
Former NEET.

Quote:
I know it's off topic a bit, but I've had the sugar-based Pepsi Throwback, and I'd say it by no means makes corn-syrup based Pepsi taste like "hogswill". As for the rise of obesity in the U.S., although it is overblown by the media it certainly is a legitimate trend, but I think one caused more by changes in the cultural dynamic of the country since the 60's or so. Families eat regular meals together less than they did at mid-century; furthermore, in houses where both parents work and children have more liberty to do as they like in general, children eating more and less healthily is inevitable. Then there is the rise of television, video games, computers, the net, etc.---I am the last person to condemn any of these, but I can't deny they probably contribute to a sedentary lifestyle.

Er...and, um, I rather dislike Endless Eight. Just so this isn't completely an off-topic rant.
There's also the thing about wealthier people being able to afford gyms. I've rarely seen people that are loaded and obese. Maybe overweight, but not obese.

And coke overseas is god-like compared to the one in the US. I agree. I had some on trips to Portugal.
Old 2009-08-03, 03:59   Link #457
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Wow, I just came back from a trip to Japan.

And this shit is still going on.

Wooooo----sah..
Old 2009-08-03, 04:37   Link #458
mokuseimaru

One other thing that's worth noting---after this, I believe they will be out of "new" animation teams. So the concept of each iteration being a fresh take by different people will be dead.

More than anything now, more than even a desire for it to end, I just want to know Why. There are so many possibilities, each seemingly as unlikely as the last.

1. Kadokawa pressured Kyoani to make eight or more episodes of E8 because:

a. they wanted to extend the series and they thought the fans would by E8 DVDs because they are obsessed and stupid.

b. they wanted to build up hype for a "true" second season, and thought they would probably break even with DVD sales for E8.

2. Kyoani decided to make eight or more episodes of E8 because

a. they wanted to extend the series and they though the fans would by E8 DVDs because they are obsessed and stupid

b. they wanted to give their various animation teams a chance to experiment with Haruhi's art style

c. they wanted to convey Yuki's feelings of frustration to the viewer

d. they wanted to kill off Haruhi's fanbase so they could move on to other projects.

e. they simply like messing with the fans, and are so certain of the fan's blind loyalty that it will make no difference in the long run.

I think no one explanation is probably the only correct one---it's probably a mix. The most biting question, to me at least, is "Do they just think the fans are stupid?" Based on the answer to this, the context of E8 changes entirely.
Old 2009-08-03, 04:57   Link #459
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
The most biting question, to me at least, is "Do they just think the fans are stupid?" Based on the answer to this, the context of E8 changes entirely.
Nearly all large companies consider their customer base stupid. They're usually right, but when they're wrong, it has a tendency to cost them.

We'll see which it is when the DVDs come out.
Old 2009-08-03, 05:05   Link #460
Jintor

(Hint: they're right)
Closed Thread