AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-02-20, 20:07   Link #5801
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
So the one who has stolen the 'glowing gem' was Yukariko. Thinking about it, she was near the entrance to Royal Garden on the day Hayate was kicked out. Maybe the final boss of HnG is Yukariko! (seriously)
Ha! I knew that Yukariko was the one who had the gem, though I don't know to whom it was passed on to. And what differed from that from my theory is that Yuka stole the gem after Hayate left? Damn how'd that happen?
Old 2010-02-20, 20:10   Link #5802
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Thank you for posting this info

So
Spoiler for c 261:

EDIT:
Quote:
I thank Hata for giving us a nice story, but Athena appeared too late. Way too late(This does matter. Usually I'm faithful fan of early characters). With her having taken this much part of the story, I wonder how much Nagi and Maria(the supposedly main heroines) will take.
I can see where your coming from, but I think because she was introduce into the story this late that she needed to take this much time to set her in place in the story.

Nagi was always (and will always) remain the main heroine, and she had more focus overall than any other girl in this arc

Also, I still think that Maria does have an important part to play latter (her history is still unknown until now)
Old 2010-02-20, 20:13   Link #5803
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Spoiler for And Hata said this week's chapter title is supposed to:

Has anyone posted spoiler yet? I wrote something very long few hours ago, but when I pressed 'Submit Reply' button, I was moved to login page and I lost what I've written along with my patience.

Spoiler for My comments about the spoilers:
i don't think Athena is late. She just seems late because of the current romance type shows has the main romantic interest out in the beginning. If you go back to the 70s and early/mid 80s it is not that unheard off to introduce the main romantic interest half way through the show.
Old 2010-02-20, 20:17   Link #5804
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't Athena is late. She just seems late because of the current romace type shows has the main out in the beginning. If you go back to the 708s and early/mid 80s it is not that unheard off to introduce the main romantic interest half way through the show.
This isn't 30-40 years ago, though. She was properly introduced almost 2/3rds of the way into the current run of the story. We really don't need more flashbacks from her at the moment except possibly how she met Machina.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 20:21   Link #5805
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This isn't 30-40 years ago, though. She was properly introduced almost 2/3rds of the way into the current run of the story. We really don't need more flashbacks from her at the moment except possibly how she met Machina.
maybe Hata is copying the 70s and 80s style. i mean he is copying everything else.
Old 2010-02-20, 20:24   Link #5806
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Personally, the first girl, mostly the main characters, I see usually is the one I'd prefer. But it's never late to introduce an awesome character.
I think some flashbacks are necessary if they'll help shine some light on the questions, such as Yukariko stolen the "glowing gem."
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 20:26   Link #5807
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I think some flashbacks are necessary if they'll help shine some light on the questions, such as Yukariko stolen the "glowing gem."
But she thought Hayate stole the gem. So it wouldn't really be a consistent flashback if she's the one telling us that, would it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 20:33   Link #5808
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
But she thought Hayate stole the gem. So it wouldn't really be a consistent flashback if she's the one telling us that, would it?
She thought Hayate tried to obtain the Power of God; she haven't mention anything about a "glowing gem." Moreover, since the story of Yukariko was an event that happened in the past which Athena experienced, I'd believe that it's a flashback of Athena if she were to tell Hayate about Yukariko.
Old 2010-02-20, 22:59   Link #5809
Used Can

Maybe Yukariko had good reasons for stealing that gem.

Anyway, hopefully, Yukariko, Hayate's brother, Himegami, Nagi's father, Mikado and Maria will get more development in the upcoming arcs.
Old 2010-02-21, 02:20   Link #5810
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I found some translations of some text for the chapter
Spoiler for spoilers derp:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 02:39   Link #5811
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

well that that makes what i wrote in my previous post completely pointless, makes me wonder if Hata is reading these threads lol. Wow I'm surprised at that development between
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-02-21, 03:27   Link #5812
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Dammm YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah- View Post
hayata: A-tan is mine nao! *hugz* lol
athena: *pinch*
hayata: Oooowwwwww!! She's strugglin'! >_< meanie!! <3

... Lol...

Spoiler:

i'll try to find more, but i'm chronically lazy.. So... Don't expect anything.. Hahahaha!!
Old 2010-02-21, 03:47   Link #5813
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

hmmm
Spoiler for possible reaction when Nagi finds out:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 06:40   Link #5814
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

lol i'd imagine nagi going omg hayate give me back the gem i broke GIVE IT BACK LOL
Old 2010-02-21, 09:05   Link #5815
Mentar
Banned

I've never been very much of a Nagi fan, but if things continue to develop the way they currently are, I feel strong pity for her. She doesn't deserve this shit which seems to be heading her way.

And at the moment, I need to remind myself to heed the advice which I often give to others: Take the story as it is told. But I can say that it's been a while that I've been angry at characters in this show. Yes, cut Hayate some slack after this big reunion. But if he can't get a grip on himself before he returns to Nagi, my reaction is not going to be "lol" but rather "someone please punch him".
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 11:25   Link #5816
Jiraya2

Well, none of these cute girls deserve to be rejected by Hayate
Nagi is not the only one. I feel strong pity for Isumi which has always supported the Hero, even before Hina.
Nevertheless, I really like Athena and wish her the best.

I agree with most of you guys: it is really difficult to imagine how Athena will be able to make her place in this story while Hayate staying Nagi's butler.
But Hayate deeply loves Athena ... and Athena loves Hayate probably at a higher level. Indeed, while Hayate made lot of friends (mostly cute girls and potential girlfriends), Athena lived a lonely life, with only an idiot snake on her side.
So, we can suppose that Athena would not be able to live without Hayate.
I do not see any happy end for all of these girls
And regarding Hayate, because he is so unlucky, no way things will go well for him
Jiraya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:32   Link #5817
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiraya2 View Post
Well, none of these cute girls deserve to be rejected by Hayate
Nagi is not the only one. I feel strong pity for Isumi which has always supported the Hero, even before Hina.
Nevertheless, I really like Athena and wish her the best.

I agree with most of you guys: it is really difficult to imagine how Athena will be able to make her place in this story while Hayate staying Nagi's butler.
But Hayate deeply loves Athena ... and Athena loves Hayate probably at a higher level. Indeed, while Hayate made lot of friends (mostly cute girls and potential girlfriends), Athena lived a lonely life, with only an idiot snake on her side.
So, we can suppose that Athena would not be able to live without Hayate.
I do not see any happy end for all of these girls
And regarding Hayate, because he is so unlucky, no way things will go well for him
i agree, things have been going too well for Hayate lately, something bad will happen to him soon
Old 2010-02-21, 12:51   Link #5818
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

i agree, things have been going too well for Hayate lately, something bad will happen to him soon
A series that was mostly comedy early on with a little drama and romance thrown in, Hayate's decisions only had a short term effect. Nothing too bad happened to him then. The decisions he makes now as to what he wants to do or who he chooses will have long term effects on mostly everyone including himself.

And after his last battle, if he wasn't serious before, he has to be serious now, or something will happen to him. Whether that's emotional distress from his harem or having to save one over another:
Spoiler for possible prediction:

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-02-28 at 21:07.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 18:59   Link #5819
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Chapter 261 was out on raw paradise. Just loved A-tan's actions. ^.^
Old 2010-02-21, 22:41   Link #5820
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Chapter 261 was out on raw paradise. Just loved A-tan's actions. ^.^
A-tan seems the most direct out of all the girls.

looks like the next big arc assuming they don't head back to japan for more slice of life/comedy will be vs mikado.

Tags
comedy, shounen