AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-10-21, 09:19   Link #21
sakura-san
Lee is such a player...

Doom 3 has the sexiest graphics ever..... but its so damm boring and repititve to play, so go halo 2 (loved halo 1 multiplayer, so much fun)

but for me HL:Counter-Strike been playin for yearsssssssss.....
sakura-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 10:10   Link #22
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:35.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 10:44   Link #23
Ending

Quote:
I might buy metroid 2, i've always been a closet samus fan.
Same here, but after the sugar-coated 'Mario Sunshine' and boring 'The Wind Waker' I would consider twice before buying. Myself, I will definitely read the reviews first before buying another childrens game. (Although, in Mario's case, it wasn't bad at all.)
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 13:08   Link #24
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
no thanks, id rather play it MYSELF, then let them tell me what's it like LOL.
Only reason why I gave you that link was not to show you Bungie's official hype/marketing about the game... rather, it was to show to you that due to an incident last week, thousands of people have played Halo 2 already... so my comments/comparisons earlier in this thread were valid cuz I have played the game with system link with my friends... it's already been an entire week of fun times... and it's not even November yet...

(btw... the link I gave you in my earlier post was to a new article on Bungie's website... and was no way a part of their Halo 2 marketing machine...)
Old 2004-10-22, 13:23   Link #25
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Halo 2 wins because of the great physics (unless they changed them). Where else can you throw enemies, vehicles or yourself half a mile away with a concentrated blast?

Too bad they removed grenade chain reactions from multiplayer in the first Halo. It is so cool seeing an entire hallway blow up sending enemies flying all over the place.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 13:50   Link #26
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:35.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 23:19   Link #27
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

I'd have to say Halo 2. Sure Doom 3 is cool with it's graphics that even makes a Geforce 6800 Ultra OC crawl, but the game is boring and annoying. Pull out flashlight, see monster, switch, shoot, repeat. Halo 2 I'm expecting to be more fun. Hopefully it'll be as fun or more fun than the original Halo during a 16 player fragfest. As much as I love playing FPS on PC, I don't have 16 computers and 16 copies of Halo. The keyboard and mouse handicap is also gone since now I can plug in my mouse and keyboard to the Xbox.
Kanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 02:21   Link #28
Mashimaro
q8D

Doom 3 just because I could go god mode and randomly charge at them swinging a flashlight.
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 03:28   Link #29
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
Ive known about the pirated french ver of halo 2, since the first day it happened.... Just wait untill the official ver is out.And shame on you downloaded that warez, at least hide it from the public.
I've got a pre-order for the legit game for my un-modded xbox so I can run the game on live... there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to buy the game... though, I see nothing wrong with playing the game now...
Old 2004-10-27, 23:35   Link #30
sammyx1st
bleh...

Send a message via AIM to sammyx1st Send a message via MSN to sammyx1st
Even though I've been looking forward to Halo 2 which will only come out as a pre-order game. I think Half-Life 2 will kill both Halo 2 and Doom 3. Doom 3 is great but Halo 2 will murder it. Since more people are looking forward to the 2nd part of the famous game "HALO."
sammyx1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 02:45   Link #31
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'm looking forward to Halo 2 because I'd like to know what happened to 343 Guilty Spark.

That's about it, in a nutshell. Multiplayer can go hang, what I'm interested in is the storyline. It may be cliche sci-fi (like the Starhammer books, I think it was called), but the characters are great. Why is Cortana snippier after entering Halo's core? Where did Dr. Halsey go? What was in Ackerson's private files?

As for Doom 3... it sounds a lot like System Shock 2, and I'm wondering just what the differences are (apart from the obvious demons rather than the Many).
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 07:51   Link #32
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna
I'd have to say Halo 2. Sure Doom 3 is cool with it's graphics that even makes a Geforce 6800 Ultra OC crawl, but the game is boring and annoying. Pull out flashlight, see monster, switch, shoot, repeat. Halo 2 I'm expecting to be more fun. Hopefully it'll be as fun or more fun than the original Halo during a 16 player fragfest. As much as I love playing FPS on PC, I don't have 16 computers and 16 copies of Halo. The keyboard and mouse handicap is also gone since now I can plug in my mouse and keyboard to the Xbox.
Doesn't mean anything cause your still playing around the setup of what bungie programmed. All your doing is telling the xbox the analog is keys and mouse and the left and right trigger are mouse buttons. Unless you magically somehow have a program or created one to run in the background and rewrite everything. You'll have a SLIGHT advantage but nothing noticable and the better player will always win. Skill isn't in the mouse and keyboard its in yourself.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 13:15   Link #33
Herman
Yoink

I'd imagine that by now, most people have got it into their heads that Halo 2 Kicks the crap out of Doom 3. I haven't seen any previews for Half Life 2 Though, anyone got a link or anything?
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 14:10   Link #34
nero.anike

you all forget that halo is just a rip-off of doom. geen guy from halo, is doom guy. one man out in space fighting off hords of monster? that is doom. and halo 2 is a ripoff of doom 2 hell on earth. one guy can fight off every monster by himself on earth? doom i tell you. wait for halo 3 theyll just remake halo one.
nero.anike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 14:25   Link #35
msgpoisoning

Counter-strike:Source will be without a doubt the most popular game in the near future
msgpoisoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 19:16   Link #36
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgpoisoning
Counter-strike:Source will be without a doubt the most popular game in the near future
That doesn't mean it's the best.

CS went to hell after beta 5, but it only got more popular.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 21:20   Link #37
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
That doesn't mean it's the best.

CS went to hell after beta 5, but it only got more popular.
The god damn truth on that. 5.2 = best CS verison ever, 6.1 was alright but when they took away the triple shank on the knife + nerf a bunch of other random shit, CS went to hell, and its still there.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 23:05   Link #38
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero.anike
you all forget that halo is just a rip-off of doom. geen guy from halo, is doom guy. one man out in space fighting off hords of monster? that is doom. and halo 2 is a ripoff of doom 2 hell on earth. one guy can fight off every monster by himself on earth? doom i tell you. wait for halo 3 theyll just remake halo one.
Give me the AI character in Doom and I'll concede that. Alternately, tell me how Doom 3 differs from System Shock 2.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote