AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-16, 00:43   Link #141
Vaans
NEET

Their trust and bond will be tested now. Thirteen is truly evil. I'm not surprise if that potion is actually poison.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 01:57   Link #142
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Their trust and bond will be tested now. Thirteen is truly evil. I'm not surprise if that potion is actually poison.
I disagree with that part. Thirteen isn't really "evil" just because is against Zero's POV, he's just on another side of the coin (unless the next episode show that he truly has a different intention than just fulfilling his task) and his job as was stated in this episode is to hunt almost every single witch out there without making distintions between sides.

I still have my doubts about the guy thanks to his rare interest in Zero's grimoire but my point is basically that "evil" is usually stamped randomly on anyone who opposes to the main character and sometimes we need to see things from the other side of the river.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 16:28   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was overall a very intense episode. The group's beliefs and trust are being tested, and I think their bond will only get stronger after that.

Zero and Thirteen's epic battle being interrupted by meal time was pretty funny. Maybe Thirteen isn't quite as evil as he appears to be, but I certainly wouldn't take that potion if I were the Mercenary. Now that he's free from the spell, he should be able to see things more clearly.
Old 2017-05-16, 16:48   Link #144
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Finally saw (and review) the episode. That was a dick move of the highest order by Thirteen. He ruined our ship just to get Zero for himself.

I don't think that Thirteen has ill-intentions beyond getting the book back and burning it.
I think he may want to put the Djinn back into the bottle. That means not just getting the book back, but putting every single witch who learned from it under his thumb or on a stake - same deal he offered Albus.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 17:22   Link #145
Twi

Good luck there. Magic is too convenient and the learning time is only a few years. Once it gets past those kingdom's borders, it'll be even more of a pain.
Old 2017-05-16, 17:27   Link #146
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
I disagree with that part. Thirteen isn't really "evil" just because is against Zero's POV, he's just on another side of the coin (unless the next episode show that he truly has a different intention than just fulfilling his task) and his job as was stated in this episode is to hunt almost every single witch out there without making distintions between sides.

I still have my doubts about the guy thanks to his rare interest in Zero's grimoire but my point is basically that "evil" is usually stamped randomly on anyone who opposes to the main character and sometimes we need to see things from the other side of the river.
actually i can see he being "evil" it's not the first time a "villian" play the dubious role or try to play the "nice role" to just hide his true intentious or have a twisted mind which make him see things on his own way and think which his way to see and deal is the only right to do.

the way i see he interested in the book and in zero, can means which he notice which zero is strong and better magician than him and her grimoire have powerfull magics which he want to himself, the same for zero, this can be why he want so hard her go back to cavern, as someone told he could had "lied" about what happened in cave and being the one which killed everyone to have both grimoire and zero for himself, or used that chance of someone steal it to also take all for himself, so far just because he knew" how to poison peoples mind with "mind tricks" don't means which which he is "good" or in the other side of the coin or if that other side can't be the evil side, so far we get little info about him and based on how he "smile" after the chat with mercenary is pretty clear which he have his "own plans" and is up for something here, just is too early to judge him, many evil guys already did the same as him to just show they true nature later.
Old 2017-05-17, 10:30   Link #147
Tenzen12

Either way he has point and establishing witch organisation aligned with proper authorities is definitely way to remove fear of witches. And of course ad witches of zero exist, bigger rogue faction will be. There is no really way around it without starting doing same thing as Thirteen.

In which case they can as well join to king to make it official.
Old 2017-05-19, 14:09   Link #148
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Zero and Thirteen's epic battle being interrupted by meal time was pretty funny. Maybe Thirteen isn't quite as evil as he appears to be, but I certainly wouldn't take that potion if I were the Mercenary. Now that he's free from the spell, he should be able to see things more clearly.
I'd do it. Probably it will kill me or turn me human. The worst case scenario is fate worse than death, which we know from the lore is very possible. A third option is to feed it to another beastfallen, but I don't see how that helps me. Maybe I could try to steal another copy after confirming it works or doesn't. In the case it doesn't work, maybe vengeance or at least sabotage is a real option - make sure 13's faction fails at everything it attempts, even if the leader can't be beaten.

The conversation with 13 seems like a lot of Deus Ex Machina, not very believable. Mercenary should be on his guard vs. 13 and not trust anything without independent confirmation - it makes sense for him to be suspicious. That should make hypnosis more difficult or impossible.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 14:25   Link #149
Tenzen12

In novels Thirteen half convinced even spectator like me. People do tend go pretty far for Zero without much reason and it's also true that she somehow summoned extremely high ranked demons which require potent sacrifice. Even now I wonder what she used...
Old 2017-05-22, 12:27   Link #150
Applehell

Catching up, but this was episode a lot better than recent ones which have been kind of clunky/bland in overall script and direction. Twist with Zero and Thirteen just stopping their life or death duel to-to have dinner of all things was ridiculously of left field you can't hate. That's how you do anticlimax right.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 15:25   Link #151
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Good god, was that thing Zero put on Mercenary some kinda spell that directs all damage to the caster? OH MY GOD, ZERO

Also feel kinda bad for Mercenary and the tavern girl. She was too shady and should've been upfront about the whole beastfallen mooching their shit situation. Mercenary would've helped if she offered a nice reward. Hell, maybe even did it for free, too.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 16:00   Link #152
AB079
Banned

The purpose of the spell in the Mercenary's back is to allow him to receive no damage but in exchange Zero is the one getting hurt, incredibly stupid and reckless I have to say considering that the mission is more important than that, Zero's goal is top the current conflict around the world and especially to get the grimoire back, for that she can't just be soft and risk her life, if she dies everything can go ever worse.

Meanwhile the Mercenary now has his mind clear, is time to go back to Zero's side.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 16:22   Link #153
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

At first I thought Thirteen might be the initial culprit behind Zero's stolen Grimoire but, after hearing Zero's recount of the situation again, I realize that it isn't Thirteen. After this latest episode, I change my opinion about Thirteen. I guess he's just more hard-line in his belief and approach than Zero. Where Zero wishes to help people, Thirteen prefers to not be involved.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 16:34   Link #154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sold on Thirteen's methods, but I think he has a point: Zero's really not meant for the outside world.
Old 2017-05-22, 16:40   Link #155
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Also, if that Wolf guy was telling the truth, then does that mean Sorena's granddaughter has something to do with "Him?" Ah, the questions just keep piling on.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 16:51   Link #156
Wandering Soul

Say what you want about Thirteen, but it seems like he honestly does care about Zero and doesn't want her involved in any of this. In his eyes, she is too trusting and naive when it comes to the outside world.
Old 2017-05-22, 17:08   Link #157
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Say what you want about Thirteen, but it seems like he honestly does care about Zero and doesn't want her involved in any of this. In his eyes, she is too trusting and naive when it comes to the outside world.
I think the problem with Thirteen is that he basically treats her like this idol that needs to be locked up. There's no doubt he cares about Zero, but it's in his own twisted way. He certainly doesn't care what she wants. And not really sure in what way he really cares about her. Does he care about Zero as a person or simply as a talented witch who can advance magical knowledge and research?

Regardless he's missing the point that she's always going to be naive about the world when she's never allowed to be in it. I presume they buried/disposed of the bodies before he left, but he seriously expected her to sit in a cave by herself waiting for him to come back?

Honestly it looks more to be a possessive and creepy kind of "caring." There's no reason to be pissed off about someone like Mercenary saying "Zero." Telling Zero what to do and acting like he has some kind of authority to control her actions. He acts more like she's his possession. There's no doubt he cares about her physical well-being though.
Old 2017-05-22, 18:00   Link #158
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

In some ways he treats her like a child. But I don't think he has plans to ever see her grow up. (Not in the "he'll kill her" sense. He just plans on her being a sheltered child forever.)

He doesn't want her to see the ugliness of the world. Even if it means she can't see its beauty, either. And there is something a bit hypocritical about that when he's personally responsible for quite a bit of the ugliness, too.

But here's the thing: he's right that she needs a minder. And there's nobody else to do it.
Old 2017-05-22, 18:15   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had figured it was a protective spell Zero put on the Mercenary, but I didn't expect it to be a spell that redirects all damages to her. You have to wonder who the real bodyguard is.
Old 2017-05-22, 18:38   Link #160
Blueknight78

i think some peoples are forgeting which not all "evil guys" just want take over the world, he want have zero only for himself, because she is a genius witch and as we see was able to create a powerfull magic grimoire then he will do anything necessary to have her to himself, just because he care for her don't means which he is a "good guy" and have a point, really peoples are forgetting some basic rules of "evil characters" and personall desires, she is really important for him she is a source of new powers which he can have, i still don't see he as this "kind guy" some peoples are wanting him to be specially based on what he being doing so far, killing and deceiving anyone on his way.

i can dare to say she must be more talented/prodigy and strong than him then he obvious want it only for himself, i still believe which he was the one which killed the mages in the cave and blamed the others mages unless zero saw everything for herself during the invasion.

he is really good at deceiving peoples.

Tags
fantasy, fantasy races, light novel adaptation, sword and magic, witches