Notices

Old 2018-07-25, 06:57   Link #1261
bakapervert
A pervert

Ooh, finally their image came out.
Old 2018-07-25, 07:49   Link #1262
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

It's been so long since I last read or even cared about this series that I can't even remember anymore what those three girls were like to judge whether their designs match my mental image... Which is a bit of a shame because I vaguely recall liking at least one of them.
Old 2018-07-30, 15:16   Link #1263
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Hoh, so he's going to have disciples?

Did the LN catch up to the WN already? I seem to vaguely recall that WN was hiatus'd due to running out of material (something about only 2 kingdoms and 1 continent not being enough?)

Shame, as simply changing direction would've easily given an escape from that. Like doing a timeskip (not that long), or basing a next arc around a given character. Or like, this world seems to be the far future of our world. Why are there monsters? Why is there fkin magic? I always wondered about that, I don't think it was ever explained. So much more potential in a series.

It's the same feeling I got with Long Live Summons. Tong Tian Tower's first floor is way larger than Soaring Dragon continent, and all consecutive 9 floors are 10 times as large as the previous ones.

Novel logic: Go to Floor 1, skip to floor 3, dally on floor 6 a bit, straight to floor 9, then fk TTT, and spend literally more than half the series in a single fkin corner of the Heaven Realm, said to be infinitely larger than TTT floor10.

Even I, with my limited creativity, could make up 10 more series of another 1490 chapters from all that setup.

Same with Hachinan - I doubt even a tenth of the continent was covered in a geographic sense, not to mention we 'saw', or 'connected with' maybe a 100'th of the population. And yet, he ran out of ideas? Not to toot my own horn, but I may have done better than that ...

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 15:20   Link #1264
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Hoh, so he's going to have disciples?

Did the LN catch up to the WN already? I seem to vaguely recall that WN was hiatus'd due to running out of material (something about only 2 kingdoms and 1 continent not being enough?)
Not in Hiatus, it is done, end, finish, concluded.
Old 2018-07-30, 17:23   Link #1265
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Or like, this world seems to be the far future of our world. Why are there monsters? Why is there fkin magic? I always wondered about that, I don't think it was ever explained. So much more potential in a series.
I recall that it's another world, just that an ancient civilization which was essentially a more advanced, magical version of our own that even manipulated genetics so that everyone was born a mage was destroyed when some kind of experiment went wrong which resulted in the great chasm between the two countries and also created monsters.

Quote:
I doubt even a tenth of the continent was covered in a geographic sense, not to mention we 'saw', or 'connected with' maybe a 100'th of the population. And yet, he ran out of ideas? Not to toot my own horn, but I may have done better than that ...
Humans only live in about half of the land at most. The majority of it is untouched wilderness that's infested with monsters.

Last edited by Kyureki; 2018-07-30 at 20:09. Reason: added more I recalled
Kyureki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 23:34   Link #1266
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Hm, then it's at a part I don't remember. I'm re-reading just now, so things need to freshen up a bit.

Ah, it was done, just like that? Last thing I remember vaguely was
Spoiler for last thing:

I think there was a comment from Hentiger somewhere where he said author put it on hiatus or something as well ...

Well, that's a bummer. I actually really like series such as this, and there's never enough of good true harem series either. Panda's sad now.

^Yea, but Kyureki, there's apparently a million people in the capital. There are also large towns at least a fifth of its size in various locations. Apparently, there are hundreds of noble houses, big or small, all around the kingdom. Even if what Hentiger said about two kingdoms on one continent not being enough, there's still a treasure trove of possibilities. That many human beings, it should be easy to introduce a plethora of new characters. They could be lovers, rivals, friends, enemies, manipulators, pious priests, ghosts, reincarnated people, descendants of the previous kingdom't abolished royalty, demon worshipper cults or occultism maniacs, secret societies, etc. These are only the ones off the top of my hat that I could easily come up with a good backstory and plot for. And I'm not even an author (might as well be though). The problem wasn't that possibilities ran out, but that either the editor or the author tried to stick excessively to a 'too vanilla' setting. That often fucks up good novels.

Also, even if the origin of monsters and magic were explained, it's so very simple to use such tools as a way to spur on the content. Like 'monsters which generally don't leave their domain start to slowly come out of said domain'. A cliché it is, but it is surprisingly usable for setting up new storylines - a new leader of monsters, a sudden mutation which also affects magicians due to their magic power, or a new foe entirely, which luckily started the land owner extermination with monsters instead of humans. Or other scenarios just like these. I mean, first of all, there are monster domains, sure, but farmers can literally farm next to a domain in perfect safety (was already stated). Why the hell is that? Even territorial animals don't keep a strict demarcation line like that. Author could've easily implemented the 'monsters overflow from the domain' scenario using the explanation to that strange phenomenon as the reason. Not to mention that the ancient civilisation (which would be somehow responsible to such clearly defined monster domains I guess) didn't have even a speck of its actual real circumstances explained. Its effects on present time once again widens the scope of possible scenarios.
Just as the Bowig lady was introduced as part of a feud, a new character can be introduced, and bring in an entirely new feud on his / her own (like Katarina, for example). Actually, Katarina herself could've been the starting point of two dozen chapters at least, but author didn't touch upon her other than the competition, which was a loss, sadly.
Not to mention the story was pretty much riddled with slice of life to begin with, which is not to say that it should've gone in that direction, but a good novel isn't made up of world-shaking developments every corner. I just don't get why the author didn't elaborate on things like slice of life Wend family edition, or city / kingdom building and management. Sure, it's boring for many, but let's be honest, so was always pointing out how nobles' society works. Furthermore, no matter what novel you write, regardless of characters, topic, general direction, descriptions, banter, humour, anything at all, some people will always start to cry 'plot hole', 'plot armor', etc. After reading the 30'th undeserved downvote on NUpdates from so-called 'reviews' by people obviously in the dark about what the genre means, I just decided that caring about idiots will only shorten my own lifespan. Japanese novel editors seem to be suffering from the problem of not being able to do this, based on how they guide their authors (at least, in my experience). Bad trend.

Well, when all's said and done, I'm pretty disappointed it was concluded already. I was somewhat hoping it'll reboot sometime (the same way I'm hoping PLIC will reboot, and translations for the now dead Hisshou Dungeon will reboot). As I said, one can never have enough of true harem stories.

Also: so, did LN reach the point where WN was discontinued already?

Last edited by RpR1337; 2018-08-01 at 00:46.
Old 2018-08-04, 11:12   Link #1267
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Oh right, just remembered.

What about the mage chick aiming at Wend's bratwurst? Did she get that mana injection in the end?

Old 2018-08-04, 11:14   Link #1268
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Of course~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 13:09   Link #1269
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

LN is still pretty far off from where the WN ended iirc.
Old 2018-08-05, 03:26   Link #1270
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Haah.

Well, progression is pretty slow for WN trans, LN is not getting translated AFAIK, so I might still enjoy this for a while.
Hope I'll get to read the ending before I turn into a corpse ...

BTW, was it a proper ending? Or just cut off?

Sorry, I'm pretty bad at reading machine translations for Japanese, so I can only understand that much.

Old 2018-08-07, 09:14   Link #1271
Ultragunner

aye, just caught up and it’s only starting to get interesting, dang it .

I wonder if Therese will ever get any love? Justice to the dark skin onee-san!!!

Edit: I haven’t read the entire thread somI dunno , but it looks like our boi Ewr also got a harem?
Old 2018-08-07, 09:35   Link #1272
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
aye, just caught up and it’s only starting to get interesting, dang it .

I wonder if Therese will ever get any love? Justice to the dark skin onee-san!!!

Edit: I haven’t read the entire thread somI dunno , but it looks like our boi Ewr also got a harem?
Hopefully (for me, I know there are others that like her), she gets less annoying as time passes. I would've been fine with her if it wasn't for the too obvious reasoning/motives for her 'advances'.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 06:37   Link #1273
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
I have the gift for you, Erotora-kun XD

beside this two did he get more girls i mean erwin
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 07:31   Link #1274
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That has been posted pages ago

Guy got 3 harem
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 18:53   Link #1275
bakapervert
A pervert

^3 harem, he must be the greatest harem master in all series, XD
Even all the other awesome MCs I know have one harem at most
Well, joking aside, the guy got it good to have 3 wives for a mere best friend character.
Old 2018-08-12, 20:47   Link #1276
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Well, joking aside, the guy got it good to have 3 wives for a mere best friend character.
"mere best friend character"

This is actually sad.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 23:10   Link #1277
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
What does "3 harem" mean? As in 3 "sets" of harem? and does that refer to Wend or Erw?
Old 2018-08-13, 09:06   Link #1278
Mirable
ミラベル

^Become full maid and Wend's mistress. she has one daughter with him in the end.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 09:23   Link #1279
Newhope

Amelie is basically treated like a wife.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 21:44   Link #1280
Mirable
ミラベル

^I can't remember which chapter.

It only show she has a daughter with Wend after he conquered Japan and 3 year time skip happened, by that time he already has shit ton of children.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hachinan, harem, marriage, noble, true harem, webnovel