AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-11-03, 15:29   Link #21
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Closed beta's have started running here and there. Next one is today and one tomorrow for about 4-5 hours each. My brother was able to get an extra code for me so I'll update later today on my thoughts. For the most part, I did not really care much or enjoy the Fallout series. The huge turn-off has been the post-apocalyptic setting. But we shall see. I've been eager to get into an RPG.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 22:54   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

been havin fun for sure.
Old 2018-11-03, 23:02   Link #23
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
been havin fun for sure.
Honestly, it was actually fun. Was not expecting this fun considering how disinterested I was previously with FO4. I haven't touched a run-around, loot, quest, kill things, do main quest RPG in a LONG time. The gameplay is very reminiscent of Skyrim (remember, I hardly played FO4 or New Vegas so I don't remember much except VATS and the visuals). Definitely a huge map to explore and do whatever you want. The huge turn-off for me at the moment are the visuals. I only got to level 6 so that's all I can say. I haven't really touched any of the crafting, modding, or read about the perk system yet. Being able to play with friends is a cool add-on, but there seems to be a cap on exp and loot if your buddy in your party is a significant higher level than you (i.e. you can't be power leveled or power-farmed) which is a good thing. I'll keep on playing tomorrow and any more upcoming closed beta events before I make my decision on whether to buy it but I am leaning towards it more now . Also, I heard that you can keep the progress you make in these betas onto actual release.

Old 2018-11-04, 19:16   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone else getting very little card packs?

What is the OFFICIAL levels you're supose to get them? Because I got 2 so far and im 18...
Old 2018-11-11, 17:39   Link #25
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

^
Not too sure, I got 2 card packs by the time I hit level 8. FO76 releases this week. I'm gonna hold off for a bit until bugs are listed, patch notes posted, and reviews posted. I did have fun with the game, but as mentioned, the visuals are huge turn-off for me and the combat system is too simple. Like I said, movement, looting, looking around feels all "too Skyrimy." Not fluid at all compared to RPGs today, where it feels like you're immersed in the game. Overall everything just feels old or outdated but just in a "new" game.

I hope they fix the storage issue as well as inventory space/weight. One of the most annoying things, even on Skyrim. Then again, it is my fault since I pick up everything. Hard not too when almost everything is can be broken down into crafting materials.

Old 2018-11-13, 15:06   Link #26
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

FYI. 76 has been released early. I didn't get it, but it's on the video game news and my bro has access right now. Not sure if this is only to pre-orders or wut.

Old 2018-11-13, 15:49   Link #27
zibi88

I read it that its for PC only thing. Still servers were up so its not players fault but Bethesdas that they opened servers too early, or maybe its intentional to ease the server stress, like if they started at the same hour then people would swarm the servers those would instantly bottleneck and server would crash.

But there are signs that it happened with players that bought physical copy and not digital ones yet even so, some were able to get in others did not.

Personaly I will get a copy maybe tomorrow if the shop hurries with the order.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 10:34   Link #28
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
It was only for PC and most likely only those who pre-ordered directly with Bethesda since I didn't have any ability to play until I activated a code for the game.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-16, 20:26   Link #29
Newhope

I got it today and it's probably one of the worst games I've played in recent memory.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 14:33   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I got it today and it's probably one of the worst games I've played in recent memory.
I'm having fun. Sorry it's not your taste.

Just don't go making 10 youtube videos about why it sucks while the topic is hot and clickbaity
Old 2018-11-17, 23:11   Link #31
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
I'm having fun. Sorry it's not your taste.

Just don't go making 10 youtube videos about why it sucks while the topic is hot and clickbaity
its good that you're having fun with the game, but it's not like people are hating on the game for no good reason. objectively speaking, fallout 76 justified all the fears fans had when fallout 76 was first announced as an always online mmorpg, and then some. bethesda tried to develop a fallout mmorpg, and ultimately made something that fails as a fallout game and as a mmorpg. its not a matter of taste, the game is really just that poorly developed. that bethesda would make such a sloppy mess of a game just makes it all the more disappointing.

Last edited by coded321; 2018-11-18 at 00:46.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 08:21   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
its good that you're having fun with the game, but it's not like people are hating on the game for no good reason. objectively speaking, fallout 76 justified all the fears fans had when fallout 76 was first announced as an always online mmorpg, and then some. bethesda tried to develop a fallout mmorpg, and ultimately made something that fails as a fallout game and as a mmorpg. its not a matter of taste, the game is really just that poorly developed. that bethesda would make such a sloppy mess of a game just makes it all the more disappointing.
No I see a lot of it is justified for sure. I just know damn well that there are people who haven't even played it much making videos about how it sucks with big click baiting titles "76 SUCKS DO NOT BUY IT" then they just list the same things everyone else knows.

It's like when the Battlefield drama happened.
Old 2018-11-19, 16:45   Link #33
Newhope

Sales down in the UK by 82% compared to Fallout 4.
Old 2018-11-19, 23:57   Link #34
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
No I see a lot of it is justified for sure. I just know damn well that there are people who haven't even played it much making videos about how it sucks with big click baiting titles "76 SUCKS DO NOT BUY IT" then they just list the same things everyone else knows.

It's like when the Battlefield drama happened.
another way to look at it is, because the game was so poorly developed, almost everyone who played it were running into the same problems, the same glitches, the same gameplay issues. with so many people having trouble playing, whether due to glitches or poor game design, these people aren't outliers but rather an indication that something is very wrong with the game itself. and honestly, if a game is really that bad, it would be best that people know about it before they pay the full 60 dollar price tag for something that they very likely will not enjoy. look what happened with the battlefront series. so many people were angry because they bought an unfinished game at full price, and on top of which they had to spend more for the battle pass, the dlc, and the loot boxes.
Old 2018-11-20, 01:40   Link #35
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Sales down in the UK by 82% compared to Fallout 4.
Thats about "physical copies" now add the digital ones.... since the physical one is just pointless as it contains no discs besides a cardboard disk with serial key on it so its a "digital version inside a physical box". Most bought it in digital version becouse you will need to download it anyway no matter what version you have.

So that physical coopy at least for PC is just an empty box with a serial key you will need to download the whole game from the net, so why one would need a box to collect dust.

This game has so many bugs that it will take some time to patch it all...its just a game you play to kill time not to achive anything.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 04:04   Link #36
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I have legitimate concerns for TES VI now...
Old 2018-11-20, 09:08   Link #37
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Thats about "physical copies" now add the digital ones.... since the physical one is just pointless as it contains no discs besides a cardboard disk with serial key on it so its a "digital version inside a physical box". Most bought it in digital version becouse you will need to download it anyway no matter what version you have.

So that physical coopy at least for PC is just an empty box with a serial key you will need to download the whole game from the net, so why one would need a box to collect dust.

This game has so many bugs that it will take some time to patch it all...its just a game you play to kill time not to achive anything.
Physical is at minimum £10 cheaper than the digital if you think thats pointless and yes there's a disc in the box.

I got it £39.99 while it's £59.99 on PSN, anyway traded the trash in today and got my money back.
Old 2018-11-21, 02:10   Link #38
coded321
He Who Games

its not clickbait when the game's issues are very legitimate. the biggest issue here is ultimately the price tag. if this was a free to play, no one would have cared about all the issues of the the game. however, this is a full priced 60 dollar game. who would want to pay 60 dollars for something they are not going to enjoy. to us fallout fans, this game just feels like a poor attempt by bethesda to jump in and profit from the mmo and battle royale craze.
Old 2018-11-22, 02:17   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Reviews are out and the game is just getting completely crushed. Thank god I didn't pull the trigger on this.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 08:28   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It is clickbait to trash on a video game you haven't played and say the same thing the all do.

but yea I hope these reviews kick their asses in gear and FIX or replace the engine for the new games. and FIX this game. When it rans in dense area's my fps goes to 5.