AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-26, 18:48   Link #21
AuKwOrD1

yea you do got a valid point and yea im still enjoying it.. just read the secrets graphic novel and i can't wait till the next one....im just tired of seeing anime that supports the younger audience thats why i was rather interested in hearing that BOTI would possibly become an anime.I mean what would you rather see, the BOTI anime in question or another onegai teacher spin off? hehe
Old 2004-01-28, 05:33   Link #22
kannakills

While it would be cool if they could make the anime right (it would attract a larger audience to Samura's amazing work), I'm worried that they wouldn't do it correctly. It would definitely be time consuming and costly to animate some of the scenes. Also, I don't think that Samura would ever allow his work to be in color. After all, he has stated that he has never had an inclination to work with color in his manga.

^_^ I need to buy some more. The price actually isn't bad at amazon (ranging from 10-12 dollars per volume) compared to the comic book store I was buying them at (ends up being 16-17 dollars with tax :*( ). Hmm... should I help the little store, or my wallet?
Old 2004-01-28, 10:13   Link #23
AnimeFangirl

Your wallet. That way you can buy more manga. This is the way capitalism works.
Old 2004-01-28, 12:32   Link #24
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannakills
... I don't think that Samura would ever allow his work to be in color. After all, he has stated that he has never had an inclination to work with color in his manga.
However, his painted covers are quite spectacular. I agree though that it would be difficult to capture his style in an animated form, and it certainly couldn't be done cheaply.
Old 2004-01-29, 21:56   Link #25
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Great comic. It is just that all the cool characters either or leave.
Old 2004-01-29, 22:59   Link #26
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Awesome series...I have been with it since issue 1 about 3 or 5 years ago now.

I would like to see this into anime but then again i wouldnt. Alot of what appeals to me about this anime is the style of Samura's art. I like the way he draws the characters and literally animates them in pencil. I look forward to future issues and volumes of this(going Volumes becuase i can never find he issues )
Old 2004-01-29, 23:52   Link #27
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
i guess i should feel lucky the local comic shops carry this in monthly format.... heh

anycase i love the style, the characters are personalities i could imagine existing, rather than those that seem rather fake.
Old 2004-02-02, 01:38   Link #28
Eternal_Blue06

Blade Of The Immortal

I have 13 volumes of BLade of the Immortal and I find that it is an awesome read, the story is a little slow, but character development is really nice. Rin is a brat, but Anotsu seems like an perfect antagonnist. I would personally love to see maybe Margatsu and the Giichi (the hook weilding guys) go at it, although that won't happen, That art master guy would be pretty cool if they developed him a little more too. I can't wait for the rest of the series to come out! (does neone know how much volumes there are though?)
Old 2004-02-04, 01:16   Link #29
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
the series is currently still running in japan, up to 15 or 16? i forget. pretty long for a monthly.
anycase, from what 'reviews' of it i've read, there are some truly interesting fights yet to come.... some new characters.... people die.... et cetera
Old 2004-02-04, 07:23   Link #30
Feria

Send a message via ICQ to Feria Send a message via AIM to Feria Send a message via MSN to Feria Send a message via Yahoo to Feria
I've only read the first three myself, and Im hoping to read more, I'm seriously thinking of geting these for myself and not just keep borrowing stuff from friends although the order is hard to figure out sometimes, I had to look in the back of te first one to work it out. I really like this series but I first read it in its original format which makes the english versian anying because I couldn't adjust to it because its not exactly flipped ^^;
Old 2004-02-06, 13:02   Link #31
Go-go
Shinsengumi's shinobi.

I've only read the first volume, but I was totally blown away. The artwork is awsome, and I really like the way Samura drives the storyline.

It could have been another story about a whiny brat getting revenge and the typical "bad-ass-manga-heroe", but NO, it's BLADE OF THE INMORTAL!

I definetly need to read more of this manga.
Old 2004-03-01, 03:48   Link #32
skunkworks

I've been keeping up with all of what Dark Horse has released, but the monthly issues feel really short. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find RAW scanlations.
Old 2004-03-01, 04:05   Link #33
Carpe Jugulum
Kessen Satsu

Send a message via AIM to Carpe Jugulum Send a message via MSN to Carpe Jugulum
ye i completely aggree blade of the imrotal is amazing i mean the art is like flawless, some of the crazy faces it has and some mad poses it pulls off in fight scenes are outstanding.

the only problem i have i live in england (the backwater country for anime/manga ) and each book costs me the aquivilent of about 20 odd dollars bit more maybe
Old 2004-03-01, 09:42   Link #34
Merco
I like pie

AuKwOrD1:

You, my friend, need to rent (or buy) the Berserk anime, or buy the manga (I hear the first two volumes are out in the US) if you haven't already...

insane stuff it is. I can tell you from first hand experience that the Anime is much tamer then the Manga is. It's a good thing I read it now... this manga would have very well warped my mind if I were 12

(edit: just to be clear we're talking about an adult oriented manga/Anime on par (or maybe more) with something like BOTI.)
Old 2004-03-01, 14:05   Link #35
kyagami

Send a message via MSN to kyagami
im kinda confused this one with vagabond...
Old 2004-03-02, 10:56   Link #36
Wolfsbane68

Merco, Shira *is* a sadist after all. I'd say that was anticipatory glee.
Old 2004-03-20, 01:38   Link #37
Devin

Blade of the Immortal is my favorite Manga series hands down. Manji is my favorite ronin character ever... He'd give Kenshin Himura a fight to be bargained for.
Old 2004-03-20, 01:53   Link #38
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Blade of the Immortal deserves to be made into an anime more than any other manga series in existance. However, I would hate for that to actually happen, unless they gave it a huge budget. As others have said, the artwork would not translate well into anime form. The huge budget might make it work, but I still doubt it. I really don't think we'll have to worry about it though. If anyone had intentions of making this into an anime, I'm sure it would have been done by now.
Old 2004-03-23, 17:23   Link #39
scim

Send a message via MSN to scim
I read the first volume of the manga in german (i'm from the Netherlands myself) and I always wanted the english manga and complete my collection. So i was looking for the first volume but archonia.com (webstore based in Belgium) didn't have it in stock.
Luckily amazon.co.uk still had 5 of them in stuck and i ordered them right away (first volume together with the second).
I hope i'll receive them soon, first volume was great so i'm looking forward to the second.
Old 2004-05-31, 11:39   Link #40
FreakyEyes

I am so happy that we have this "Fantasiapelit" shop in Finland... I have bought and read two first volumes. Artwork is so stylish, characters are great and balance between drama and action is just perfect. Ah I should have bought the third volume today too... (I bought first volume yesterday and the second one today)
Closed Thread