AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-07, 04:33   Link #4521
GendoAizenPig

Chapter 213 - Maria calls them her sisters and Ibaniel refers to her as a goddess. They also all apparently share the name "Eluka Nova."

I just looked at the RAWs myself and honestly wouldn't be too surprised if the two Goddesses that got involved are the youngest and weakest of the bunch. Kind of like Chiffon and Lucy are for the Legendaries. I see a curb stomp coming when the others get involved.

It's also interesting to note that Arnette and Elizabeth were not shown in this chapter either.
GendoAizenPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 09:33   Link #4522
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just looked at the raws for Chapters 215 and 216. I wonder what Satellizer is doing at the end? And yeah, Elizabeth isn't there.

But yeah, if the top goddesses aren't being involved right now, it's still quite possible that the tables will be turned once she is. Hopefully Kazuya can make the heroes even stronger to cope.
Old 2018-02-07, 21:34   Link #4523
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Just looked at the raws for Chapters 215 and 216. I wonder what Satellizer is doing at the end? And yeah, Elizabeth isn't there.

But yeah, if the top goddesses aren't being involved right now, it's still quite possible that the tables will be turned once she is. Hopefully Kazuya can make the heroes even stronger to cope.
Seems to me she's charging up for a final blow, the same one she used against the Nova Commander in the 12th Clash. And since Satellizer's role is as a Finisher, it makes perfect sense.

But yes, Kazuya will have to employ his advanced Freezing once the stronger Goddesses get involved, the girls will get crushed otherwise, especially if the elder sisters are even stronger than Maria. Though once the head Goddess, Erectar (that name just sounds so wrong), get involved, I'm not sure how they'll prevail. But we'll see.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 02:14   Link #4524
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Seems to me she's charging up for a final blow, the same one she used against the Nova Commander in the 12th Clash. And since Satellizer's role is as a Finisher, it makes perfect sense.

But yes, Kazuya will have to employ his advanced Freezing once the stronger Goddesses get involved, the girls will get crushed otherwise, especially if the elder sisters are even stronger than Maria. Though once the head Goddess, Erectar (that name just sounds so wrong), get involved, I'm not sure how they'll prevail. But we'll see.
I believe her name is Electar, not Erectar. but Erectar is how the Japanese would pronounce it.

Remember, the letter "R" replaces "L" in the Japanese alphabet when is comes to pronouncing words that have L's in them. It's the same issue with Lana. It's Lana Linchen, not Rana Rinchen.
Old 2018-02-08, 10:03   Link #4525
GendoAizenPig

For whatever reason the official English translation kept her name as Rana. I believe the a English anime dub did the same. Her last name was indeed changed to Linchen though.
Old 2018-02-08, 10:15   Link #4526
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, I guess they either took some liberties or it's really supposed to be "Rana". But do notice that the head goddess' name is "Electar". So it does happen with some names.

@Alzahad: Yeah, I agree.
Old 2018-02-08, 13:19   Link #4527
Tachibana
タチバナ

Maybe the name is actually Electa. It's listed as an American, Greek and Latin name.

The American and Greek meaning is: Selected

The Greek meaning means: Chosen One

This would actually be fitting given her position.

EDIT: I was thinking about it and it occurred to me. Maria Elca Nova was said to have stepped down from her position as a one of the Sovereign Nova to assume her current position. And we have a Maria Lancelot on Earth who is exactly identical to the one on Elca. What if in order for Maria Elca Nova to have stepped down from her position, she had split herself into two individuals. Her human self who had become Maria Elca Nova and her Nova self who would later become known as Maria Lancelot.

I was under the assumption that Maria Lancelot came from yet another parallel world. So far we have yet to see any references, evidence or any indication that any of this is true.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2018-02-09 at 00:01.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 16:32   Link #4528
GendoAizenPig

215 was finally translated

Spoiler:
Old 2018-02-26, 17:19   Link #4529
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, what's the silly harem baiting? This series shouldn't have that since the Pandora have their Limiters. At most, just give Kazuya a bigamy (Stella even gave the okay to Rana being his second wife - even though it was only in exchange for asking her to help her save Kazuya). Or since they aren't human anyway, throw in Arcadia and the aunts. Just leave the other Pandora out of it.

Anyway. I liked that we got some info about Gengo's theory that led to all of this. The Wave Theory. But what's that about the "Singularity"? Why are Kazuya and the others Singularities? Does it just refer to people from another world, or is Ibaniel also a Singularity? What does it mean, anyway?

And yeah, Arnette and Elizabeth didn't go because only five people can go and they wanted to strongest ones from Platoon 13. And Rana and Stella are Transcendental.
Old 2018-02-26, 17:30   Link #4530
GendoAizenPig

You're right I misspoke (it is indeed bigamy, not harem), but the point still stands about it being unnecessary. I wish that stuff was kept out of this manga. There are plenty of other series out there for people who like that (I mean light novels are freaking overflowing with them). I'm just sick and tired of it seeping into series that didn't start out that way. If you're going to have stuff like that be upfront about it is all I'm asking. That way I can avoid getting invested.

It is interesting that Elizabeth and Arnette believe that they're weaker than the others. I wonder if that means their transcendent powers were temporary after all.
Old 2018-02-27, 03:20   Link #4531
Alhazad2003

They were temporary, Gendo; only Satellizer, Rana, and Ticy have truly Transcended, the others were granted temporary powers from Kazuya. If he could've made them fully Transcendent then he'd be a complete Gary Stu, and that's not what the story needs. Thankfully it didn't come to that.

But... wow... now we know how it all began. Though I think either the scanlators or LDY himself made a snafu, Gengo first met Maria in 2012, not 2014. And at least we have a better idea of his actual age, he's 75 as of the current time.

Though I still believe that if the battle of Eluka is won, the Nova on Earth will disappear. At least I hope so, but we'll see.
Old 2018-02-27, 08:00   Link #4532
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@GendoAizenPig: Rana loved Kazuya from the start. And Stella is First Girl. So a bigamy makes sense. And there are good True Harems out there.

I guess the ones that aren't fully Transcended weren't given full exposure to his power? Or maybe Kazuya himself chose to not make them permanently transcend (if he can do that).
Old 2018-02-27, 09:19   Link #4533
GendoAizenPig

No Bigamy doesn't make sense. They started out as love rivals. All of this second wife shit started when Ouka showed up. It was over 100 chapters into the story, so no it wasn't like that from the start. It started out as a love triangle and that's how it should've stayed. It's blatant pandering. You don't just decide out of nowhere that you're cool with sharing your "destined one" with someone else no matter how many Anime/Manga/Light Novels say that's normal behavior. Satellizer and Kazuya spent those first 100 chapters developing their relationship while Rana has been turn downed at every turn. Rana never stood a chance and the plotline should've been dropped. It's dumb and it's just there to please a specific crowd at the expense of the story.

Since it's very off topic, I put a pretty sizable amount of my feelings on True Harems under the spoiler tag. A warning that none of it is positive, but it is also only based off the ones I've seen/read. You can read it or ignore it, I don't really care.
Spoiler:
Old 2018-02-27, 10:39   Link #4534
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I haven't read any bad True Harems. I guess it depends on what you find.

Look at Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut, Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha (warning: Borderline-H - ecchiness is part of the plot, and the MC and the girls gain power from it; MC is badass and can be cold; dad of MC has two hot wives and is a famous War Hero (he's basically more powerful than his son and cooler, but his son's also kind of close). Girls are friends to each other and have a good relationship between them), Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou (again, warning: Borderline-H. This one also has the MC and girls getting stronger from the ecchiness. We have magic from mythologies, and the MC becomes an actual king - before giving up his power and taking magic away from the world because it's for the best. Girls are friends in this one too, and the first girl even helps out with the other girls), High School DxD (MC is first one I've seen that actually wants to become a Harem King; he's a breast-loving pervert, but he isn't the type of guy you'd hate despite that. Girls get good development and are friends as well, and have good relationships aside from the one with the MC. MC won't do anything with a girl that doesn't love him, or is either already in a relationship with another guy or is loved by or herself loves another guy. Story takes 10 Volumes before the MC starts dating the first girl, and there's a lot of cockblocking, but the fighting and action are good. MC is slowly getting stronger), Unlimited Fafnir (MC is not human (looks human, but actually isn't one). Is the only guy in a school full of girls, but it's not like Infinite Stratos. Dragons. World-saving plot), Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (not sure if this one's a True Harem, but there's a chance).

None of the girls in the True Harem LNs I've read seem like they're only objects to collect. They have development and their own stories. That's why I'm recommending them to you (though if you don't want to read, I won't force you). It's good to know what a "good" True Harem looks like. And yes, believe it or not, they do exist.

Back to Freezing.

It's good to know why only 5 people could come to the other world, and also why the Legendary Pandora could send more despite having said that they didn't have Soul Energy left to send more than one person: They used their own Soul Energy plus all of the Soul Energy in the planet, and still only managed to muster up enough to send 5 people.

This series doesn't have any business being a harem or bigamy, I know that. But I'm still going to wing it and see what happens and how it's handled.
Old 2018-02-27, 11:01   Link #4535
GendoAizenPig

Again put under a spoiler because it's offtopic

Spoiler:

At least we can somewhat agree on Freezing, but I'm personally going to be pissed if it goes that route.
Old 2018-02-27, 11:14   Link #4536
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I guess we just have completely different opinions, then. No reason to continue that discussion in that case. Sorry to bother you.

Well, anyway, yeah, let's just wait and see what happens in Freezing.
Old 2018-02-27, 15:15   Link #4537
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post

I guess the ones that aren't fully Transcended weren't given full exposure to his power? Or maybe Kazuya himself chose to not make them permanently transcend (if he can do that).
Transcending means accepting the Transcendent Will into oneself, something that only Satellizer, Rana, and Ticy have done, shown during the 12th Nova Clash. Basically it means transcending one's faults, revealed by the Transcendent Will, and I'm guessing the result is them transcending the limits of Pandora abilities, or possibly transcending humanity itself. I wouldn't be surprised if the three Transcendent Pandoras have partial stigmatic bodies at this point, for they are now beyond human.

That's something Kazuya can't do on his own, if he could he'd essentially be a god, and I know that's not what he wants. Nor does most everyone else.
Old 2018-02-27, 15:21   Link #4538
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That explanation makes sense. And yeah, Kazuya wouldn't want to be a god. That's true. But Gengo seems to have other ideas. *shakes first at old man*
Old 2018-02-27, 21:56   Link #4539
shiki343

I just read chapter 215. It's nice the chapter is finally translated. But I find it a bit funny how this entire chapter was hyping up Satellizer and company coming to the rescue. But really, what are Satellizer, Lana, and Platoon 13 gonna do? If Kazuya couldn't do anything what can they do? I bet in the next chapter they're all gonna get destroyed and negate all the hype from this chapter. Maybe if Suna, Lucy, and Ticy had gone instead of Platoon 13 they might've had a chance, but no.

Cassie, Rozanne. and Charles have business being there. They've been entirely irrelevant for an arc and a half, and in terms of power they're practically fodder at this point. It sucks having to say that because Cassie and Roxanne are among my favorite characters in the series (screw Charles) but its the truth. They're not even Transcendent Pandora yet (as far as we know) never mind Buster level. These nova goddesses are at least LP level if not above that. I'd say they're on Arcadia's level.

Everyone is going to need a Fairy Tail level power up to stand a chance against these foes, and no one wants that. Never go full Fairy Tail. Arcadia has to appear. She's their only hope.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 06:44   Link #4540
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Arcadia can't do anything, probably, since she's occupied with monitoring the situation and reporting it to the Legendary Pandora outside who are maintaining the link.

You'll know what's happening in the next chapters if you look at the raws. Search around the net.

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen