AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 20:40   Link #781
jfs
Aegisub dev

faqcorner yes that might work but it's a really ugly solution and you produce plainly invalid ASS code using it.
Why do it the wrong way when the right way is just as easy or even easier?

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:47   Link #782
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
faqcorner yes that might work but it's a really ugly solution and you produce plainly invalid ASS code using it.
Why do it the wrong way when the right way is just as easy or even easier?
>_> good point

it's just that when I did my own particle explosions, I didn't know about notext, so that's how I thought of how to do it without replicating the text.

(which means mainly lack of knowledge of it on my part, but I was just posting about it from what I found out myself from my own random testings -before- I found out about notext)
zhurai-tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 02:23   Link #783
blakbunnie27
Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to blakbunnie27 Send a message via MSN to blakbunnie27
Softsub Karaoke

I'm sorry if a thread like this already exists. I didn't know what to type in the search box, and I didn't want to look for it without using the search tool.

When I load a .ass subtitle script with {\k} or {\kf} on mpc, it doesn't render the karaoke well, meaning it doesn't do that change each syllable thing as the song goes. What would I have to do to be able to have karaoke as softsubs?
Old 2008-11-14, 02:48   Link #784
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

did you TIME the karaoke?
Old 2008-11-14, 02:51   Link #785
blakbunnie27
Translator
*Fansubber

Yes... it's timed correctly with the {\k} tags as well.
Old 2008-11-14, 03:02   Link #786
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

did you even put it into the mkv?

how about upload it somewhere so we can see what you have >_> or something
Old 2008-11-14, 03:05   Link #787
jfs
Aegisub dev

You have subpicture prebuffering enabled. Disable it.

If you're using the MPC internal renderer, you do that by setting Number of Subpictures to Buffer Ahead on the Subtitles page of Options to 0 (zero).
In external VSFilter you uncheck the Subpicture Prebuffering option.

Old 2008-11-14, 03:05   Link #788
blakbunnie27
Translator
*Fansubber

No, I didn't merge it, I just loaded it (drag and drop the .ass). Does it make a difference if I merge it into the mkv? If so, what software do I use to merge it?
Old 2008-11-14, 03:09   Link #789
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakbunnie27 View Post
No, I didn't merge it, I just loaded it (drag and drop the .ass). Does it make a difference if I merge it into the mkv? If so, what software do I use to merge it?
try doing what jfs suggested

if still doesn't work, use mkvmerge and merge your video with the .ass

I don't think drag and drop works, but I don't know, I didn't program that video player (and I don't use that video software - I'm using Zoom Player >_>)
Old 2008-11-14, 09:43   Link #790
blakbunnie27
Translator
*Fansubber

Quote:
You have subpicture prebuffering enabled. Disable it.

If you're using the MPC internal renderer, you do that by setting Number of Subpictures to Buffer Ahead on the Subtitles page of Options to 0 (zero).
In external VSFilter you uncheck the Subpicture Prebuffering option.

It works now, thank you.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:15   Link #791
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Make sure your script resolution is correct, ex: 704x396 instead of 640x480
Old 2008-11-16, 12:15   Link #792
jfs
Aegisub dev

My syllables are incorrectly spaced!

Old 2008-11-17, 15:06   Link #793
Kageri

hi

I'm pretty unsecure how much lead in/out I should use for the line, if I time karaoke. What are you prefering?
Kageri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:11   Link #794
jfs
Aegisub dev

I prefer my timed karaoke to not have any lead-in/out at all but to be perfectly sharp. Any lead-in/out should be part of the effect and not the base timing. (But that's the reason I dislike the "karaoke timer" and "karaoke effects" separation, it's one single job because the two parts are so closely connected. I've often had to adjust the timing in various ways to make the effect proper.)

That being said, I don't think a karaoke line should stay on screen after it has finished except for fade-out or fade-over effect, and a line should start appearing at most 2 seconds before it's up.

Edit: But when doing lead-ins and outs also remember to take the music and original video into account, preferably the karaoke effect should synchronise with those two to avoid creating some kind of dissonance. Eg. look at the first line entry effect for my Gundam 00 S1 OP 2 karaoke for Conclave-Mendoi.

Old 2008-11-18, 02:58   Link #795
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

Quote:
I prefer my timed karaoke to not have any lead-in/out at all but to be perfectly sharp. Any lead-in/out should be part of the effect and not the base timing. (But that's the reason I dislike the "karaoke timer" and "karaoke effects" separation, it's one single job because the two parts are so closely connected. I've often had to adjust the timing in various ways to make the effect proper.)

That being said, I don't think a karaoke line should stay on screen after it has finished except for fade-out or fade-over effect, and a line should start appearing at most 2 seconds before it's up.

Edit: But when doing lead-ins and outs also remember to take the music and original video into account, preferably the karaoke effect should synchronise with those two to avoid creating some kind of dissonance. Eg. look at the first line entry effect for my Gundam 00 S1 OP 2 karaoke for Conclave-Mendoi.
(semi)random note with that:

it is important (at least to me), that the karaoke effect actually -FITS- the song being sung, AS WELL AS the Theme of the anime (genre,etc),
it is less important to try to make the most advanced effect / "fx" that you can think of for the song

for example:
ToLoveRu ED2.

why the hell would you put fire, flashing, shaking, etc in when it has -nothing- to do with the song (no I didn't see this happen, thank goodness, but just as a very...extravelent example)

note:
- Subtitle Styling topic is a good read on this matter (though geared towards Styling, and not karaoke effects, so beware about that, though it does have good points...)

might edit this post later, as it's late (though I might forget tomm , so oh well!)
Old 2008-11-18, 16:58   Link #796
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:

I also like karaoke to be timed with no leadin/out, since I always beat time my lead ins and outs or scene time them depending on whichever looks better. I don't really do fancy effects for how things come in cause I think they are eye cancer, but I more fade based on the song itself.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 12:09   Link #797
pichu
*Fansubber

There are just countless number of ways to do lead-in and lead-out effects. The most fundamental one is basic fading, but I prefer to stay away from mere fades, if I wanted lead-in/out effects to be applied on all lines instead of just selected lines (cross-fadings look terrible in most cases). I found the best way to approaching this problem is to destroy earlier syllables first at lead-out, and to appear earlier syllables first at lead-in; this way, the two lines will not obstruct each other during transitions.

There's no correct or wrong way, but I just know there are better ways.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 06:15   Link #798
timgorden11

Hey there people.

This may be a REALLY stupid kara question but please cut me some slack im only just starting lol.

Ok so i followed the steps for basic Karaoke Templater Tutorial 1 and 2 on the Aegisub manual site (http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Ka...ter_Tutorial_1) and i've got a question.

On the second part of the tutorial (http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Ka...ter_Tutorial_2)

it gives this effect thing: {\r\k$kdur\t($start,$end,\1c&H00FF00&)\t($start,$m id,\fscy120)\t($mid,$end,\fscy100)\t($end,!$end+20 0!,\alpha&HFF&)}

Now it works fine but i was wondering if there is a way to change the color of the kara effect? The effect turns the kara text green then disappears, is there a way i can say make the color blue?

Thanks.
timgorden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 07:06   Link #799
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgorden11 View Post
Hey there people.

This may be a REALLY stupid kara question but please cut me some slack im only just starting lol.

Ok so i followed the steps for basic Karaoke Templater Tutorial 1 and 2 on the Aegisub manual site (http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Ka...ter_Tutorial_1) and i've got a question.

On the second part of the tutorial (http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Ka...ter_Tutorial_2)

it gives this effect thing: {\r\k$kdur\t($start,$end,\1c&H00FF00&)\t($start,$m id,\fscy120)\t($mid,$end,\fscy100)\t($end,!$end+20 0!,\alpha&HFF&)}

Now it works fine but i was wondering if there is a way to change the color of the kara effect? The effect turns the kara text green then disappears, is there a way i can say make the color blue?

Thanks.
I don't understand aegis's karaoke automation that well but "\1c&H00FF00&" = green. So I assume if you change that color commands value to some other hex RGB color you well get a different color.

Also, the text is disappearing because of the "\alpha&HFF&" at the very end of the line of code. So if you want the color blue and the text to not disappear I am guessing you would have to do something like this.

{\r\k$kdur\t($start,$end,\1c&HFF0000&)\t($start,$m id,\fscy120)\t($mid,$end,\fscy100)}

If you still want it to disappear but turn blue, then.

{\r\k$kdur\t($start,$end,\1c&HFF0000&)\t($start,$m id,\fscy120)\t($mid,$end,\fscy100)\t($end,!$end+20 0!,\alpha&HFF&)}

I could be totally wrong about how the automation code works, but the value changes for color and alpha I gave are correct.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 07:23   Link #800
timgorden11

wow thanks alot the:

{\r\k$kdur\t($start,$end,\1c&HFF0000&)\t($start,$m id,\fscy120)\t($mid,$end,\fscy100)\t($end,!$end+20 0!,\alpha&HFF&)}

color change thing worked great, it turned blue as planned.

Is there somewhere that lists all the code things for aegisubs karaoke automation color things so i can change it to other colors if i want?

Thanks again.
timgorden11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software