AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-19, 14:37   Link #1141
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Probably because light can escape as long as it didn't touch the barrier cloaking as contrast to black hole where it is like vacuum sucking the surrounding with the light in, the barrier doesn't suck light but absorbed any light through physical contact. That plus they displayed the actual Nilokeras not a black mass of nothingness and anime's logic.
But light has to actually be reflected off an object for you to see it. If the barrier absorbs all light, than the only place you would actually see anything would be the gaps. Light that is absorbed, just like light sucked into a black hole, isn't seen.

I think they could have just left the "light being absorbed too" part off and it would have been fine, but the writer was a little overzealous.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 14:39   Link #1142
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Probably because light can escape as long as it didn't touch the barrier cloaking
Even in that case you wouldn't be able to see the robot. Light has to touch the thing and come back for you to see it.
Old 2014-07-19, 14:40   Link #1143
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Smoke screens are a very common thing in any battlefield, with or without robots. It doesn't make sense to rely only on external cameras if they can have on boards one as well. As a weakness, it's a pretty retarded one, because even with a few more gaps in the barrier, it would still be less risky to have on board cameras too.
You'll also think those cameras would have a infrared option, or a variety of other options designed specifically to allow for battlefield visibility.

There's no excuse, even from a Martian standpoint; Mars is notorious for its massive dust storms, how would Martian machines be able to operate in their native territory if they had such glaring weaknesses.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 14:43   Link #1144
Kazu-kun

^ True. It's overall a pretty nonsensical idea.

EDIT: Urobuchi should have watched Predator. ^^
Old 2014-07-19, 14:44   Link #1145
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
An antenna's probably easier to protect than a lens, and it allows him to have multiple cameras with only one gap in the barrier.
This. It's much easier to hide an antenna behind armor then put a camera there. Eventually with all the random shooting at the mechs a round is going to hit that camera, leading earth to notice the gap in the armor whereas a round striking the armor isn't. I would think this type of battle is a one off. You can't rely only on a single guerrilla style op to defeat everyone.
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 14:46   Link #1146
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I have one question though. If Nilokeras' barrier shield can absorb any and everything including matter, radio signals, and even light, how the heck is most of it not invisible to the human eye? If all the light is absorbed, meaning it can't bounce back, how can anyone even see it?

That's why black holes are practically invisible except for the distorted space around it, all light is absorbed by them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
That is a good point. Though it could be that the Mech disappears when the barrier acts up. We don't actually know what the characters are seeing when the Mech's do actually activate. And if the barrier is only active when it senses something coming or when it tries to phase in through something else, it would indeed make sense that it would be visible the rest of the time... And maybe it takes a lot of energy to phase out so they don't do it all of the time. (maybe viewers can see it when the barrier is active, but not the characters which is why it takes on the weird color... that could explain a lot... maybe the outline would be faint or something where human perception fills it out...like with those optic illusions sorts of diagrams...)

On the other hand, the MC doesn't exactly have to be completely right about his explanation. He could be partially right, but also slightly wrong about how it works. The idea here is that perhaps it filters out energy waves that human scientists are familiar with, but not information that might be quantum in nature that the martians might now understand because of their superior technology. That could very well be true, and it would indeed resolve everything. After all, scientists right now agree that most of the matter in the universe is unexplainable by the rules that we have now that govern the rest of the matter that we understand scientifically in the universe. If this is the case, and the show is embracing scientific, logical explanations to that extreme, then that would be incredible... (It would also explain why the show is claiming to be the next big mech series...) (If it is true that Urobuchi only wants to work on things that he thinks have large potential, then it could indeed signify something about how he personally feels about this show unless he's just doing it for the money.)
If the Martians had quantum tech then there'd be no reason to use laser and radio transmission to begin with.

Quote:
Probably because light can escape as long as it didn't touch the barrier cloaking as contrast to black hole where it is like vacuum sucking the surrounding with the light in, the barrier doesn't suck light but absorbed any light through physical contact. That plus they displayed the actual Nilokeras not a black mass of nothingness and anime's logic.
Quote:
But light has to actually be reflected off an object for you to see it. If the barrier absorbs all light, than the only place you would actually see anything would be the gaps. Light that is absorbed, just like light sucked into a black hole, isn't seen.

I think they could have just left the "light being absorbed too" part off and it would have been fine, but the writer was a little overzealous.
Actually, if I think about it again it is possible if the barrier works only one way so anything that comes in gets nullified, not what goes out. Light is also energy, which the Nikoleras also runs on. So it's possible the light we're seeing is the light the Nikoleras emits possibly using the Aldnoah from the inside of the barrier.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 14:53   Link #1147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I have one question though. If Nilokeras' barrier shield can absorb any and everything including matter, radio signals, and even light, how the heck is most of it not invisible to the human eye? If all the light is absorbed, meaning it can't bounce back, how can anyone even see it?

That's why black holes are practically invisible except for the distorted space around it, all light is absorbed by them.
Not invisible. Pitch black. But yes, it was silly.

As was the lack of onboard cameras. (Just use tiny lenses.)

Also, Inaho was lucky the hole was big enough to pass a giant knife through.

And what did Trillram think was going to happen when he told Slaine he'd tried to kill the princess, and would do it again?

Still, the episode was fun. It made it easier to ignore how dumbfuck stupid the setting was.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 14:55   Link #1148
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Even in that case you wouldn't be able to see the robot. Light has to touch the thing and come back for you to see it.
It not like we know every bits and pieces about the properties of Aldnoah Light(the light), also the animator will want to show us the actual chasing sequence with a visible machine rather a black mass of nothingness and there also the anime's logics. Overthinking about these trivial stuff isn't gonna give you the answer anyway, just focus on the ones that make sense.
Old 2014-07-19, 14:56   Link #1149
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

And what did Trillram think was going to happen when he told Slaine he'd tried to kill the princess, and would do it again?

Still, the episode was fun. It made it easier to ignore how dumbfuck stupid the setting was.
Well, clearly this douche wasn't in his right mind. I think he got the crappy honor of being the first Martian Kat pilot in history to get his ass handed to him by Terrans.
Old 2014-07-19, 15:02   Link #1150
ChampDream
Alive

Surprise we have a Mahou Shoujo Princess here.
Really like the episode, Inaho's plan was really impressive and Slaine showing some courage.
Old 2014-07-19, 15:03   Link #1151
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Black holes are considered invisible to the human eye, but then again they're in space so everything's black there and they don't look as obvious there. But yeah, for the mech, it would look like a large black void, which wouldn't help it much in terms of not being noticed.

I think Trillram really believes that Slaine is inferior to him and is too dumb and scared to actually say anything. To Trillram, it would be like yelling out your anger to a dog.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-19, 15:03   Link #1152
Nerroth
NePoi!

I have a feeling that any hopes of the Princess (or Slaine) finding support from Count Cruhteo may be quite short-lived. Saazbaum was already preparing a meteor bombardment from orbit, which was going to put the landing castle under a degree of risk; if he finds out that Triilram is dead and that the Princess is still alive, what is to stop him targeting Cruhteo's castle directly?

(At least seeing a castle be destroyed in such a fashion would show that they are not quite invulnerable.)

At this point, I wonder if, rather than coming to her aid directly, Cruhteo's death (should it happen) may end up being the trigger for a VERS civil war, especially if he is able to send out a communication to the other clans before the meteors hit. A split between loyalist and opportunist clans on a broader scale might have a longer-term impact, and would mean that the Princess herself (and probably Slaine, too) would be more or less obliged to stay with whoever survives the coming attack rather than link up with a loyalist VERS force any time soon.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2014-07-19 at 15:14.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:04   Link #1153
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyAI View Post
With these external cameras and such, I wonder why they haven't made the robot remote control, like unmanned drones.
From where? Because if it's far, lag is a pain, and if it's close, that means the operator of the untouchable robot is in a warzone, in what's presumably a less indestructible vehicle.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:05   Link #1154
Kazu-kun

Quote:
the animator will want to show us the actual chasing sequence with a visible machine rather a black mass of nothingness and there also the anime's logics.
Then they should come up with a weakness that let them do all that while making sense. It's not really that hard you know. They fucked up because they were lazy. They know a lot of viewers won't care if the series makes sense as long as the production values are good and the girls are cute.
Old 2014-07-19, 15:06   Link #1155
Stanelis

The armor stuff was a bit cheesy though. The mecha should have been pitch black and still the martians would have had the option to pulse the juice of the armor and to time data acquisition between 2 pulse of the armor.
Stanelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:17   Link #1156
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I watched livestream and it was great. Part with Magical Princess was unexpected
I'm beginning to think there is something to the idea that the "magical" princess power of Asseylum is actually some kind of technology. Looking at where the light originated, it comes from her upper chest, which is where her necklace is located. I noted earlier that her necklace isn't your normal jewelry and is asymmetrical with a gold moon on one side and a red jewel on the other and a green jewel in the middle.

Then looking at this picture of her with the Emperor, he too wears an interesting medallion necklace, also with a red jewel and what looks like a jeweled planet. Could these necklaces be related to their power?

Also, no one else is wrapped up in winter clothing, and being from Mars the princess should be used to cold weather. However, still she wears a large scarf that hides her neck? Could it be that she's hiding the necklace that would stay the same no matter her appearance? Just a thought...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-19, 15:23   Link #1157
bakato

Quote:
I'm beginning to think there is something to the idea that the "magical" princess power of Asseylum is actually some kind of technology. Looking at where the light originated, it comes from her upper chest, which is where her necklace is located. I noted earlier that her necklace isn't your normal jewelry and is asymmetrical with a gold moon on one side and a red jewel on the other and a green jewel in the middle.

Then looking at this picture of her with the Emperor, he too wears an interesting medallion necklace, also with a red jewel and what looks like a jeweled planet. Could these necklaces be related to their power?

Also, no one else is wrapped up in winter clothing, and being from Mars the princess should be used to cold weather. However, still she wears a large scarf that hides her neck? Could it be that she's hiding the necklace that would stay the same no matter her appearance? Just a thought...

You're probably right.
Old 2014-07-19, 15:24   Link #1158
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think it's pretty obvious her transformation is related to tech rather than magic. It's a show about ancient alien relics on the moon and mars. Pure magic doesn't have a place in this series.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:26   Link #1159
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Oh wow. Trillram is a huge idiot, spouting out his traitorous intentions in front of Slaine like that. Isn't it odd how he murdered the assassins in episode 2 so they couldn't divulge the secret behind the assassination, yet he himself revealed it in front of Slaine, somebody whom he had no idea was in on the plan? He must be incredibly dense to think Slaine would continue to cooperate with him after saying that.

Anyway, this may be the first episode of this show I've enjoyed watching to some degree. The fight in this episode was fun to watch and fairly plausible, although I do wonder why the Martian sky cameras have to be so close to the ground. They have amazing force fields but bad camera zoom?

And after 3(!) episodes Inaho finally got the chance to show how his analytical skill can be applied to combat. If this leads to a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure style of action where power levels don't matter and every possible weak spot and environmental element is exploited, maybe this show can truly impress me. That would require the Martians to not use brain-dead battle tactics though.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:28   Link #1160
StormKing

This was a good episode but it was also somewhat disappointing. This series is on track to be something more like Valvrave or Code Geass rather than Gundam 8th MS team or Sidonia. It's unfortunate for those who wanted a realistic mecha show but I still think it will be enjoyable.

Looking forward to the next episode.
StormKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sci-fi