4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-10, 02:53   Link #261
konart

Like Kate's second name - Novak

It's a pity this is not a E7AO thread...
Old 2012-06-10, 07:48   Link #262
HasuMasu
*Artist

That defensive frame looks like a civilian model.

Like you could build stuff with it.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:45   Link #263
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
That's just a old made-in-britannia kmf for building, arranged by Europe forces for fight.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:05   Link #264
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://geass.jp/akito/character.html

They updated the site with more character profiles. Just a bunch of girls this time. Two of them are subordinates of Sophie, two are assistants to Anna, and the remaining two are operators.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:47   Link #265
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

The clothes design is very sad.....

The military uniforms are more ridicule of the model we seen on code geass.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:51   Link #266
rinichan

what the... theyre all girls... seems like theyre all gonna be working as call center agents, I mean on the bridge if there is...

maybe we'll get more males in Brittania I hope...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 11:24   Link #267
Xander

After that update, it looks like they've finally run out of E.U. characters, at least for the first chapter.

Not particularly interesting, but I wouldn't really worry about them, either way. Most of those girls aren't going to get a lot of screen time, considering how little their equivalents in R2 got. They're just there to look pretty in the background.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:29   Link #268
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
After that update, it looks like they've finally run out of E.U. characters, at least for the first chapter.

Not particularly interesting, but I wouldn't really worry about them, either way. Most of those girls aren't going to get a lot of screen time, considering how little their equivalents in R2 got. They're just there to look pretty in the background.
No... They're there for the love triangle and the facfiction writers! A Mecha series seems to need multiple love interests now for the Hero, at least that's the trend that has been dominateing for a while. What ever happen to just one girl to one guy in mecha series? Is the lure of a Love Triange, or multiple girls for hat matter, that great because of the Fanshippers/fanfiction writers and their endless wars?

A little bit miffed that they didn't put Akito's katana in his concept art.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 01:11   Link #269
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No... They're there for the love triangle and the facfiction writers!
Fanfiction writers (and fan artists!) I'll give you, maybe...but love triangle? Nope.

I think the love triangle, if there is one, is going to involve the main cast (Akito, Reila, Ayano), not the minor characters who won't even get a full paragraph of dialogue.

Multiple love interests are indeed a thing, yes, but there's love interests and then there's the equivalent of extras...which is what operators and misc. assistants are.
Old 2012-06-16, 01:55   Link #270
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No... They're there for the love triangle and the facfiction writers! A Mecha series seems to need multiple love interests now for the Hero, at least that's the trend that has been dominateing for a while. What ever happen to just one girl to one guy in mecha series? Is the lure of a Love Triange, or multiple girls for hat matter, that great because of the Fanshippers/fanfiction writers and their endless wars?

A little bit miffed that they didn't put Akito's katana in his concept art.
The thing is, that sword (which is actually a kodachi) belongs to Ayano, which in itself is a huge bait for the shippers and love-triangles fans....

Incidentally, all those young girls that have been introduced lately are working for Anna (Alexander's creator) in someway or another.

Last edited by faiz blaster; 2012-06-16 at 02:49.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 11:17   Link #271
Xander

Quote:
The thing is, that sword (which is actually a kodachi) belongs to Ayano...
She does have one of her own, but I think this is still a bit of a stretch.

It's more likely that both of them will have their own weapons, including more than just one sword. There's really nothing to suggest they're sharing it. For that matter, Akito's blade has already shown up in quite a few pieces of promotional art.
Old 2012-06-16, 16:32   Link #272
Destined_Fate

Code Geass has pushed side, less important, characters to main characters before. Even if it doesn't go anywhere it still happened. I mean look at Nina, she was pushing hard for Euphie and really... She was never all that important to the plot other than for hating Zero.

Maybe they will open up the Yuri route and have some of them in love with Anna and her being ignorant to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
The thing is, that sword (which is actually a kodachi) belongs to Ayano, which in itself is a huge bait for the shippers and love-triangles fans....

Incidentally, all those young girls that have been introduced lately are working for Anna (Alexander's creator) in someway or another.
Oh... I already know there's going to be Bladeshipping between them. It's already started in some parts of the internet and the series hasn't even started yet! Though Relia has a katana too... Guess that cements them as rivals?

Maybe they'll even go the love quad and have the gloved boy in love with Ayano as well(He has appeared in art alongside her and he seems like he'll be important... Though I have a feeling he may die). Though that might be a bad idea considering how the love quad is rarely handled well.
Old 2012-06-16, 19:09   Link #273
Xander

Code Geass: 25 x 24 minutes = 600 minutes
Code Geass R2: 25 x 24 minutes = 600 minutes

Code Geass Akito: 4 x 50 minutes = 200 minutes

There's simply not enough running time, physically speaking, to have that many relationships in the upcoming show.

It's best to avoid having such expectations. Even if all things were equal, which isn't true, there's a huge time difference between two TV series and one OVA.

Last edited by Xander; 2012-06-16 at 19:23.
Old 2012-06-16, 19:31   Link #274
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:

There's simply not enough running time, physically speaking, to have that many relationships in the upcoming show.
There probably isn't time to really develop that much romantic interactions except with Akito and Layla and maybe side characters who will most likely become canon fodder for a tragic romance.

Regardless people will still make fanart and fanfics with their favorite parings.

Saw the new character profiles Hanel and Chloe. <3 Chloe reminds me of someone from a different anime just can't put my finger on it. xD

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 00:03   Link #275
Destined_Fate

Quote:

It's best to avoid having such expectations. Even if all things were equal, which isn't true, there's a huge time difference between two TV series and one OVA.
Still more than enough time to put emphasis on a love triangle between Akito, Ayano, and Reila with the others never reaching a satisfying conclusion.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:20   Link #276
Xander

Believe whatever you want to believe, I guess?

There's no point in arguing about that now.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:30   Link #277
Destined_Fate

I suppose so, but there will be a love triangle in this. The previews have made it clear that he's going to be spending more time with Ayano than the rest of the Death Flagged crew with Reila being safe since she's supposedly the main Heroine so has plot armor unless they decide to kill everyone at the end. Which seems unlikely since they tend to like Happy Endings even if their Happy Ending to R2 was not so happy for Lelouch and his lovers.

Besides, in this day and age if there is an important female character in a Mecha story she has to be attracted to the Hero or the Hero has to be attracted to her. Doesn't help that every little thing, even if it's just the Hero being nice, can and is almost always twisted by the viewers into a romantic sense. Most Mecha series that have come out in recent years just roll with it because Love Triangles are extremely profitable.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-17 at 04:54.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:14   Link #278
Xander

I wasn't disagreeing with you about the love triangle per se, generally speaking, but only about the suggestion that even the minor characters will be involved in it.

Certainly, the fans will interpret even acts of personal kindness or friendship in terms of romance, but that's mostly unrelated to any actual relationships in the story.

As for the ending...I'm not too optimistic about who will live and who will die. I also don't think R2 is an useful precedent here, since the staff is different this time.
Old 2012-06-17, 17:34   Link #279
Destined_Fate

Perhaps, but with a 5% success rate they better kill someone off. To at least remind the audience what's at stake and this isn't going to be a walk in the park.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:52   Link #280
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Considering the story, they can maybe win, but with the death of everyone.