AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 03:06   Link #1
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Anime with a strong female protagonist

An example, would be Shadow Skill: Eigi. Yes I like them buff girls!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/678/Shadow_Skill:_Eigi/
Old 2012-09-20, 06:44   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Balsa in Moribito has biceps of steel. The rest of her is pretty attractive to boot. But those aren't the reasons I recommend her or this show. It's because Moribito is one of the best series I have ever watched, and she is the strongest heroine in terms of both character and skills.

Clare in Claymore is pretty impressive as well, though Teresa is right up there with Balsa.

Next I'll suggest Nakajima Youko in Twelve Kingdoms. You would be hard pressed to understand why I would include her in this list if you only watch the first half-dozen episodes. But Youko undergoes perhaps the most impressive character development I have ever seen in anime. By the end you'll understand why she, too, is a strong female protagonist.

Another possibility might be Chizuko, the daughter ("musume") in Nijuu Mensou no Musume. She has pretty decent fighting skills but relies more on acrobatics and athleticism than brute strength.

It's hard to pick out an individual protagonist in Baccano!, but I'll still add the beautiful but mute Chane Laforet. Her weapon of choice is a dagger, and she handles it quite skillfully.

Shurrei in Saiunkoku Monogatari has a very strong character, but she's not a fighter. Her strengths are her intelligence and willpower. Her red-bean dumplings and her talent for the playing the erhu have powerful effects on the men around her as well.

Nina Fortner in Monster is very impressive because of the way she overcomes her fears and pushes forward in her effort to find Johan. Like Shurrei, her powers come from a strong mind.

Finally, I'll include Amasawa Yuuko, nicknamed Isako, from Dennou Coil. Yes, she's only ten or eleven, but she has both a remarkable talent for hacking and, again, a lot of intelligence and willpower.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-09-20 at 07:07.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 13:09   Link #3
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Thanks old man.

I saw the majority of them and will take a look into these:

Monsters - hopefully not to gore
Dennou Coil - maybe, because the character design is bit of a turn-off
Saiunkoku Monogatari - not into those type of era and the design is a turn-off.

Keep it coming!
Old 2012-09-20, 13:17   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There's very little gore in Monster. It's a psychological reference, not a show about literal monsters. There are no monsters of that type in Monster. It's all about humans, and nearly all of them are adults.

Please don't let the character designs get in your way of watching Dennou Coil. It's in my top-ten list for a number of reasons: an original story, oftentimes brilliant direction, and an extraordinary musical score. I'm just sad Iso Mitsuo appears to have left the industry. Perhaps after spending some seven years trying to convince a studio to let him make Coil, he just gave up in disgust.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-09-20 at 13:27.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote