Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-23, 12:50   Link #1441
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wait... A Bakeneko sequel?

Awesomeness. 2007 really looks like it's going to be a great year indeed. There's technically everything for everyone in respectably decent quantities no less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
Oh my. I did not notice this. I know that I say this every year, but this year is really going to be a memorable year for anime. I need to go right now as I find it difficult to contain my excitement.
haha, this is just great!! i thought only a handful of people knew about that brilliant series. ^^

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 02:02   Link #1442
Kouji
StrykerX

From Anime Nation

Quote:
The official Japanese homepage for the Production I.G./Masamune Shirow created "spiritual animation" project Shinrei Kari/GHOST HOUND is now online.

Source: Moon Phase
---

BLAME Movie

From ANN

Quote:
BLAME! Movie Announced
Plans for a full CG feature film adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei's cyberpunk manga BLAME! have been announced at the current Tokyo Anime Fair. The film's release will be preceded by the release of a short, promotional DVD this summer. Animate.tv hosts a small image of the planned production.

Source: Anime News Network
---

From Anime Nation

Quote:
The official Aria the Animation Japanese homepage has confirmed development of "ARIA the OVA ~ARIETTA~."

---

When They Cry: Kai

From Anime Nation

Quote:
The official Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni anime homepage has formally announced that the sequel "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai" television series will premier this July.

Old 2007-03-24, 02:38   Link #1443
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Came back from the Tokyo Anime Fair. Good to know NeoSam's covering the newly announced shows (still left: Sky Girls TV anime has been confirmed, and the new Noitamina anime will be Mononoke).

HOLY SHIT. How did I miss this. I was just going through moonphase casually and saw "oh hey new Noitanima" and clicked it and WHAT DO YOU KNOW BAKENEKO SEQUEL.

Okay, sorry, I've gone COMPLETELY out of my mind.

Oh my god.

2007 is way too bloody good to be true.

Aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-03-24, 03:01   Link #1444
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Holy Freakin Heck! Thank you for clicking that link wao! Just dropping the name Mononoke meant very little, but as they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words" and with this picture, every single one one of them is a joy at seeing a continuation to the final arc of "Ayakashi ~ Japanese Classic Horror." The medicine seller has got a demon killing blade and three questions to answer. Now here's a thousand words of praise for the coming show:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-24 at 03:15.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 03:08   Link #1445
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Heh, and here I was wondering where wao's obligatory fangirlism when Mononoke's announced.

As good as Bakeneko was, let's not highjack it with the Bakeneko/Mononoke's songs of praises for the unnamed Medicine Man.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 04:50   Link #1446
andromeda0201

Just wondering, hasn't there been any announcement for Tsubasa Chronicles Season 3 yet? I thought it was supposed to start on april this year, or have they delayed the production?
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 04:55   Link #1447
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Just wondering, hasn't there been any announcement for Tsubasa Chronicles Season 3 yet? I thought it was supposed to start on april this year, or have they delayed the production?
I thought I vaguely heard about news of one, but then I remembered Dennou Coil is taking its place on 12 May, and that lasts 26 episodes so I guess if a 3rd season really is coming it'll happen nearer the end of the year.

EDIT: ANyone heard anything about this Production I.G. 20th anniversary show, "Ghost Hound" coming out? It's coming out Fall 2007 apparently - and what the hell? It's directed by Ryuutarou Nakamura! The director of Lain and Kino no Tabi - and he'll be joined again by Chiaki Konaka! The character designer is apparently Mariko Oka who did the Jigoku Shoujo designs... And since it's a 20th anniversary project, I bet you this is probably extremely well produced or something.

Seriously, there is something funny going on.... there's suddenly SO many notable things and big projects in one year!

Last edited by wao; 2007-03-24 at 06:19.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:29   Link #1448
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
EDIT: ANyone heard anything about this Production I.G. 20th anniversary show, "Ghost Hound" coming out? It's coming out Fall 2007 apparently - and what the hell? It's directed by Ryuutarou Nakamura! The director of Lain and Kino no Tabi - and he'll be joined again by Chiaki Konaka! The character designer is apparently Mariko Oka who did the Jigoku Shoujo designs... And since it's a 20th anniversary project, I bet you this is probably extremely well produced or something.

Seriously, there is something funny going on.... there's suddenly SO many notable things and big projects in one year!
Yeah, heard of that one before. I believe I.G staff confirmed it at TAF recently as well. And ironically, you're missing one of the bigger names involved in it. It's going to be written (( or at least co-written )) by Shirow Masamune, of GitS fame.

So it's an Production I.G + 20th Anniversary + Lain duo + Shirow Masamune.

Sounds like a pure win of unspeakable proportions, even if it may not generally appeal to everyone.

As NSW puts it, a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

There's a goddamn conspiracy going on. First being the slew of mecha series this year (( there's even a remote hope for Macross, since it's the 25th Anniversary )) and now these...It's still March and they're promising like...a golden VIP seat for us this year alone.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-03-24 at 08:41.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 09:21   Link #1449
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:

Yeah, there was a trailer for it too. It's being written by Konaka too, another Lain staffer. The trailer reminded me a lot of Lain visually, very mysterious with filters and washed out colors. Interesting show, but I'm not a big fan of Lain so....
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 10:05   Link #1450
NeoSam

Koyasu Takehito's original adventure game VELVET UNDER WORLD is getting an anime:
http://www.velvet-uw.com/

Info about the anime here:
http://wedge-hd.com/anime_info/vel.html
Old 2007-03-24, 11:44   Link #1451
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Yeah, heard of that one before. I believe I.G staff confirmed it at TAF recently as well. And ironically, you're missing one of the bigger names involved in it. It's going to be written (( or at least co-written )) by Shirow Masamune, of GitS fame.

So it's an Production I.G + 20th Anniversary + Lain duo + Shirow Masamune.

Sounds like a pure win of unspeakable proportions, even if it may not generally appeal to everyone.

As NSW puts it, a picture is worth a thousand words, so...
Ah, thanks for the confirmation and extra information (also to duckroll). My goodness. Am I going to wake up tomorrow to a land with only eroge adaptations?

Quote:
There's a goddamn conspiracy going on. First being the slew of mecha series this year (( there's even a remote hope for Macross, since it's the 25th Anniversary )) and now these...It's still March and they're promising like...a golden VIP seat for us this year alone.

Agreed. To quote NHK ni Youkoso: INBOU DA.

What's going on?!
....Or is it just a matter of perception? >:/

This is almost becoming an overload of good stuff and I hereby grind my teeth in frustration because it's the ultimate worst timing for me... -_-

P.S. maybe Kissdum counts as pseudo-light-Macross? Then again there's no singing I think
Old 2007-03-24, 11:55   Link #1452
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone know what Madhouse's Hells Angels is? Series, OVA or movie? There's a quite impressive PV on Youtube from TAF. It looks like a Studio 4c project and reminds me of Tweeny Witches. But it seems quite freaky and experimental in style. Love the cat's eyes!

EDIT: Okay it's an adaptation of Shinichi HIROMOTO's manga called Hells Angels. A TV series according to Dreamjap. This goes on my expectations list.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-03-24 at 12:05.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 14:14   Link #1453
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
EDIT: Okay it's an adaptation of Shinichi HIROMOTO's manga called Hells Angels. A TV series according to Dreamjap. This goes on my expectations list.
It was listed on MoonPhase's TV anime list for ages >.< but got moved to the OVA anime list, with a release date of Summer 2007.
Old 2007-03-24, 14:48   Link #1454
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Does anyone know what Madhouse's Hells Angels is? Series, OVA or movie? There's a quite impressive PV on Youtube from TAF. It looks like a Studio 4c project and reminds me of Tweeny Witches. But it seems quite freaky and experimental in style. Love the cat's eyes!

Here's what I took from Madhouse's booth.

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:11   Link #1455
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Excellent, thanks for the info. So it's a 2-part OAV, with Kazuto Nakazawa (Samurai Champloo) in charge of the animation. Cool stuff indeed.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:49   Link #1456
Adventury
Rail Tracer

Shouldn't someone be announcing the remake of Versailles no Bara by now?
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:59   Link #1457
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Ah, thanks for the confirmation and extra information (also to duckroll). My goodness. Am I going to wake up tomorrow to a land with only eroge adaptations?

Agreed. To quote NHK ni Youkoso: INBOU DA.

What's going on?!
....Or is it just a matter of perception? >:/

This is almost becoming an overload of good stuff and I hereby grind my teeth in frustration because it's the ultimate worst timing for me... -_-

P.S. maybe Kissdum counts as pseudo-light-Macross? Then again there's no singing I think
Yeah well when I said like 6 months or so back that my dream and prediction for 2007 was H-Game adapations and Mecha shows existing in harmony side by side so everybody could see the lost art of mecha and complex themes, and the current art of quirky H-Games that are often light on the plot, but easy on the eye, or even a fusion of the best 2007 animation has to offer with the best 80's and 90's story telling. Well people told me something along the lines of "Take your dream and stuff it". Well, who's laughing now 6 months later. And can anybody say they are really disappointed that I was right on the money.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 05:34   Link #1458
Adventury
Rail Tracer

Considering how Versailles no Bara was quite the masterful piece of work back in the 80s, I sure hope that whoever is animating it doesn´t screw up...
Anyway, I believe you should have a look a the PV that has been screened at the TIAF07: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZzdlEzJF0
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 03:04   Link #1459
NeoSam

More Drama CDs:

The game TriggerHeart EXELICA (トリガーハート エグゼリカ) is getting a Drama CD.

The eroge Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo is getting a Drama CD:

この青空に約束を― メモリアルストーリーズ
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo Memorial Stories

Release date: 25/5/2007
Price: 2500 yen

Drama CD official site:
http://www.web-giga.com/aozora_cd/
Old 2007-03-26, 05:34   Link #1460
Woland
Latin Rascal

Wow... Versailles no Bara sure is an amazing announcement!

And the design look a lot like the original... is Araki in the staff for this? (the only thing I can read on Moonphase is Toei as animation studio).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers