AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2008-11-03, 19:12   Link #4361
Shadow Kira01

There is only a day left until the results will be out. This is both exciting and stressful. What happens if Obama loses in the end for the trivial reason over racism? Nonetheless, based on the current situation and the polls, it appears that Obama will win, but by how much?

One way or the other, as long as the voter turnout rate would be very high, all is good.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 19:36   Link #4362
james0246

^The greatest thing that McCain can do, if he is elected in part due to racism, is to immediately give Obama a cabinet position. This would greatly help to relieve tensions that might result from a stolen election due to racism.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 20:24   Link #4363
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well I think there is more than racism that could ruin the election for Obama. The people who don't go out and vote because either they don't believe their vote makes a difference or they think Obama has this won in a lanslide and they don't need to vote because his win is automatic.

Now I don't want Obama to win, but I still hope everyone who has the chance to vote will, because it does make a difference and its a great privilage.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 20:28   Link #4364
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
TOMMOROW IS THE ELECTION!!!!!! Finally, we will never see presidental election commercials for a long time! If I was able to vote, OBAMA FTW!!
Old 2008-11-03, 20:48   Link #4365
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Apparently Obama's grandmother just died.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 21:58   Link #4366
Luminisk

Coming from the horse's mouth.
Karl Rove predicts an Obama victory... not that it means much when Satan himself makes predictions.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:02   Link #4367
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Apparently Obama's grandmother just died.
Sorry to hear she didn't make it long enough to see him be president.
Old 2008-11-03, 22:24   Link #4368
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sorry to hear she didn't make it long enough to see him be president.
If I were Mccain I'd claim that Obama killed his own Grandma for political gain to provoke sympathy before the election.

Hell if you're going to go negative, go all the way!

I mean, do you REALLY think it's a COINCIDENCE that he just HAPPEN to VISIT her a week ago? Three words... time release poison.

-this post paid for by Republicans who have gone bat-shit insane because they are losing badly
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:29   Link #4369
Luminisk

Funny that you should mention coincidence.
The GOP coincidentally filled a complaint against Obama to the FEC for using the campaign plane to visit his grandmother, today...

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:31   Link #4370
nanafan
horo fan

i am excited and will be really happy to hear the end of election commercials for everything and everyone calling our house to go to vote. not sure what time i should though, i heard that it's best to do it in the middle of the day. so it's early but happy election day. we will see what happens...yay
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:32   Link #4371
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Funny that you should mention coincidence.
The GOP coincidentally filled a complaint against Obama to the FEC for using the campaign plane to visit his grandmother, today...
To be slightly fair, that complaint was made before his grandmother died. however since the GOP are buying thousands of dollars in clothes for palin and flying her kids everywhere i dont think they should complain
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:52   Link #4372
nanafan
horo fan

i still don't get why palin would spend that much money, i know they are supposed to look sophisicated, but where did she go? that much money being spent is ridiculous.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 23:20   Link #4373
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Still relevant today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i still don't get why palin would spend that much money, i know they are supposed to look sophisicated, but where did she go? that much money being spent is ridiculous.
Neiman Marcus and Sak's 5th Avenue. Seriously, I'm not kidding.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2008-11-03 at 23:34.
Aya Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 00:40   Link #4374
james0246

First results are out! Obama wins...Dixville Notch! Go Obama! Win over that strange town of a few dozen citizens that for no real reason opens up their polls at midnight.... Still no news on Hart’s Location or who they are going to vote for though . (This is a little important because it is the first indicator that Obama can and will win traditionally conservative areas of the country.)

Obama Takes the Lead -- Carries Dixville Notch!
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 00:48   Link #4375
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
TOMMOROW IS THE ELECTION!!!!!! Finally, we will never see presidental election commercials for a long time! If I was able to vote, OBAMA FTW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i am excited and will be really happy to hear the end of election commercials for everything and everyone calling our house to go to vote. not sure what time i should though, i heard that it's best to do it in the middle of the day. so it's early but happy election day. we will see what happens...yay
That's what you think. Tuesday night, Obama's victory speech. Wendsday morning, the first Palin 2012 commercials start.
Old 2008-11-04, 00:54   Link #4376
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
That's what you think. Tuesday night, Obama's victory speech. Wendsday morning, the first Palin 2012 commercials start.
The republican party really need someone else other than Palin, in 2012, that would at least know how to reach out to other class voters rather than a base group.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 01:02   Link #4377
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
The republican party really need someone else other than Palin, in 2012, that would at least know how to reach out to other class voters rather than a base group.
Piyush "Bobby" Jindal
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 01:04   Link #4378
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Obama's grandma dies hours before election. Assuming he does win tomorrow (this Swede hopes so), talk about a bittersweet victory...

More pictures like that, I'd love to see.
Obama with his family on both sides, both black and white.
People are so caught up on the fact that he's an black, rather than focusing on the fact that hey "America is a country made up on immagrants from all four corners of the earth, all races and cultures! And that a mere 60 years ago, the idea of a black and white person getting together (hell even being in a room together) was unfathomable.
The result is we could potentially have the first mixed race president, isn't that an achievement?
He is not only black, but white too, at least from a UK perspective, is how we see him.
(Which to me is nicer than people just being strictly one sided on a two side coin all the damn time) x.x
That would be a major diff between black brits and black americans, I'd think, but I can only seem him as an ethnic minorty.

It would be bittersweet if he does win, which as someone noted to me, wouldn't that make the congress, house of reps and white house entirely democratic, meaning laws would pass like honey without any resisitance?
(Could that be a bad thing for the country too?)

Well, less than 24hrs to go, the world's watching.
Here's hoping to no faulty votes, *coughfloridacough* no 50/50 balance resting on one state *coughohiocough* who suddenly change their minds in the last moment or anything else dodgy that just "suddenly" springs out of nowhere. -.-
We Brits can't help but be skeptical

PS: For all you guys who've been chatting in this thread for the past year, you've all gone and voted?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 01:12   Link #4379
mg1942

Palin's antics just cost her 2012/2016. Is GOP secretly grooming Jindal for 2012/16?

Jindal = fiscal conservative version of Obama
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 01:17   Link #4380
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Palin's antics just cost her 2012/2016. Is GOP secretly grooming Jindal for 2012/16?

Jindal = fiscal conservative version of Obama
Any conservative better than Palin is the requirement, liberal or some range of moderate.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debate, elections, politics, united_states