AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-09-08, 04:31   Link #61
WingedAccelerator

That's actually quite genius.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 11:51   Link #62
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Of course Shino must find her own way to fight for Naoya. Actually, if she just goes to Saki and tells her she wants to become the third girlfriend so that Saki isn't the one with the smallest breast she might be accepted instantly.
Why could I see this work? xD
Old 2021-09-09, 13:15   Link #63
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Fair point there.

Although I can't say what Mirika is doing should be an example to take inspiration from for Shino, unless she accepts kidnapping, handcuffs, bikini seduction, and sleeping drugs as perfectly fine.
Shino already tried the sexy lingerie tho.
Old 2021-09-21, 10:58   Link #64
Lex79

Well, from the latest chapter, if Naoya wants to other girls (he is not aware of Shino of course) to give up on him he's doing it in the worst possible way
Old 2021-09-21, 15:11   Link #65
WingedAccelerator

I get what Hiroyuki is doing, but it's a double-edged sword. If four-timing doesn't happen at the end of the manga, Mirika and Shino supporters will call out the bait and their increased presence, screentime amounting to nothing. At the same time the kanojo supporters also could say he kept giving the kanojos less moments because they have already won, and at the end of the day for what reason if Mirika and Shino won't succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Shino already tried the sexy lingerie tho.
That was indeed a thing, my bad.

Mirika does things directly though, revealing her intentions, while Shino when pressed, gives a believable excuse for Naoya why she did something so suggestive. But it's not like she also loves him or anything.
Old 2021-09-21, 15:41   Link #66
Lex79

Yeah the more he teases Naoya with Mirika and Shino, the more people will complain if they don't get an happy ending. Especially now that they are already living all together.
Old 2021-09-29, 10:07   Link #67
WingedAccelerator

Last page of the current chapter definitely feels like a classic fakeout. Whatever Nagisa wants, I don't think it will have anything to do with kissing or stuff like that. But we shall see.

Meta dictates that Shino will get the kiss. Only Saki would be more surprising given her luck.
Old 2021-09-29, 11:01   Link #68
Lex79

Even if Nagisa asks for a kiss, she won't get one. Anyway, this arc is making me root even more for the four timing ending.
Old 2021-09-29, 12:54   Link #69
WingedAccelerator

I will only root for four-timing if the girls start to get along with each other without the usual annoyances over who gets the jump on others first. We are far from that currently. Although I do think this arc will be the prelude to the endgame.

So far the volume covers have a pattern of Saki --> Nagisa --> Mirika --> Shino.
Volume 8 is the second Shino cover. If Saki gets Volume 9, another 36 chapters are almost granted. Assuming the last volume breaks the pattern, 117 chapters are the earliest this could end. Unless Volume 9 breaks the pattern first and it will be a duo cover or something.
Old 2021-09-29, 13:14   Link #70
Lex79

Unless the author comes up with something else, the story could come to a natural end once the six month trial period for Mirika ends. I don't remember how much time passed since the start of the series in order to properly calculate how many chapters will be needed to cover six months. And of course there is no guarantee that the ratio of days per chapter/volume will remain the same.
Old 2021-09-30, 03:59   Link #71
WingedAccelerator

5 months to be precise. If I take literally what Naoya has said about how the deadline is the end of the year, then setting up the deadline happened in July. I assume they can't just ditch school for a summer trip and some time have already passed, so probably it's August in the story. About 4 months left and roughly 10 chapters covers a month.
Old 2021-10-13, 08:22   Link #72
WingedAccelerator

The return of the Nagisa in heat joke. Gotta love Naoya still hugging her after hearing she might not be able to hold back.
Old 2021-10-13, 13:41   Link #73
Lex79

Not too enthusiast that again we have Nagisa playing wingwoman for Saki, but at least she got a lot of skinship with Naoya. We also got to see Mirika's true form in swimsuit and she's definitely sexy. I hope that by the end of this arc both Saki and Nagisa will get their kiss.
Old 2021-10-14, 03:01   Link #74
WingedAccelerator

Shino is so damn obvious when it comes to getting that kiss that it's becoming awfully tempting to make a twist with it. Saki will get a kiss allright, but with Shino when the two groups clash and a classic harem fall occur. And Saki will like it.
Old 2021-10-14, 09:19   Link #75
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I bet Shino somehow will get to kiss Naoya excusing herself she will do it to forget him but instead gets hooked to him even more.
Old 2021-10-14, 16:06   Link #76
WingedAccelerator

From the pressure she gets from Mirika, I think she abandons her excuses and confess. Since studying seems to be Naoya's goal now and beating Shino got mentioned, she can also set up some sort of condition in tandem with that. If Naoya can't beat her fair and square, she enters the harem. If he can, she moves on.
Old 2021-11-16, 15:31   Link #77
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Finished the anime and caught up on the manga as well.

This series is a riot. I'm so enjoying Naoya; there's no harem MC quite like him. His brutal honesty is over the top hilarity ("I'm going to turn myself into the police for peeping!"). He works himself to death to make the girls happy and has mad respect for both of them. But he's no wuss or pushover either. I kinda get why so many girls are so into him

My one issue is "Milika's damn annoying" but at the same time, I get why the author needs her in the story; she has to be the pushy one to make the other shy girls less shy. But her tactics are just TOO much....someone please arrest this thot. She really goes over the line. She's at least aware of how selfish she is....unlike Ruka (Rental Girlfriend) who thinks her horrible actions are just. So that does make her tolerable at least.

I also kind of want the main three to just stay together too. As others have pointed out "the chemistry between Naoya, Saki AND Nagisa is pretty good". Yes, it is. I don't think any other girls should be brought in though...this trio needs to stay a trio. Even though I do feel kinda bad for Shino...but...well, we will see what happens lol
Old 2021-11-16, 17:00   Link #78
WingedAccelerator

Mirika and Shino are both for padding and for experiment. They are boundless, not restricted by being girlfriends so Hiroyuki really goes all out with the zany when it comes to them. I really don't want to call them designated "fanservice" girls, but it shows. I grew tired of their gimmick though. The latest arc is a borefest, so just get to the kiss and move on.

Also, stop bitching about Ruka when she clearly admitted she is selfish generally and with the setup around Kazuya too. Or show me the panel where she says all of her actions are just. But if you can't find it, don't make baseless comparisons. Mirika wants to break an established, real couple. Ruka doesn't. Mirika uses kidnapping tactics, sleeping pills, handcuffs, tying ropes and whatnot. Ruka doesn't. Mirika even has a henchman this arc. Ruka never had it.
Old 2021-11-16, 22:10   Link #79
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Without them this manga shouldn't even survive past second volume given how Saki and Nagisa were so quick on tolerating situation.

What disappoint me is at this point Hiroyuki still keep the odds favoring Nagisa, Saki existence ended up getting hard carried by Naoya and Nagisa.
He may think keeping Saki personal moment and event for the last works (a.k.a 'save the best for the last') but Mirika and Shino constant "experimental move" messed the opportunity that could belongs to Saki.
Old 2021-11-17, 00:35   Link #80
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Also, stop bitching about Ruka
No, I won't. Ruka Sarashina is the worst, most unlikable female character I have ever seen in a harem series, ever. I'd love it if she died. I cannot stand that little bitch.

I will never see the 'appeal' of a person who refuses to break up with you and throws literal tantrums every time they don't get their way. That'd be like dating a two-year-old.

And the manga acts like she hasn't done ANYTHING wrong which makes it so much worse. Actually worse than that, Kazuya blames himself when Ruka acts irrationally. That part makes me sick.

If you like her, that's fine and I'm not trying to change your mind. I just want to express that few things make me angrier than a character claiming they "love someone" and then show ZERO respect or consideration for their so-called "beloved" own feelings. I HATE this. It's like "No bitch, you wouldn't know what "love" means if it bit you in the ass!"

At least Hiroyuki does portray Milika as an antagonist...or at the very least has a lot of characters calling out her villainous actions. She even proudly states "My favorite thing is MYSELF". So yeah, she has done really REALLY horrible things...but because she's not trying to pretend "I'm just being a good girlfriend!" and the author doesn't portray her as such, that makes her less....insufferable to me.

Quote:
What disappoint me is at this point Hiroyuki still keep the odds favoring Nagisa
Yeah....I've picked up on this too. Almost makes you think NaoyaxNagisa is endgame....but Naoya insists he loves Saki just as much....still...it's....like....I don't know what's gonna happen.

I would be surprised if the polgamy was broken by the end with Naoya choosing only Nagisa...I mean, doing so would betray the actual TITLE of the manga lol. But it does feel like the two of them have more meaningful scenes together? First there was the climax of the Hakone arc....then the festival with the fireworks....etc so it's kinda throwing me off a lot.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2021-11-17 at 01:09.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem