AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-09-07, 11:43   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1025 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hello again, friends! As usual, spoilers come courtesy of Redon and co. from AP:

-Chapter title is something like "Double Dragon Picture". Splash features Usopp.

-Luffy and Momo fly to Onigashima, but the latter is having trouble making the journey due to his fear of heights. Meanwhile, Kaidou and Yamato are still battling. During the fight, the emperor tells his offspring that she can switch names and try to play samurai all she wants, but it cannot be denied that she is the son of Kaidou! She has the blood of the Oni coursing through her veins! Of course, Yamato doesn't care about this. Her father also tells her she's alone with no friends, and reminds her that prior people she had friendly contact with are all dead by now..... such as Ace. Yamato is also reminded of another incident where a subordinate of Kaidou's who treated her kindly was punished for it by getting crucified. As Kaidou continues beating his son, he tells her that, as the child of an Oni, she must dominate the humans, not befriend them! For that is her destiny....!!!

-Back to Momo, he eventually reaches the floating fortress, but doesn't directly reach the roof since he was literally flying with his eyes closed, heh. Instead, he simply crashes right into the castle! As he flies through the other floors, all the people taking part in the other battles are confused by this new arrival! Still, they both eventually reach the roof, and Luffy immediately targets Kaidou as he enters Gear 4's Snake Man mode! At the same time, Yamato (now in human form) launches her own strike as well, resulting in a surprise team attack! While she's overjoyed that Luffy has returned, the reunion has to be put on hold.... as Kaidou (now in full dragon mode) demands to know how the rubber man survived! He also demands to know who the other dragon is, too! Luffy answers that the future Pirate King won't die so easily, and Momo reintroduces himself, as well! Kaidou is surprised by the new Momo, but says that ultimately, the world doesn't need two dragons, as the three heroes face off against the emperor.....!!!!!

-Oh, and it's been confirmed: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-09-09 at 12:20.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-07, 12:16   Link #2
Hoodspirit

Luffy getting out of G4 without issue is a first good improvement.

Kaido back in full zoan form is hopefully shortlived and just for the imagery.

also break next week.

Edit: I remembered thinking the same at the start of the raid.

Last edited by Hoodspirit; 2021-09-08 at 15:06.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-07, 17:01   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A bit surprised Yamato is still in the fight. I thought Luffy would take over for her.

Momo shouldn't be able to do much when it comes to fighting, I expect his task will be to push back Onigashima using his powers.
Old 2021-09-09, 12:25   Link #4
marvelB

Summary updated! Three-on-one handicap match against Kaidou, go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A bit surprised Yamato is still in the fight. I thought Luffy would take over for her.
Personally, I don't find this very surprising, Teamwork has been the most effective strategy against Kaidou all along, so I simply say, why fix what was never broken to begin with?
Old 2021-09-09, 14:55   Link #5
Galaxian

Out of all the reactions to Luffy and Momo flying though, Queen's is the best.

And of course, then there's King's iconic "......"
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 00:20   Link #6
Rainbowman

Now we’ve reached the true climax which includes a battle between two dragons.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 03:18   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

We haven't even reach Act 4 yet. Oh, do we have Act 4 later?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 03:45   Link #8
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I guess there wasn't an "official" end to Act 3 with the curtains and kitsune-biwa player, but I've felt like this has been Act 4 for several chapters now

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 03:47   Link #9
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I don't know why but I have a feeling they probably decided to drop the act motif, I'm most likely wrong though.
Old 2021-09-10, 17:03   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know why so many people except Momonosuke to fight. He would get one hit KO by Kaidou. It's not like getting aged up gave him full mastery of his DF and haki. He's bigger/taller, that's all.
Old 2021-09-11, 11:13   Link #11
itachi-san314

Solid chapter. The Yamato/Oden thing always takes me out of the story though. It makes no sense for Kaido to call Yamato his son if he's denying the Oden thing. I wish that had gotten wrapped up before this fight and Yamato just was herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
And of course, then there's King's iconic "......"
hahaha classic King... I'd like to at least see what his face looks like sometime soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know why so many people except Momonosuke to fight. He would get one hit KO by Kaidou. It's not like getting aged up gave him full mastery of his DF and haki. He's bigger/taller, that's all.
Momo is clearly no match, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least get a good hit in on Kaido at some point.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-11, 13:59   Link #12
marvelB

Yeah, I'm not expecting Momo to be much help combat-wise, either. Not even if he figures out how to switch into hybrid mode. Like Kanon said earlier, his role will most likely involve him preventing Onigashima from crashing into Wano's mainland. I guess it'd be sorta similar to how the sea kings prevented Noah's ark from destroying fish-man island, or something like that.
Old 2021-09-16, 00:10   Link #13
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Solid chapter. The Yamato/Oden thing always takes me out of the story though. It makes no sense for Kaido to call Yamato his son if he's denying the Oden thing. I wish that had gotten wrapped up before this fight and Yamato just was herself.
exactly... i feel like I would like Yamato more as a character if she wasn't calling herself oden every chance she gets... it just gets annoying after awhile
Old 2021-09-16, 13:51   Link #14
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
exactly... i feel like I would like Yamato more as a character if she wasn't calling herself oden every chance she gets... it just gets annoying after awhile
I kind of had the sinking feeling after Yamato removed that Hanya mask that he (Kaido) mostly just went "Eh, whatever" and just rolled with it. On the other hand, from the flashbacks thus far he was spending what had to have been considerable efforts to discourage and demoralize her from ever trusting anyone outside of himself and his crew; make her more inclined to stay and support his efforts.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote