AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-09-18, 17:33   Link #3801
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, guess I can look forward to another round of broken records, people either talking about how they’re being subjected to more “bad” content around my favorite pair, or somewhat happy to see more of them. Certain to be crap arguments all around. I’ll try to control myself but honestly I’m not that good at it.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 18:56   Link #3802
Tenzen12

I wouldn't go as far as calling it my favourite romance , but honestly even with it here I am growing tired with Kaguya x Kurogane. I am happy for them, but it's not exactly entertaining to watch. Like this we at least get something going on.
Old 2021-09-19, 05:02   Link #3803
WingedAccelerator

That's partially the problem.

Kaguya and Miyuki as a couple are so good and advanced so much that there is no doubt that they are the superior couple compared to two people that may not even end up together even if it's likely. It's understandable, they are the main characters, they get the most focus.

Compared to them, the progress of Ishigami and Iino are miniscule, and the main culprit behind it is really the extended Tsubame saga. Even post-Tsubame, it feels one-sided, Iino taking the initiative. Ishigami on his own doesn't really offer that much opportunity for Iino to hang out together privately, I would even argue Iino is not really among his closest friends he likes to hang out with. So the situation is more of a freshman year Miyuki - Ice Kaguya situation, where Iino is Miyuki, and Ishigami is the less cold or harsh version of Ice Kaguya. For something to truly progress, Ishigami has to play seriously with the thought of dating Iino, or has to seriously get impressed by Iino for the attraction to accumulate.

What needs to stop is the back and forth between Iino getting negative feedback from Ishigami, then positive. Cement once and for all the direction because the manga is slowly but surely is going to end.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 07:28   Link #3804
Sixth
Hu Tao

Didn't aware that this thread now forbids people to criticize things or chapters that they disliked. Do I need to get approval from some posters here to express my thought on the spoilers or chapters now or do I need to blindly love the chapters regardless of the quality?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 11:55   Link #3805
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Nothing's "forbidden", but it's getting old. Every single time you guys talk about how "low quality" it is, or claim it's forced or lacking in progress. I respond, and we end up in an endless argument, with you thinking I'm being "defensive" and making excuses while I think you guys are rationalizing and making logical leaps to support yourself. You accuse me of cherry-picking things that I feel support my viewpoint, and I accuse you of deliberately ignoring things you can't make fit yours. We're all strongly biased, and feel that the "other side" is far more biased, and it ends up with pages and pages that achieve nothing except for occasionally making the mods consider a cleanup. It'd ultimately be better to just leave it at "I like this, and you hate it" and stop there. I think we've made it quite clear what we see as good or bad points, what we individually do or don't see, and anytime one of these chapters shows up we just go back over the exact same statements. It's worse than those people who jump into "upcoming" series for no other reason than to say "this has someone going to another world, therefore it's garbage". Before this thread, I never knew how bad ship-to-ship combat could be.
Old 2021-09-19, 15:54   Link #3806
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Didn't aware that this thread now forbids people to criticize things or chapters that they disliked. Do I need to get approval from some posters here to express my thought on the spoilers or chapters now or do I need to blindly love the chapters regardless of the quality?
If you dislike the series, think you're right and everyone else is extreme and you're not interested in what anyone else has to say, then why post in a discussion board?

Clearly nothing here is productive for you. Why not spend your time reading or watching stuff you like instead of coming here to be passive aggressive and offensively framing it as if people are holding your opinions hostage? Have you ever thought that you might be doing the same thing to others as well?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 16:53   Link #3807
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If you dislike the series, think you're right and everyone else is extreme and you're not interested in what anyone else has to say, then why post in a discussion board?

Clearly nothing here is productive for you. Why not spend your time reading or watching stuff you like instead of coming here to be passive aggressive and offensively framing it as if people are holding your opinions hostage? Have you ever thought that you might be doing the same thing to others as well?
Seriously. I've never understood why some folk feel the need to compulsively post the same stuff every day about series they no longer enjoy.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 19:45   Link #3808
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

I am pretty sure I said I like recent Hayasaka and Fujiwara chapter in this thread. Biased too much or selective reading too much?

Didn't know that dislike Iino x Ishigami chapters or have low opinion/ faith on certain development mean you dislike the whole series. Do you know there is more about this series other than Iino x Ishigami chapters here?

Also, heed to your own advice. Why don't you spend or read the post you like instead of policing other people's post that you don't like. Don't act like my posts is holding you a hostage here either.

Last edited by Sixth; 2021-09-19 at 20:39.
Old 2021-09-19, 21:25   Link #3809
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Didn't know that dislike Iino x Ishigami chapters or have low opinion/ faith on certain development mean you dislike the whole series. Do you know there is more about this series other than Iino x Ishigami chapters here?
Then great. My question does not apply and you can move on with your day.

Quote:
Also, heed to your own advice. Why don't you spend or read the post you like instead of policing other people's post that you don't like. Don't act like my posts is holding you a hostage here either.
I don't believe I ever made the case that I'm not allowed to post or respond to what I want. I post being fully aware that some people won't agree and can respond accordingly.

But you?

Quote:
Didn't aware that this thread now forbids people to criticize things or chapters that they disliked.
Suddenly people responding to you with a different opinion is forbidding criticism? I'm not the one who said that.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 00:46   Link #3810
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Then great. My question does not apply and you can move on with your day.
Well, you did say "If you dislike the series," in your post...so...

Quote:
I don't believe I ever made the case that I'm not allowed to post or respond to what I want. I post being fully aware that some people won't agree and can respond accordingly.

But you?
Me? Maybe you should ask the person who talks about "broken records" out of nowhere first.

Quote:
Suddenly people responding to you with a different opinion is forbidding criticism? I'm not the one who said that.
I never it was you that said those. I only said that instead of letting my post affecting you, you could read or watch something you like (hint: your own advice).
Old 2021-09-20, 08:59   Link #3811
BWTraveller
Born to ship

My point was not that anyone doesn't belong here or doesn't deserve to speak. It's just that at this point we've all said what there is to say, many times over, and every time a new chapter on this pair shows up we get a flood of almost the exact same thing; nothing new, just the same points thrown back and forth. As such, rather than "keep your mouths shut", I'm really just hoping this time we can be a bit more brief; maybe just say that we like or dislike it and not once again go on about all the points that we like or dislike, points which we'd discussed ad nauseum just a few weeks ago. Just leave it at some of us like this pace and style, and others don't.

Seriously, there's a big difference between saying "I'm tired of having the exact same argument every time this subject comes up, can we maybe find a way to avoid it" and "hey, if you disagree with me then get out of 'my' thread". I'm part of that broken record, and honestly have doubts that anything I say or do will stop it from coming around again, but that doesn't mean I can't express my exasperation at the repetitions.
Old 2021-09-20, 13:56   Link #3812
WingedAccelerator

Things indeed happened this time around, so it was worth to not completely lose hope.
As for the how or the execution, well...

Spoiler for Chapter 238:
Old 2021-09-20, 15:23   Link #3813
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Things indeed happened this time around, so it was worth to not completely lose hope.

Spoiler for Chapter 238:
That sounds great. And I'm glad you're not dissatisfied with it. And it seems to be dodging the one thing you and I both agreed would be absolute crap: the "Oh I've always been in love with her" line. Definitely looking forward to the translations (don't know where you get this so fast, I have to wait for translations or torrents of the magazine).
Old 2021-09-20, 16:55   Link #3814
WingedAccelerator

Careful with that. The possibility of him liking Iino for a long time + denial is still there.

Two things though: Both Assertive Iino/WaluIino and Gamer Girl Iino lead to nothing when it comes to Iino scoring points directly, which was the purpose of those things. Ishigami destroyed the first with his genuine behavior, while the second got rewarded with a jealous display from Ishigami thanks to Ishigami getting the information from Onodera. Now it's Ishigami again that takes a major step, Iino just sat there and accepted it.

It feels like there are missing chapters after "Who is Iino to me?". That is not addressed for now, but we also didn't see any Iino smiles that Ishigami took notice of, and apparently made him happy. Frankly speaking, him going straight to Iino and asking her to be his partner for the event + the monologue was quite random, if not coming from nowhere. But like I have said, at least something happened this time around.
Old 2021-09-20, 17:06   Link #3815
BWTraveller
Born to ship

That's why I said I was glad you're "not dissatisfied", not that you're satisfied or pleased by it. I'm glad you got SOMETHING out of it, even if it wasn't much.
Old 2021-09-20, 18:34   Link #3816
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This actually sounds like a good chapter.
Old 2021-09-21, 00:24   Link #3817
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

Spoiler for Chapter 238:
Nice. A chapter that featuring Maki should be good. It certainly feels like a decade for me not to see the Maki chapter. Always love to read her "guru guidance".
Old 2021-09-21, 05:19   Link #3818
WingedAccelerator

Maki's obsession with Tsubasa should really expire. I understand the eternal suffering joke, but it's really off-putting after this much time. We know no backstory between the two or it was so irrelevant I forgot, so Tsubasa doesn't even look that special, and even if he breaks up with Kashiwagi, there is absolutely no guarantee he would try dating Maki. So this whole recurring thing is just an excuse for Maki to not get a proper love interest. Ishigami looks like a decent choice for her, and it would be absolutely hilarious if Miyuki has Kaguya and Ishigami has Maki. Unfortunately, this seems unlikely.
Old 2021-09-21, 07:14   Link #3819
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Maki's obsession with Tsubasa should really expire. I understand the eternal suffering joke, but it's really off-putting after this much time. We know no backstory between the two or it was so irrelevant I forgot, so Tsubasa doesn't even look that special, and even if he breaks up with Kashiwagi, there is absolutely no guarantee he would try dating Maki. So this whole recurring thing is just an excuse for Maki to not get a proper love interest. Ishigami looks like a decent choice for her, and it would be absolutely hilarious if Miyuki has Kaguya and Ishigami has Maki. Unfortunately, this seems unlikely.
Yeah, the series kinda lack of decent male candidates so far. The newest additional male cast who is actually competent or perfect is her own brother.

I wonder whether Aka will continue the whole Fujiwara X Mikado thing or it will be a one-time gag chapter with no follow-up.

I do agree with you that there is nothing special about Tsubasa, so I don't know what does Maki saw in him. As for Ishigami, I would rather have Maki be single than trying to hook her up with Ishigami at this point. I think Ishigami is just unworthy for Maki.
Old 2021-09-21, 07:37   Link #3820
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Aka isn't even trying anymore.

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, love triangle, no longer our guy, romcom, school life