AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-10-05, 10:35   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 1028 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time, guys! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Brachiojaurus ("Brachio Snake")". Splash is a color page (which is a parody of Smash Bros., no less! ).

-The chapter begins on an interesting note: The CP0 boss is contacted by none other than.... ROB LUCCI. We learn they've been tasked with two new missions: First, to integrate Wano into the World Government in the unlikely event that Kaidou is defeated, and second, to seize Nico Robin. As far as the former is concerned, some ships are already on their way to the nation. We've also got an update on the warring factions' numbers: 12,000 on Kaidou's side, and 8000 on the samurai side. Meanwhile, less than five minutes remain until Onigashima reaches the Flower Capital! Momo attempts to make his own flame clouds to push back the island while Yamato, in full beast mode, heads to the castle in order to disarm the explosives. She explains that by doing this, they can at least mitigate some of the damage, should Momo's own clouds fail to stop the island's descent.

-We then shift to Sanji vs. Queen! As they continue battling, the cook still feels something is off with his body. Queen, meanwhile, demands that Sanji wear the raid suit, so he can see Germa's tech in action! Soon, the all-star reveals a new trick: He separates his head and tail from his body, and uses the former to crush Sanji's body! After a brief mishap with his own attack (heh), Queen eventually releases Sanji.... whose bones are broken. However, he miraculously recovers instantly from his fatal injuries! After he's healed, Sanji begins to understand that his body has awakened powers similar to his siblings, and dreads the idea of becoming "monsters" like them! As further proof of his metamorphosis, the chapter ends with Queen's sword shattering as it makes contact with Sanji's body....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-10-07 at 11:39.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 12:05   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Zoro gets his bones broken against Kaido and Big Mom, needs some magic medicine to get back in the fight temporarily. Sanji gets his bones broken and... recovers instantly
And now swords break when they hit Sanji! Sanji >>> Zoro confirmed

I'm kidding obviously, but honestly, it's a bit much. I'm curious how Sanji is going to cope with this.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 12:10   Link #3
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Not gonna lie I really hope we don’t get a Robin rescue arc part 2. I’ve had enough detours from the main log route to last me a lifetime.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 12:28   Link #4
Hoodspirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Curious as to why Oda separates Yamato and Momonosuke again.

Sanji getting the exoskeleton was a given, instant bone healing is a new trait of Germa though? Can't remember that being a thing.

Hopefully the CP0 stuff will be a short plotline, never needed an organisition beyond the top secret CP9.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 17:50   Link #5
Tuor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bellevue, WA
Age: 52
I expect CP0 is going to be on the receiving end of a smackdown by Robin. A long-awaited one, too.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 19:21   Link #6
OH&S
Index III was a mistake
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 30
I don't quite understand what Oda is going for here regarding Sanji. I mean the fire being linked to Sanji's emotions and potential link to Lunarians is one thing but him miraculously healing his body after breaking all the bones in his body and potentially getting an exoskeleton?? seems to be at odds with the messaging of the Whole Cake Island arc.

Also, why now? Why would a raid suit even draw out this latent power to begin with? Why would Judge abandon Sanji like this if there was a route to him matching his siblings capabilities using Germa tech this entire time?
__________________
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-06, 07:12   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I don't quite understand what Oda is going for here regarding Sanji. I mean the fire being linked to Sanji's emotions and potential link to Lunarians is one thing but him miraculously healing his body after breaking all the bones in his body and potentially getting an exoskeleton?? seems to be at odds with the messaging of the Whole Cake Island arc.

Also, why now? Why would a raid suit even draw out this latent power to begin with? Why would Judge abandon Sanji like this if there was a route to him matching his siblings capabilities using Germa tech this entire time?
I think it's fairly simple. He wants to keep the monster trio intact and realized Sanji was too weak (his feats in the New World haven't exactly been spectacular) and the only way for him to beat a Yonkou commander was to awaken Germa genes. I think it also sets up an interesting inner conflict for Sanji, but I'm waiting to see how it'll be handled.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 05:52   Link #8
devilo96
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
so sanji is the perfect one not his siblings...cuz sanji still have a emotion and his body soon will become like his siblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I don't quite understand what Oda is going for here regarding Sanji. I mean the fire being linked to Sanji's emotions and potential link to Lunarians is one thing but him miraculously healing his body after breaking all the bones in his body and potentially getting an exoskeleton?? seems to be at odds with the messaging of the Whole Cake Island arc.

Also, why now? Why would a raid suit even draw out this latent power to begin with? Why would Judge abandon Sanji like this if there was a route to him matching his siblings capabilities using Germa tech this entire time?
or judge make a wrong judgment at the early..he think sanji is not a perfect soldier and maybe he didnt know the raid suits is tye key to awake sanji latent power and now im thinking sanji the most perfect soldier if he really become like his siblings i mean he still have a emotion diffrent with his siblings

Last edited by LKK; 2021-10-07 at 07:39. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit or Multi-Quote button instead.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 07:34   Link #9
OH&S
Index III was a mistake
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think it's fairly simple. He wants to keep the monster trio intact and realized Sanji was too weak (his feats in the New World haven't exactly been spectacular) and the only way for him to beat a Yonkou commander was to awaken Germa genes. I think it also sets up an interesting inner conflict for Sanji, but I'm waiting to see how it'll be handled.
Sure. But wasn't the raid suit and potential Lunarian connection (plus emotions) and supposedly superior Observation Haki enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
or judge make a wrong judgment at the early..he think sanji is not a perfect soldier and maybe he didnt know the raid suits is tye key to awake sanji latent power and now im thinking sanji the most perfect soldier if he really become like his siblings i mean he still have a emotion diffrent with his siblings
This is probably the most charitable explanation towards Oda. I don't think Oda needed it to do it like this but I guess we'll see how this plays out.

---

Following on from that, considering the inner turmoil of Sanji not wanting to become a monster, will Chopper play a part in getting him to accept these new powers considering his character arc was in a similar vein?
__________________

Last edited by OH&S; 2021-10-07 at 08:02.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 11:59   Link #10
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Summary updated! So yeah, as far as Sanji goes, I'm pretty much with Kanon on this... Sanji's "awakening" serves the dual purpose of powering him up to elevate him back to his position as one of Luffy's "wings", while still exploring his struggles to distance himself from Germa. Could it have been handled better? I suppose, but at least we've had Judge's Lineage Factor research as a ready-made excuse for a power up for a good while now, so I don't think the current turn of events should come off as being so unexpected....-

And hey, gotta love that color page! Franky as Donkey Kong is fitting enough, but Jinbei as Mario? Wouldn't he be a better fit as a Goomba?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 04:40   Link #11
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
I think it goes to my prediction where Sanji may have to break his limit or his genes were awakened when needed. But, in my view, it could be Sanji's Germa Suit that accelerates or awaken the dormant cells.

Still, Sanji may have no choice but to use it since he needs a new way to defeat Queen.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 10:27   Link #12
henshinagogobaby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Awesome Chapter. Though there are two things that worry me:

- The government wanting to capture Robin. Like others, I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into ANOTHER rescue arc in the middle of the Main Story. Already had that with Sanji in Big Mom's arc and Robin was already rescued from the government in Part 1. Be tiring to go through that AGAIN...

- While Sanji's body "awakening" does seem neat in giving him more power-ups, I hope that ALSO doesn't mean that his empathy is going to start fading away as well and he ends up as "evil" as his brothers. Means that Sanji's mother sacrificing her life would be more tragic since it only delayed the inevitable. Perhaps he'll end up like Reiju; keep all the perks AND empathy. (Better actually since Sanji is not forced to listen to Judge's orders like Reiju)

Maybe an "awakening" can happen in the other Vinsmoke brothers but in reverse: their empathy starts to come back until they are just as "kind" as Sanji, though they would most likely be feeling MASSIVE guilt trips for all the atrocities they committed over the years in Germa and their behavior towards Sanji. They could come back and attempt to make up with Sanji, get some proper brotherly behavior going. Be funny to see all FOUR siblings making heart shape eyes towards Nami and other pretty girls. Or all FOUR ganging up on Zoro and share mutual dislike.

Be neat to see in the future, rather than go through the same tiresome spiel from Sanji: "GERMA SUCKS! NOT MY FAMILY! SHUT UP!"
__________________
If fighting could provide us with the truth, nobody would make any mistakes in their lives. A person's life is not that easy. The truth you must learn from yourself, from how you live your life.

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 18:31   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
I wouldn't worry about Sanji losing his empathy. If anything, like you said, it's his brothers that are going to gain empathy. And I'd say the process has already started.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-08, 19:49   Link #14
Jmariofan7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I don't quite understand what Oda is going for here regarding Sanji. I mean the fire being linked to Sanji's emotions and potential link to Lunarians is one thing but him miraculously healing his body after breaking all the bones in his body and potentially getting an exoskeleton?? seems to be at odds with the messaging of the Whole Cake Island arc.

Also, why now? Why would a raid suit even draw out this latent power to begin with? Why would Judge abandon Sanji like this if there was a route to him matching his siblings capabilities using Germa tech this entire time?

No, the message of Whole Cake Island with Sanji was emotion and empathy, Sanji’s mother Sora took the drug so that her sons could have a normal childhood and not be brainwashed slaves to Judge, unfortunately it only worked on Sanji, it didn’t get rid of his enhancements it just made them dormant, which began to slowly awaken as Sanji got into more battles, the friction in Enies was just a temporary trigger mechanism to push it out until after the timeskip where he can just activate Diable Jambe at will without friction, along with Hell Memories, but it did remove Judge’s programming to obey his orders without question, which was more of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think it's fairly simple. He wants to keep the monster trio intact and realized Sanji was too weak (his feats in the New World haven't exactly been spectacular) and the only way for him to beat a Yonkou commander was to awaken Germa genes. I think it also sets up an interesting inner conflict for Sanji, but I'm waiting to see how it'll be handled.
Or maybe Oda planned for this for quite a while, ever since in the east blue where it never fully explained where he was from, until a brief hint in Jaya where he reveals he was from the North Blue, and even more so in Enies Lobby when he reveals Diable Jambe (the friction just helped to partially awaken or push out the enhancements), and then comes the timeskip where he can just activate Diable Jambe at will WITHOUT friction, not to mention the whole Hell Memories attack.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Sure. But wasn't the raid suit and potential Lunarian connection (plus emotions) and supposedly superior Observation Haki enough?



This is probably the most charitable explanation towards Oda. I don't think Oda needed it to do it like this but I guess we'll see how this plays out.

Did you miss the parts in WCI where it was shown the other Germa siblings had exo-skeletons and could heal damages to themselves (we see Yonji getting a hydrological press to fix his dented face). Don’t doubt Oda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Could it have been handled better? I suppose,
Hey man you don’t have to cave in just because a bunch of contrarians and speed readers said so. It was handled fine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by henshinagogobaby View Post
While Sanji's body "awakening" does seem neat in giving him more power-ups, I hope that ALSO doesn't mean that his empathy is going to start fading away as well and he ends up as "evil" as his brothers. Means that Sanji's mother sacrificing her life would be more tragic since it only delayed the inevitable. Perhaps he'll end up like Reiju; keep all the perks AND empathy. (Better actually since Sanji is not forced to listen to Judge's orders like Reiju)

Maybe an "awakening" can happen in the other Vinsmoke brothers but in reverse: their empathy starts to come back until they are just as "kind" as Sanji, though they would most likely be feeling MASSIVE guilt trips for all the atrocities they committed over the years in Germa and their behavior towards Sanji. They could come back and attempt to make up with Sanji, get some proper brotherly behavior going. Be funny to see all FOUR siblings making heart shape eyes towards Nami and other pretty girls. Or all FOUR ganging up on Zoro and share mutual dislike.

Sanji isn’t going to lose his emotions, only the enhancements remained, not Judge’s programming to obey his orders without question or the repressed emotions.

Last edited by Jmariofan7; 2021-10-08 at 23:40.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 02:45   Link #15
OH&S
Index III was a mistake
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
No, the message of Whole Cake Island with Sanji was emotion and empathy, Sanji’s mother Sora took the drug so that her sons could have a normal childhood and not be brainwashed slaves to Judge, unfortunately it only worked on Sanji, it didn’t get rid of his enhancements it just made them dormant, which began to slowly awaken as Sanji got into more battles, the friction in Enies was just a temporary trigger mechanism to push it out until after the timeskip where he can just activate Diable Jambe at will without friction, along with Hell Memories, but it did remove Judge’s programming to obey his orders without question, which was more of the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Did you miss the parts in WCI where it was shown the other Germa siblings had exo-skeletons and could heal damages to themselves (we see Yonji getting a hydrological press to fix his dented face). Don’t doubt Oda.
Thanks for the unnecessary recap You didn't really engage with anything I said as you were too busy coming across as patronizing so I'll make myself crystal clear.

TL;DR…
Main Contentions
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And lastly, I am making no judgement on whether this is a good or bad development until everything is said done. I like Sanji and really feel that he's been needing a good win throughout the entire New World. But this is a discussion thread; and I'm just asking questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Hey man you don’t have to cave in just because a bunch of contrarians and speed readers said so. It was handled fine.
Actually you're both wrong: nothing's been handled yet until the fight is over. Its way too early to make that judgment call.

And Jmariofan7; stop being so goddamn condescending. We all love One Piece here. You don't have to rush to Oda's defense every time someone has a contrary viewpoint or opinion that's less than boot-licking every chapter.
__________________

Last edited by OH&S; 2021-10-09 at 07:41. Reason: tldr
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 14:16   Link #16
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Another incredible color page!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And hey, gotta love that color page! Franky as Donkey Kong is fitting enough, but Jinbei as Mario? Wouldn't he be a better fit as a Goomba?
It's pretty clear that he's Jario Zoro Link and Robin Morrigan are pretty amazing

The Sanji stuff is interesting. I think it makes sense since he needs to be insanely powerful to stay in the Pirate King Monster Trio.

The most interesting thing to me though was the mention of the Marine ships. If this arc is going to resemble Marineford 2.0 then dollars to donuts Ryokugyu is on one of those ships. At least one admiral anyway
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 18:40   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
It's kind of weird the marines are ready to take over the country if Kaidou falls when Big Mom is there too. They always shit their pants at the thought of facing an Emperor. And wasn't Akainu scared of the samurai?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 19:51   Link #18
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's kind of weird the marines are ready to take over the country if Kaidou falls when Big Mom is there too. They always shit their pants at the thought of facing an Emperor. And wasn't Akainu scared of the samurai?
As Fujitora said, they've got the new Pacifista tech from Vegapunk. That's why they felt comfortable ditching the Warlords too. Whether Luffy beats Kaido this time or not, the SHs won't be able to handle CP0 and this Marine force coming after such a grueling fight so I assume the Revolutionaries will be making an appearance on Wano too. It'll have to be a powerful force like them to counter the Navy
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 07:35   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
As Fujitora said, they've got the new Pacifista tech from Vegapunk. That's why they felt comfortable ditching the Warlords too. Whether Luffy beats Kaido this time or not, the SHs won't be able to handle CP0 and this Marine force coming after such a grueling fight so I assume the Revolutionaries will be making an appearance on Wano too. It'll have to be a powerful force like them to counter the Navy
They not only ditched the Warlords, they're attempting to hunt them down too. That alone should keep quite a bit of their forces occupied. And the revolutionary army probably isn't happy about whatever happened with Sabo. It seems odd to make a move on Wano now of all times. Note that they're only planning on making a move if Kaidou loses, meaning they believe they can't beat him.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-11, 01:32   Link #20
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And hey, gotta love that color page! Franky as Donkey Kong is fitting enough, but Jinbei as Mario? Wouldn't he be a better fit as a Goomba?
From what I can see, Jinbe’s portrayal of Mario reflects that of Lou Albano’s portrayal of Mario so I think it fits him quite nicely. 😎
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.