AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-15, 22:58   Link #21
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

If heroines from other series were as straightforward as Rit there would no many harems left lol
Old 2021-10-16, 01:27   Link #22
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
If heroines from other series were as straightforward as Rit there would no many harems left lol
well or more of it if all girls from other anime were too and ok with it
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-16, 02:06   Link #23
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
They pretty much are though. Ritt is pretty textbook tsundere no matter how you cut it. it's just we didn't get to see years of her tsun and started on here dere phase. Who knows maybe Gid left behind whole harem of thirsty girls too (well it's probably not that kind story, but If he doesn't have harem it has nothing to do with Ritz "honesty" )
Old 2021-10-16, 09:33   Link #24
Frontier

A post-tsundere Main Heroine trying to move on from her Dark History by being as open and honest with her feelings as she can .
Old 2021-10-16, 09:37   Link #25
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I hope they won't do the flashback stuff too much; I'm not interested in who he was then, I'm interested in who he is now, and how he'll live his life. Not that learning about his past efforts is a bad thing, I just hope its not a trend of him reliving his past through prior acquaintance on every episode.

I would usually think a former Hero's companion doing nothing in the countryside would be boring, but then I think of chars such as Belgrieve in Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta(My Daughter Grew Up to "Rank S" Adventurer) and Dariel in Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life and just find it extremely enjoyable that they were once really good at what they used to do and how they apply that knowledge in a simpler, everyday life. Hopefully it'll be the last extensive flashback for a while, now that the heroine has been introduced.

In other regards, we get a glimpse of the Hero after Red split up from them. Kinda ironic they'd get an assassin character, considering the story in this season's Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha. She hasn't shown any of the usual signs of brother withdrawal, however, I get the impression that the other two members(fighter and paladin) feel... less boisterous than in the flashback. Then again, they prob don't have a cook, considering Red did all the cooking, so maybe they mad that they have to eat sucky food now . At the very least, it feels like they have a bit of disdain toward Ares. Wonder if they actually "know" what happened?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-16, 09:51   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
In other regards, we get a glimpse of the Hero after Red split up from them. Kinda ironic they'd get an assassin character, considering the story in this season's Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha. She hasn't shown any of the usual signs of brother withdrawal, however, I get the impression that the other two members(fighter and paladin) feel... less boisterous than in the flashback. Then again, they prob don't have a cook, considering Red did all the cooking, so maybe they mad that they have to eat sucky food now . At the very least, it feels like they have a bit of disdain toward Ares. Wonder if they actually "know" what happened?
At the very least Ares' claims for what happened to Gideon might not hold up water, or at the very least they're not happy he just left without telling anyone but Ares...which is suspicious in and of itself.
Old 2021-10-20, 10:00   Link #27
Frontier

Red, ever the gentleman, lets Rit take his bed...and he gets a gander at her in form-fitting PJ's that also delightfully show off even more of her ample cleavage. The perks of basically shacking up with a cute girl .

Rit's really put thorough thought into this to put her in a position where she's helpful to Red and not a liability that he needs to be concerned about, so she can secure her spot with him in his shop .

Rit couldn't make her feelings any less obvious. She's so happy and cheerful with Red, she grabs his arm and holds it close, she's constantly talking about how much she wants to be with him and wants to be of use with him, casually flirts with him as to whether he wants to be with her forever, and called him a wimp for not going for the double bed. I mean, they're basically shacking up, it couldn't be more clear than that .

I thought this was a wholesome fantasy romance show, but the nature of Blessings makes it seem more complicated. Like the idea that you have this completely randomized Blessing that you need to level up by fighting and killing others, complete with little kids cheerily walking by with weapons in their hands and blood (?) on their faces, seems kind of messed up. And then we saw that a normal kid suddenly becomes super aggressive and starts beating up others just because his Blessing turns him into a bar brawler .

Red's negotiation tactics don't work out as well as he'd hoped, but luckily Rit seems used to economic politics and knows sometimes you have to flex your popularity to go above the person who rejected you, and she helps Rit get approval for his medicine .

Red knows how to cook, the medicine isn't as palatable to people normally...why not make it into cookies that would be more appealing to people? And with Rit as their salesgirl, it's a recipe for success .

Oh wow, Red's so happy he lifts Rit and twirls her around. These two are super adorable together .

We visit the Hero's Party again and...things are not going well. Ares in his smug, condescending, way is nowhere near as good at the kind of stuff Gideo specialized in within the party, and they all think he dropped the ball banishing Gideon. Danan makes it his mission to find Gideon, and Ruti tasks him with it, and it seems like the party are kind of afraid of her .

Also, that elf girl we've seen with the party before? Yaranda? Well, not only is she a looker, but she actually socked Ares in the face when she found out what happened with Gideon and left, assuming he had something to do with it (maybe even to the point of murdering Gideon). I love this girl already .
Old 2021-10-20, 12:33   Link #28
Tenzen12

I would expect in Europesque fantasy they would read from left-to-right, but it seems to other way around.
Old 2021-10-20, 12:48   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I kind of love that the shop owner was cold to Red not (simply) because he favored the cute Rit, but because Red spent 30 minutes haggling over a cheap bed the last time he was there. I can't blame the guy there. I'd be annoyed to see Red again as well. "Oh great, this guy again. Here goes another 30 minutes of my life that I'm not getting back." Also Red...just give in and buy the double bed. It's going to happen eventually. Might as well just get it out of the way now.

Talk about a world geared for battle. The only way to improve your blessing is through battle and violence...Certainly leaves those with more peaceful blessings in a tight spot. All the more so since they've got to commit violence to better live a life where they aren't going to be violent normally.

Episode definitely hit home the issues with blessings. That Ademi kid seemed like a jerk, but part of it undoubtedly was the blessing itself. He probably wouldn't have ended up like a cheap bully if not for that. Of course there's still willpower. But kind of a tough spot when you are given a blessing called "bar brawler" . Some blessings require overcoming the problematic aspects.

In this week's episode of "Ares sucks at everything" we have his handling of negotiations with the sand dwellers. I'm sure they loved talking with a guy clearly looking down on them. Red isn't a god at negotiations either. But I suspect he would have done a heck of a lot better. Ares is kind of amazing. You can't tell if the guy is intentionally sabotaging Ruti's party or if he's just an idiot who is completely too full of himself.

I did like the hero party stuff. Ruti's party is certainly lacking in cohesion and sensible people, but she does have a couple good natured members around. I am glad to see that most did respect Red and understood his value to the party. Seemingly more than the man himself did. I'm sure Ruti is a good person at her core, but she doesn't communicate it very well. Even giving her own party members chills when they interact with her. Which probably does leave her feeling even more isolated now that her brother isn't there. Glad at least one member will be out searching for him.

Although I don't know how they'll handle this. Clearly from the title Red isn't going back to the party. But can he say something or offer some advice to at least help? At least talk to his sister a little?
Old 2021-10-20, 23:49   Link #30
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Things got real dark there for a minute. Since "All living things" are gifted with blessings? Does it include animals? Plants? If so the violence doesn't have to be against other humans . Or is it just just humanoids and demons? Even so the war against demons and monsters is plenty of opportunity to lvl up while avoiding at least violence against your own race/species. Is it cruel that their god wants them all in never ending conflict? He it part of their design to want to level up? One can avoid conflict by not developing the blessing. What is the church's position on people not working on their blessings? Are the infidels?

Also if Ares wasn't planning to assassinate Gideon. Now he'll more likely to do so.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 02:57   Link #31
Random14

Yeah, blessings don't sound quite so great now with more details like this. That scene with the kids is chilling. Although funny that there's actually a literal bar brawler blessing, compared to the normal fantasy classes (mage, warrior, even assassin). Good thing for Al that Red has issues with his own blessing, since that kind of talk would be considered blasphemous in public.

Of course its pretty obvious why Gideon felt like deadweight in the party, but ironically while he gave Al good advice, he still underestimates his own value. It doesn't help that the rest of the Hero's party had very powerful blessings, the problem is that none of them (including Gideon) understood just how much support he gave them until he's gone. And none of the rest are really suited to handling mundane stuff like that. Yay for Ares getting slugged.

Though considering how good Red's current life is, it feels like he got the better end of the deal in leaving the party. He and Rit are so cute together, and Rit's reputation sure helps move things along for his business. Just their flirting is pretty entertaining.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 03:49   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Waitaminute, you have to kill others to level up your blessing? So the setting of this anime is basically Kamen Rider Ryuki but every single person in this world is Kamen Rider who need to kill others?

Considering such situation, this corner of the world that Red & Rit live in looks so peaceful. I wonder what kind of laws that this world has to regulate people & prevent the chaos that's resulted from the killings.
Old 2021-10-21, 10:32   Link #33
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure it doesn't need to be humans (but it's still option) In this very episode Gid mentioned he helped someone level up their blessing after all and It's unlikely he would go on manhunt just for that. It as game where you get skill points from leveling and then you can invest it into cooking or something
Old 2021-10-22, 00:57   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, blessings don't sound quite so great now with more details like this. That scene with the kids is chilling. Although funny that there's actually a literal bar brawler blessing, compared to the normal fantasy classes (mage, warrior, even assassin). Good thing for Al that Red has issues with his own blessing, since that kind of talk would be considered blasphemous in public.

Of course its pretty obvious why Gideon felt like deadweight in the party, but ironically while he gave Al good advice, he still underestimates his own value. It doesn't help that the rest of the Hero's party had very powerful blessings, the problem is that none of them (including Gideon) understood just how much support he gave them until he's gone. And none of the rest are really suited to handling mundane stuff like that. Yay for Ares getting slugged.

Though considering how good Red's current life is, it feels like he got the better end of the deal in leaving the party. He and Rit are so cute together, and Rit's reputation sure helps move things along for his business. Just their flirting is pretty entertaining.
Red has gotten the better end of the split...so long as Ruti's party doesn't completely fall apart. If they don't win and the Demon Lord takes over...that flirting fun is going to end really fast. That location may not be a top strategic priority in war...but it's not going to be ignored when the Demon Lord is putting a stamp on every region on the map. If Ruti can't effectively solo everything including the Demon Lord himself it could go bad in a hurry with how that party is trending.

Hard to say if none of them understood Gideon's value to the party. Just that Ares definitely didn't and Gideon himself didn't. Since neither of them talked to anyone before he left the party their opinions weren't brought into it. I'd say the girl that left the party almost immediately after Gideon was kicked out understood it. Ruti probably always did, but we still haven't gotten much from her yet so that's not 100%. At the very least almost no one thought he was a problem and outside of Ares no one was trying to chase him out.
Old 2021-10-25, 07:00   Link #35
Itlandm
Porcupine

Watched episode 3. This Rit girl is hilariously obvious about what she wants. I'd bet good money she left her pajamas top unbuttoned in the hope that he would get an eyeful. If he doesn't react soon, she may ditch it altogether. And Red / Gideon isn't so shy either, when no one is watching he is whirling her around. But he has the good sense to wait and think a bit. That may come in useful, looks like they may get a visit from one or more of his former teammates. Could the warrior lady become a rival for our lively princess? Who knows. Maybe future flashbacks will tell.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-26, 18:00   Link #36
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The concept of Blessings were certainly interesting, especially the part about it having the potential to shape a person's personality. The darkest angle, which is that killing a person with a Blessing levels up the killer's Blessing, is an antagonistic concept that I'm sure will come to pass in the future.

I did find it weird that martial artist guy cowered in fear to Ruti after speaking like he would take on the Demon Lord by himself if he thought he could reach him faster by himself. I'd assume it'd have to do with the Blessing stealing; maybe the Hero can kill party members like that one manga series. It was just unusual to me, and I'll be looking forward to the reason he acted that way.

Still the notion to go hunt for Gideon seems rather random, if they already knew about it. Did Ruti think they could do just fine without him, but was mistaken? Or is there significance in mentioning the dark aspects of the Blessings and Ruti "suddenly" wanting one of her party members to hunt down her brother inb the same episode D0=?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Hard to say if none of them understood Gideon's value to the party. Just that Ares definitely didn't and Gideon himself didn't. Since neither of them talked to anyone before he left the party their opinions weren't brought into it. I'd say the girl that left the party almost immediately after Gideon was kicked out understood it. Ruti probably always did, but we still haven't gotten much from her yet so that's not 100%. At the very least almost no one thought he was a problem and outside of Ares no one was trying to chase him out.
Same scenario that once again reminds me of Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi no Slow na Second Life. I do love that there's more to a party than just slaying monsters; there's a lot of logistical and even political elements that need to be tended to as well, even though most stories don't explore it. Like the MC in that story, Gideon took care of all of the other mundane things that allowed the others to just focus on what they do best, and its easy to see how much he did that was generally taken for granted now that he's gone.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-27, 09:58   Link #37
Frontier

No better morning for Red than waking up and seeing a beautiful Rit in bed, and he can't help but stare straight at her butt and boobs. It's such a waste for them to be living like a period couple in separate beds, they should either combine them or just jump in their beds together .

That adventure girl with the Hentai protagonist look got more upset about Rit being at the shop than I expected .

Red could've probably had the life of an adventurer or noble, living in luxury, but would that be better than the slow, casual, life with Rit? I don't think so .

I guess Red just can't get away from silver-haired jerks as Albert comes back to verify whether it was Red that slew the Owlbear. It gets to a point where he even attacks Red to instigate him and Red has to feign fear, but the real fear is when Rit shows up, sees Albert attacking Red, and goes in for the kill. She almost stabbed him in the throat before Red stopped her. Nobody messes with Rit's man .

When Red planned to take Rit to a sauna, I don't think he planned on getting into an endurance contest with two other guys, but it was kind of funny watching them try to outdo each other and shooting the breeze while Red just wanted it over with .

Post-sauna Rit in that shirt and shorts .

Time for Red to help a local business with his apothecary skills .

What better reward for Red for saving the day than getting to enjoy the sauna with two towel-clad beauties? Nao is a confident married woman who doesn't give a hoot about seeing other guys naked and it shows how comfortable Rit is with Red that she wants to spend some nice sauna time with him and isn't too embarrassed by their respective state of undress .

So it turns out Rit wanted to drink mead with Red because it's actually a marriage custom where she's from, and she wanted to do it with Red...pretty direct, and I think Red definitely got the message, so it's looking like these two are even more of a for sure lock .

Meanwhile Ruti's party continues to fall apart without Gideon and Ares is blaming everyone else for his own mistake in banishing Gideon. He's getting what he deserves .
Old 2021-10-27, 11:25   Link #38
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Just that Ares definitely didn't and Gideon himself didn't. Since neither of them talked to anyone before he left the party their opinions weren't brought into it. I'd say the girl that left the party almost immediately after Gideon was kicked out understood it. Ruti probably always did, but we still haven't gotten much from her yet so that's not 100%. At the very least almost no one thought he was a problem and outside of Ares no one was trying to chase him out.
Only valid reasons I can think of for Ares kicking Gideon/Red out is either :

1) Jealousy
2) Power play to take over the party
3) Mix of 1 & 2
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-27, 12:26   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I wouldn't say this episode was bad. But it was probably...the least good of the show so far. It was basically just "let's help a small business" and that's about it. Nothing wrong with helping a guy out of course. But outside of numerous sauna joke scenes there isn't much to say about this one.

It was nice seeing Rit lose her head and go full Higurashi (just have her say Usoda and it'd be perfect). Albert didn't step on a landmine. He jumped all over it and just about got killed as a result. Too bad he didn't bring a cheap sword since buying a replacement wouldn't hurt so much .

And Ruti's party remains status quo. Things aren't going well, they are missing Gideon, and Ruti isn't saying much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Only valid reasons I can think of for Ares kicking Gideon/Red out is either :

1) Jealousy
2) Power play to take over the party
3) Mix of 1 & 2
For a while I would have thrown in "traitor working for the demon lord" into the mix since he seems scummy enough for that. And the effect has been pretty devastating on the party. But yeah, I think it's probably option 3 here. With the jealousy being the strongest angle to it.
Old 2021-10-28, 23:13   Link #40
Itlandm
Porcupine

Watched episode 4.

Clearly I underestimated Rit's deviousness. She actually wakes up before Red and strikes those poses to make sure he gets a good view first thing in the morning. It is the best time - the rooster gets up before the man, as we know.

Furniture guy just can't keep his mouth shut, can he?

That B-rank adventurer knew Red had killed a large monster with just a bronze sword, and he was still stupid enough to attack him face to face. Normally that would have been his last mistake, but Red/Gideon has pity on the amateur and lets him get away alive.

Rit tells him about the mead tradition, basically saying that as far as she is concerned, they are already married. He doesn't seem upset, but will this change anything between them?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote