AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 46 35.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 9.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-24, 17:36   Link #161
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
From the beginning of True Tears, I've always been dead certain that it was going to be a Hiromi X Shinchiro ending.
I believe it still hasn't veered off from its due course! Have faith in Noe.. the heroine of this show.

Quote:
Hiromi goes up to Noe and tells her to stay away because she has finally managed to see eye to eye with Shinchiro. This is perhaps the best example of why I dislike Hiromi as a person. She's just plain mean. Why is such a comment warranted? In this respect, she is just like Shinchiro's Mom in the beginning.
Guess when people are aggressive? One answer is when they are afraid of the uncertainty. Hiromi is afraid of the possibility that Shin will not choose to be with her. The comment was warranted from her perspective considering how much she fears of loosing Shin to Noe.

Yes, indeed, Hiromi is just like Shin's mom. I truly haven't found a single character that I could dislike from this show (unless, of course, we are counting the chicken as a character. I have this silly urge to eat it everytime its on screen.)

Quote:
My biggest worry for next episode is if they are going to manage to clear everything up.
It should! Considering the only resolution that needs to be reached by involving Shinchiro is Noe's. Ai merely needs a closure. Nobuse is there to give it. Hiromi was finally able to declare her feelings for Shin's with that kiss in the beach once it became clear Shin and Hiromi aren't siblings. She will get her closure when Shin will come to her. And that to happen, Noe needs to find her tears. Again, Shin should be the one to help her find them. Twenty minutes should be plenty of time to clear up most of the major points (unless you have one more thing in mind like Pelli and me ).

Quote:
First of all, I would just need to ask you people who hate Shinchiro why you would want whoever you're shipping with in this show to be with him. That's quite cruel don't you think? To leave your beloved character with someone who you hate... Perhaps you should say that you're frustrated with some of his actions like others, not actually hate him if that is the case. I can understand if people are frustrated with him as he clearly shows indecisiveness, but I would often wonder if you guys yourselves are very decisive and if you are criticizing Shinchiro because he is being too real of a character. Well that is pretty much all I have to say regarding him.
Hah! The few cookies you see in your profile were handed due to this very insightful portion of your post.
Old 2008-03-24, 18:06   Link #162
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
In regards to the last quoted quote... I personally don't care how bad the couple are together, as long as they're childhood friends I will most probably will ship them together. I just can't help it as it's my absolute moe element, and me trying to explain that would be like me trying to explain why I like RPGs the best. That is, I would ship NaruXKeitaro (early divorce if I've ever seen one ) over any other couple other than MutsuhimeXKeitaro, just on the strength of the two being friends in childhood. Thankfully, that's the only example I can think of looking down my Big List of Shows Where Osana-Najimi Appeared (TM), as usually is the case the vast majority of the time, the childhood friend IS the one most suited for the protagonist IMO.

Also, shipping is not the act of liking a character the best, but the act of rooting (or just wanting to happen) for a certain couple to be together. For example, 'I ship KotomiXTomoya in Clannad' makes sense. 'I ship Kotomi in Clannad' does not. While at least one (if not both) of the characters are usually the favourites of a person and thus is the most common reason why a particular person ships they way they do, there are times when that isn't the case. An example would be me, as I like Youhei and Kyou the best in Clannad, but my only ship there is KotomiXTomoya. So yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean that if you ship a certain way, that you actually like the characters in question the best (or even if at all).

In regards to Shinichiro's indecisiveness, I neither like it nor dislike it, nor do I think it should be detrimental to the judgement of a character if he/she ever was one. I'm not even frustrated by it, nor do I think I ever was in any show. It's a fact of most anime romances, and the exceptions are rare to be seen. As such, I've learned to live with it since I would be very frequently dealing with it. My only beef with it (as small as it is) is that it's overused and as such leads to many unoriginal characters, but if originality was so commonplace, nothing would be original at all lol. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy
Well unfortunately, childhood friend always loses in harem series =(.
Don't let me get started again.

Actually, maybe I will, since this will be short. First off, definition of harem greatly varies from person to person (if the Clannad debate is of any indication), so let's take a third party database that actually lists harem as a genre in order to avoid arguements on that end. First one that comes to mind is anidb.net, but I'm willing to use another database as I don't think the results will change.
Spoiler for big big spoilers for the shows listed:

9/12 (15/22 if you use the general list), or 75% (68%), which is close to the total average of 70% from 2000-2007 and as such within statistical error. So yeah, harem shows are nothing special when it comes to usual childhood friends win rate... it's just that particular show with THAT yandere has forever tainted the archetype with the illusion that they usually lose, as their few losses are so much more spectacular than the flashiness of their wins combined in any genre.

Not that anything of the above has to do with the win chance of Hiromi right now...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2008-03-24 at 18:53.
Old 2008-03-24, 18:15   Link #163
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hope nothing happens to her . Stupid hiromi. I hate her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I used to like Shin a lot but now I hate him . He really needs to learn to focus on one girl .
He never said , he loves Hiromi or anything. He just said i will do everything properly. So basically Hiromi had loved him for a long time but he never answered those feelings. He left her hanging. Well one can blame hiromi too. She was always cold and wasnt direct. In a way Shin wouldnt be able to realize it.

So doing properly would mean he would think everything over and decide who he loves. I mean He really didnt ditch Noe eaither. Noe was the one that suddenly left by herself. And Hiromi was the one that assumed ( forced) herself on him by kissing him. Shin has yet done anything wrong. He turned down Aie, and was confused of who he wants to be and thought it over.

I dont think any one here should be hated, But if any one was to be hated would be Hiromi. She forced herself on him and said some selfish things without considering Shin's, Aie and Noe's feelings.

This is a complete diffrent case than Mikoto in school days guys. Shin has not yet made a decision. Its not like He is swapping girls like Mikoto. So you cant really blame the poor guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I believe it still hasn't veered off from its due course! Have faith in Noe.. the heroine of this show.

Guess when people are aggressive? One answer is when they are afraid of the uncertainty. Hiromi is afraid of the possibility that Shin will not choose to be with her. The comment was warranted from her perspective considering how much she fears of loosing Shin to Noe.

Yes, indeed, Hiromi is just like Shin's mom.

That sums it up perfectly as how and why Hiromi acting the way she is .

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
(unless you have one more thing in mind like Pelli and me ).
What would that be *_*?

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-03-24 at 18:30.
Old 2008-03-24, 19:00   Link #164
vio5555

@ Reckoner

I think this might have been covered; it's not that anyone really hates Shin.

It's that the benefit of the doubt that a lot of people had given to him for claiming that he would do things properly has evaporated over the past few episodes.

I don't think the viewers should have to wait for Noe to start making desperate moves for Shin to finally be forced into action. He states that he's going to be proactive and it never materializes; instead he's forced into action because Noe starts doing crazy things, i.e. with Jibeta in ep 11 and at the end of ep 12...

That's really the main complaint; they set it up for Shin to resolve everything peacefully, and he's being forced to act rather than doing it of his own will in some sense (not to mention that he's missing clues being dropped all over the place in 11-12).

I think as viewers it is a part of our duty to determine how well the characters are acting within certain bounds like the expectations that they set for themselves.

It's not really hate; it's disappointment that it really had to reach the peaks of melodrama before Shin stopped taking things for granted.

To be fair, I would in fact NOT be disappointed if he had not made the preposterous claim that he would be proactive.
Old 2008-03-24, 19:05   Link #165
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
instead he's forced into action because Noe starts doing crazy things, i.e. with Jibeta in ep 11 and at the end of ep 12...
Just thought I'd point out that Noe climbing the tree didn't force Shin to find her - whatever his "decision" is, he made it during his dance and went out to find her himself. So he wasn't exactly forced to act in this case.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2008-03-24, 19:05   Link #166
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Don't let me get started again.
Yes, please don't start it again. Or you can make a topic about it in the general anime section
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
He never said , he loves Hiromi or anything. He just said i will do everything properly. So basically Hiromi had loved him for a long time but he never answered those feelings. He left her hanging. Well one can blame hiromi too. She was always cold and wasnt direct. In a way Shin wouldnt be able to realize it.

So doing properly would mean he would think everything over and decide who he loves. I mean He really didnt ditch Noe eaither. Noe was the one that suddenly left by herself. And Hiromi was the one that assumed ( forced) herself on him by kissing him. Shin has yet done anything wrong. He turned down Aie, and was confused of who he wants to be and thought it over.

I dont think any one here should be hated, But if any one was to be hated would be Hiromi. She forced herself on him and said some selfish things without considering Shin's, Aie and Noe's feelings.

This is a complete diffrent case than Mikoto in school days guys. Shin has not yet made a decision. Its not like He is swapping girls like Mikoto. So you cant really blame the poor guy.
Sorry...but doing it proper for me means that he will not fck up again. And guess what? He fcked up.

He knows full well that Hiromi love him. And himself in a sense knows that he loves her. If that wasn't the case then why did he break his back chasing her on that crappy bike on an icy road?

The fact is that he loves her but then suffers from amnesia and now believes that he wants sexy time with Noe

Seriously, what he is doing now isn't proper at all. You said that he never told Hiromi that he loves her...but dammit does their action need to be justified with words already? Now why did Shin accept the kiss from Hiromi? Why didn't he question her motive for kissing him...I'm sure he is a good enough boy to say so.

And I say that thinking about it makes me relation him to makoto more and more.

Makoto never decided, oh no. He only screwed them. He never told kotonoha to break up (so by you logic it would be the same with Shin and Hiromi (and yes, I do believe that their feelings for each other are already mutual). Shin said nothing, he just left for Noe).

Funny how Hiromi is also breaking down...

"Don't leave me" ehh

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-24, 19:15   Link #167
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Just thought I'd point out that Noe climbing the tree didn't force Shin to find her - whatever his "decision" is, he made it during his dance and went out to find her himself. So he wasn't exactly forced to act in this case.
Yeah, I was refering to the incident at the end of 11/beginning of 12, which forced him to realize that he wasn't really doing anything proactive and hurting everyone involved (the one involving Jibeta, I mentioned it in that statement).

The Noe climbing the tree incident followed from there which is why I included it after as another example of a desperate action.

I figured the above was obvious enough to not include specific chronology in my post.
Old 2008-03-24, 19:48   Link #168
Weisheit

i was just wondering, after 13 is out, how many people are going to directly skip to the last 5 minutes of the show, find out what's there, and then start over again

cuz i'm gonna do that, this whole suspense thing is killing me now
Old 2008-03-24, 19:57   Link #169
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisheit View Post
i was just wondering, after 13 is out, how many people are going to directly skip to the last 5 minutes of the show, find out what's there, and then start over again

cuz i'm gonna do that, this whole suspense thing is killing me now
Yeah, and we'll get to see how many people rate the last episode with 1's or 10's just because of the ending for their girl...
Old 2008-03-24, 20:17   Link #170
Theowne
耳をすませば

I will predict....many. I usually wait a few pages before posting in these threads anyways, seems like the first few pages are always people screaming about whether their preferred relationship is favored or not. This will probably be compounded when it's the last episode.

Old 2008-03-24, 20:24   Link #171
Oppius
Banned

Incest!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-24, 20:28   Link #172
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Incest!!!

Spoiler:
erm....yeah that was said in the first page
Old 2008-03-24, 20:29   Link #173
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Incest!!!

Spoiler:
Not much of a surprise, we've been expecting such a thing since episode 4 or 5. Right..?

Old 2008-03-24, 20:46   Link #174
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Well that explains why she reacted that way, but I still feel bad that Noe was on the receiving end of that. Hiromi only contributed to her eventual jump at the end. But, it's not that I dislike the character, but rather the person. I don't even know how to explain it The character is well constructed and portrayed, but I still think she is acts mean to others, especially Shinchiro at the beginning of this series. But I can forgive her since she's in emotional turmoil after all...

Quote:
(unless, of course, we are counting the chicken as a character. I have this silly urge to eat it everytime its on screen.)
poor chicken =(

Quote:
It should!
I'll take your word for it!

Quote:
(unless you have one more thing in mind like Pelli and me ).
What may that be?

Quote:
Also, shipping is not the act of liking a character the best, but the act of rooting (or just wanting to happen) for a certain couple to be together
That seems quite silly to me lol. Ok, but I would at least THINK that people supporting a couple usually like the characters in question.

Quote:
In regards to Shinichiro's indecisiveness, I neither like it nor dislike it, nor do I think it should be detrimental to the judgement of a character if he/she ever was one. I'm not even frustrated by it, nor do I think I ever was in any show. It's a fact of most anime romances, and the exceptions are rare to be seen. As such, I've learned to live with it since I would be very frequently dealing with it. My only beef with it (as small as it is) is that it's overused and as such leads to many unoriginal characters, but if originality was so commonplace, nothing would be original at all lol. XD
Well Shinchiro has always seemed better than the average indecisive male lead because we actually get to look into his own thoughts throughout the show whereas in other shows like Shakugan no Shana, the male lead doesn't even have a logical reason for not going completely one way or into the other. Shinchiro seems to be a victim of the hate stereotype out there in shows because there are just so many indecisive males...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
@ Reckoner

I think this might have been covered; it's not that anyone really hates Shin.
<snip>
It's not really hate; it's disappointment that it really had to reach the peaks of melodrama before Shin stopped taking things for granted.

To be fair, I would in fact NOT be disappointed if he had not made the preposterous claim that he would be proactive.
Ok, understood. But as viewers we should always understand their situations as if you were in them. I wouldn't go up to Hiromi saying "Yo I realized I like this girl now, so tough, see ya." This is a close person to you obviously who you don't want to hurt and it would be very hard to actually go through with this.

Also, people often never react to anything until it hits them in the face. An extreme example is the bombing of Pearl Harbor in WWII, a more relative one is not paying attention to your lover until you find he/she is cheating on you.
Old 2008-03-24, 21:06   Link #175
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If this incest action suddenly surprised you than you really shouldn't be calling things average when you can't even pick up something that's been obvious since Jun put the helmet on Noe and longingly wanted to caress her face. Everything he did since than was all for Noe, we didn't need Hiromi's words in episode 11 to figure that out, it was obvious.
His incestuous feelings at the start of the anime never really got out of hand. I'm surprised at how quickly things came to a head.

Quote:
The series knows where it's going, it's the majority of the fan base who don't. I'm probably one of the top Hiromi and Shin shippers on AS but even to someone as biased as me I knew after 10 it would go back to Noe before a true resolution was reached.
The fact that the series started out Hiromi-centric, then moved to Noe with a dash of Aiko, then back to Hiromi, and now back to Noe on the next-to-last episode means either the writers aren't very good, or the writers don't know where they want to go. Plot twists for the sake of drama can only go so far.

Quote:
She's talking in the next episode preview.
Just because she's talking, doesn't mean she's not suffering from a mortal injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And why are you so shocked about this?

None of the characters in this series have been the emotionally strong type. And it was a matter of time til Jun brokedown and revealed the truth. I was in the group who called for him being incestrious towards Noe. Ever since the helmet scene we knew that he wasn't just a big brother towards Noe, and pretty much saw him walking down that line. Don't know about koi kaze but I can see who the next makoto wannabe is
Hiromi for the first half was pretty frigid. She only became a softy after the end of episode 10. Jun's been a cold, calculating person ever since his deal with Shin. Do you really think someone who's emotionally strong can strike a deal like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Because it doesn't make any sense. How crazy Shin felt for Hiromi to being able to "obtain her" and then going off to Noe. He could have at least shown some consideration but the dam closet resolution didn't kick in for Hiromi at all. "I will do everything proper" my butt

I don't think they are allowing the fanbase to do anything, but rather going into a messy plot with no land on either side.

(M;Y wasn't a cop out for me but lets not go there ).
Again, the writers don't know what they're doing, or they're destroying the plot for the sake of drama. I actually think the chance for each pairing is about 50/50 now. I might head over to the speculation thread later...which for this anime is somewhat like a lottery thread.

Quote:
I have to disagree with you on most of this. Jun's actions have been 100% consistent throughout the show. He has only cared for Noe; every single action Jun has undertaken can be tied to Noe's well-being (yes, including helping Hiromi for show at the basketball game "for the good of the contract"). Jun's affection for Noe was never really masked as much as you might have not been paying attention to the hints or something. It was clear from a mile away that Jun felt nothing for Hiromi and possibly something more for Noe from early on, which is nowhere near as sudden a twist as you indicate.
If he didn't feel anything for Hiromi, and all his actions have all been a part of the play he put on for the sake of Shin, then his breakdown in this episode would be even more out of place. For the record, I think Jun does care about Hiromi, just maybe not as much as he does for Noe, or just not in that way.

Quote:
You seem to be judging True Tears as "average" based on a conjecture about the last episode that we haven't seen yet. For all we know, episode 13 might end up making Shin at least almost as consistent as Jun, so I have no idea why you're using a hypothetical basis for that kind of conjecture. If episode 13 ends up with his feelings in a different place from episode 10, then you are correct, but that is nowhere near the given that you seem to be taking it as..., and even if it does, the show has done a good job of creating the situation that whatever pops up in 13 will not seem like a farfetched twist.
Yes, but the problem is, whichever pairing the show ends up with will be "inconsistent" in some sense. Harem shows have a tendency to have the protagonist decide who he'll spend the rest of his life with in the last episode; hence, True Tears being "average". If Shin ends up with Noe, then all the rhetoric about Hiromi's tears, the first ~7 episodes, and their romp in the snow and the kiss would have all been for nothing. If Shin ends up with Hiromi, then his profession of his love for Noe in the snow, several of the beginning episodes, and the last two episodes would have been for naught.

Of course, I'll pass final judgement on the series after the last episode. Who knows? Maybe the writers will come up with something to astound us. But somehow, I doubt that.

Quote:
As I said before around episode 10 on here, there has been no new plot introduction since that episode. We already knew that the Raigomaru/Jibeta story would converge with the dance that Shin was preparing for in the final act. The only plot line that was inconclusive was Shin's mother; pretty much every viewer is unhappy with how that one went. There was no real basis given and no satisfactory conclusion to that plot line, but other than that single plot line, I think most of the story has been dealt with well and given solid resolution.

Shin's feelings for Noe/Hiromi are going to be resolved in 13, so obviously that's inconclusive as of episode 12..., and how much more resolution do you want for Ai? Ai's plot has been thoroughly dealt with, there's nothing left to do on that front considering she reconciled with Nobuse and "moved on" from Shin as best as she could.
The changed ending for the storybook in this episode renders the ending for the last episode to be useless. The "mother storyline" was the basis for Hiromi's frigidness for the first ~7-9 episodes, and was left with no solid conclusion. If that's not a sign of shoddy writing, I don't know what is.

My problem with Ai-chan's character is that her feelings came out of nowhere (this doesn't really have anything to do with this episode, but more with the entire series as a whole). So she was childhood friends with Shin (I think) and he's always regarded her as a big sister of sorts (I think). Does that give us grounds to believe that she'll somehow fall in love with Shin for no other apparent reason? It's almost as if her character was thrown in to make this a harem show instead of just a love-triangle show. Her character would have been better used as a sounding board for Shin's problems, instead of as a failed subplot and an object of AixShin shippers.

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
Old 2008-03-24, 21:44   Link #176
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Sigh well I knew Shin was going to annoy me to the point where i want to slug him and he did it in this episode. Honestly i shouldn't be as upset as i am because the story is still progressing the way it should there were no real changes in this episode except that Shin realized something while dancing which i predicted. His speech about doing everything properly was all for not, since he royally screwed up this time. I understand that the guy wants Noe to see the book i understand that he has things he needs to tell her. But its painfully obvious that Hiromi loves him and yes he loves her too for all the shipping that has been going on for Noe that fact has remained constant since episode 1 it has not changed. He left Hiromi saying "dont leave me" thats a bad move that could lead to only more misunderstandings. As frustrated as i am with Shin i think he is honestly trying the best he can and i cant say i could do any better in his place. I have hope in the end he will show us what his truth worth is.

Hiromi put made some bold statements this time around but to me it shows her maturing. For her to actually voice what she wants was a step forward. "I am Shins girlfriend", "leave us alone", "iv always loved him and im sure he loves me". These are all statements i have been waiting to see from either her or Shin. Shins indecisiveness is a real problem and if he wants to be a man he needs to own up to shit grow a pair clearly and vocally make a choice. Now the one sandle with Hiromi is foreshadow due to the importance of when it happened when they little. Everything they have shown has been in Hiromis favour so if it ends with Noe i will pissed not because it ended with Noe but because of the story doesnt support it.

Both girls play an important role in Shins life. Noe was the one gave Shin ambition and motivation to write his book. In a way you could say she is like a guardian angel guiding him in the right direction. But love is different and there has never been any proof that he loves Noe. Hiromis roll is that of Love and the lessons he is learning from his relationship with Hiromi is HOW to love and how to hold on to something dear to you not to mention honesty. Two very important life lessons. But this is love story not a guidance counselor after school special so the end should not shock most people who have actually been following the story.

Noe has lost her place and the fact that she tried to fly shows that something is ticking in her something is changing. I only hope shes not hurt too bad. Noe is also learning some life lessons from everyone and she realized that she was so caught up in search for Tears that she neglected to see what was in Shins and Hiromis heart even her own brother it must have been quite a shock. Well its almost over im sure of what ending we will get but there is no point in voicing it at the moment.

btw i thought the festival dance was really well done actually it was down right cool and i enjoyed the pleasant tone and friendly smile Shins mom gave to Hiromi. That gives me hope for the future.
Old 2008-03-24, 21:58   Link #177
vio5555

@Reckoner

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think people were just not happy that the writers tried to make him seem different from other harem leads with that proclamation of "doing things right" with 1/4 of the series left but then didn't really follow up with it. I don't particularly mind in any case since I'm not really rooting for any girl, and I think episode 13 will deliver fantastically whatever it's going to deliver.

@be0wulf

We're going to disagree about Jun's feelings for Noe and the possibility of him having feelings for Hiromi, simply because the scenes with Jun and Hiromi can be read either as him just honoring the contract or him actually maybe thinking of her more than that.

I do think you're wrong though particularly because of how cold he was before Hiromi delivered her speech in episode 11. He put his hand on his cheek and mentioned the contract; right there was where I pretty much realized he had never really felt anything more for Hiromi than maybe some kind of companionship in the abstract sense of her having the same struggle (towards Shin) as he does towards Noe. Either way, him going for Noe's lips was perfectly natural at this point in the story considering how his character has been developed with an obsession towards Noe's happiness...

On the second point, I suppose I agree with you in that Shin'll have been inconsistent in some sense if he goes for Noe, since he's totally ditching the resolve he built in ep 9-10 to do something for Hiromi, but at worst he'll have waited far too long to do things properly if he ends up with Hiromi, so I think the writers do have an out in that sense. It's easily let off as Shin waffling for a little bit early on when he confesses to Noe as part of the contract but getting his resolve by episode 10 and not really acting on it while trying to get Noe's tears in the final 2-3 episodes. Either way, I think a Hiromi ending is consistent to his feelings for Hiromi throughout other than his confession to Noe when he actually seemed interested in Noe at that point. The final two episodes in that explanation would feature him making sure that Noe isn't totally destroyed by him flying away from her...

Honestly though, I don't really care what the pairing is as long as the last episode delivers a satisfactory end for where this has all gone.

On the last two points I generally agree that Ai could have been used in a better manner; personally I thought that Ai would not attempt to stir the waters and just serve to explain Hiromi's or Noe's actions... as she first did in her explanation of why girls befriend friends of guys they like. I honestly thought that was going to be Ai's purpose, but then of course she jumps into the fray with her kiss, and I do chalk that up as a lost opportunity as you do.

The lack of explanation of Shin's mom versus Hiromi's mom and the unsatisfactory resolution remains the weakest part of the story, so I have nothing to add to that.

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-24 at 22:09.
Old 2008-03-24, 22:22   Link #178
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
So you're thinking the slipper thing is going to result in a literally identical recreation of their childhood memory? I'm not sure that situation would be likely, given what's happened.
not exactly, it would serve to remind them how long they knew each other and he'll finally tell her how he feels about her.
Old 2008-03-24, 22:37   Link #179
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
He never said , he loves Hiromi or anything.
Spoiler for this picture says otherwise. episode 7, 8:25:
Old 2008-03-24, 23:08   Link #180
b0nyb0y

Wow, so many long comments...

There's one thing that I have a different view from some of you though, and that's about Shin's decisiveness. By the end of this episode, during the dance, I think Shin finally got his feelings resolved. By that, I mean he now knows what actions needed to do (for Noe and for Hiromi) so that he'll actually live up to his promise: to do things properly. It's just that they (the story writers) just don't reveal it to us yet. So, just because you feel unsure about what he'll do next doesn't automatically make Shin himself feeling the same.

I think the main thing that keeps this series from being 100% realistic is how little characters talk about what they intended to do or how they really feel until the final moment of their corresponding plot arcs. Oftentimes what's said only gave a slight hint (and rather ambiguous at that) of what action the character will take next. Yes, from screenwriting point of view, it makes sense to build suspense and save the revelation for later episodes, but damn, it's so irritating. To me, if the characters have been a little more communicative, and sending less mixed signal in their behaviors, then it wouldn't really stir up so much irritations in audiences as can be seen now in this thread. For example, by the end of this episode, if Shin just want to break up with Noe and go for Hiromi, realistically he should have reassured her before running off to Noe. Likewise, if he chooses to be with Noe, he can make Hiromi knows of his intention by saying just a couple of short sentences before taking off. Doing either of those would take only a few seconds, so he wouldn't really waste any time if he did so. Yet all he did was a little blushing, stayed quiet and said "I need to go now." Yes, from what we've seen so far, we always know who he really loves, so there's no question about that. But still...
Closed Thread