AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 09:07   Link #3301
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It mostly just builds up the sense of suffering of Yuki for later.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:33   Link #3302
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ I think I understand now why Haruhi fans have wanted the story to continue.
While the anime covers a story of how a normal boy and a quirky girl interact with the universe at the risk of going topsy-turvy on a whim, it somewhat feels too open with Haruhi and Kyon's relationship improving even for a bit during Someday in the Rain.

I think I should watch Disappearance pronto.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 17:21   Link #3303
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

Who was dreaming about a new season of Haruhi...

Quote:
Kyoto Animation has amazed many with the announcement painfully few expected – a new iteration of top cockatiel anime Tamako Market is in the works.
Also confirmed Chu2Koi in january 2014

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-09-14 at 18:10. Reason: mod edit: removed link to NSFW site
GardenAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 18:12   Link #3304
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenAll View Post
Who was dreaming about a new season of Haruhi...
It's not up to Kyoto Animation to decide if a new Haruhi season is going to be made, so there's no point in pointing out every time yet another season goes by and they don't announce more Haruhi. If Kadokawa saw it fit to promote the franchise more, they would do so, but there seems little point while the novels are still indefinitely stalled.
Old 2013-09-15, 14:44   Link #3305
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not up to Kyoto Animation to decide if a new Haruhi season is going to be made, so there's no point in pointing out every time yet another season goes by and they don't announce more Haruhi. If Kadokawa saw it fit to promote the franchise more, they would do so, but there seems little point while the novels are still indefinitely stalled.
I know, it's all Tanigawa fault, I only was trying to say that the 10th Haruhi aniversary will end without any animation... end of manga, no news about the LN, it's a sad aniversary for fans...
GardenAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 22:08   Link #3306
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

^Simply because Tanigawa is taking too long to write them. Laziness is just too strong a word, but it quite defines it. Perhaps he lost interest in writing but I doubt that since he just released Random Numbers.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 07:56   Link #3307
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
^Simply because Tanigawa is taking too long to write them. Laziness is just too strong a word, but it quite defines it. Perhaps he lost interest in writing but I doubt that since he just released Random Numbers.
Either writer's block or he doesn't care about that franchise at this point.
Old 2013-10-23, 22:37   Link #3308
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Or he probably supported this 'Anti-Haruhi' novel...
Old 2014-09-18, 11:53   Link #3309
imakename4jus1commen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
Is there anyone who understood this series completely
What does it mean to understand something? Does that mean that it 'makes sense'? And how can something that is not concluded (and in this day and age no art is) make sense?

I can take a stab at what it means... to me. I go on anime binges and then long dry-spells, so I didn't watch Haruhi when it came out. I think I saw it in 2008 and then watched the rest as they were released. Wasn't as impressed with Season 2, but I liked the movie.

Basically, I think a lot of school-based anime centers around school life for exceptional people. I think a lot of the anime audience believes they are (and probably are, mostly) above-average to exceptional. I see all of these characters as gifted kid archetypes.

Haruhi, who basically had an existential depression in 5th grade, occasionally would act out in an attempt to find enjoyment in life, but for the most part she was repressed. That is why despite her 'ability' what she always wants to do seems to be childish. It's like now that she has companions, she wants to relive from that point.

Then, you can look at the non-Kyon characters as ones who excel in one field but have variously glaring weaknesses as well.

I would say Yuki is like an autistic mathwiz. Koizumi is more of science (although you can argue for math/science since they are both closely tied.) Mikuru has two exceptional traits. One being her beauty and the other, I would say is history-related (again, there is science to it, but to fit my all-school-subjects theme, time travel is history.)

Kyon is the most exceptional, even beyond Haruhi, to me, because he is philosophical. He looks at things like a writer, so I assign him to "Language" and he manages to be in a group of exceptionals despite having no outward talent.

So, we have then all of these people and Haruhi. Basically, she wants to be unique and she is (irony.) She feels very bored and that nothing is happening despite the fact that everyone is working furiously behind the scenes to make sure everything comes out perfectly. And, of course, everyone seems to have plans for Haruhi, too, if they could ever manage it, except Kyon who is obviously in love with her.

I think it is mainly the interaction of everyone and the unreliable parts. It is true Haruhi is special, but is she what they think? What is the driving force? I think it could just as easily be Kyon that is controlling everything with his mind. Mikuru acts stupidly and weak, but I don't think she is.

There is a lot going on that isn't really expressed. I don't think this anime is extremely deep, but there is enough to keep you busy. I like it a lot because I can understand the point of view of every character because I have parts of all of them (as most people who have allowed themselves to develop should.)

Also, Kyon seems to be the only one with empathy in the whole show. And Haruhi could verywell be bipolar. Many speculations. Everyone wants to say, "She's a tsundere and God, etc." But I think if you look deeper and are interested in undertones, you will see there is a lot of stuff you can wonder, "Is that true?"
imakename4jus1commen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 16:32   Link #3310
Idealist 99

I was wondering , Mikuru is a Time Traveler So shouldn't she know whom Haruhi marries in future ?
Old 2015-06-06, 19:48   Link #3311
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Always in motion is the future".

Also Mikuru is mostly clueless. At least her younger version. Her older version, well....
Old 2015-06-08, 01:18   Link #3312
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I was wondering , Mikuru is a Time Traveler So shouldn't she know whom Haruhi marries in future ?
Kinsoku jikou desu...
Old 2015-06-08, 10:24   Link #3313
Draco Spirit

She might know, but she can't act or even hint because of regulations.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 15:04   Link #3314
Idealist 99

I just realize Haruhi & Kyon's relationship is loosely based upon Sharlock Homes & Waston.
Haruhi process Sharlock's thrust for adventure and his insensitivity toward others.
While Kyon process Waston's common sense and consideration for others.
However , Haruhi doesn't process Sharlocks' detection ability But Kyon process it.
To be more precise , Haruhi is just so hyper active that she doesn't notice the hint.
Old 2016-06-17, 10:29   Link #3315
Sacredus

So it's already 10 years since goddess was animated...
https://twitter.com/k_shoten_anime/s...39639450230785
Quote:
「涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱」放送開始10周年を記念して、第1期シリーズ一気見極上音響上映会『涼宮ハルヒの獄音 』の開催が決定いたしました!詳細はこちらをご確認ください。http://www.haruhi.tv/fanclub/
Quote:
Originally Posted by google translate
To celebrate the "The Melancholy" broadcast start 10 anniversary, held in the superb acoustic screening event saw the first phase series gulp "Gokuon of Haruhi" was decided! Please check here for more details. http://www.haruhi.tv/fanclub/
So they decided to run series marathon in some cinemas or something to celebrate this?
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 21:43   Link #3316
Jack
The Most Villainous Name

So, what's the appeal, here? I've skimmed some summaries of this series, and I'm aware it's incredibly popular, but I still can't get a grasp on what kind of story this is or what sort of audience it's for.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 23:43   Link #3317
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongame View Post
So, what's the appeal, here? I've skimmed some summaries of this series, and I'm aware it's incredibly popular, but I still can't get a grasp on what kind of story this is or what sort of audience it's for.
It defies genres. As for why it's popular? Dialogue, world building, and a fine cast of characters led by arguably the greatest Deadpan Snarker protagonist of all time. Seriously. And he also happens to be the narrator. For the anime, you can add in moe, if that's your thing.

Just read the first novel or watch the first 4 episodes of the series. That will tell you whether you'll like it.
Old 2016-08-03, 10:43   Link #3318
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Nothing new, but Funimation is going to release The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato on blu-ray.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 21:13   Link #3319
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm going for the original series and not the complete set since the other show sucked.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 19:00   Link #3320
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Haruhi Suzumiya commercial aired.

Guess we'll see how this plays out
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen