AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-24, 17:19   Link #1861
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Thankfully enough, no. The Sharingan can not copy genetics...yet. Give it a few years and I am sure Kishimoto will come up with some way for the Sharingan to copy genetics.

Here is the bloodline copying scenario, you have to place a drop of blood on the fully formed Sharingan, and then it will be able to analyze the properties of the blood and instantly turn the host body into a vessel that can use the blood's bloodline...I just scared myself with how feasible that sounds due to the current storylines.
LOL!!!

And then they have to go to the Himalayas where they must take yellow snow wipe it on your eyes and you will be able to make any genetic mutation stronger
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:22   Link #1862
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I would rather copy techniques, movements etc....have a spinny eye that can put people under hypnosis and make illusions seem real and have super-special-awesome speed
Generally, that's only if the person fighting the Sharingan user doesn't already know about the powers/advantages of the Sharingan. However, if they have ways to counter it, the advantage is lost. For instance, Zabuza's Mist technique. Kakashi couldn't see through it with his Sharingan, but I bet a Byakugan user could. Then again, there also might be too much chakra in the air even for a Byakugan user to see through.

Also, just having Sharingan doesn't give you incredible speed. That requires training. Just as Lee said to Sasuke when they fought, just because his eyes could keep up, doesn't mean his body could. If they had fought back then, Lee would have completely wiped the floor with Sasuke. That is, despite the Sharingan, Sasuke was still considerably weaker and slower than Lee at the time. Sharingan's power is largely influenced by the skill and strength of the user.
Spoiler for more reasonings, manga:

And I would still shoose Byakugan over Sharingan. The ability to see far away and through objects would make for perfect reconaissance, and near-360 degree vision would be helpful in battle, as well. After all, if I can't see them, then they would probably be in my blind spot. Using such a reasoning, it would be very hard to escape my sight.

@sarikat: No. Sharingan cannot copy Bloodline Limit (Kekkei Genkai) traits. Kakashi said this himself in episode 55, and in the manga as well. There is no doubt of this whatsoever. The Sharingan can copy movements and chakra impulses, but as james3wk stated, it cannot copy genetics. This goes for both Mangekyou and normal Sharingan.

Edit: Actually, if it were possible, I would want Byakugan in one eye, Sharingan in the other. Now THAT would be cool.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:29   Link #1863
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Thankfully enough, no. The Sharingan can not copy genetics...yet. Give it a few years and I am sure Kishimoto will come up with some way for the Sharingan to copy genetics.

Here is the bloodline copying scenario, you have to place a drop of blood on the fully formed Sharingan, and then it will be able to analyze the properties of the blood and instantly turn the host body into a vessel that can use the blood's bloodline...I just scared myself with how feasible that sounds due to the current storylines.
Right...and Professor Xavier still is the most powerfull NaruX-men.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:43   Link #1864
james0246

The main reason I would never choose the Sharingan is because I enjoy learning. Not to say that a Sharingan user does not have to train to develop their powers, but the Sharingan makes everything too easy, to the point were I could imagine that many things become boring. Learning new things and learning from mistakes makes for an interesting life, but having a tool that learns everything for me seems like overkill.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:48   Link #1865
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
But there's always something to learn to matter what level of intelligence the Sharingan gives you...

you'd just be learning on a higher level then everyone else, like how to actually use elemental justu in real life
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:59   Link #1866
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
you'd just be learning on a higher level then everyone else, like how to actually use elemental justu in real life
What's that mean? Other ninja can use elemental jutsu too. In fact, you kind of have to in order to even become a jounin (though Might Guy may be a special case).
Old 2008-04-24, 18:11   Link #1867
tatami
back in black

Quote:
The main reason I would never choose the Sharingan is because I enjoy learning. Not to say that a Sharingan user does not have to train to develop their powers, but the Sharingan makes everything too easy, to the point were I could imagine that many things become boring. Learning new things and learning from mistakes makes for an interesting life, but having a tool that learns everything for me seems like overkill.
and yet sharingan doesnt give you that if your body cant keep up you can not perform what you learned/copied...

so he does have to train his body and mind in order to use the power...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:20   Link #1868
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
and yet sharingan doesnt give you that if your body cant keep up you can not perform what you learned/copied...

so he does have to train his body and mind in order to use the power...
I was talking more about how I would use the ability in the Real World (i.e. day to day life). This thread has quite a few comments about using the Sharingan for homework, so that is what I was somewhat addressing/commenting on.

If we are strictly talking of the Naruto-verse then I fully acknowledge the Sharingan as superior etc., but in the real world it is overkill.

Additionally, a fully-formed Sharingan (all three tomoe) with at least a Chuunin level chakra pool, seems to be able to perfrom the majority of the jutsus in the world. Give them a Jounin level chakra reserve with mild body conditioning and they could perform all jutsus (non-summoning or complex tai-) in the world. That is kind of why Orochimaru wanted them.

To put it another way, Sasuke only had to train for 2-3 weeks to gain Lee's speed. That implies right there that training or just learning in general is so simplistic and easy that any half-way intelligent person (with no true goal) would grow insane from boredom eventually (or at least I would ). Agsin, I am not saying that the Sharingan is bad, it is simply not something I would personally desire.
Old 2008-04-24, 19:27   Link #1869
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

But I would like to have the byakugan because I could give someone I hate a pat on the back and attacks their organs whilst I'm at it and if I spin around like an idiot and MAKE people give me my space also it gives me ultimate peeping skills and I use my fingers to hurt people on the inside. But even the byakugan makes things easier to learn as you can see how the chakra flows so all you need is to know the hands seals and copy the flow of chakra exactly as you saw it. But even if the sharingan makes things easier to know you could just turn it off and you still have to train
Old 2008-04-24, 22:28   Link #1870
Khalilnaruske
Itachi and Pein Fanboy

Sharingan. I'll take Genjutsu, potential upgrade(Mangekyo), another potential upgrade(EMS) and being able to control Kyuubi any day. Who needs a 360 degree field of vision when you have Susanoo?

If I could, I would have the Byaringan.
Old 2008-04-25, 05:32   Link #1871
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

the Mangekyuo-ByaShaRinnegan...the ultimate doujutsu

Seriously, you wouldn't last lol

It's Showtime

Last edited by sasuke2007; 2008-04-25 at 07:28.
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 13:04   Link #1872
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Speci ~ I was talking about real life not the Narutoverse.

The Sharingan doesn't really help you in terms of intelligence, you might have that impresion because all the genius's in the series happen to have a Sharingan, but really it would only help you in sport and such when it comes to everyday life. I just prefer it because it's more subtle then Byakugan and using it wouldn't be so obvious. Oh I would so use it to own people in everything.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 13:07   Link #1873
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:

The Sharingan doesn't really help you in terms of intelligence, you might have that impresion because all the genius's in the series happen to have a Sharingan, but really it would only help you in sport and such when it comes to everyday life. I just prefer it because it's more subtle then Byakugan and using it wouldn't be so obvious. Oh I would so use it to own people in everything.
Watch the world cup and pwn everyone at football, watch wimbledon and pwn everyone at tennis, watch the Lakers or Bulls and pwn everyone in Basketball, watch Tiger Woods and pwn everyone in golf
Old 2008-04-25, 13:31   Link #1874
james0246

LOL, we just turned the Sharingan into the Muscle Memory power from the second season of Heroes (you know the young black girl who only needed to see soemthing for her body to record how it was done).
Old 2008-04-25, 13:42   Link #1875
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, ok. Oops. My bad.
Old 2008-04-25, 21:30   Link #1876
skurai

Quote:
not really. Cause u can most of the jutsu with sharingan but I am sure the hard ones like rasengan,etc cannot be learned just by looking at them. Same with zabuza mist things and naruto' wind rasengan or those elemental jutsu things.

Spoiler for manga:
skurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:32   Link #1877
james0246

LOL, skuri, I was only talking about in real life, much the same as kakashi-san. In the ninja world, Sharingan owns all, but in the real world it is a waste and, for me at least, lead to constant boredom (I would probably go insane from learning too fast ).
Old 2008-04-25, 21:42   Link #1878
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The Sharingan doesn't make you smarter though, it can't explain to you how to solve a mathematical problem just by looking at it. Well except if said problem has chakra that is.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:44   Link #1879
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The Sharingan doesn't make you smarter though, it can't explain to you how to solve a mathematical problem just by looking at it. Well except if said problem has chakra that is.
Or unless another person is writing the problem at the same time (I refer to the chuunin exams).
Old 2008-04-25, 21:53   Link #1880
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Monkey see, monkey do.
Sasuke didn't understand the problem, he just copied the handwriting of someone who knew the answers.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote