AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-24, 17:03   Link #461
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By a post in this thread.
I never seen it. Thankfully a mod must have deleted it.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:59   Link #462
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Spoiler for Ep06:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 22:16   Link #463
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Blog post about another wonderful episode:

Spoiler for 6:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 23:09   Link #464
Simon
気持ち悪い

Spoiler for Episode 6:
I'll un-tag this since it's not spoilerific on its own:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Needs another season at least. If I start stuffing money into my CD-ROM tray, will the studio get it faster?
Well there's a merchandise list here, which is the next best thing. They haven't linked to BDs 4-6 yet but Amazon does have them listed - if you pre-order all six in one go you'll only get hit once for the base shipping charge, which slightly reduces the pain (for delivery to my part of the world, they ended up averaging ¥5320 / US$65 each).
Old 2011-02-25, 06:40   Link #465
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I can't even remember anymore if that scene was even in the manga or if it was an original, but watching them run around screaming in the horror booth and generally having a hell of a time warmed my soul and put a smile on my face like nothing I've seen in the last year, with the exception of Tamayura. In contrast, the entire buildup to the play and even the play itself was a tense display of raw emotion and desire to do it as best as they can.

As it is, the entire episode (and the corresponding manga arc) stood on Mako's shoulders the entire time, and he carried it with stride and dignity befitting of Juliet. This was his episode and practically no one else'.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 06:47   Link #466
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I can't even remember anymore if that scene was even in the manga or if it was an original
It was in the manga.

Quote:
As it is, the entire episode (and the corresponding manga arc) stood on Mako's shoulders the entire time, and he carried it with stride and dignity befitting of Juliet. This was his episode and practically no one else'.
I'd 100% disagree by saying Chii stole the episode. Sorry Mako-chan.
Old 2011-02-25, 06:50   Link #467
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't know you anymore!
Old 2011-02-25, 06:55   Link #468
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't know you anymore!
I enjoyed the Mako-chan stage scene in the manga, though here not so much. The episode just had better material for me, what with Yuki, the haunted house scene, Chii and then Anna wearing that adorable hat.

:3
Old 2011-02-26, 04:07   Link #469
Simon
気持ち悪い

ANN review of episodes 1-6

As reviews go I thought it was fair and balanced. It treats the show on its own merits, covers pretty much all the positives and negatives that people have raised in this thread, and wraps things up nicely:

Quote:
Wandering Son trusts us to be able to follow it. It has no unnecessary explanations or introductions; it just dumps us in the midst of its characters' lives and trusts that we'll find our bearings. [...] But put in the effort and you'll find that the rewards are great. True art's rewards always are.
Old 2011-02-26, 09:07   Link #470
garbage

well been lurking here for a while, nice series, been watching since i find it so refreshingly different from all the other anime's currently showing, fun in its own way. also liked the haunted house sequence culminating in chi's run in with maiko and co.^^ like Anna more than Maiko & maho. like Takatsuki very much ( maybe because i had a friend very much like her.who i had a crush on,when i was a freshman )... mm maybe that's why i watch the show ahaha

Spoiler for yuki:

anyway one question, their teacher was leaving the haunted house/room with a girl student in tow. is he doing something on the side???
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 09:10   Link #471
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Act I, Scene I, Take II

Mako-chan is, of course, the star of the episode and the star of the play. Majority of the time we see him playing second fiddle to the rest of the cast and being Nitorin’s wingman (or wing-girl, depending on how you see him). This time however he gets thrust into the spotlight, and we get to see how someone who shares a lot of things in common with Nitorin could also be so different. Unlike Nitorin, who is comfortable looking like a girl in front of the general public, Mako has no confidence to do something like that. We’ve seen previously how much he compliments Nitorin for looking mighty fine in drag, and at the same time now how he tells himself he can never be Juliet. It’s safe to say that while he too has feelings of wanting to be a girl, he has no confidence in actually carrying it out, and likely believes that his own body isn’t exactly suited to look like a girl’s. He compliments Nitorin’s pretty boy good looks that could easily pass off as a girl.

Now thrust into the stage playing the part of the story’s beautiful leading female, his little confidence almost breaks apart if not for the support of his friends who cheer him on to do his best. A cliched approach to be sure, but hey what are friends for? They were there to push him on to have confidence to play the part he had, in his own dreams, wanted to play: the part of the beautiful girl. If he couldn’t do it now, if he couldn’t muster the confidence to do now that which he’s always wanted to do, then he may not be able to do it at all when the real time comes for him to choose what he wants to become. With that he apologizes to the crew and the audience, takes a deep breath, and plays his own personal Juliet.
Old 2011-02-26, 09:10   Link #472
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I loved this episode so much I had to make a signiture out of it...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 09:24   Link #473
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Dammit man I was in the middle of making that exact same scene for myself!
Old 2011-02-26, 16:40   Link #474
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm pretty sure Yuki's post-op, and therefore not a trap.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 16:41   Link #475
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I'm pretty sure Yuki's post-op, and therefore not a trap.
Yep he is. I was joking about the trap part.
Old 2011-02-26, 18:44   Link #476
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

*shrug* I honestly don't remember whether I was spoiled about Yuki before I saw the show or not, but I thought it was obvious that she was MTF trans. The first time we see her, she brings Yoshino a boy's uniform and talks about meeting Nitorin and Yoshino for the first time. Then she says, "If only I had a friend who understood me like that when I was younger." That was the dead giveaway, at least for me.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 22:22   Link #477
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Didn't Yuki's "If only I had a friend who understood me when I was younger" line a tip for most of you people? I'm surprised the anime didn't mention this. In the manga they stated it after her second appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yep he is. I was joking about the trap part.
Then why do you call her a "he"? She's obviously a girl.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-02-27 at 06:11. Reason: manga spoilers are forbidden in anime only threads
Ryuugu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 22:40   Link #478
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
Yes - and, in fact, even if she hadn't had any surgery yet, she would still be "she." The pronouns follow the gender that's being presented.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 22:43   Link #479
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Yes - and, in fact, even if she hadn't had any surgery yet, she would still be "she." The pronouns follow the gender that's being presented.
She was just crossdressing here for.. I have no idea why she was crossdressing honestly. I guess she wanted to look formal.

But she's still a girl, even when dressed like a boy. Just like Nitori in a way
Old 2011-02-27, 05:26   Link #480
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
I don't see it in the Hourou Musuko handbook telling me which gender i have to address Yuki by. I'm just making it easy for the anime thread, even though Yuki is a female in my heart ever since his first introduction in the manga.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2011-02-27 at 05:50.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, genderbender, noitamina, school life, seinen