AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-13, 01:32   Link #221
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Watch, I'm going to go for Tsukasa so hard that she's going to go "wow who are you?! you aren't Manaka!!" ^_^
Why did you quote me when it was sOnJoOL who said that?
Old 2004-11-13, 01:40   Link #222
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
Why did you quote me when it was sOnJoOL who said that?
Because your name is easier to type...I hate inter-capped screennames.

Yah, I usually don't use the "quote to reply"...I just copy/paste people's posts and manually do the quoting, so boo-boos such as this happens.
Old 2004-11-13, 09:08   Link #223
philupthetank86

Send a message via AIM to philupthetank86 Send a message via MSN to philupthetank86 Send a message via Yahoo to philupthetank86
Sigh,

they might have already address this in the thread, but im too lazy to search for it.

doesnt any one here think it would be great if ichigo 100% was made into an anime?
Old 2004-11-13, 09:27   Link #224
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by philupthetank86
Sigh,

they might have already address this in the thread, but im too lazy to search for it.

doesnt any one here think it would be great if ichigo 100% was made into an anime?
i thought there was a ova coming next year
Old 2004-11-13, 17:18   Link #225
Sokar

Quote:
Because your name is easier to type...I hate inter-capped screennames. Yah, I usually don't use the "quote to reply"...I just copy/paste people's posts and manually do the quoting, so boo-boos such as this happens.
You did it again Should have quoted Roots, not sOnJoOL.
Back on topic: There is an ova coming.
Does anyone feel that the manga would be better if it didn't shift between the female characters so fast? I wish each character would be focused on a bit longer, right now it's hard to get attached to a particular character, because they all come and go. I'm at 88 right now. I liked the earlier chapters better, where there weren't so many girls yet.
Old 2004-11-13, 17:26   Link #226
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh
You did it again Should have quoted Roots, not sOnJoOL.
Wasn't it obvious I did it on purpose the second time around? ^_^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
Back on topic: There is an ova coming.
Does anyone feel that the manga would be better if it didn't shift between the female characters so fast? I wish each character would be focused on a bit longer, right now it's hard to get attached to a particular character, because they all come and go. I'm at 88 right now. I liked the earlier chapters better, where there weren't so many girls yet.
The problem is that each girl has a large fanbase. Later on in the series you get around 2~3 chapters at a time for Tsukasa, Kozue, and Aya, so it's slightly better...but it's mainly a good thing if you're a Tsukasa fan like I am!
Old 2004-11-13, 17:26   Link #227
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
I feel the same way. Lately Ichigo doesn't have the same charm on me that it did in the mid-range chapters.
Old 2004-11-13, 17:29   Link #228
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I feel the same way. Lately Ichigo doesn't have the same charm on me that it did in the mid-range chapters.
Didn't we just have the date with Kozue, trip with Tsukasa, and now the incident with Aya? I'm fairly sure none of them were just one chapter...
Old 2004-11-16, 05:03   Link #229
huh

can anyone give a summary of chapter 132 thx
Old 2004-11-16, 17:23   Link #230
Cornel

Too many repeat plots are started and end with differently but I was only interested in the first time the group made the movie.
I agree to some point that the earily chapters are better than the latest I have seen. Kitaooji ruined a part of the manga when she heard Manaka confess his love to Aya or Tsukasa and she didn't give up trying to get him. I don't even know why she likes him.
Old 2004-12-04, 04:21   Link #231
wererat42

Something tells me that when this is all over, it will be revealed that the story in the manga was a movie the Manaka created about his life in high school. Does anyone else notice how often he seems to be narrating things.

After reading all the way up to the latest release, I think that Manaka is better together with Tsukasa than Aya. I mean, what do they have to share apart from her novel? After their breakup Manaka and Tsukasa have have a lot more experiences together, and have gotten closer than anyone else.

I think that some of the repeating plot devices, such as "Manaka visiting Tsukasa's house while parents are away" are simply tests to see if Manaka is prepared for a commitment, as well as the other girls and the situations they put him in.

If I'm the 100th person to say something like this, do I get some sort of prize?
Old 2004-12-04, 08:40   Link #232
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wererat42
Something tells me that when this is all over, it will be revealed that the story in the manga was a movie the Manaka created about his life in high school. Does anyone else notice how often he seems to be narrating things.
That must be one hell of a dragged-on movie, then!

Hmm, the narration style is used in many other series as well (if you're read Tenjou Tenge...it's abused), so I don't think there's much to it.

Quote:
After reading all the way up to the latest release, I think that Manaka is better together with Tsukasa than Aya. I mean, what do they have to share apart from her novel? After their breakup Manaka and Tsukasa have have a lot more experiences together, and have gotten closer than anyone else.
You deserve a cookie.
Old 2004-12-04, 23:14   Link #233
wererat42

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh
can anyone give a summary of chapter 132 thx
Nani!?? I thought that we only had up to chapter 91.
Old 2004-12-04, 23:39   Link #234
huh

Quote:
Nani!?? I thought that we only had up to chapter 91.
no need already,i am reading the chinese scanlation and it is around 135 already
Old 2004-12-04, 23:46   Link #235
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh
no need already,i am reading the chinese scanlation and it is around 135 already
Are you reading 枫叶动漫's version as well?

Spoiler for Major chapter 135 spoiler:
Old 2004-12-05, 03:02   Link #236
wererat42

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh
Oh... right. Chinese scanlation. Should've known.

Why are English translations so slow? C'MON, C'MON!!!
Old 2004-12-05, 03:56   Link #237
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Oh... right. Chinese scanlation. Should've known.

Why are English translations so slow? C'MON, C'MON!!!
Well, the problem isn't the pace of the translations anymore (they're releasing one or two chapters per week these days), it's that they've got a ways to catch up now. Can't just skip all the in-between chapters you know! I don't think the English can ever catch up with the Chinese at this point.
Old 2004-12-05, 04:08   Link #238
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I don't think the English can ever catch up with the Chinese at this point.
Even professional English translators cannot catch up with the Chinese translation. Most of the licensed English manga are at least one year behind their Japanese or Chinese version. It's great to understand Chinese you know

sarc, is the link to the Chinese version posted here? And is it in simplified Chinese (judging by the group name you've posted)? If yes then no thanks since I couldn't even read that group's name...
Old 2004-12-05, 05:18   Link #239
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
Even professional English translators cannot catch up with the Chinese translation. Most of the licensed English manga are at least one year behind their Japanese or Chinese version. It's great to understand Chinese you know
The thing is that the Chinese scanslators usually don't have to start from scratch even if they start to pick up a project since Chinese publications usually already released a few volumes by then (and no, most Chinese scanslators don't give a damn if something is licensed), so basically they release as soon as the raw for the newest chapter is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
sarc, is the link to the Chinese version posted here? And is it in simplified Chinese (judging by the group name you've posted)? If yes then no thanks since I couldn't even read that group's name...
Yah, that group uses Simplified, but I don't think it's THAT bad. I was born in Taiwan and only knew Traditional Chinese, but eventually I've become familiar with Simplified ever since I came to the US.

Just in case anyone else wants to know, their forum is here...though I have trouble finding where they post their past chapters; I can only find the most recent release, so I'm guessing they delete the old ones? The alternative is getting the older chapters here, though this site uses whatever version they can find so the scanslation group is inconsistent.

My all-time favorite version for Ichigo 100% is Aya vs Tsukasa's (Traditional Chinese and excellent quality), but their group left off at chapter 125 and just restarted again with chapter 135 (they will eventually do the missing chapters...but that won't be for a while).
Old 2004-12-05, 05:50   Link #240
huh

Quote:
Are you reading 枫叶动漫's version as well?

Spoiler for Major chapter 135 spoiler:
i don know lei,i get it from those website one.

[sopiler]yup,i agree with u,it is going "i am just acting,and wat if it is true route".unless the author suddenly go crazy,i don't see aya suddenly declaring war on tsukasa/{spoiler]
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen