AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-09-10, 11:11   Link #22461
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
What a fun Nichijou chapter as always...

Ah, the 1st official visual appearance of the ponytail guard...'tis glorious.
It's even more beautiful than i thought it would be, i love shizuku
Old 2018-09-10, 11:42   Link #22462
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlik View Post
What is that actually? I have not read till that part, is she using her hair to block the incoming damage (physical, psychological etc.) or what?
Shizuku's Ponytail Guard is a parody of Remilia's Charisma Guard meme from Touhou, which was itself inspired by the crouching guard move she had in the fighting games.

In one of the bonus side stories from LN volume 6 where the hero party was trying to cheer up Kouki, Shizuku wrapped her ponytail around her eyes to imitate the censor bar you see put on people being interviewed to hide their identity. Following the predictable failure, she crouched down in embarrassment like that and wrapped her arms around her knees.

In the extra chapter of LN volume 8, she uses ponytail guard again to hide from the embarrassment of what Shea had said about her in the interview. One sentence ambiguously mentions that it might be a Yaegashi style technique for enduring shame.

Incidentally, Shea has also used Charisma Guard in drama CD 2 after being thoroughly terrified by Kaori and Hannya-san. The author seems to be quite fond of the meme.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 15:32   Link #22463
dimlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Shizuku's Ponytail Guard is a parody of Remilia's Charisma Guard meme from Touhou, which was itself inspired by the crouching guard move she had in the fighting games.

In one of the bonus side stories from LN volume 6 where the hero party was trying to cheer up Kouki, Shizuku wrapped her ponytail around her eyes to imitate the censor bar you see put on people being interviewed to hide their identity. Following the predictable failure, she crouched down in embarrassment like that and wrapped her arms around her knees.

In the extra chapter of LN volume 8, she uses ponytail guard again to hide from the embarrassment of what Shea had said about her in the interview. One sentence ambiguously mentions that it might be a Yaegashi style technique for enduring shame.

Incidentally, Shea has also used Charisma Guard in drama CD 2 after being thoroughly terrified by Kaori and Hannya-san. The author seems to be quite fond of the meme.
Wow, very thoughtful of you, thanks and good night
dimlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 07:34   Link #22464
borisdrakoni

Interesting new chapter. Looks like the threat facing humanity in this world is also coming from Heaven. Luckily the celestials sent to destroy the Balted kingdom aren't as strong as apostles, or Shea would be in for a rough time. I almost feel bad for the new characters being introduced, since even if their world gets saved the guys will probably all end up getting smashed and turned into women by Hajime when he comes to pick Shea up.
Old 2018-09-15, 09:05   Link #22465
dimlik

Quote:
Interesting new chapter. Looks like the threat facing humanity in this world is also coming from Heaven. Luckily the celestials sent to destroy the Balted kingdom aren't as strong as apostles, or Shea would be in for a rough time. I almost feel bad for the new characters being introduced, since even if their world gets saved the guys will probably all end up getting smashed and turned into women by Hajime when he comes to pick Shea up.
Well... Rest in peace for them then, I will put flowers on their graves

Last edited by dimlik; 2018-09-15 at 13:07.
Old 2018-09-17, 09:56   Link #22466
Windsgrace

Especially the guy (knight) who interprets things at his own convenience.
Old 2018-09-17, 09:57   Link #22467
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Especially the guy (knight) who interprets things at his own convenience.
another Kouki, eh?
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 15:24   Link #22468
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
another Kouki, eh?
Yep. His interactions are less (so we hear it less) but Shia even states it. lol
Well at least he has the resolve to kill and isn't all about justice but he is still pretty bad.
Remember that scene (in the main series) where Kouki say's to Shia, I will free you from hajime? (Right after his ass was saved from the demon woman, after they(hero party) comes to the surface) He gives off that vibe.
Old 2018-09-18, 15:17   Link #22469
Morilinde

So I just read the latest manga chapter. and is it just me or does Hajime sometimes look like Tasha from Witch hunter? Or am I just imagining things? And why did the chapter not end with the frigging handgrenade???
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-18, 19:48   Link #22470
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
So I just read the latest manga chapter. and is it just me or does Hajime sometimes look like Tasha from Witch hunter? Or am I just imagining things? And why did the chapter not end with the frigging handgrenade???
white hair, black coat, dual guns user, they are certainly resemble each other
and maybe the next chapter
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2018-09-21, 03:27   Link #22471
dimlik

Guys, there was an image of Yue with cat ears and tail, could someone tell me where have I seen those? Can't find or remember...
Old 2018-09-21, 09:48   Link #22472
borisdrakoni

^Could it be fan art? The animal ears short story came out way back with volume 2, and I don't recall there being any official illustrations of Yue in cat cosplay. Between the novels and the manga she's been shown in battle armor, bunny girl, Santa, school girl, swimsuit, waitress, wedding dress, and wolf girl outfits, but I don't think we've ever been shown cat girl.
Old 2018-09-21, 15:42   Link #22473
dimlik

Quote:
^Could it be fan art? The animal ears short story came out way back with volume 2, and I don't recall there being any official illustrations of Yue in cat cosplay. Between the novels and the manga she's been shown in battle armor, bunny girl, Santa, school girl, swimsuit, waitress, wedding dress, and wolf girl outfits, but I don't think we've ever been shown cat girl.
Yeah, found it eventually, was in ch. 5 or ch. 6 of comedy manga, she has cat ears and large cat paws, halloween theme Thanks nevertheless=)
Old 2018-09-21, 16:58   Link #22474
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Speaking of Nichijou, this is one of my favorite panels so far

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anti-Kaori walls & crotch guard?
Old 2018-09-22, 10:23   Link #22475
borisdrakoni

^It's even funnier that Kaori is coming out from under the bed. Her stalking level has gotten pretty high.

Well, this week's chapter was mostly more world building and exposition. Shea as the lead character is showing a lot more depth compared with the regrettable rabbit we were first introduced to. It's interesting to see her actions and thoughts when she has to make all the decisions without being able to rely on Hajime and Yue.
Old 2018-09-22, 20:34   Link #22476
trowapeter

Having finished the novel and the stories(they went back to earth and live happily ) after the final battle . I would give 9/10 for this series. Looking forward to more after stories .

Spoiler for After story spoiler:
trowapeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 10:38   Link #22477
Algester

I also like the part where Lily is thirsty for work... Imagine is she was like this for a meager 2 hours od not doing any work what about her NEET phase
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 12:29   Link #22478
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowapeter View Post
Having finished the novel and the stories(they went back to earth and live happily ) after the final battle . I would give 9/10 for this series. Looking forward to more after stories .

Spoiler for After story spoiler:
8 children which mothers or each wife have one child
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 19:55   Link #22479
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post

I also like the part where Lily is thirsty for work... Imagine is she was like this for a meager 2 hours od not doing any work what about her NEET phase
manga and anime can do miracles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
8 children which mothers or each wife have one child
that has yet to be specified, we only know that none of them is Lily's
Old 2018-09-24, 01:02   Link #22480
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
manga and anime can do miracles

that has yet to be specified, we only know that none of them is Lily's
or is Myuu counted in the 7 for that matter...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel