AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 06:08   Link #61
aers
*Fansubber

Too early to tell? They did say "completely original" though.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 06:13   Link #62
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Oh god, my wish might actually come true!
Old 2013-03-24, 06:19   Link #63
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

And what wish might that be? :3
Old 2013-03-24, 06:44   Link #64
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Movie 3rd being the story of Nanoha's fall and rehabilitation! XD
Old 2013-03-24, 06:55   Link #65
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If the "completely original" line stands true, it's not going to be based off of any supplemental material, either.
Old 2013-03-24, 07:07   Link #66
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, that throws most of the debates of this thread in the bin. Finally! Original material!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 07:56   Link #67
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Wait, The MOVIE 3rd Reflections? From the name it self. It sounds a recap of the previous Nanoha movies. I hope I am wrong.
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 08:02   Link #68
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It's already confirmed to be anime original. I could very well see it be between A's and StrikerS and someone from StrikerS timeline is narrating the events, or something. That could be where "reflections" comes from.
Old 2013-03-24, 08:08   Link #69
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So I guess it's gonna be an anime original story for the 3rd Movie. Problem is, will it be canon for the TV series, or the film version.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 08:08   Link #70
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Then the narrator.... Must be Stern.
Old 2013-03-24, 08:23   Link #71
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
So I guess it's gonna be an anime original story for the 3rd Movie. Problem is, will it be canon for the TV series, or the film version.
I think they're more or less finished with the series, Lol. If it were Canon for the series they would probably confuse a lot of the movie watchers.
Old 2013-03-24, 08:54   Link #72
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Anime/manga are one continuity, and the movies are another. We also have light novel and movie 1st manga timelines. So, technically 4 timelines. 5 if you count the original Triangle Hearts universe. "Canon" is whatever timeline you are using. The anime/manga one might be the most canon, since it has the most information and was technically first (outside of Triangle Hearts). Oh, and there is the video game timeline as well, that split off from A's. So, we are up to... 6 timelines?

But the movies are their own timelines, and thus have their own separate canon.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:08   Link #73
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
Wait, The MOVIE 3rd Reflections? From the name it self. It sounds a recap of the previous Nanoha movies. I hope I am wrong.
That'd be stupid. You don't spend movie budget just to recap previous movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Anime/manga are one continuity, and the movies are another. We also have light novel and movie 1st manga timelines. So, technically 4 timelines. 5 if you count the original Triangle Hearts universe. "Canon" is whatever timeline you are using. The anime/manga one might be the most canon, since it has the most information and was technically first (outside of Triangle Hearts). Oh, and there is the video game timeline as well, that split off from A's. So, we are up to... 6 timelines?

But the movies are their own timelines, and thus have their own separate canon.
Of course, that doesn't mean we can't use new information. As long as it doesn't contradict the timeline you prefer, any information is better than no information.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:26   Link #74
Sunder the Gold

Since the movie will allegedly be original material, that allows for the possibility that it might be a better movie than the previous two. The story and cast can be designed for movie-length, rather than adapting and cutting out material from a TV-length series.

But Keroko's comment got to me to thinking, "If the third movie proves successful enough, might they adapt and expand it into an official, pre-StrikerS third season for the original animated continuity?"

I know TV series get adapted into movies often enough, but how often does the reverse happen?

I can name plenty of American movies that got American TV-series SEQUELS, but no adaptations come to mind.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:41   Link #75
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
So, let the speculation about the movie begin... and here is mine:

Reflections. Where do you see a Reflection? In a mirror. So, a mirror lost logia creates Dark!Nanoha, Dark!Fate, and Dark!Hayate. These are different than the game versions, being stereotypical evil twins. These three capture Yuuno, Chrono, Lindy, Arf, Arisa, Suzuka, and anyone else who doesn't deserve screentime or character development, and they spend the rest of the movie trapped in the mirror lost logia.

And then, the final confrontation between our three heroines and their evil counterparts....

Dark!Hayate: "I know you, because I am you. You knew about Reinforce, and you knew what the knights were up to, You could have prevented Reinforce's death and stopped the knights, but you secretly wanted a healthy body!"

Hayate: "I-I didn't... no... that's not true!"

Dark!Fate: "You still blame yourself for your mother's death. You know you could have changed her, but you didn't! You are a bloodthirsty, cruel person who wanted her own mother to suffer, and that's also why you were able to do horrible things to Nanoha!"

Fate: "B-but I got over that... I'm not... I dealt with it last movie... didn't I? ...or maybe I didn't... waaaa!"

Dark!Nanoha: "You..." *gets a funny look on her face* "You have no backstory, motivation, or character development! You are a side character in your own series!"

Nanoha: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Edit: You heard it here first, folks! This is my prediction!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:51   Link #76
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

If this results in some kind of slice of school life, pre-StrikerS thing and we don't get anything substantial, I will... Well, ignore and move on as I usually do.

Fingers (slightly) crossed.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:54   Link #77
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
You heard it here first, folks! This is my prediction!
Where is the "Like" button on this forum? This forum needs a "Like" feature.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:57   Link #78
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Wow... Couldn't have gotten better. I don't mind a StrikerSmovie but I wasn't particularly pumped for it either unlike the first two movies. But original content?

What if it does end up being the teenage years animated? I couldn't have asked for something better.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:00   Link #79
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Original content was unexpected, particularly given the canon non-canon status of the movies as in-universe productions.

Curious, curious...
Old 2013-03-24, 10:03   Link #80
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

And this is my prediction: An incident happened, leading to either Nanoha or Fate disappearing. The other go look for her, angsting over what happened to her. It would then lead into mushy mushy reunion scene.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote