AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-26, 20:13   Link #41
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Kyaaa~ *is jealous*

I've been looking for this game since the day it came out, with no luck. Today, they said they got one copy in the morning, and somebody instantly bought it.

Well, at least I know it's out here now.
Old 2010-11-26, 20:18   Link #42
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

@LyricalAura

I'll try to give my view on things, but I'm also still somewhat confused after reading a few of those questions, hah.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-27, 01:02   Link #43
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

@Blue-kun:

I poked around on a Japanese wiki and found a little more information.

Spoiler for Everything:
Old 2010-11-27, 08:17   Link #44
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Regarding the fourth point:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-27, 18:49   Link #45
yangxu

This game is fantastic. If you enjoy mystery, thriller and philosophical stuff, then this is the game for you... actually, if you have the slightest interest in VN, pick this one up, not only is it worth every penny you spend, your contribution will also encourage Aksys to bring over Umineko for the PS3 and maybe the Infinity series for the PSP in the near future.

I picked up this game and couldn't put it down until my DS' battery's dead. The story is very easy to follow, and the logic is clear and concise to the point. After getting mind raped by Umineko and Remember11, this is a breath of fresh air. And like most of the Infinity series games, this game encourages you to explore every possible flag/branching point in order to unlock the true ending.
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:39   Link #46
Coruja

This game is AMAZING, I haven't been able to put down my DS since I got it! I love the Infinity series, so I knew I would love this as well... This game is up to par with both Ever17 and Remember11, in my opinion.
The puzzles are a wee bit too easy but they're such a cool addition, I wish more VNs had puzzles like that, it makes the story easier to follow.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 13:49   Link #47
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

My only complaint is the fact that i have to replay the puzzles after getting an ending all over again, Its a real deterrent for me to start it again.
Old 2010-11-30, 18:00   Link #48
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Oh man, Ive just finished playing 999 and it is truly an excellent game - gets 9/10 from me.
However, for someone who already played Ever17 like me, it is also rather disappointing. If I wouldnt know the story is written by the same person, Id say its a flat out rip-off. Plot wise, Ever17 players will find nothing new here (except for a tiny gem at the very end of the game) as most revelations are just very, VERY similar - basically its like having two identical paintings with just different colors. Furthermore 999 is also shorter and thus the whole mystery isint as deep as it was in Ever17 - not to mention, most of those ~25hours it takes to complete 999 are composed of puzzle solving and story by itself would probably take only around (dare I say) 9 hours to complete.
To sum it up, for Ever17 players 999 is just a same old game in new colors.
For everyone else its a great game with excellent writing, great graphics, pleasant sound and of course clever plot - must-play for every DS owner.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 18:46   Link #49
Sides

The fact that this game is a adventure game by Chunsoft is a must get. Now people, start bugging publishers for 428 and Imabikisou localisation.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 22:05   Link #50
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I'm a little creeped out...

Spoiler for True Ending:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 21:24   Link #51
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Very much an Uchikoshi game, and the ending was awesome.

Spoiler for True ending:
Spoiler for For 3:
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 20:03   Link #52
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Finally finished this game. After reading other people's impressions, I only have one question:

Spoiler:

Anyway, kind of a disappointing game for me, even if it's better than the Infinity series.

Spoiler for Ever17:

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-12-08 at 05:50.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 05:31   Link #53
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Seriously---what's wrong with the game that I got ? I played it for just a few minutes and then experiencing unlimited crash work here and there ;_; I'm in the part where I must to escape the room for the first time....can't get pass it because the game always freeze when I played it.

A question though....is the puzzle hard compared to other games ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 07:56   Link #54
Kaos!

AFAIK, only *cough*rom*cough* version of the game had this problem, and they pretty much fixed it. So you might want to take yours back for an exchange since I haven't seen anyone else had this problem.

Last edited by Kaos!; 2010-12-08 at 08:20.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:10   Link #55
Nihokon

Might consider playing this game on emulator since I don't have DS.. I honestly prefer playing it on the real thing, though.

On second thought, after reading everyone's comments about the game, I'll definitely play it.
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:42   Link #56
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Finally finished this game. After reading other people's impressions, I only have one question:

Spoiler:
The US publisher managed to get in touch with chunsoft, and are hosting an event where fans can submit question to the devs. You can read more on siliconera.
And questions can be submitted on the official NA hp
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 12:52   Link #57
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
AFAIK, only *cough*rom*cough* version of the game had this problem, and they pretty much fixed it. So you might want to take yours back for an exchange since I haven't seen anyone else had this problem.
Sssh! xD;

---To put things short, I manage to get this game working now

After playing it for a few hours....seriously, this game managed to give me goosebumps. Probably because I always play it at night and alone in my apartment. But still, all this stuff about curses...I can't just keep up with it

Old 2010-12-15, 01:46   Link #58
Eab1990

Oh, good, there's a topic on this.

Yeah, I recently finished the game too. Like I said in the Ever17 topic, I think it's a more compact infinity game with equally good twists and revelations like the ones in Coco's route. The ending left a lot more cliffhangers though, so that brings it down a bit. 9/10 still seems appropriate, and not just for the pun. Although there are a ton of puns in the game...

Clover is obviously my favorite, though June got major support from me after the true end, particularly due to some Ever17 parallels. For the person who didn't get the bad ends, I do suggest checking out the axe and sub end, though the knife end is pretty much a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I'm a little creeped out...

Spoiler for True Ending:
Spoiler:
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 03:44   Link #59
ramengud

Just finished this today. I find Ever 17 to be better but this one is also very good. It is alot better than Uchikoshi's other work 12 riven. I'd probably give it a 9 since its 999. I have a question about the end though?

Spoilers: (Sorry I don't know how to use spoiler tags)
Does anyone know what Alice's role in the game is? Is she there just to give the game a horror feel or is it because of the plant needed to make soporil? Does she have any other importance in the story? I'm also curious about seven, did he fake his memory loss or was he really having amnesia and changing memories because the past was currently affected by the events at the present time?
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 23:54   Link #60
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Okay...I've finished this game just now.
Seriously, 999...you've tried REALLY HARD to troll me..

and you've succeeded fffffff--

So...correct me if I'm wrong, but I asssumed that in true ending
Spoiler: