AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 17:09   Link #21
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
For me, witchcraft means using some material means in order to connect with the spiritual realm. So, by this definition, a Christian can be a witch as well, when they put an oil on their heads, or take the supper, for example.
The thing is even going by that definition, re-enactment isn't necessarily evoking. We enact the Last Supper as to not forget as is the words that accompany it
'take this and do this in memory of me'
- The closest thing to evoking if we had to would be through prayer, to meditate with, to spiritually strengthen ourselves with the Holy Spirit, otherwise as much as I can tell, unlike evoking the elements in Wicca practice, there is no summoning per se
- But it's definitely an interesting definition, haven't thought it that way before ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Ahhh, yes, the "witch" fad...
I HATED movies like "The Craft" (I used to call it "The Crap) when I was in school; it made life miserable for those of us actually practicing Wicca. I ran a small coven in high school, and it was right as the goth culture/wannabes were coming into play. Needless to say, we got a lot of them bothering us, wanting to "cast spells" with us and other such nonsense.
Stuff like that, and the plethora of "Wiccans" who honestly never did a lick of actual research other than picking up Buckland or Cabot's trash, are one of the reasons I stopped practicing Wicca to begin with. I'm sure Satanism will be the next fad to shock people, but that's fine. So long as they're not a total prat saying they're with the CoS I don't care what they do. No red card? Not worth my concern.
Not yet jaded by Hollywood, I actually loved that movie, given my interest in all things Wicca at the time. xD
I probably would have bothered practitioners, merely outta curiosity and to observe how its actually performed irl and ask tons of questions, rather than trying to get a spell outta ya.
As annoying as it may have been, regardless of materialistic and meaning reasons for others, if it suited you and you were serious about it, I personally don't see why you should have stopped to be honest.
It wasn't like the essence of Wicca itself was the one that was annoying you (just other human beings)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 18:06   Link #22
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
As annoying as it may have been, regardless of materialistic and meaning reasons for others, if it suited you and you were serious about it, I personally don't see why you should have stopped to be honest.
It wasn't like the essence of Wicca itself was the one that was annoying you (just other human beings)
Actually it was more of me evolving as a person, and realizing the happy white light stuff just isn't my cup of tea. I thought Satanism was more my cuppa, but then realized that it, too, had things I just didn't agree with. In the end, I simply chose "Me-ism". So eventually, as I grew, Wicca didn't suit me anymore. I still know plenty of Wiccans, but TBH finding "REAL" ones seems to be getting harder and harder as time goes on. I find more and more of the kind who say they're Wiccan because they follow Buckland or Cabot's books (both of which're crap and the authors are complete arsehats, btw, arrogant words I won't use on here), never bother to actually commune with the nature they're supposedly worshiping, and so on. The kind who wear 20 different "amulets" because they read someplace that x amulet did such and such, etc, without, again, researching things like gemstones, sympathetic magic, and so on. I guess maybe all the wannabes and morons out there really disenchanted me to it and hardened me to a degree.

Also I didn't mind people coming up to me to ask, if their point was to learn. It was all the wannabes bugging the crap out of us in the coven to join so they could be "teh cool witch lulz" type crap.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 18:13   Link #23
Xion Valkyrie

It's really just another religion that people practice, although one with a lot of negative vibes attached to it due to it's history and also the media.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 19:50   Link #24
SuperSaiyanOver9000

I was a wiccan for awhile
I learned so much about paganism and such from those times
SuperSaiyanOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myth, religion, witchcraft