AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-28, 01:47   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 504 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: spoilers released...

Quote:
-Kushina tries to talk Minato out of using Shiki Fuuin, but he tells her it is the only way.

-Sarutobi, already there, puts up a barrier to prevent the Kyuubi from leaving…

-The Kyuubi, sensing the danger from the death god, attempts to flee, but it is too late…

-Minato and Kushina are slowly dying…

-Kyuubi attempts to escape the Shinigami’s grasp by killing Naruto, but Minato takes a glancing blow instead…

-As the sealing finishes, and Kushina and Minato lay dying, they both insert some of their chakra as a message into Naruto (Kushina takes up all the time allocated, by telling Naruto to find a woman like herself ), then they die..

-Flashback ends, emotional moments ensues, Naruto and Kushina cry, and then she disappears for good. Bye Bye Mommy…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-28 at 08:26.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 02:31   Link #2
DarkHollowIchigo

Nice and early james, i wonder if there are any spoilers out yet.
Old 2010-07-28, 02:35   Link #3
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

None yet, but I imagine it will go something like:

Minato uses Shiki Fuin to grab Kyuubi.
Naruto gets the chakra of Kyuubi/Dad/Mom.
Madara pouts about his failure.
Old 2010-07-28, 03:03   Link #4
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Poor Minato. He showed his awesome-ness while it lasted.
Old 2010-07-28, 07:57   Link #5
james0246

True full spoiler has been released, check the OP.
Old 2010-07-28, 08:06   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
If that's not a troll for shippers, I don't know what is. What kind of mom says that to her son as she lies, dying? Is that really the first thing that crosses your mind? "Get yourself a girl that's just like me"?

I imagine since Kishi almost killed SakuraxNaruto with the possibly shittiest confession this side of the galaxy, he got pressured to give it some fuel to keep the fire burning. And that it did.

It's gonna burn alright... It's going to flame.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 08:11   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
-As the sealing finishes, and Kushina and Minato lay dying, they both insert some of their chakra as a message into Naruto (Kushina takes up all the time allocated, by telling Naruto to find a woman like herself ), then they die..
-Well then, goodbye Hinata . Seems like all your confession amounted to was barely anything. After all, mommy dearest just basically spelled out who Naruto has to look for. A woman with a:
-Short-temper.
-Hair-colour of the red pectrum.
-Has a very sweet side when with her man.

-So we have finally narrowed it down to these lovely ladies: Sakura (ugh), Karin (sure) and Karui (oh Hell yes).
Old 2010-07-28, 08:21   Link #8
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Karin has yet to beat up Naruto, so NarutoxKarui is definitely more likely. (And more awesome.)
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 08:22   Link #9
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
If that's not a troll for shippers, I don't know what is. What kind of mom says that to her son as she lies, dying? Is that really the first thing that crosses your mind? "Get yourself a girl that's just like me"?

I imagine since Kishi almost killed SakuraxNaruto with the possibly shittiest confession this side of the galaxy, he got pressured to give it some fuel to keep the fire burning. And that it did.

It's gonna burn alright... It's going to flame.
A new spoiler seems to indicate that Kushina tells him to find a "mother" (because he wouldn't have one), not to find a girl exactly like her. In other words, because he won't have a mother, he will not understand women, so he needs to find a mother like figure first (Tsunade? Chesty like Hinata, personality like Sakura...).

Her whole speech is actually really sweet:

Quote:
Don't be a picky eater, and bathe every day. Don't stay up too late, Get plenty of sleep. Make some friends, even if not too many. Steadily do your studies and ninjutsu study. Don't worry about your weak points. Respect your academy professors, The three banned Ninja laws (??) Be careful borrowing and lending money.
No booze until you're 20. Girls and Mothers are women, so you don't understand them, but in this age, there's just men and women, so find a mother like figure. And, be careful of Jiraiya Sensei. Naruto, from here on out, there will be a lot of painful, heartbreak. Always hold yourself high, and chase after your dreams with confidence. I really wish I could teach you many other things as well. I wish I could be with you longer, I love you
or

Quote:
From saladesu:
Don't be too picky, and eat a lot! Take a bath every day! Don't stay up too late, and sleep a lot! Make friends; it's okay if you don't make a whole lot of them. Don't skive on studying and ninjutsu. Even if you have any weak points, don't get depressed over them! Respect your teachers at the academy. Look out for the three Ninja taboos and be careful when borrowing and lending money. Only start drinking sake when you're 20. As for women, you mum here's a girl too so I don't really know, but this world has only men and women, so go and find a woman like your mum! And beware of Jiraiya-sensei...
Naruto, from here on out, there's going to be lots of painful and difficult times. But keep a hold on yourself, and have the confidence that you'll be able to realise your dreams!!
There are really so many, many, many, many things I want to teach you.
I want to spend more time with you. I love you.
btw, NarutoxKarui all the way!

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-28 at 08:41.
Old 2010-07-28, 08:33   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Resist urge to...oh to Hell with it! Baaaawwwwwww, that is both beautiful and sad. Damn you Kishimoto and your "once in a blue moon" tear-jerkers.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2010-07-28 at 10:32.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 09:49   Link #11
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I really had hope for this flashback, but it really didn't tell us anything new, except for some minor details like Madara blackmailing Minato.
Old 2010-07-28, 10:00   Link #12
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

I normally refrain from posting until I read the entire chapter, but this time I'm really curious why Sarutobi didn't summon the death god instead of Minato since he was there. It makes sense that the current Hokage should survive and the older die to save the village. Also leaves Naruto with a dad.
Old 2010-07-28, 10:05   Link #13
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
I normally refrain from posting until I read the entire chapter, but this time I'm really curious why Sarutobi didn't summon the death god instead of Minato since he was there. It makes sense that the current Hokage should survive and the older die to save the village. Also leaves Naruto with a dad.
From Minato's words last chapter, I'm inclinded to believe that Shiki Fuuin would not be an ideal choice of seal, so Sarutobi wouldn't have thought of it. Additionally, Minato specifically wanted to give Naruto part of the Kyuubi, and since Minato didn't necessarily know Sarutobi was present (at least not until he summoned the death god) he could have only given part of the Kyuubi to Naruto by himself.
Old 2010-07-28, 10:23   Link #14
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
A new spoiler seems to indicate that Kushina tells him to find a "mother" (because he wouldn't have one), not to find a girl exactly like her. In other words, because he won't have a mother, he will not understand women, so he needs to find a mother like figure first (Tsunade? Chesty like Hinata, personality like Sakura...).

Her whole speech is actually really sweet:

or

btw, NarutoxKarui all the way!
So he needs a mother figure? Who would be a good mother figure for Naruto? Maybe Kurinai?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 10:28   Link #15
yakumo-chan

NarutoxKarin!

what's with karui?? did karui ever had any contact communication with naruto?
Old 2010-07-28, 10:36   Link #16
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
NarutoxKarin!

She sure as hell did. She beat him up real good for being a douche.... j/k
Old 2010-07-28, 10:36   Link #17
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
-Well she did beat him half to death. And of course, since that means they just want to talk in the Narutoverse, I'm going on a limb and say that Karui did have a profound discussion with him.
Old 2010-07-28, 10:50   Link #18
Alchemist007
*Author

Damn sad sounding ending there...
Old 2010-07-28, 11:37   Link #19
Sharfan
The Dragon Sage
*Author

Location: Shady spaces and dark places, where animals fear to tread. . .
I'm gonna freakin cry with this chapter is released, I kid you not. This proves to be one of Kishi's shining moments.
Sharfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 11:43   Link #20
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well i guess this was Naruto... Naruto's (the story) most important events. The thing everyone needed and wanted to know.
Besides.... after reading the complete spoiler.

Spoiler:

Tags
weekly chapter discussion