AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2023-10-02, 17:08   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 1094 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Chapter title is "Warrior God of Science and Defense, Jay Garcia Saturn". Splash is a color page promoting the upcoming anime adaption of Monsters, Oda's one-shot that first introduced us to Ryuma. Fittingly, the spread features everyone from the Shimotsuki clan, Zoro included!

-Having heard Atlas' command, the Pacifistas once again fight the marines! Bonney joins in as well, facing off against two vice admirals! One of them, an old lady named Bluegrass, has the powers of the Nori Nori (ride) no Mi, giving her the ability to control anything she rides on! In this case, she rides one of the Pacifistas, which gives Bonney trouble. Thankfully, Sanji comes along to help out just in time.

-Suddenly, a magic circle appears in the middle of the island, which has the number "5" etched upon it. The marines then announce that Saturn is now on the island, and all soldiers of the rear admiral rank or below must not gaze upon him! Unfortunately, one grunt disobeys that order and looks at the elder.... and literally pays for it with his head. Thankfully, us readers get a full view of Saturn with no repercussions. He seems to be some sort of awakened mythical-type Zoan, in the form of a demonic spider (similar to Black Maria). While the name of his power is yet to be revealed, it seems his form is based on the ushi-oni yokai.

-Back to Luffy vs. Kizaru, both combatants are starting to get tired. The admiral then attempts to attack Vegapunk again, shooting a beam at the tank, but his shot misses! However, his botched shot still destroys the cloud road the tank was riding on, causing it to fall to the ground. It's at that moment when Saturn's voice booms across the whole island, commanding the Pacifistas to stop fighting! Though everyone is distracted by the elder's presence at first, the battles shortly resume. Luffy catches up to Kizaru and lands a blow on him, causing them both to plummet to the ground! Saturn takes notice of the falling Luffy....

-Upon landing on the ground, Luffy's G5 mode expires, turning him into an old man once again! As for Saturn, he's confronted by the group of Bonney, Vegapunk, Sanji, and Franky! Bonney recalls one of Kuma's memories, where someone orders Vegapunk to erase the former warlord's mind. Enraged, she leaps at Saturn, stabbing him! Surprisingly, it seems that she actually managed to wound the elder...!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-10-05 at 17:18.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-02, 18:41   Link #2
Gerard07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Apparently we will see Saturn in action, but why will he use his "Awakening" form?, to kill Vegapunk?, Sanji is with the latter so he may be the one who ends up facing the old man from Goroise (I think it may be a good experience for Sanji), well wait for more spoilers!
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-02, 22:16   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Apparently we will see Saturn in action, but why will he use his "Awakening" form?, to kill Vegapunk?, Sanji is with the latter so he may be the one who ends up facing the old man from Goroise (I think it may be a good experience for Sanji), well wait for more spoilers!
So this means that if the Vegapunks override the authority and Saturn overrides it again, then it's confirmed that the Straw Hats need to either suppress or defeat Saturn to shake things up.

However, If I remember it, Oda already stated that the incident would bring the world into more uproar, which led to it very likely that Saturn has a possibility to be defeated here.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 18:34   Link #4
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Alrighty, updated summary is here! Boy, Saturn's DF is a curious one. Is it really a mythical Zoan, or is it an ancient type like Black Maria's that only gained a mythical appearance due to being awakened? Hopefully, that gets answered soon. Anyway, Bonney managed to stab him, but it's pretty clear that won't actually hurt him. Unfortunately, Luffy can't deal with him at the moment either now that G5 has been exhausted, but maybe there's another way to fight the elder. Did he not just activate that ancient robot a couple chapters back....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 20:39   Link #5
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Alrighty, updated summary is here! Boy, Saturn's DF is a curious one. Is it really a mythical Zoan, or is it an ancient type like Black Maria's that only gained a mythical appearance due to being awakened? Hopefully, that gets answered soon. Anyway, Bonney managed to stab him, but it's pretty clear that won't actually hurt him. Unfortunately, Luffy can't deal with him at the moment either now that G5 has been exhausted, but maybe there's another way to fight the elder. Did he not just activate that ancient robot a couple chapters back....?
Unless Japan has fossils of actual Ushi-Onis/Gyukis IRL, I think itís safe to place said critters under mythical types.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-04, 16:09   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
A summoning circle... what the fuck? Is it smoke and mirrors to make the Elders appear to be more than they are, or will we get actual magic in One Piece?

Saturn's hybrid form looks pretty ominous.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 02:56   Link #7
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
I really wonder, how the pacifista recognise the people they are getting orders from. It was said, that they don't accept transmissions, but it looks like they don't need to see the person who is giving the order either. So they must have a way to distinguish a voice through a speaker from just a really loud voice.
Could someone imitate the voice of a Elder or Vegapunk? Really mysterious.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 03:09   Link #8
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I really wonder, how the pacifista recognise the people they are getting orders from. It was said, that they don't accept transmissions, but it looks like they don't need to see the person who is giving the order either. So they must have a way to distinguish a voice through a speaker from just a really loud voice.
Could someone imitate the voice of a Elder or Vegapunk? Really mysterious.
We can rule out voice recognition. Most likely Vegapunk installs the commands on them.

As expected for this chapter, without having Saturn and Kizaru taken out, the escape would be less likely. But then again, we would see the revival of the old giant robot that went dormant for over 800 years as a sign of "miracle."
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 10:37   Link #9
Theia_Loki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
So this means that if the Vegapunks override the authority and Saturn overrides it again, then it's confirmed that the Straw Hats need to either suppress or defeat Saturn to shake things up.

However, If I remember it, Oda already stated that the incident would bring the world into more uproar, which led to it very likely that Saturn has a possibility to be defeated here.
That and one of the Blackbeard Pirates' ships was spotted near Egghead (but not addressed by the Marines yet). More likely they'll do the dirty work for them if Saturn ends up dead.
They (BB's crew) still have Garp as a hostage, which means they could get Blackbeard's aim of having Hachinsou (a.k.a. Beehive) recognized as a Pirate Kingdom aligned with the World Government. And if they offer to include food deliveries to the Tenryuubito, it's likely to happen since they care more about catering to those spoilt bastards (and their image) than for the people.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 13:06   Link #10
Gerard07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Having seen the chapter, Atlas put the robots back on his side, Sanji saved Bonney, Luffy apparently finally gave a critical blow to Kizaru, Saturn appeared with his fruit to kill Vegapunk and Bonney attacks him for a memory that saw Kuma (I wonder if we'll soon know why they turned him into a complete robot), I hope Sanji doesn't let Saturn hurt Bonney (in fact it's a good opportunity for Sanji to shine a little), wait for next week now there is a manga chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 09:56   Link #11
TURI123456
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A summoning circle... what the fuck? Is it smoke and mirrors to make the Elders appear to be more than they are, or will we get actual magic in One Piece?

Saturn's hybrid form looks pretty ominous.
We never saw real magic in One Piece world so it's pretty sure to assume that there is a trick here or fruit power.
By the way that is the first time that we see a Zoan fruit that's based on a demon I think the fruit on Imu could be a fruit that's based on Abaddon.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 12:16   Link #12
Theia_Loki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
We never saw real magic in One Piece world so it's pretty sure to assume that there is a trick here or fruit power.
By the way that is the first time that we see a Zoan fruit that's based on a demon I think the fruit on Imu could be a fruit that's based on Abaddon.
My guess was either that or Baphomet. Whichever one it is, it'll lend a lot more credence to Sabo saying about "hell ruling the top of the world" nearly ten or so chapters back. Folks that are so ominous-looking that it makes you wonder how in the hell anyone even called them "good" by any stretch.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 18:22   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
We never saw real magic in One Piece world so it's pretty sure to assume that there is a trick here or fruit power.
By the way that is the first time that we see a Zoan fruit that's based on a demon I think the fruit on Imu could be a fruit that's based on Abaddon.
Yeah, I guess it's part of his DF power. Still feels out of place, I don't know. It does a good job making him feel otherworldly in any case.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 23:43   Link #14
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
The Devil Fruits in this chapter were the main highlight especially the one Elder Star Saturn possesses.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-07, 01:43   Link #15
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
So this means that if the Vegapunks override the authority and Saturn overrides it again, then it's confirmed that the Straw Hats need to either suppress or defeat Saturn to shake things up.
Either that, OR they have to destroy all (or at least a significant percentage) of the pacifistas along with defeating the marines.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-07, 11:10   Link #16
Golden Lily
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Could be Gyuki - a yokai with an ox's head and spider's body. I only know that because I've played Nioh II recently lol.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-09, 09:44   Link #17
Collbrande-Ex
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Could be Gyuki - a yokai with an ox's head and spider's body. I only know that because I've played Nioh II recently lol.
Seems to be consensus that it is Ushi Oni/Gyuki

_________________________________

But really every time I see Gear 5 I think "Rule breaking rubber is cool and everything but is that it?". The WG's greatest fear is a rubber man, not earthquakes, darkness that negates devil fruit abilities, gravity manipulation and Lava. Though it won't really affect my enjoyment of One Piece it just strikes me as bizarre even for One Piece.

I also wonder how long the novelty of gear 5 will last with readers.
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-09, 18:29   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collbrande-Ex View Post
Seems to be consensus that it is Ushi Oni/Gyuki

_________________________________

But really every time I see Gear 5 I think "Rule breaking rubber is cool and everything but is that it?". The WG's greatest fear is a rubber man, not earthquakes, darkness that negates devil fruit abilities, gravity manipulation and Lava. Though it won't really affect my enjoyment of One Piece it just strikes me as bizarre even for One Piece.

I also wonder how long the novelty of gear 5 will last with readers.
I think they fear the fruit because of the baggage it carries. It's the fruit of the warrior of liberation, and it was used by Joyboy who was no doubt a major enemy of the WG. I guess it's not impossible that it has hidden powers Luffy hasn't discovered yet though.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.