AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-05, 13:12   Link #61
Chosen_Hero

This is just a slightly better IS (which isn't saying much) that isn't as annoying or painful to watch (i've read a few chapters of the manga and yes it is IS) and anyone denying that is deluding themsleves.

I'll watch only for the fanservice.
Old 2016-04-05, 13:30   Link #62
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think you are misunderstanding something.

It is not "official welcoming party". There is no such thing as welcome party.

MC is not a star or celeb , he is just a new student with a high potential. In this universe, new student with high potential usually get attention from the public, get scholarship, get many privileges, etc. However, MC felt uneasy about how public placed expectation on him so he prefers to stay low.

Those two girls were basically someone who have heard about his story and went on their own to welcome him at airport. (In otherword, they are his fangirl). MC didn't like it so he avoided those girls. MC needs to walk to school like normal student anyway. He didn't make any mistake here.
actually for what i watched they where actually the official welcome party, the blond somehow confirmed it which the school sended someone to get him at the airport and indeed he avoided, she even talked about they failed at it job, not only at being in the school in the right time, then really was mc fault the girls trouble.
Old 2016-04-05, 14:16   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't believe I've ever seen a first episode so replete with cliches. Every ten seconds there was something else we've seen many times before. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. I may not go much further, but I did enjoy this ep.

As I understood it, those two girls were just as excited about this prodigy's arrival as everyone else, but were actually sent to greet him. He slipped away out of understandable modesty. But I do blame him for not standing up in the assembly and saying that their being late was his fault for intentionally avoiding them. Maybe he didn't realize that was the case. And he himself doesn't feel like he's a prodigy. He just feels like a new boy, and is nervous about pushing himself forward too much.

The queen is a jerk, but I understand her idea that any mistake can be fatal. She should have just said: "Okay, I'll let the new boy have this one." But then we wouldn't get this battle, would we? Lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 14:21   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't know, seemed pretty sad watching him slink around to avoid two people.

He may have preferred to stay low, but common sense would make that impossible. You can't avoid the entire student population as showed by the scene a couple minutes later.

Understandable, but the moment he knew they were waiting for the next plane it ups his connection to the event. If he can't handle just telling people that he doesn't want an over the top welcome how does he plan to get by in this school?
Old 2016-04-05, 14:21   Link #65
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
actually for what i watched they where actually the official welcome party, the blond somehow confirmed it which the school sended someone to get him at the airport and indeed he avoided, she even talked about they failed at it job, not only at being in the school in the right time, then really was mc fault the girls trouble.
Umm...Okay. After rewatching it, it seems that is really how it was in the anime version.

This is what happended in novel. (just so you won't misunderstand MC's character)

Spoiler for Novel comparison ep.1:

Last edited by Marina2; 2016-04-05 at 14:29. Reason: Fixed some words.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 14:56   Link #66
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Spoiler for quoted spoiler speculation:
Old 2016-04-05, 14:57   Link #67
Blueknight78

Quote:
Umm...Okay. After rewatching it, it seems that is really how it was in the anime version.

This is what happended in novel. (just so you won't misunderstand MC's character)

well then this is one of the cases where a "little change" from the source can make a huge difference, because anime made clear which was mc fault while spoilers means others things then see the mc act like he "not was in the fault" make he looks a little "jerk" here than it was supposed to be, if being generic pussy prota-kun not already enough bad.
Old 2016-04-05, 15:07   Link #68
Shlugo

Yeah, this is a generic battle harem. But that's not my problem with it, I eat those up like candy.

The problem is I simply dispise Emile. The entire time she was on the screen I wanted to stab her in the face. She's obnoxious.

And the sad thing is, she's still better than in the manga.

The other characters are okay. Hayato is fine I guess, pretty unremarkable among other MCs in those shows, but not actively unlikable. Clarie is cool, I like her hardass attitude.

I dunno, I'll try for one more episode, maybe I'll like it more.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 15:11   Link #69
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
well then this is one of the cases where a "little change" from the source can make a huge difference, because anime made clear which was mc fault while spoilers means others things then see the mc act like he "not was in the fault" make he looks a little "jerk" here than it was supposed to be, if being generic pussy prota-kun not already enough bad.
I'd say less jerk than "pussy prota-kun". There was nothing wrong with him sneaking away from a "welcoming committee", especially one with as many flags as that one had (pun not intended). Asian culture is big on not drawing undue attention to oneself, and the "soy sauce" scene with the loli megane Suginami clone and her catgirl (robo?)meido assistant suggests that his Asian-ness already makes him an outlier.

He should have been more assertive in claiming responsibility for their lateness, but it gave the anime the opportunity to show that Emilia is as overt and outspoken in public as she is with him.
Old 2016-04-05, 15:14   Link #70
Blueknight78

one thing which was weird on that episode was the fact which the mc don't knowing which emile is a girl, was blushing all over the episode over "him"(her) like if he already know she is a girl, he never stopped to thing which he was "blushing over a guy"(gay) which could means which he is a little "gay or bi", to see how powerfull generic mc genetic is which even disgueses can't work in prota-kuns .
Old 2016-04-05, 15:20   Link #71
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
one thing which was weird on that episode was the fact which the mc don't knowing which emile is a girl, was blushing all over the episode over "him"(her) like if he already know she is a girl, he never stopped to thing which he was "blushing over a guy"(gay) which could means which he is a little "gay or bi", to see how powerfull generic mc genetic is which even disgueses can't work in prota-kuns .
He's blushing and freaking out because while his idiot forebrain is telling him that "Emile" is a (very effeminate, probably gay) boy, his more perceptive animal hindbrain is saying "CUTE GIRL WANT!"
Old 2016-04-05, 15:25   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At least he isn't the only male in an all-female school. Even if he has a reverse-trap roommate. (Who isn't the Charlotte, for some reason.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 15:29   Link #73
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
At least he isn't the only male in an all-female school. Even if he has a reverse-trap roommate. (Who isn't the Charlotte, for some reason.)
well to be fair the ammount of "male characters" don't matter much in harems in the end only prota-kuns have the "MC" pheromons which attract girls any other male character or don't have it or not interested in girls or too background character to even matter if he have any girl, many harems to avoid to deal with that prefer to go to the route of the "only male in the school" to make it looks less "ridiculouss and also more "male dream"(be the only male in a place surrounded by hot girls)
Old 2016-04-05, 16:26   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
well to be fair the ammount of "male characters" don't matter much in harems in the end only prota-kuns have the "MC" pheromons which attract girls any other male character or don't have it or not interested in girls or too background character to even matter if he have any girl, many harems to avoid to deal with that prefer to go to the route of the "only male in the school" to make it looks less "ridiculouss and also more "male dream"(be the only male in a place surrounded by hot girls)
I generally find it more ridiculous when a story has to break the rules of its own setting just to make the harem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 16:35   Link #75
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I generally find it more ridiculous when a story has to break the rules of its own setting just to make the harem.
well to be fair i feel the same and when I say "less ridiculous" is more like in the sense which only mc attract girls and no other male character do that in a "female only setup make it look "having more sense" since no other male competition" but in overal sense is so non sense as being the only male to attract girls, the second one they just use it as a sort of "excuse" for the harem focus.
Old 2016-04-05, 16:40   Link #76
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

So, he's a shy-jerk in this anime version. Got it.

I was on the verge of dropping this anime after watching what he did. He's already bland enough (so far), so making him being irresponsible like this is the last thing the writer should do to make the audience root for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'd say less jerk than "pussy prota-kun". There was nothing wrong with him sneaking away from a "welcoming committee", especially one with as many flags as that one had (pun not intended). Asian culture is big on not drawing undue attention to oneself.
I'm well aware of Asian culture since I'm one of them. But we also have this thing called "common sense", "responsibility" and "decency" that is above "not drawing attention". If you arrived at an airport in a country/place you've never been to before and you saw someone friendly (with huge banners) welcoming you and assigned/meant to pick you up, you should at least show up and talk to them (no matter how embarassing they look) to appreciate their effort and kindness and not spit in their face by quietly slipping away from them. And it only made worse by him not admitting his mistake during that assembly or something.
Old 2016-04-05, 17:03   Link #77
Arya

Not impressed at all. And it surely will take some time, if I ever watch the next episode, to get accustomed to that fake trap girl, her disguise is so inconsistent that I can't buy nobody saw through it right away. The fact that the MC couldn't tell even after having seen her after theusual bath accident is not helping either. I can't take it seriously.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 17:10   Link #78
Wade Wilson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Not impressed at all. And it surely will take some time, if I ever watch the next episode, to get accustomed to that fake trap girl, her disguise is so inconsistent that I can't buy nobody saw through it right away. The fact that the MC couldn't tell even after having seen her after theusual bath accident is not helping either. I can't take it seriously.
Maybe cuz he's Ichika's reincarnation?
Wade Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 17:27   Link #79
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
He's blushing and freaking out because while his idiot forebrain is telling him that "Emile" is a (very effeminate, probably gay) boy, his more perceptive animal hindbrain is saying "CUTE GIRL WANT!"
This is one of those perfectly phrased posts that I'd give a cookie to, if we still had them to give.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 18:39   Link #80
rladls2121

Tail on!
No I mean, Hundred on!
All these on buttons, it is really embarrassing for me to say that out loud in public though.

These military uniforms.
The taste was too much militaristic to me during the ceremony.
The scene during the ceremony those two female students were late for it.
If it is somewhere like North Korea when some soldiers were late in the important meeting, there's really no way to go against the Leader, just get executed, unlike in this series just ended up expelled or to have a match to let it slide if the rebellious individual won.
Whether be executed or be expelled either way, the ones who ended up that way to me are like being erased from the country's existence, sometimes for the expelled part though.
That one failure means death that Claire mentioned, it really reminded me of it.

It can be said that Hayato joined the army in exchange to cover his sister's medical expense.

Hayato thinking Emile is a boy, no after being informed Emile is a boy, may have thought it is strange for a boy to greet a fellow student as far as hugging an another male.
Not a handshake, but an unexpected big hug falling onto the ground.
Hayato also may have thought Emile is Ga...
But jumping that conclusion is too quick, as Emile doesn't like being stared on its body.
And me, which is it!!!!!!!!?

Duel, Claire challenged Hayato to a duel.
Just like Julius challenged Ayato to a duel from Gakuen Toshi Asterisk.
At least to me, sounds like a duel I know of from Yugioh Arc V.
However so much difference between Yugioh Arc V and most of the other series.

Yuya: I want to appeal to everyone.
Dueling is not a tool for conflicts.
Duels are supposed to make people happy,
And bring them smiles!
I’m going to prove that through this Duel!

So far apart for this kind of genre such as Hundred series though.
Through this match Hayato knows at least he wants to bring Emile's and Karen's smiles by not getting expelled just after a few days.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle school, light novel adaptation