AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-08, 18:42   Link #41
LazyHunter

It will be interesting to see where Kamachi goes with a protagonist who's not an underdog, though in Index he already has written novels with powerful main characters (Accelerator, Kanzaki) so I don't think he will screw up too hard. The cover is also pretty nice.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 19:20   Link #42
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Not the OP part. I'm saying he has that similar quirk that Touma has. The help me or save me. Which would be more similar to the novels the author has wrote himself than others.
He is the Unkilling king. How is that NOT Touma. Also, he responds to girls saying help me. (What about guys? )

Also, the synopsis says that the protagonist has cutting edge skills among the people who summon... but it doesn't say at WHAT. This could mean bad interpersonally, bad at summoning, or something else entirely. This is "orthodox" but does this even sound orthodox?

It'll most likely be good... Either way... I'm pretty excited for this... The illustrations/art do look rather nice, as opposed to how I was worrying before hand. I feel like this really has potential.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 19:23   Link #43
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
He is the Unkilling king. How is that NOT Touma. Also, he responds to girls saying help me. (What about guys? )

Also, the synopsis says that the protagonist has cutting edge skills among the people who summon... but it doesn't say at WHAT. This could mean bad interpersonally, bad at summoning, or something else entirely. This is "orthodox" but does this even sound orthodox?

It'll most likely be good... Either way... I'm pretty excited for this... The illustrations/art do look rather nice, as opposed to how I was worrying before hand. I feel like this really has potential.
Touma's helped guys before. Like Stiyl and that guy with the bow.

It clearly stated he was the strongest summoner.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 20:01   Link #44
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Touma's helped guys before. Like Stiyl and that guy with the bow.

It clearly stated he was the strongest summoner.
False.

It said strongest boy summoner. I have a feeling that the girls in this city will kick his ass in terms of power... though it is just a feeling...
Old 2014-08-08, 20:04   Link #45
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Just noticed we had a topic for this. I'm curious to see how Kamachi will write a character who is strong right off the bat.

I'll have to keep an eye on this topic for the coming months.
Old 2014-08-08, 20:29   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Cutting edge, eh. Signs point to Kyousuke being the only summoner with a human familiar.

And I guess the three major summoner factions are onmyouji, necromancers and witches judging from the illustrations.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 21:18   Link #47
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Cutting edge, eh. Signs point to Kyousuke being the only summoner with a human familiar.

And I guess the three major summoner factions are onmyouji, necromancers and witches judging from the illustrations.
Oh my god, I have been completely oblivious to the fact that this protagonist's summons a human as a familiar, and of course it has to be a girl...
Can I get like one light novel about summoning where the familiar is just a familiar ? Even Dragonar where everyone in the entire world summons dragons, he summoned a dragon with a human form, just great I'm probably not gonna like this anymore, summoning a girl to fight for you is just an excuse to have a harem and you're not really doing any fighting yourself(it's less annoying when it's just a regular familiar, like a dragon).
Old 2014-08-08, 21:22   Link #48
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

You are jumping the gun on so many things over one small part of the story and it's not even out yet. Crazy.

So this LN will be written in a way to accommodate an anime? I remember TJR saying they do that now.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 21:22   Link #49
dragon1412

the story directly called them gods and most god have human appearance, i don't get why you react like that.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 21:28   Link #50
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
the story directly called them gods and most god have human appearance, i don't get why you react like that.
Actually, it said "those who lurk beyond the gods." But I agree with you. This guy ain't some noob who summons a girl for the first time. I think it's safe to say he knows what he's doing so he's probably already got some relationship.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:38   Link #51
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
You are jumping the gun on so many things over one small part of the story and it's not even out yet. Crazy.

So this LN will be written in a way to accommodate an anime? I remember TJR saying they do that now.
Finally, this will hopefully be something written by Kamachi that will or can at least have an excellent anime. This makes me all the more hyped.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:40   Link #52
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Finally, this will hopefully be something written by Kamachi that will or can at least have an excellent anime. This makes me all the more hyped.
I still think Index is an excellent anime, but sure two great series.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:48   Link #53
bakato

Quote:
Think Mami Kawada'll do the OP again?
Old 2014-08-08, 21:50   Link #54
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Think Mami Kawada'll do the OP again?
For Index or Blood Sign? Index, of course. I've Sound is involved.

Blood Sign? don't even know if it's deemed animu worthy and I doubt it will have the same staff as the other Dengeki series.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:52   Link #55
Kerfirou

Just hope for it.

Even Heavy Object hasn't got any greenlit yet.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 21:52   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not sure what "lurking beyond the gods" means, by the way.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 21:54   Link #57
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Well I like Index, but I want a completely faithful adaptation that is at similar level to the books or maybe even *gasp* better. while Index's adaptation is good, it doesn't still really compare to the novels... (though to be fair it gets better starting with season 3... but unless they animated side-story plot information I can't see it being really good...)

Also, I'm guessing the fact that the MC doesn't kill enemies will make the plot more interesting like with how Index is interesting because of that aspect with Touma. That's actually the opposite with this series. If the main protagonist is too strong... then he has to be careful not to kill anyone, right? Maybe we'll get that...

Otherwise, I'm probably really excited about this series TBH.
Old 2014-08-08, 21:57   Link #58
bakato

Quote:
For Index or Blood Sign? Index, of course. I've Sound is involved.

Blood Sign? don't even know if it's deemed animu worthy and I doubt it will have the same staff as the other Dengeki series.
Blood Sign.

Quote:
I would guess it refers to beings beyond gods.
Old 2014-08-08, 22:07   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ill do a deep over analysis of the new synopsis later.

But just wanted to say, after reading the first page of this thread its a good lesson to learn to not jump the gun when making threads with minimal information.

If possible could someone put this new info on the first page?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 22:12   Link #60
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
It clearly means the ones above god. It could also mean "other things" as well...

But this gives me excellent reverse ZNT vibes + everything else + it's Kazuma Kamachi= 11/10 anticipation score. And the anime has a chance of being better than the books... 12/10 anticipation score... now the deal will be sealed if Js06 agrees to translate it on BT when it comes out...

Tags
action, harem, summoning