AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-01-18, 20:09   Link #41
Laksmana2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roronoa20 View Post
From what we have from Drama CD is that Godou met a goddess, got his sword stolen and escaped. That's all we have. That's not enough for us to see a difference in his personality.

Even if the protagonist had demonstrate a more mature behavior, it doesn't mean that their personality have changed.
If you think that he continues with the same personality of when he was 15 years old (which was just a facade), being that at 17 he had already changed a lot and at 19 even more, besides the bit of the drama CD already demonstrate that the form as he deals with gods is another, can continue thinking that way, you are free.
Laksmana2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 05:00   Link #42
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laksmana2 View Post
If you think that he continues with the same personality of when he was 15 years old (which was just a facade), being that at 17 he had already changed a lot and at 19 even more, besides the bit of the drama CD already demonstrate that the form as he deals with gods is another, can continue thinking that way, you are free.
I didn't say that his personality can't be different from his younger self. All I said is that we still have little to no information to judge whether his personality has changed or not. Everything that he'd demonstrated in the final part of the light novel and the beginning of the drama CD is that he has matured and used to dealing with divine beings.

What you've said from the beginning is not a shift in personality, but a maturity sharpened by the hardships from vol.1 to 21.

We can't tell if someone's inner psyche has been changed or altered in a single chapter and 4 minutes worth of dialogue. I'm definitely sure that I cannot see or assert any kind of answer from that little context.
roronoa20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 05:52   Link #43
Laksmana2

Quote:
I didn't say that his personality can't be different from his younger self. All I said is that we still have little to no information to judge whether his personality has changed or not. Everything that he'd demonstrated in the final part of the light novel and the beginning of the drama CD is that he has matured and used to dealing with divine beings.

What you've said from the beginning is not a shift in personality, but a maturity sharpened by the hardships from vol.1 to 21.

We can't tell if someone's inner psyche has been changed or altered in a single chapter and 4 minutes worth of dialogue. I'm definitely sure that I cannot see or assert any kind of answer from that little context.
At no point I say that he became another person, only that he has matured with age and his experience, showing more of his true self (something that was explained and shown thanks to Lancelot before)

While Ren begins with the most experience and maturity he, after all, is 4 years older than Godou in Volume 1.
Old 2019-01-19, 06:56   Link #44
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:

His personality have matured a lot. He summoned the boar and cheerfully tell it to destroy an island (including Ren and his girls who are on the island). He also casually kidnapped Riona and treated her queenly attitude really coolly unlike his past self that got really flustered when dealing with Erica. Though he also still claim to be a pacifist (love and peace)
Old 2019-01-19, 08:30   Link #45
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
His personality have matured a lot. He summoned the boar and cheerfully tell it to destroy an island (including Ren and his girls who are on the island). He also casually kidnapped Riona and treated her queenly attitude really coolly unlike his past self that got really flustered when dealing with Erica. Though he also still claim to be a pacifist (love and peace)
Doni's probably crying with a tears of joy. I've just finished the drama CD. I can't really imagine Ren without associating him with Kazuma anymore. I'm quite sure that Ren and Doni would get along together very well.

Last edited by roronoa20; 2019-01-19 at 08:42.
Old 2019-01-19, 09:03   Link #46
Triok123

soooo this is the new project bakapevert-sama is doing, reading the first volumen it seems that only stella has a degree of attachement to MC, does other this change on following volumes?, does the bird girl ever get dere?
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 09:27   Link #47
Spica

Spoiler for Spoiler:

That's White Queen right? Looking pretty neat there, imo.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 10:38   Link #48
Laksmana2

Quote:
He'll probably always be a hypocrite ...
Old 2019-01-23, 10:18   Link #49
haseo0408

Of course this is exactly what Voban nedeed!, sarcasm mode activated, 3 more Authorities for the guy who already has like 20!. And jut make it more the Divine Authority of the wolf God that pretty much kill the whole world! I am looking at you Fenrir.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-23, 11:05   Link #50
bakapervert
A pervert

Poor Fenrir, getting used to show off what a badass Voban is in this new series. XD

PS: New chapter is up
Old 2019-01-23, 11:51   Link #51
roronoa20

Quote:
Poor Fenrir, getting used to show off what a badass Voban is in this new series. XD

PS: New chapter is up
If Voban didn't use his dragon form, but his wolf form instead. I think Godou might actually lost during the civil war.
Old 2019-01-24, 07:37   Link #52
haseo0408

Quote:
If Voban didn't use his dragon form, but his wolf form instead. I think Godou might actually lost during the civil war.
Godou already defeated that Authority s sure as hell he wasn't going to use it against him again, Outer Land Dragon was a safer bet, little did he know had the Authoriy of the White Knight to counter it.
Old 2019-01-24, 11:31   Link #53
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Godou already defeated that Authority s sure as hell he wasn't going to use it against him again, Outer Land Dragon was a safer bet, little did he know had the Authoriy of the White Knight to counter it.
True. Otherland's dragon may be a safer bet. However, if Voban used his wolf form instead he can no-sell white stallion, and not suffering an all out annihilation to his body. If he used singing spellbook's teleportation, couple with his strum und drang. He might be able to outlast Lancelot's 10 minutes limitation.
Old 2019-01-24, 12:10   Link #54
Laksmana2

Quote:
True. Otherland's dragon may be a safer bet. However, if Voban used his wolf form instead he can no-sell white stallion, and not suffering an all out annihilation to his body. If he used singing spellbook's teleportation, couple with his strum und drang. He might be able to outlast Lancelot's 10 minutes limitation.
Then we are considering that Voban knows everything that would happen, if it were so, the same could be true for Godou, we would just go into a looping.
Old 2019-01-25, 09:52   Link #55
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Voban did not use "Otherland's Dragon" because he wanted to defeat Godou, he used to escape the attractive force of "Fairy's Corridor" Madame Aisha. If he had used avatar of "Legion of Hungry Wolves" he would have been dragged to "Fairy's Corridor".
The battles in Campione are not decided by the strongest power, it has all the context that has to be taken into account, a chance event during the fights can change everything.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 10:22   Link #56
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSoul View Post
Voban did not use "Otherland's Dragon" because he wanted to defeat Godou, he used to escape the attractive force of "Fairy's Corridor" Madame Aisha. If he had used avatar of "Legion of Hungry Wolves" he would have been dragged to "Fairy's Corridor".
The battles in Campione are not decided by the strongest power, it has all the context that has to be taken into account, a chance event during the fights can change everything.
Ying Hua did say that battle experience is useless the Devil Kings, they all know how to from the start in their own peculiar way so victory could go either way.
Old 2019-01-25, 13:00   Link #57
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Ying Hua did say that battle experience is useless the Devil Kings, they all know how to from the start in their own peculiar way so victory could go either way.
This is true, I never said the opposite.

But in a real battle between Campiones, the circumstances surrounding the battle also have to be taken into consideration.

Because Doni was not dragged by "Fairy's Corridor"?
answer: because Godou used the "swords" to save him.

And why would Godou save someone who would be his enemy soon after?
answer: Because Doni would use Divine Confusion, and even Godou would be dragged by "Fairy's Corridor".

Why Luo Hao was able to return from "Fairy's Corridor"?
answer: She used a pill that allows her to resist the attractive force of "Fairy's Corridor", but that has a high price. The pill drains large amounts of magical power, the has been proved to be a huge disadvantage in his fight against Doni.

Why voban used "Otherland's Dragon" to escape from "Fairy's Corridor" when this Authorities has a huge consumption of magical power?
answer: he was dragged four times by that authority, using "Otherland's Dragon" was the only method available to escape, and not be dragged for the fifth time.

So to say that a campione just has to enter the stage and he will win in any way, this can be true when the enemy is human. But if it's a God or Campione, the result will be painful, when Godou followed Erica's words and enfolded David Bianchi he won easily. But when he went against Melqart, it was certain death.
Old 2019-01-25, 13:57   Link #58
roronoa20

Quote:
Why voban used "Otherland's Dragon" to escape from "Fairy's Corridor" when this Authorities has a huge consumption of magical power?
answer: he was dragged four times by that authority, using "Otherland's Dragon" was the only method available to escape, and not be dragged for the fifth time.
During the fight between Godou and Voban. The attraction force has already subsided to the point that Godou can fight without using warrior to prevent himself from being sucked into the corridor. At this point, Voban can switch to his wolf form without problem of being dragged in. This was his fatal mistake. Apollo's authority is more than enough to fight the boar(His transformation in the original series is the same size as the boar.) and it withstand White Stallion without any problem. He can still use strum und drang without any problem in this form.

In conclusion, no matter how much Voban has said that he'll fight Godou with his full power. The old king is still underestimate him, Voban never use all of his authorities. Red punishment and Singing spellbook can be a game changer. That's why it ended in his embarrassing defeat.
Old 2019-01-25, 13:58   Link #59
haseo0408

Quote:
This is true, I never said the opposite.

But in a real battle between Campiones, the circumstances surrounding the battle also have to be taken into consideration.

Because Doni was not dragged by "Fairy's Corridor"?
answer: because Godou used the "swords" to save him.

And why would Godou save someone who would be his enemy soon after?
answer: Because Doni would use Divine Confusion, and even Godou would be dragged by "Fairy's Corridor".

Why Luo Hao was able to return from "Fairy's Corridor"?
answer: She used a pill that allows her to resist the attractive force of "Fairy's Corridor", but that has a high price. The pill drains large amounts of magical power, the has been proved to be a huge disadvantage in his fight against Doni.

So to say that a campione just has to enter the stage and he will win in any way, this can be true when the enemy is human. But if it's a God or Campione, the result will be painful, when Godou followed Erica's words and enfolded David Bianchi he won easily. But when he went against Melqart, it was certain death.
That´s one of the many, many thing I love of this series, facing a Devil King when you´re a mortal equals a very painful death or in the case of Voban undeath. Most humans in the story even refuse to acknowledge the Devil Kings as normal humans before they got their immortality.
Old 2019-01-25, 14:51   Link #60
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
During the fight between Godou and Voban. The attraction force has already subsided to the point that Godou can fight without using warrior to prevent himself from being sucked into the corridor. At this point, Voban can switch to his wolf form without problem of being dragged in. This was his fatal mistake. Apollo's authority is more than enough to fight the boar(His transformation in the original series is the same size as the boar.) and it withstand White Stallion without any problem. He can still use strum und drang without any problem in this form.

In conclusion, no matter how much Voban has said that he'll fight Godou with his full power. The old king is still underestimate him, Voban never use all of his authorities. Red punishment and Singing spellbook can be a game changer. That's why it ended in his embarrassing defeat.
All the Campiones at this point of the battle already were very exhausted, if Voban turn into giant wolf form he would spend even more power, "a stronger light hides a fainter light" even if the wolf has power to devour the light, if magic power is too weak, it would still be burned by the White Stallion. Using "Otherland's Dragon" was the best move he could make, similar to a game of chess, he was cornered by the circumstances of the fight.

Quote:
"Red Punishment" is similar to White Stallion but is much more powerful and with a much wider range and consumes a huge amount of power, but using it in a direct attack against a god or campione does not have much effect since it is expected that they have managed to escape, and similarly it can turn your user into ashes. To use in an efficient way you have to let the opponent cornered as Godou did with Melqart, and also with Voban, if Godou had used White Stallion in Voban in a direct attack, they were in Netherworld, and Voban was in the form "Otherland's Dragon" that had the power to move freely through Netherworld, he could have escaped the attack without difficulty, but godou cornered him with distractions and caught him in surprise in the same way he did with Melqart. (fonte:Shiniki no campioness)

"Singing Spellbook" was no longer used by Voban after he obtained from Osiris "Undead Servant", he only used again after resurrecting with some lost authority, "Undead Servant" can be one of them.

Last edited by GodSoul; 2019-01-25 at 16:19.

Tags
adventure, bakapervert, fantasy, godslayer, harem