AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-17, 10:15   Link #401
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Wouldn't call atomizing every capital on the planet a 'little' violent.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 10:18   Link #402
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Wouldn't call atomizing every capital on the planet a 'little' violent.
I'm going by Code Geass standards, where committing mass genocide seems to be a favourite pastime and completely normal activity for members of the royal family. Even Nunnally has committed mass murder at this point.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 10:24   Link #403
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I'm going by Code Geass standards, where committing mass genocide seems to be a favourite pastime and completely normal activity for members of the royal family. Even Nunnally has committed mass murder at this point.
That's why I see dead Nunnally and not alive at the end of code geass., but if someone stops her fired FLEIJA then maybe she has a chance to be alive.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 10:27   Link #404
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
In that case, you should be rooting for Schneizel, not Lelouch. We know Damocles will bring world peace, even if the method is a little violent.
We don't know anything of the sort. Pointing a WMD at the world and expecting world peace has always seemed pretty stupid and hopelessly optimistic to me.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 10:30   Link #405
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We don't know anything of the sort. Pointing a WMD at the world and expecting world peace has always seemed pretty stupid and hopelessly optimistic to me.
You seem to have misinterpreted what he's going to do. Schneizel is going to fire a WMD at every country in the world, not point it. Countries that don't take the hint after that will be disciplined further by being completely wiped off the map. Only countries that stop waging war out of fear of being disciplined will remain. On the contrary, expecting world peace to come about through people understanding each other and willingly stopping violence is hopelessly optimistic. Schneizel's plan, on the other hand, will actually work because he's forcing people to either make peace or be destroyed. And once Britannia and the UFN are both gone, there will be no army in existence that can hope to do anything against Schneizel.

Last edited by Discerptor; 2008-09-17 at 10:51.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:00   Link #406
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Ah, okay, though I don't Bismark should be talking much now, since well he's kind of dead from said Suzaku he was previously calling a mocking. Whose the mook now, eh Bizzy?
Yes... because, you know, he really stood a chance against Albion.
Who is the better pilot though? Bismarck.

Speaking of Bismarck and Suzaku convos...

Suzaku-"I surpassed Knight of One! I am Knight of Zero!"
Bismarck-"Such a prideless name!"
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 11:03   Link #407
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Pff, Bismarck? Better?

And also:

Anya: "I shall make the two of you...just a recording."

Pretty damn badass.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:04   Link #408
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post

Galahad and Albion seemed pretty matched in terms of speed at least when they were dueling each other, and as we all know, pewpew spam lasers don't really do a whole lot in one-on-one mech duels. They might as well have been bullets. I don't think we can really know who the better pilot was because Bismarck had his Geass turned on right from the start.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:05   Link #409
Orga777

Quote:
Pff, Bismarck? Better?
Well duh I thought that was obvious.
I mean look, Bismarck didn't even need his geass to pound the hell out of Xing-Ke and the Geass did help him stand up for a while against that monster of a mecha Suzaku has. He is a better pilot IMO. Experience and skill is on his side.

Quote:
And also:
Anya: "I shall make the two of you...just a recording."

Pretty damn badass.
That is a good quote too... I think we should just put down every quote from 23 actually.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:08   Link #410
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I suppose. But Suzaku with 'Live' Steroid- er, Geass, active, trounces everything. Kallen, hence, has no chance at all if Lelouch orders him to live next episode, but I digress.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:11   Link #411
Orga777

Quote:
I suppose. But Suzaku with 'Live' Steroid- er, Geass, active, trounces everything. Kallen, hence, has no chance at all if Lelouch orders him to live next episode, but I digress.
Which is why I said better pilot. That means without Crazy Magic Eye powers in unequal mechas.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:11   Link #412
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Well duh I thought that was obvious.
I mean look, Bismarck didn't even need his geass to pound the hell out of Xing-Ke and the Geass did help him stand up for a while against that monster of a mecha Suzaku has. He is a better pilot IMO. Experience and skill is on his side.
And then his words during the fight and at the end about Marianne just made me think "Lelouch you are such a fucking failure compared to your mom".

Pity he somehow couldn't appropriate his mothers combat skills from the World of C. Kinda like downloading them into his mind or whatever giving him autohax.

Then when Gino, Anya, Todou and Xinge Ke went after him he could've just pawned them and they would've all been like WTF.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 12:23   Link #413
KrimzonStriker

Quote:

And he was stupid enough to try, or believe he could. As for the better pilot, well, not like you can make the comparison anymore considering we'll never get the opportunity to really know, since he's still dead in the end.

Pfft, doesn't matter because he's still standing in the end. Pride is useless when there is nothing to be proud of, like being beaten into the ground for example. In the end, its the victory and the result that will determine the future. You think a real knight who believed in chivalry and would request a duel with swords or something would be very admirable if some just chose to shoot him with a pistol instead? He'd look like an idiot more then anything else. Time to get with the times here already

Quote:
In that case, you should be rooting for Schneizel, not Lelouch. We know Damocles will bring world peace, even if the method is a little violent. On the other hand, we don't know jack about Zero Requiem.
The hell I will, because I know that the result is that Schneizel is really a jackass whereas Lelouch pretends to be a jackass. Plus, I know Lelouch is going to win anyway, if we stick with just results
Old 2008-09-17, 12:34   Link #414
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
The hell I will, because I know that the result is that Schneizel is really a jackass whereas Lelouch pretends to be a jackass.
So really what you're saying is you care about the method/attitude more than the results.
Old 2008-09-17, 12:36   Link #415
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
So really what you're saying is you care about the method/attitude more than the results.
I do, I know the result is I'm going to suffer under the rule of a jackass, versus a guy who isn't and does actually seem to care. At the same time, the latter is going to win in the end, so how's that for results?
Old 2008-09-17, 13:22   Link #416
Orga777

Quote:

Pfft, doesn't matter because he's still standing in the end. Pride is useless when there is nothing to be proud of, like being beaten into the ground for example. In the end, its the victory and the result that will determine the future. You think a real knight who believed in chivalry and would request a duel with swords or something would be very admirable if some just chose to shoot him with a pistol instead? He'd look like an idiot more then anything else. Time to get with the times here already
Pfft. Don't see you bashing Jeremiah or Sayoko for being like that.
Old 2008-09-17, 16:47   Link #417
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
They get results with it though, and they haven't died yet. And they are working for people who aren't limited in that fashion. I didn't say honor was bad or anything, just that I don't see much point in it if it doesn't do you any good. Certainly didn't do Bismark any good. I think it falls back to what Kaio once said about the past age giving away to the new one, kind of like when the chivalry of the sword was replace by the cold execution of the gun, where the latter just proved to be more effective in the end. >_>
Old 2008-09-17, 16:50   Link #418
Orga777

Quote:
They get results with it though, and they haven't died yet. And they are working for people who aren't limited in that fashion. I didn't say honor was bad or anything, just that I don't see much point in it if it doesn't do you any good. Certainly didn't do Bismark any good. I think it falls back to what Kaio once said about the past age giving away to the new one, kind of like when the chivalry of the sword was replace by the cold execution of the gun, where the latter just proved to be more effective in the end. >_>
Um... It didn't do Bismarck any good because he went up against freaking Albion. Imagine what would have happened if it was regular Lancelot, Live Geass Steriod or not, Suzaku would have been beatdown. That is the whole point. it wasn't his honor that brought him down (that was Cornelia... ) but superior tech.

But I see your point I guess. Still though. My point stands.
Old 2008-09-17, 16:52   Link #419
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Um... It didn't do Bismarck any good because he went up against freaking Albion. Imagine what would have happened if it was regular Lancelot, Live Geass Steriod or not, Suzaku would have been beatdown. That is the whole point. it wasn't his honor that brought him down (that was Cornelia... ) but superior tech.

But I see your point I guess. Still though. My point stands.
Technicalities, technicalities, in the end its about pressing your advantage to the fullest in reaching your goal, and in the end he's alive while Bismark is dead, enough said I say.
Old 2008-09-17, 20:23   Link #420
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
That was more about being loyal

Jeremiah: So you have a heart of a knight

Sayoko: I suppose so...
Dandylion is offline   Reply With Quote