AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-29, 10:04   Link #1601
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zear View Post
PLS READ
This is more so for everyone that has watched the series. and not just toward Nogitsune. I know this might have been said .. but maybe not

Spoiler for Geass Ending:

Heh. Nicely done. Director says he wants to keep it an open ending but the writer says Lelouch is dead.

We could also NOT take it literally. Like how "Lelouch Vi Britannia is dead." but "Lelouch Lamperouge"lives. "

Someone I know told me that the director has more power than the writer. I'm not sure but whataver.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 10:09   Link #1602
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Heh. Nicely done. Director says he wants to keep it an open ending but the writer says Lelouch is dead.

We could also NOT take it literally. Like how "Lelouch Vi Britannia is dead." but "Lelouch Lamperouge"lives. "

Someone I know told me that the director has more power than the writer. I'm not sure but whataver.
??
From what I read, Taniguchi said it was up to the viewer to see if this was an happy ending or not...I don't think he ever implied Lelouch could be alive. At least, it's not what I read in translated interviews.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 10:27   Link #1603
Craymel

Quote:
3) After the Recipient is satisfied with their goal the Bestower can now be relieved of their eternal torture only after having a fatal wound inflicted on the recipient. (CC looked lifeless from loss of blood as the bestower did away with herself a soon as she had the chance. 18 mins into episode 15 or so).
This isn't the case. Charles took V.V.'s code with out the need to inflict bodily harm on himself and he was going to do the same thing with C.C. with out inflicting bodily harm to himself.
Old 2008-11-29, 10:33   Link #1604
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
This isn't the case. Charles took V.V.'s code with out the need to inflict bodily harm on himself and he was going to do the same thing with C.C. with out inflicting bodily harm to himself.
You don't know that. In Charles Case , you couldn't see his wounds since it would just be covered by his clothes or it has been healed quickly since he has a code.

As for C.C.'s case, she stopped midway so you never know if Charles was about to inflict some damage to her or to himself.
Old 2008-11-29, 13:01   Link #1605
Autumn Demon
~

Spoiler for Geass ending:
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 13:07   Link #1606
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

No, just no. Suzaku doesn't have Geass, much less one so evolved as to take C.C.'s Code.
Old 2008-11-29, 13:33   Link #1607
Autumn Demon
~

And it's impossible for C.C. to give Suzaku a geass so she can die?
Old 2008-11-29, 14:09   Link #1608
zvadimz
I luv burichi!!!YAY!!!

Where does the main plot come? Light novel or manga series? sorry if it is a noob question...
zvadimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 14:09   Link #1609
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
And it's impossible for C.C. to give Suzaku a geass so she can die?
Not in a span of two months. Lelouch took more than a year to get two double eye, and more than two months to reach permanently active. Plus, C.C.'s still alive and has her memories, so her Code is still there.
Old 2008-11-29, 14:21   Link #1610
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvadimz View Post
Where does the main plot come? Light novel or manga series? sorry if it is a noob question...
As far as I know, first was the anime itself.
don't worry
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 14:51   Link #1611
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I have a question.

When does the english dub of R2 air? If I'm not mistaken, It airs at 2 am on Sundays, but I watched the dub yesterday on youtube. Where are they being released? How are they being uploaded 2-3 days before it even airs?
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 14:55   Link #1612
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I have a question.

When does the english dub of R2 air? If I'm not mistaken, It airs at 2 am on Sundays, but I watched the dub yesterday on youtube. Where are they being released? How are they being uploaded 2-3 days before it even airs?
http://www.adultswim.com/video/

There.
Old 2008-11-29, 15:52   Link #1613
Autumn Demon
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Not in a span of two months. Lelouch took more than a year to get two double eye, and more than two months to reach permanently active. Plus, C.C.'s still alive and has her memories, so her Code is still there.
Spoiler for Code Geass ending:

Last edited by Autumn Demon; 2008-11-30 at 06:20.
Old 2008-11-29, 15:58   Link #1614
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

C.C. wanted to die initially. She doesn't want to die now, or she wouldn't have let Lelouch get himself killed.
Old 2008-11-29, 18:01   Link #1615
Zear

Quote:
Spoiler for CC and Nun:

Last edited by Zear; 2008-11-29 at 18:49.
Zear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 18:14   Link #1616
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Spoiler:
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 19:51   Link #1617
Zear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
You don't know that. In Charles Case , you couldn't see his wounds since it would just be covered by his clothes or it has been healed quickly since he has a code.

As for C.C.'s case, she stopped midway so you never know if Charles was about to inflict some damage to her or to himself.
Right... Charles had already obtained the power of immortality through the completion of the pact held between him and V.V... which is why Charles did not die at the Hands of Lelouch through commandment of death with the use of the Geass and also why we saw Charles Live through several Gunshots to the chest (Season 2, Episode 15, @ 16mins, 25 seconds)

The only reason Charles Died was because Lelouch requested to the Higher Power, along with destroying "the Sword of Akasha", that Charles cease to exist. And that request was granted.

Another interesting symbolic item; was that very tower of blasphemy, "the Sword of Akasha" as they called it in the anime, which Charles was going to use to destroy the Gods (The whole scene inside "The World Of 'C'" in 2nd Season, Episode 21, @ 9mins 25 seconds and after) Symbolizes the "Tower of Babel".

Last edited by Zear; 2008-11-29 at 20:15.
Zear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 23:26   Link #1618
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
There's no episode 26 and I don't think he'll even accept any geass since the power of the kings caused his lover's death.
And when Lelouch said "for eternity" , that's because of the "Live" geass.
Old 2008-11-30, 00:25   Link #1619
Pandonetho

I have a few questions, and I'm not sure if they've been asked (since I haven't read every page)

But, what indeed was C.C.'s true wish? Was it "to be truly loved?" And if it was, did she really need the geass users to reach full power to have that wish come true?

Also, was Mao her lover once? Since before she killed him, she said "I loved you." Or did she just mean, I loved you as in like a very close relationship but not a romantic one.

Do you guys think C.C. ever fell in love with Lelouch?

Do you guys think that Lelouch may have gained Charles' code when Charles tries to strangle him? Thus, he was able to retain his geass (since it wasn't C.C.'s code), therefore leading us to the relation to the title of "Code Geass."
Pandonetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 00:30   Link #1620
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
I have a few questions, and I'm not sure if they've been asked (since I haven't read every page)

But, what indeed was C.C.'s true wish? Was it "to be truly loved?" And if it was, did she really need the geass users to reach full power to have that wish come true?

Also, was Mao her lover once? Since before she killed him, she said "I loved you." Or did she just mean, I loved you as in like a very close relationship but not a romantic one.

Do you guys think C.C. ever fell in love with Lelouch?

Do you guys think that Lelouch may have gained Charles' code when Charles tries to strangle him? Thus, he was able to retain his geass (since it wasn't C.C.'s code), therefore leading us to the relation to the title of "Code Geass."
1.) Her true wish was discovered by Lelouch, which was "To be loved." Since the geass that she received reflected on her character and personality. But she really wanted to die before , but inside , she wants to be loved.

2.) I think so. But maybe not in THAT way.

3.) Of course. She became "Human" because of him.

4.) It's possible. But he's officially declared dead already so..yeah.

Answers may vary from different people. So, these are my opinions.

Tags
q&a