AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 11:29   Link #641
Seqi

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Modern Warfare

Hah, but seriously, I hope they let you play as a Valkyria this time. There are quite a few ways they could implement a reason for it. Even if it's just for one mission where you can smash everything. Or hell, pit your Valkyria against several of the man-made Valkyrias for a challenge. This was something i was really looking forward to in VC1.

Spoiler for first game:

I assume there are still quite a few surprises we have yet to see.
Seqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 11:43   Link #642
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seqi View Post
Valkyria Chronicles 3: Modern Warfare

Hah, but seriously, I hope they let you play as a Valkyria this time. There are quite a few ways they could implement a reason for it. Even if it's just for one mission where you can smash everything. Or hell, pit your Valkyria against several of the man-made Valkyrias for a challenge. This was something i was really looking forward to in VC1.

Spoiler for first game:

I assume there are still quite a few surprises we have yet to see.
Spoiler for DLC for first game:
Old 2010-01-22, 13:39   Link #643
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Spoiler for DLC for first game:
Not ony that, but a mission revolves around using her, doesn't it?

Hearing descriptions of that particular mission brings to mind the third mission of the Empire of the Rising Sun's campaign in Red Alert 3.

Spoiler for You thought Valkyria were powerful...:

Though, using Valkyria Alicia would have been nice. In a 'Volkov-and-Chitzkoi' sort of way.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 21:05   Link #644
Runty

I'd have thought there'd be a lot more VC2 videos up by now. Maybe it's because I'm searching in English and not Japanese...

So far, I've only found a few videos. This one, however, is a highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_17Z2PZJ4

Very fan-service oriented. Cosette =
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 23:02   Link #645
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post

I feel as though I should have seen this coming. I mean, what with 'Squad 7 R&R', and the fact that Cosette seems like she could easily endear herself to the fandom.

More videos will probably follow the English release.
Old 2010-01-24, 00:51   Link #646
Snowman24

Quote:

Nice to see the Valk girl in this vid, so she's not always Psycho, stab kill kill, kill some more.

Though I have to admit, seeing her PWN those artifical valk units and talking in her crazy, psycho, other worldly voice when she did...I'm afraid of what the English speakers will do when they do the north American release.

They've never really been able to be on par with the awesomeness of the pure Japanese Voice over for the characters...this part has me most afraid. What will Aliasses voice be like in English...I doubt anywhere near as awesome.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 02:55   Link #647
cloner4000

So in two years time, the guy have went from one piece to just the trunk..although I think back in the 20-30s that's what men wear, but I think this one looks less ridiculous, and with all the bikinis around..why not.

Now all we need is the hot spring episode to complete it. Haha Nice one though..Good Job Cosette! show us more...XD
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 11:34   Link #648
Seqi

Quote:
I'd have thought there'd be a lot more VC2 videos up by now. Maybe it's because I'm searching in English and not Japanese...

So far, I've only found a few videos. This one, however, is a highlight.

Hah. I can't say i wasnt expecting this though. Sure beats Largo/Welkin in a hot spring on their own.

Quote:
I'm afraid of what the English speakers will do when they do the north American release.
I've had much more faith in English Voice Actors ever since Dissidia. After hearing Kefka's Japanese voice, i cringed at what the English one would sound like, but it sounded fantastic.
Old 2010-01-24, 11:55   Link #649
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
So in two years time, the guy have went from one piece to just the trunk..although I think back in the 20-30s that's what men wear, but I think this one looks less ridiculous, and with all the bikinis around..why not.

Now all we need is the hot spring episode to complete it. Haha Nice one though..Good Job Cosette! show us more...XD
Hey, it's a business, have to sell more copies.

Seirei no Moribito was a good example of what happens when creators don't give fans their fanservice - no fanserivice, no sales.

Myself, I am hoping they revamped the gameplay so that it does not reward you for scout rush.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 14:37   Link #650
cloner4000

I think they've change the scout so that it's hard to scout rush anymore, the AP is down while all the other class increases. Also, their gun are weaker than all the other class, I am still in early stages of the game, but the Support Troop's gun can actually take out Scouts behind Sandbag with relative easy where the Scout's gun can't. and sometimes I'll have to hit 3 or 4 shot out of 5 shots to kill either a lancer or Shock trooper. It might be cause my level is a bit low, but it's definitely not as easy as before.

Here's the password for unlocking characters, I think it was post in a board somewhere, and my friend found it.
発売イベント等 イーディ分隊 (6人纏めて追加) TKBHCNBERHRKJNFG (Edy Detachment)
アニメ版「戦場のヴァルキュリア」DVD5・6巻連動 ラマール・ヴァルト (突撃兵) LITSGAAMEORFRCRQ (Ramal)
アニメ版「戦場のヴァルキュリア」DVD5・6巻連動 アリシア・メルキオット(TV版) (偵察兵) KBAFLFHICAJTKMIY (Alicia Anime)
予約特典の暗号解読 セルベリア・ブレス(偵察兵) KSNEGA56LPY7CTQ9 (Selvaria Bles)

http://alphawiki.net/valkyria2/index...B9%A5%C8%A5%E9

Here's the website where it's from, looks like it might update later with new codes, so check often I guess.
Old 2010-01-24, 15:08   Link #651
Runty

I found another video after making a Japanese search (still didn't get much out of it). This one is a character video for Magali, one of the Darcsens you get in VC2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTrJzFZxEGo

Good to see Welkin still has his bug fetish. Though, why do I get the vibe that Magali reminds Welkin of Isara?
Old 2010-01-24, 15:12   Link #652
Seqi

Quote:

Here's the password for unlocking characters, I think it was post in a board somewhere, and my friend found it.
発売イベント等 イーディ分隊 (6人纏めて追加) TKBHCNBERHRKJNFG (Edy Detachment)
アニメ版「戦場のヴァルキュリア」DVD5・6巻連動 ラマール・ヴァルト (突撃兵) LITSGAAMEORFRCRQ (Ramal)
アニメ版「戦場のヴァルキュリア」DVD5・6巻連動 アリシア・メルキオット(TV版) (偵察兵) KBAFLFHICAJTKMIY (Alicia Anime)
予約特典の暗号解読 セルベリア・ブレス(偵察兵) KSNEGA56LPY7CTQ9 (Selvaria Bles)

http://alphawiki.net/valkyria2/index...B9%A5%C8%A5%E9

Here's the website where it's from, looks like it might update later with new codes, so check often I guess.
So the passwords are multi-use? That's good.
I'm just wondering about the pre-order bonuses and stuff in the West. I hope we can get the goodies that Japan got as well as all the unlockable characters. I'd hate to miss out.
Old 2010-01-25, 15:59   Link #653
cloner4000

Yes, the code is multi-use, They have also change the way class level up works, while all class level up the same time, in order to go to advance jobs you actually have to use the specific character and get certain required badges or something you get from defeating or participate in the missions. That is a bit annoying to me as that means I have to use all my characters.

Lancer has ragnaids too, I didn't notice it really until later.

The armor car is really really fun to use, with 700 AP and only one CP to use, you can run over sandbags and fitted with a Gatling gun can kill most infantry even those in hiding. You can even outfit it with a Flamethrower.

It is however pretty weak, the first time I exposed my back to a shock trooper it just kill me in one burst and stepping over a mine also instant death. You can actually see your car getting damaging by enemy rifle fire even from the front or sides. But none the less very tactically helpful. The customizations of tanks is really well done in this game.
Old 2010-01-25, 16:25   Link #654
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
The armor car is really really fun to use, with 700 AP and only one CP to use, you can run over sandbags and fitted with a Gatling gun can kill most infantry even those in hiding. You can even outfit it with a Flamethrower.

It is however pretty weak, the first time I exposed my back to a shock trooper it just kill me in one burst and stepping over a mine also instant death. You can actually see your car getting damaging by enemy rifle fire even from the front or sides. But none the less very tactically helpful. The customizations of tanks is really well done in this game.
I'll probably never use the Armored car, then. Sure, it's mobile, but it's weak in the armor department. I'm the guy who likes Apocalypse tanks because of the durability, and this thing sounds like it couldn't take on a lancer and win if it wasn't its turn.
Old 2010-01-25, 22:41   Link #655
cloner4000

Yep, it's pretty much one hit KO from lancer no matter where it hits. In VC2 if your tank/vehicle was destroyed you have to pay a repair fee, which isn't very cheap actually. So it really give lots of customizations.
Old 2010-01-25, 22:47   Link #656
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Yep, it's pretty much one hit KO from lancer no matter where it hits. In VC2 if your tank/vehicle was destroyed you have to pay a repair fee, which isn't very cheap actually. So it really give lots of customizations.
I'd imagine - unlike VC1, where an important character was in either tank, the tank in VC2 seems to contain a sidecharacter - though, the fee being expensive means there might be a method to my madness in opting for armor over mobility or firepower (which is what I did with the Edelweiss in VC1. I <3 the final Armor upgrade. Oddly enough, I normally stick the Accuracy upgrades on it, too. That shell makes no difference if it doesn't hit anything.)
Old 2010-01-25, 23:20   Link #657
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
what happens to the crew i wonder? XD
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 04:14   Link #658
cloner4000

Same as Zaka I guess, magically bails out while Welkin can't. Although if it's armor car and you have squad mate in it when it dies, it counts as automatic KO and the person is sent the to the Hospital and need to wait for couple days to recover. That's the same as if you did not rescue down squad mate in time. I am not sure but it seems they have taken out the permanent death from VC2, I don't understand enough to know for sure, though.

If you like heavy armor, then I guess you've seemed the video where you can customize your tank into heavy tanks right? I think you can even add parts to increase HP as well, back armor of sorts.
Old 2010-01-26, 15:00   Link #659
Runty

Gameplay videos are still scarce, but I'm continuing my searching as best I can. I'm left to wonder, however, how VC2 is doing in the sales department. I hope it's selling a lot of copies.

In the meantime, for those of you who have played the game, I'm interested to learn some details concerning the characters. Stuff like personalities, backgrounds, whatever; anything we could learn could be a nice look at how fleshed out the game is.

Anyone want to contribute?
Old 2010-01-26, 15:20   Link #660
DC20

Seems like they took out permanent death? That... really sucks
Having units able to die kept some sense of permanence to what you did and actually made your actions seem like they held some danger or risk to them.

I'd second Runty's request as well, if someone were willing to take the time.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote