AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-27, 20:45   Link #81
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Is the premiere date pushed back a week? I remember it being 06/07/07 in some of the various trailers/TV spots...but now the websites have A date as 06/14/07.

-PD
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 20:42   Link #82
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodragon View Post
Is the premiere date pushed back a week? I remember it being 06/07/07 in some of the various trailers/TV spots...but now the websites have A date as 06/14/07.

-PD
It's 6/14 Thursday night, 11PM.

Anyone else seen the 10min Devil May Cry preview special for WOWOW?
It shows tons new footages, select scenes (and dialogs!) from the first episode, as well as interview with the original game's producer (and supervisor of the anime) Hiroyuki Kobayashi.

Those of you who have Niko Niko video accounts can view it from here.

EDIT:
I'm sure most people don't have a Niko Niko video account, so reposted it on youtube, at lower quality.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-05-28 at 22:45.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 09:46   Link #83
cyth
Banned

Well, episode 01 is now available as a DRM video stream on WOWOW's website. Use Windows Media Player to play it. TV broadcast starts June 14.

You have to register and log-in to watch the video. Registration is free of charge and really not that complex even for people that don't know Japanese. First you agree with their terms (always the left button), then you enter your email address and they send you a link to the registration page. After that, you input your email address as your username, desired password, desired nickname, date of birth, sex, field of employment (choose random if you don't know Japanese), 8-digit numerical code for retreiving your password. Lastly, choose the first option at the bottom of the form and continue. Your registration should've been completed after that or else it gives you an error and you fix what's missing.
Return to the episode page, click play and you'll have to log-in. After that your stream is ready. Hope this helps.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 13:20   Link #84
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Where can I find the 8-digit numerical code for retrieving my password? I got a mail back, but it's all jibberish.

yŽó•t“úŽžz2007”N06ŒŽ01“ú 03Žž13•ª33•b

WOWOW ONLINE ‰ïˆõ‚ɉ¼“o˜^‚¢‚½‚¾‚«A‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤‚²‚´‚¢‚Ü‚·B
‰º‹L‚ÌURLiƒAƒhƒŒƒXj‚É‚ ‚È‚½ê—p‚Ì“o˜^ƒy[ƒW‚ª‚ ‚è‚Ü‚·‚Ì‚ÅA
‚»‚¿‚ç‚Å–{“o˜^‚ðŠ®—¹‚³‚¹‚Ä‚*‚¾‚³‚¢B
«

https://www1.wowow.co.jp/CGI/Member0...fdb8a069e627cd

‚Ü‚½ã‹LURLiƒAƒhƒŒƒXj‚Ì—LŒøŽžŠÔ‚ÍŽó•t“úŽž‚©‚ç24Ž žŠÔ‚Å‚·B
‚¨‘‚߂ɃAƒNƒZƒX‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚½‚¾‚¯‚Ü‚·‚悤‚¨Šè‚¢’v‚µ‚Ü‚· B

24ŽžŠÔ‚ð‰ß‚¬‚Äã‹LURLiƒAƒhƒŒƒXj‚ª–³Œø‚É‚È‚Á‚Ä‚¢‚ ½ê‡‚ÍA
‰º‹L‚æ‚艼“o˜^‚©‚ç‚â‚è’¼‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚½‚¾‚¯‚Ü‚·‚悤‚¨Šè‚¢ ’v‚µ‚Ü‚·B

https://www1.wowow.co.jp/Member0/
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 13:43   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm hoping someone will capture it and will post the RAW. *eagerly waits*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 14:51   Link #86
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Where can I find the 8-digit numerical code for retrieving my password? I got a mail back, but it's all jibberish.

yŽó•t“úŽžz2007”N06ŒŽ01“ú 03Žž13•ª33•b

WOWOW ONLINE ‰ïˆõ‚ɉ¼“o˜^‚¢‚½‚¾‚«A‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤‚²‚´‚¢‚Ü‚·B
‰º‹L‚ÌURLiƒAƒhƒŒƒXj‚É‚ ‚È‚½ê—p‚Ì“o˜^ƒy[ƒW‚ª‚ ‚è‚Ü‚·‚Ì‚ÅA
‚»‚¿‚ç‚Å–{“o˜^‚ðŠ®—¹‚³‚¹‚Ä‚*‚¾‚³‚¢B
«

https://www1.wowow.co.jp/CGI/Member0...fdb8a069e627cd

‚Ü‚½ã‹LURLiƒAƒhƒŒƒXj‚Ì—LŒøŽžŠÔ‚ÍŽó•t“úŽž‚©‚ç24Ž žŠÔ‚Å‚·B
‚¨‘‚߂ɃAƒNƒZƒX‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚½‚¾‚¯‚Ü‚·‚悤‚¨Šè‚¢’v‚µ‚Ü‚· B

24ŽžŠÔ‚ð‰ß‚¬‚Äã‹LURLiƒAƒhƒŒƒXj‚ª–³Œø‚É‚È‚Á‚Ä‚¢‚ ½ê‡‚ÍA
‰º‹L‚æ‚艼“o˜^‚©‚ç‚â‚è’¼‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚½‚¾‚¯‚Ü‚·‚悤‚¨Šè‚¢ ’v‚µ‚Ü‚·B

https://www1.wowow.co.jp/Member0/
I believe you have registered, all you need is your email address and password to log in.

on another note I cant get the video to play, neither video links respond eventhough I have registered/logged in.
Kraker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 15:05   Link #87
SolidMGSnake

Send a message via AIM to SolidMGSnake Send a message via MSN to SolidMGSnake Send a message via Yahoo to SolidMGSnake
mms://streamw.hitpops.jp/service/10000009/drm/dmc_1_10.wmv
Old 2007-05-31, 15:11   Link #88
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidMGSnake View Post
mms://streamw.hitpops.jp/service/10000009/drm/dmc_1_10.wmv
do you have the link to the 500k version? this one lags a bit on my connection
Kraker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 15:15   Link #89
SolidMGSnake

Send a message via AIM to SolidMGSnake Send a message via MSN to SolidMGSnake Send a message via Yahoo to SolidMGSnake
thats the only one I know. Sry =(
Old 2007-05-31, 15:29   Link #90
cyth
Banned

I downloaded the stream (to WMV), but the file is DRM'ed and FairUse4WM doesn't do me justice (crashes while converting ). So if anyone's experienced in that sort of thing, PM me.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 19:22   Link #91
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I went to the registration page and they asked you to put in your password, date of birth, prefecture (I just put Hokkaido ) and a numerical code - 8 digits or above, if my memory serves me correctly - I don't know if that last one is the "numerical code" you were talking about.

Did your registration e-mail look something like this (I could have translated it for you if the characters weren't messed up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOWOW registration e-mail
Spoiler for WOWOW registration e-mail. Japaneseness alert!:
Edit: Even though I registered, the server is being extremely un-cooperative...

Edit 2: "License not found?" Okay...

Last edited by Yaoi_Pocky; 2007-05-31 at 19:36.
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 23:17   Link #92
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, episode 1 was quite bloody.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 02:03   Link #93
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

hm, not bad for a first episode. Can't say I'm a fan of the demons' design but they're fodder anyway.

I really hope Reuben and company get hired for an English release. As good as the seiyuu is I've just been playing the game too much to really accept anyone else besides maybe Drew Coombs.

Edit: I like how they brought back Dante's love of strawberry sundaes from the DMC novels.

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2007-06-01 at 03:40.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 00:06   Link #94
monir
cho~ kakkoii

First thing first....... Thank you whomever has upped the web-capture. Onward with the episode.

The first episode doesn't leave much of an impression for several reason, but the primary reason can be pointed as the story. It's boring. The fights are stylishly drawn but the animated motion isn't very good. Considering this is a web capture, the quality of the RAW also dampens the enjoyment of the episode. The positive things about the episode are the seiyuus. Morikawa Toshiyuki seamlessly fits into Dante's role. Morrison's VA, Ohtsuka Akio, happens to be one of my top favourites who also voiced Batou from GitS. Hence, the main concern this show already faces as of episode 1, is the content. The fights mean nothing if there aren't enough suspense to lead to them.

Anyway, here is a couple screenshots in the following:

Spoiler for episode 1 screenshot:

As it can be seen from the screenshots, the quality of the capture isn't very good, so I didn't take too many screenshots. I suggest for a wait until the show is scheduled for the TV broadcast because it will cetainly help, and some fans of DMC may need all the help that they can get to enjoy this episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 08:05   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The first episode doesn't leave much of an impression for several reason, but the primary reason can be pointed as the story. It's boring.
so i wasnt the only one O.o

but even though its just a slow start it seems i would have expected some sort of plot to grab onto...rather than dante randomly killing monsters everywhere...lets hope the next ep will show some improvements to the story...
the fight scene also seemed rather dark (probably just due to the LQ raw though)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:19   Link #96
monstratboy

It seems that when it comes to strawberry milkshakes, suprisingly even a devil may cry.......
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 11:09   Link #97
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I thought it was pretty darn awesome, personally. Very funny and stylish. About as deep as the kiddy pool, but who's going to watch this for profound meditations on the human condition?
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 13:00   Link #98
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I was only bothered by the loli, I am still trying to figure out her role in the big picture.
Otherwise it is a solid first episode for those who want to see a well done animated adaptation of Dante-Is-GAR-And-Kick-Asses-Without-Thinking-Twice-About-It-Better-Than Pirates-And-Ninjas-Does.

I've loved the fighting scene on the opera stage where you could only see Dante's and the demons's shadowy figures while a latin-ish guitar song was playing.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 13:16   Link #99
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

I personally prefered the music when Dante's tearing up that goat demon thing at the end. Had more of a Devil May Cry feel to it.

I really hope they use some of the game's music in the anime at one point or the other. I would kill to hear Lock n' Load or Ultraviolet in the background while Dante's in a big fight.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 14:50   Link #100
v1cious

as much as i wanted to love this, i have to say this episode was extremely disappointing. not only was there way too much exposition (COME ON! it's Devil May Cry), but the loli sidekick really got on my nerves. even the action scenes were pretty subpar for Madhouse.

i really hope this gets better in the next episode.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, madhouse