Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-31, 15:36   Link #301
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 4

9:25 - Wow Manabe sure can scream.

And Kotoura sure has one...interesting...grandfather...

Also:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 17:43   Link #302
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

that was a very interesting turn of events, specially the way the moritani-kotoura affair was resolved... well at least was most believeable than in other animes, and a lot of manabe kun scenes were funny but they did add a lot to the character, specially how he responds to moritani's apology, also hisako kanemoto charmed me with those little screams at the end.
Old 2013-01-31, 18:52   Link #303
00Coyote

After episode 4, I come to the conclusion that this show has one major, glaring problem...

It's only 10(ish) episodes long.

The setting, story, characters, voices, directing are all there to make the show something special, but because of the short run, they are having to compress everything down and rush through parts that need more time to develop.

24 episodes would probably be too much time to fill, but a 15-16 run would do wonders for letting this story de-compress in certain areas that need some time. Like Moritani's reconciliation, or the ESP clubs and MANabe's reacting to and dealing with Kotoura disappearing. I would want this first 'arc' to be 6 episodes, more or less.

Other than that, Kotoura is still adorable, MANabe is still a man, and the Grandfather is off his rocker.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 18:56   Link #304
mistress_kisara

LOL Kotoura's granpa is crazy!!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 20:22   Link #305
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
After episode 4, I come to the conclusion that this show has one major, glaring problem...

The setting, story, characters, voices, directing are all there to make the show something special, but because of the short run, they are having to compress everything down and rush through parts that need more time to develop.

24 episodes would probably be too much time to fill, but a 15-16 run would do wonders for letting this story de-compress in certain areas that need some time. Like Moritani's reconciliation, or the ESP clubs and MANabe's reacting to and dealing with Kotoura disappearing. I would want this first 'arc' to be 6 episodes, more or less.

Other than that, Kotoura is still adorable, MANabe is still a man, and the Grandfather is off his rocker.
Actually, It maybe opposite.

Considering that this show based on 4-panels manga, I think anime already tried to expand the content as much as possible.

(manga readers please confirm)
Old 2013-01-31, 20:30   Link #306
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow didn't expect Kotoura's grandpa to be like Manabe. Really like their capture plan using the net. Didn't expect Moritani to apologize, they even became friends.
Old 2013-01-31, 21:17   Link #307
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4

manabe still bit sad wonder of where is kotoura give esp club have been found her give daichi hack into train camera to find kotoura so catch is on & oh where to stay night the shrine temple.

while meet shrine priest give he know kotoura give also cared for her & tell them kotoura is at her grandpa's house so arrive meet grandpa yep he same like manabe as well give he had kotoura on his seat.

enter kotoura chase is on & after hearing manabe worry give oops spank mention caught & net kotoura after some talk give kotoura still worry manabe chase her all tell her come back all ok.

then hiyori come in give confess sorry for all damage want to make it all with everything yep kotoura all is fine with everything all happy & good times.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 21:48   Link #308
Dark Wing

Nice episode and it's great everything worked out but my only complaint was that Kotoura and Moritani became friend why too quick and easily.

I won't post anything that I might find out about manga here again else I evoke the wrath of the mods...
Old 2013-01-31, 21:52   Link #309
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought this was the weakest of the episodes so far. There were too many absurd coincidences, topped off by Moritani's appearance at the front gate. I really doubt that scene would have worked out as it did in real life. I agreed with Manabe when he wondered why he had become the "bad guy" all of a sudden. At some point Haruka needs to come to the realization that everything is not her fault, or she is going to be a somewhat boring and predictable character. (And why did Moritani just drive away right after resolving things with Kotoura? She could have joined the others and returned with them, or offered to take them all back in her cab.)

Frankly I didn't like the ecchi grandfather very much either. I don't mind teenaged Manabe having sexual fantasies about Haruka, but why do we need to make her grandfather, who we have so far seen as the only one who cared for poor Haruka, suddenly become an incestuous pervert? It seems like mindless fanservice and undermines the story.

Oh well, let's see what happens when we get back to school. We still don't know what Yuriko intends. I'm looking forward to seeing how that story line will develop, though from the preview it does not look like it will happen in the next episode.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 22:46   Link #310
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I have to agree with SeijiSensei... the grandfather turning out to be a pervert was a downer for me, though I suppose it explains why Kotoura isn't that bothered by MANabe's antics? Regardless, it feels weird.

Speaking of feeling weird, how exactly did MANabe turn into the bad guy? I'm actually glad he didn't go "I forgive you Let's be friends!"...his reaction's a lot more believable, even if I feel he's not likely to hold a grudge. On the other hand, Kotoura forgives too quickly.

Pretty standard episode. Enjoyable nonetheless.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 22:52   Link #311
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-31, 23:03   Link #312
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Zenzou is as much of a perv as Manabe
Old 2013-01-31, 23:03   Link #313
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post

actually is a 12 episodes this means who still have 2/3 to run.

Man i'm still not aceppting the way moritani was forgiven was too easy i know who based in manga spoilers she take some more gult punishiment but for me just gulty is not enought a punishment, c'mon she asked guys from dojo to threaten manaba(saying who he a stalker just because a jealous???? a total yandere act) they fight with him send him badly injured to the hospital, i prefer see her suffer more, it's not like i'm not fine with her being redeeming but the way who this happen was too much easy, she was forgive by both koutora and manabe too easy, well it's a anime at the end and she need be forget to continue the story by the way.

MANabe aways incredible, he easy topping mine list of the best male MC in anime story , again the couple yukino and daichi still great, looks like daichi have a very dependent childhood girl friend(ak girlfriend), who leavins everything to his hand

kotoura grandfather too much fun another pervert(poor kotoura surrounded by pervert peoples), and the way of her grandfather showed being able to has something in common with Manabe and easily they understood was epic.

still being the top anime of this season followed by boku wa tomodash ga sukanai.(mine top 2)
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 04:29   Link #314
Pacify

The way the Moritani conflict was resolved did feel a bit cheap, only MANabe's reaction was believable. Lets face it she was complete and utter bitch, there is no reason for Kotoura to suddenly forgive her like that.

The creepy grandfather was kinda over the top, didn't really add anything to the show. Manabe continues to be completely awesome, and the 2 esp club characters are both entraining.
Overall still the best show this season
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 05:42   Link #315
Lukeman1884

Yeah, so I'm gonna echo the sentiments of many of the posters above me. Creepy grandfather's sexual fantasies about his granddaughter are disturbing, not funny, and unlike with Manabe, add nothing to the story. Dunno why they included it.

I also didn't like the Moritani resolution, but at least this anime has an excuse for it's crappy unbelievable conflict resolution. You could argue that the reason Kotoura forgave Moritani that easily is because, due to her childhood, she's socially stunted. It's probably a combination of the facts that a) subconsciously, she's lonely and desires friends, and b) she still thinks this was all her fault.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 11:21   Link #316
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Maybe I should just pre-type my post for each week's episode:

Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man.

It's not easy to come across a male character who is so frank and forthright about his feelings without hesitation or tsuntsun about it.

I really wish Moritani received some punishment for her actions instead of getting away with just a mere apology, but I understand why Kotoura would forgive her easily. No point dwelling in the past, is there?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 14:16   Link #317
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Maybe I should just pre-type my post for each week's episode:

Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man. Manabe is the man.

It's not easy to come across a male character who is so frank and forthright about his feelings without hesitation or tsuntsun about it.

I really wish Moritani received some punishment for her actions instead of getting away with just a mere apology, but I understand why Kotoura would forgive her easily. No point dwelling in the past, is there?
... Or you could just simplify it into MANabe. Formatted like that for emphasis.

I like the part where he screams "My burning rage!!!" a lot. And I'm just 5 minutes in the episode...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 15:46   Link #318
Theo

-I'm glad they're acknowledging the melodrama with the "tragic heroine" line.

-I dislike how they kind of laughed off the attack in the end with the annoying screaming.

-I did like they called her out on her martyr nonsense but no one really acknowledged Moritani's cowardice.

-Grandpa...

Japan. Stop.

Just stop.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 18:36   Link #319
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

On one hand, I'm kinda eyeroll at the grandfather.

On the other hand, and this is just me, but my impression of him is that while he may be a dirty old man at heart, he's deliberately playing it up in an attempt to distract Kotoura from all her sadness. Notice how she first appears, quiet and sad, and then gets distracted from that sadness. Not the best move... but it works, sorta.

Also lol Manabe. Everytime you have a heartwarming moment... you then have to ruin it by being perverted.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 18:53   Link #320
Solafighter
Hige

I enjoyed this episode, uptill the moment, Moritani shows up. I felt, that something might happen between Kotoura and Manabe, when he caught her on the gate. But then, I heard the sound of a car and Moritani shows up, like it's nothing and talk about a perfect timing. This scene feels very cheap and how they resolve it is very rushed. Episode 4 could have been better without Moritani.

Manabe is awesome as always. He is, without a doubt, the hero and leading character of this series. Can't get enough of him.

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy