AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-27, 19:10   Link #1
destines
Destiines

What is the best romance, drama, comedy anime

I need help finding a really really romantic anime and a drama and comedy anime too

Sooo far these were the ones i watched and loveeedddd !!

-Bokura Ga Ita -Shuffle
-Romeo X Juliet

Plus i would like an anime that has really nice drawingss and that are sweet

ohh and by the way i want a clean anime not a pervertic one -.-

These are the animes i watched and didnt like

EXAMPLE -ai yori aoishi
- Daa Daa Daa
-Chobits
-love hina
-lamune

PS: THANKS TO THOSE WHO REPLIED
REALLY THANKKK YOUU!! =)
Old 2008-07-27, 19:21   Link #2
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Kanon (2006) (romance, drama)
Clannad (drama, comedy, romance)
Air (drama, romance)
ef~ a tale of memories (romance + drama, not much comedy)
true tears (same as above)
REC (light romance)
Seto no Hanayome (comedy with a little romance)
Ouran High School Host Club (comedy with a little romance)

More Perverted:
School Days (romance, drama, psycho crazy girl, and a faggot dude)
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (drama, romance, plus a tad bit of nudity)

5 Centimeters per Second (Movie) (romance)
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (movie)(drama)

If you like shuffle you might like da capo (have not watched)
Bokura Ga Ita -> Lovely Complex
Old 2008-07-27, 20:36   Link #3
Autumn Demon
~

kareshi kanojo no jijou (kare kano)
kimikiss pure rouge
Old 2008-07-28, 00:43   Link #4
Arkuatic

Kyou no Go no Ni-similar to lucky stars w/ a hint of romance
Air in Summer-not alot of romance or any i dont think in this but theres plenty of comedy and flows w/ the air series.
Old 2008-07-28, 15:38   Link #5
destines
Destiines

Thank You Guyss Soo Muchh
For Replying =)
Old 2008-07-28, 17:56   Link #6
Keruri
Like a falling star

A lot of these have been mentioned, but....

Seconding Lovely Complex. The absolute BEST romantic-comedy around. A must-watch; a lot of Bokura ga Ita fans really enjoyed it, as well.

KimiKiss is also worth looking in to, like mentioned. It's a romance, but there aren't many extremely dramatic moments or anything.

ef - a tale of memories doesn't have much (if any) comedy, but it's an absolutely amazing romantic series that's packed with drama.

Kanon 2006 is also a must-see. I have so much love for this series that I can't even think of anything to type aside from "GO WATCH IT NOW". AIR and CLANNAD are similar, but Kanon really wins it in terms of drama and romance.

Sola might suit your taste. It's a romance/drama with a few fantasy elements thrown in here and there. A very touching anime.

Seto no Hanayome is absolutely hilarious and has flecks of romance every so often.

I hope I could help, even slightly!
Old 2008-07-28, 18:20   Link #7
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I second Kanon and AIR. But for Clannad the romance and drama really happens in the upcoming afterstory. It is on parwith Kanon and includes more romance. AIR has a bit of romance but not really. Maybe AIR movie would be more romance.

Itazura Kiss- is basedfrom a 90's manga. But the author died before she finsihed making it. So this anime will have the first end to how she wanted it to go. That it's self puts it on an emotional level.

Special A- Is good haven't finsihed it but it is cute and mostly comedy not much drama But romance and comedy.
Old 2008-07-29, 12:56   Link #8
destines
Destiines

thank so much Keruri and Leo_Otaku
Old 2008-07-29, 21:54   Link #9
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
You might want to try Hani Yori Dango(called Boys Over Flowers in the US) it has a very similar style to Bokura Ga Ita and Lovely Complex. It's more romance/drama with situational comedy than anything else. It starts off slow, but after 4 episodes, its gets good. It's 51 episodes(and the story is great nearly ALL the way through the series), spanned a live-action spinoff for 2 seasons, AND a live-action movie that topped #1 when it released. That's how you KNOW it's AT LEAST worth checking out.
Old 2008-07-31, 05:01   Link #10
blewin

Honey and Clover - about college art students. Absolutely hilarious, but also serious with real life concerns and plenty of romance. And if you like H&C, then you might also like Nodame Cantabile, college music students. Both animes are similar.
Old 2008-08-02, 01:05   Link #11
OkakuSeph
''Why so serious?''

Ah my goddess, and Elfen Lied
Old 2008-08-02, 01:06   Link #12
OkakuSeph
''Why so serious?''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I second Kanon and AIR. But for Clannad the romance and drama really happens in the upcoming afterstory. It is on parwith Kanon and includes more romance. AIR has a bit of romance but not really. Maybe AIR movie would be more romance.

Itazura Kiss- is basedfrom a 90's manga. But the author died before she finsihed making it. So this anime will have the first end to how she wanted it to go. That it's self puts it on an emotional level.

Special A- Is good haven't finsihed it but it is cute and mostly comedy not much drama But romance and comedy.
I second Itazura na kiss... very good anime with alot of comedy and room to grow
Old 2008-08-02, 02:08   Link #13
Banjou Haran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkakuSeph View Post
Ah my goddess, and Elfen Lied

I love both of those shows. Although, they are quite different! hehe

I would also say Video Girl Ai is a good romance show. Although, I don't know if that one is easy to find anymore.

And, I love Rose of Versailles. But, that one has never been licensed for release in the US. It was extremely popular in Europe. Especially, France and Italy. There's even been a musical, ballet and an opera planned. Plus, I think a French-English live action film. Plus, I think Toei is planning a new Rose of Versailles movie. I wonder when that is planned for release.
Old 2008-08-02, 13:40   Link #14
Anpatsuki
[.Otaku Revolucionaria.]

Send a message via MSN to Anpatsuki
kare kano
ouran high school host club
Old 2008-08-03, 05:19   Link #15
hydraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post

kanon and Clannad were good, but Air SUCKED! Let me put it this way, Kanon and Clannad had over 24 episodes, which was enough to establish the story, and get you into the story and the characters....Air, only had 13 episodes, which wasnt enough to make you understand what the hell was happening. First off, the dude disappeared and turned into a crow? WHY?!?!?! And who the hell were those 2 kids at the end who seemed to know what was going on? They gave you a story, then rushed it to the end with a crappy 13 episodes...sure, was a sad ending, but if there were more episodes, i would have been WAY more sad than i was....all in all...Air would be good if it had 24+ episodes
Old 2008-08-03, 12:50   Link #16
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Best you say? The series that I consider having the best mix of romance, comedy, and drama is probably REC and only that. Even though other series have significant flaws, I would further recommend Clannad and Nodame Cantabile based on enjoyability alone, although they're both more comedy-orientated.

Kanon, Air, and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien guys? Those have really no comedy.
Closed Thread