AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 3 8.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 20.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 14.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-19, 05:08   Link #41
Snowman24

Spoiler for Episode 16:

P.S. thanks for the new Avatar <3 <3
Old 2009-07-19, 05:34   Link #42
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Its more like Welkin is insensitive jerk. But also a bit jealous and confused.

He and alicia never felt all that close in my book, and the fact that Alicia blushes to around every man that approaches her doesnt help matters much just like the fact that she seems to spend more time with Faldio than with Welkin anyway (though more is because Falkdio is sticking to her like a wet leaf to her ass).

Yeah she was flustered around him and tried to pull moves on him when alone, but she looks flustered by about every man around anyway.
This version of Welkin is the worst sh!te protagonist of all anime, a total idiot and nothing less.

After the cabin episode, I really believed that was it and that things would move forward. Instead, things kept going worse and there was no sign of improvement whatsoever. As I already said, should Welkin be closer to his game counterpart and stand up for himself, this would be perfect to create tension between him and Faldio; hell, this is what everyone expected of that love triangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 16:
Spoiler:

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-07-19 at 05:48.
Old 2009-07-19, 10:04   Link #43
justavisitor

pretty good episode..9/10

so Largo's lecture means nothing for Welkin? Come on, Welkin, just when I thought you hit the rock bottom already, you fall even lower XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-07-19, 10:58   Link #44
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
This version of Welkin is the worst sh!te protagonist of all anime, a total idiot and nothing less.
While I may not go that far in my description of him, he has still irked me the past few episodes. I really am liking Faldio more than Welken as a character right now (opposit of my feelings about the game). It doesn't help that Welken towards the end just appears all happy go lucky after what transpired. The show has done a ghood job the last few episodes of giving me the impression that Welken just doesn't want to start any kind of relationship with Alicia. I mean after that cabin episode I thought it was a good sign of things to come on the relationship spectrum, I guess not. And I don't know if its just me, but Welken seems to be getting more dumb as each episode passes.

Besides that an overall good episode. Finally some nice backstory on Largo and the Selvaria stuff was just plain cute.

all in all a good episode. 8/10
Old 2009-07-19, 11:21   Link #45
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
pretty good episode..9/10

so Largo's lecture means nothing for Welkin? Come on, Welkin, just when I thought you hit the rock bottom already, you fall even lower XD
Apparently not

That or it's going to kick in afterwards, the guy is pretty slow afterall

Quote:
any hints about what is supposed to happen in the next battle? I guess this is something from the game.
Unfortunately it is in the game so I can't dulge what happens. However I doubt that the writers will deviate too much from the game in terms of direction. They are defintely changing the means but not the principal as the end result is still the same.
Old 2009-07-19, 12:54   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I-...

I can't even comment on how much this series has lost the plot so I won't even bother.

Largo's scene with his flashback and subsequently revealing his first love (and his reaction) was simply hilarious, and not to mention the highlight of this depressive and angsty melodramatic episode featuring the daily life of Alicia...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-19, 12:57   Link #47
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I-...

I can't even comment on how much this series has lost the plot so I won't even bother.

Largo's scene with his flashback and subsequently revealing his first love (and his reaction) was simply hilarious, and not to mention the highlight of this depressive and angsty melodramatic episode featuring the daily life of Alicia...
Don't fret, man.
Spoiler for Don't fret:
Old 2009-07-19, 15:38   Link #48
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Don't fret, man.
Spoiler for Don't fret:
Possible spoiler
Spoiler:

You know they should've had Alicia say, "I don't see Faldio in the same way!"
Old 2009-07-19, 16:10   Link #49
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Possible spoiler
Spoiler:

You know they should've had Alicia say, "I don't see Faldio in the same way!"
That's right! Get rid of him first and no other!
Old 2009-07-19, 18:00   Link #50
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Oh yea the Gregory House quote. Love it. Doesn't the ED hint it? :I
Old 2009-07-20, 08:44   Link #51
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
While I may not go that far in my description of him, he has still irked me the past few episodes. I really am liking Faldio more than Welken as a character right now (opposit of my feelings about the game). It doesn't help that Welken towards the end just appears all happy go lucky after what transpired. The show has done a ghood job the last few episodes of giving me the impression that Welken just doesn't want to start any kind of relationship with Alicia. I mean after that cabin episode I thought it was a good sign of things to come on the relationship spectrum, I guess not. And I don't know if its just me, but Welken seems to be getting more dumb as each episode passes.
Spoiler for from another famous title LOGH:

Just to say that, sometimes a genius in some areas may be dumb in another. I think their relationship needs a proper trigger, and one will be enough------If they put it that way like the game then, at least IMO, will be a better way to resolve it.

Last edited by HunterSeeker; 2009-07-20 at 21:35.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:49   Link #52
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Just to say that, sometimes a genius in some areas may be dumb in another. I think their relationship needs a proper trigger, and one will be enough.
One thing is that he doesn't look genius to me. Pretty much average commander in the anime. Again this is probably because we do not see him all that much in action as anime cuts out quite a bit of battle stuff and just focuses on schoolgirl romance.

He has few rare moments, but he also show some incapabilities as well which doesnt make him more than average.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-07-20 at 10:04.
Old 2009-07-20, 11:10   Link #53
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
One thing is that he doesn't look genius to me. Pretty much average commander in the anime. Again this is probably because we do not see him all that much in action as anime cuts out quite a bit of battle stuff and just focuses on schoolgirl romance.
No Welkin is a genius. When it comes down to biology there's no contest. That's what Hunter was talking about.

However, his social/romance IQ is severely lacking.

If we are to go by results then Welkin does not fall into the average commander but above average with the victories he's won.

He's just shaken because his friend's gone all horny over a girl he feels affectionate for.

If we are to complain about Welkin and Alicia being "close" then how about Faldio? Good lord the guy talks like he and Alicia are already bedding each other

"At least I have someone I can go to for comfort"

Dude that only works if she's actually your girlfriend. Not some stress release object....
Old 2009-07-20, 12:05   Link #54
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Hunter, your stuff will get edited or deleted. Can't do game spoilers.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-20, 12:09   Link #55
Darknemo2000

I really don't care what and who talks about him - I look at his performance in battle fiekd and they do not look something I would call 'genius' at all. He can command and he can be pretty reliable at times as well but he does not really look like genius to me.

And yeah his victories procentage high but again he did not take part in that many battles to begin with so this procentage is pretty much pointless as the number of battles is small.

I do agree on the part that he is a social retard though.

To tell the truth I dont really care much about Faldio. Yeah he can be annoying pervert but at least he has some balls, and this is something that anime Welkin does not have.
Old 2009-07-20, 13:20   Link #56
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
I really don't care what and who talks about him - I look at his performance in battle fiekd and they do not look something I would call 'genius' at all. He can command and he can be pretty reliable at times as well but he does not really look like genius to me.
Dude no one on this board is claiming Welkin to be a genius at all. We all agree that he's a capable commander.

He's a genius at biology and botany and zoology and there's no argument there.

Quote:
And yeah his victories procentage high but again he did not take part in that many battles to begin with so this procentage is pretty much pointless as the number of battles is small.
For the record those small number of battles were strategic victories so they count a lot.
Old 2009-07-20, 14:24   Link #57
Darknemo2000

I was talking about him as a commander genius, and since you started to disagree I thought that you meant him to be a genius as a commander while I claimed he is barely an average one. He simply does not have enough backbone to be a real good commander and is too wavering on deciding moments when the situation asks you to act in a determined manner.

Yes, game Welkin is like that, but not anime version of him, thats why for me he still remains nothing but an average commander and those small battles do not look convincing enough for me.

He is capable to command, but he is not a top commander.

Weather he is a genius at zoology or other fields - I do not care as this is about war and war connected so all that matters. The knowledge helps him in battles but his weak personality obstructs him from becoming more than just an average commander. Again I am talking about anime Welkin, not game one.
Old 2009-07-20, 17:56   Link #58
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

At this point it's a Less Talking more Fighting kind of thing. I wouldn't mind if they spaced them out, but the drama is killing me. If it was good drama it'd be OK but it isn't.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-07-20 at 21:04.
Old 2009-07-20, 22:56   Link #59
Darknemo2000

Yeah, I do understand Alicia - she is still, very young and we can count her as a schoolgirl, but Welkin acts like he was puberty hitting 14 year old emo boy, which only raiseses more eyebrows considering his age. Yeah, you could say that he is a social retard so his mental growth is slow, but it seems to be the case with most of the characters...

It really looks like it was written by a bad shoujo writer who without thinking about situation and characters just slapped his pathetic shoujo love triangle thinking that it works, but it doesn't.

In different situation (at school, with 14-16 year olds) it could suit, but the anime is not about school drama and most characters are beyond their school age already.
Old 2009-07-21, 06:08   Link #60
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
GTFO, Isara and Welkin would be much better than stupid homo Ramal and besides he's an anime-character only. The action scenes are so lacking...the stupid romance and love triangle are so shoujo-ish...friggin disgusting and a shame to a shounen anime. I hope A-1 Pictures won't screw up Fairy Tail like this anime.
Even the game itself center a lot on the Romance between Welkin and Alicia and They did talked about Largo and Varrot too. So I think the anime decides to take it a bit further. Not a bad decision.

Spoiler for game plot spoliers:
Closed Thread