AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-05-12, 11:01   Link #181
Minagi Mikoto

I think they're both in the right place.

But Accelerator is definitely far stronger than all espers. Even that device "Capacity Down" that had defeated Misaka wouldn't have a slight effect on him. He'd just reflect that sound!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:17   Link #182
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder....is Accelerator vulnerable when he is sleeping? If not, then I wonder how did those doctor did the surgery on him if his power is 24/7 activated?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:26   Link #183
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I wonder....is Accelerator vulnerable when he is sleeping? If not, then I wonder how did those doctor did the surgery on him if his power is 24/7 activated?
His brain was damaged and the power is gone.
Before the virus incident, no, he isn't vulnerable.
After the virus incident(before his awakening), yes, he is because he only can use ESP mode for 15 minutes, so when the time is over he falls onto a quadriplegic state. Sure even Uiharu can kick Accelerator's ass in that state.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 11:27   Link #184
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
He changes vectors at will. If not he couldn't walk or take something with his hand. But I think he can protect himself in the sleep too, as we all do some reflection if something gets in contact with us in the sleep.
Old 2010-05-12, 11:32   Link #185
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
He changes vectors at will. If not he couldn't walk or take something with his hand. But I think he can protect himself in the sleep too, as we all do some reflection if something gets in contact with us in the sleep.
Thats his reflection by "default", his barrier only reflects what is known as "dangerous", thats why Dark Matter which is unkown to the this world can pass throught his defence.
Old 2010-05-12, 11:36   Link #186
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats his reflection by "default", his barrier only reflects what is known as "dangerous", thats why Dark Matter which is unkown to the this world can pass throught his defence.
Why so suddenly "Dark Matter"?
Old 2010-05-12, 11:42   Link #187
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Why so suddenly "Dark Matter"?
Because is hard to the scientific knowledge in the series if D.M. is dangerous, Accelerator doesn't has any idea of it, so it can affect him.
Old 2010-05-12, 12:08   Link #188
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Because is hard to the scientific knowledge in the series if D.M. is dangerous, Accelerator doesn't has any idea of it, so it can affect him.
I mean that is it an idea that has reached your mind or is there any trace of it in the light novels or anything?
Old 2010-05-12, 15:34   Link #189
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I mean that is it an idea that has reached your mind or is there any trace of it in the light novels or anything?
A user said this before in the novel thread.
Old 2010-05-12, 17:56   Link #190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, according to the wikia, accelerator's time limit got extended to 30 minutes after vol 13, also after seeing what he did to those hound dogs, i think he can handle himself pretty well without powers...
Quote:
'Dark matter' in toaru doesn't refer to the same as our world. 'Dark matter' is an type of matter not found in nature, and doesn't follow the known laws of physics.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 23:17   Link #191
Sixth
Hu Tao

How about the skirmish between Touma and Accelerator? Isn't that Touma knockout Accelerator, right?

If that so, then how those scientist or anyone going to take Accelerator back to the base and tend his wound when he is in unconscious state...provided the vector wall is still there.
Old 2010-05-13, 07:03   Link #192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
How about the skirmish between Touma and Accelerator? Isn't that Touma knockout Accelerator, right?

If that so, then how those scientist or anyone going to take Accelerator back to the base and tend his wound when he is in unconscious state...provided the vector wall is still there.
What makes you think that anybody tend his wound?

Chances are, Accelerator woke up a few hours later, received word that the experiment has been terminated and went home.
Old 2010-05-13, 11:12   Link #193
tsunade666

to begin with accelerator can heal himself up. In vol 20. When his been injured, I think shot in vol 19 or something. He vector stiched his own wounds. His not the smartest psycho path for nothing. He also stop the blood lost from the damage part of the heart and that's the professor in vol 5.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 11:43   Link #194
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
A user said this before in the novel thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, according to the wikia, accelerator's time limit got extended to 30 minutes after vol 13, also after seeing what he did to those hound dogs, i think he can handle himself pretty well without powers...
'Dark matter' in toaru doesn't refer to the same as our world. 'Dark matter' is an type of matter not found in nature, and doesn't follow the known laws of physics.
Thanks for the information!
Old 2010-05-13, 12:18   Link #195
tsunade666

he doesn't need also those battery packs when in black wings mode. Because his directly connected on the A.I.M world and doesn't need help from the sisters anymore. So even in low battery state, black wings can be activated.
Old 2010-05-15, 00:39   Link #196
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It is now even longer, don't know how long exactly. But he modified his battery to have it last longer as he wouldn't be able to recharge it during his trip to Russia.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 01:20   Link #197
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It is now even longer, don't know how long exactly. But he modified his battery to have it last longer as he wouldn't be able to recharge it during his trip to Russia.
That would explain why he wasn't seen with his cane in vol 20... But isn't it abit reckless to have it on all the time now? Oh wait, is he still using his power to recover from the wound he got from Aiwass?
Old 2010-05-15, 02:37   Link #198
tsunade666

yap, he is. He is vector stiching his wounds. So It would be good to assume. It's on all the time. Unless he use something else to patch it up.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:07   Link #199
Sixth
Hu Tao

As for the "Vector Change" ability...do you think it is possible to overpower or break this vector ability if the opposite user has higher battle power/concentration/AIM or whatever it is than Accelerator had?
Old 2010-05-15, 09:47   Link #200
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As for the "Vector Change" ability...do you think it is possible to overpower or break this vector ability if the opposite user has higher battle power/concentration/AIM or whatever it is than Accelerator had?
Brain power, you need more brain power to beat Accelerator.

Actually, it has been done before by one Kihara Amata. He was able to calculate the precise moment the [Redirection] takes place and alter the direction of his attacks at the last second to render his power useless.

But it's you're talking about outright overpowering his reflect with another power, it's difficult to say the least. Accelerator can 'hijack' other Esper's abilities even if they are in control of them. Case in point, Mikoto's Iron Sand Tornado or Kakine's Dark Matter Wings. In fact, if we were to follow the Author's constant reminder, anything less powerful than a Nuclear bomb isn't going to cut it.

You can't fight it head-on, unless you're Touma, but you can bypass it.