AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-29, 17:24   Link #281
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
Oh, can anyone help me out with the title of the 'second series' currently serialized in Comic Flapper?

二十面相の娘 うつしよの夜

This is giving me conniptions. "Modern-Day-Night?" Am I reading that right? What is the second series exactly, just a direct continuation?

As far as the show being popular in Japan goes, this whole "moving around to different timeslots" thing also is not helping.
I explained the meaning of that a bit earlier in the thread.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 17:34   Link #282
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I'll confess that with Kaiba it's more that I'm reluctant to view it until most of it has aired, simply because it's so different. It may be good now, but a lot of 'artsy' animation that has tried to be artsy ends up being very poor. I'd like to hear if it's still good toward the end of its run before I commit to it.

Perhaps a bit of a silly reason but there you go.
As of episode 5, Kaiba is still brilliant. It isn't just about "artsy animation," but about difficult concepts and themes which are emphasized through use of a superflat animation style. I want to comment that it is not a show I'd like to wait for the end to see simply because watching the whole series without time between episodes could be traumatic to my brain. You'd be better off watching it now IMHO, but I understand if your millage varies.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 18:17   Link #283
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

And SpaceDrake, check out Tofusensei's post here for an explanation of the title of the new manga, which means something like "Night(s) in the World." It seems to be side-stories from the time between when NJM met Chiko and the events of episode 6.
Ah, thanks to both of you. That makes a bit more sense.

Also repeating that request for an avatar GIF of the "chains" sequence in the OP if anyone could be so kind. :V
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 20:59   Link #284
king12354

Just watched ep.6, so sad to see everybody die.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 04:11   Link #285
Hawkeye7513

Maybe it's due to the fact that I've seen each episode at least five times, but I am surprised that know one has put together these facts:

*Based on a conversation in episode 4 the fat detective is an idiot
*We see the fat idiot detective board the train of death.
*Tiger says that the train was reserved for twenty faces gang

From these facts I come to the conclusion that the fact detective was aided in his decision to board the train, probably by Twenty Faces. I say this because Twenty Faces is the only one in the gang who would act on his own at such a level.

The only motive I can think of for twenty faces to grab the detective is to send Chiko home, but for what porpoise?

Anyhow I wanted to get that off of my chest before the next episode aired so I can point to this and say "I was right!" or look at this and pretend I never wrote it.
Hawkeye7513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 07:01   Link #286
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye7513 View Post
The only motive I can think of for twenty faces to grab the detective is to send Chiko home, but for what porpoise?
?

Anyway, that is an idea, although I'm willing to bet that the bumbling detective simply caught a lucky break and was either heading their way, got the wrong train or was tipped off by the mayor or somesuch. I'd hope that Twenty didn't plan for his gang to be killed; if he did my opinion of him would be lowered considerably.

Also, showin' off my new avatar ITT.

Last edited by SpaceDrake; 2008-05-30 at 11:42.
Old 2008-05-30, 14:40   Link #287
nanafan
horo fan

lol nice picture of the porpoise and nice av too, that scene is great av material
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 15:26   Link #288
neeta

Now that is one turn I didn't foresee. I mean I expected Nijyu to die or something but... this. And since the culprit also died (or so I think) there won't be a "we are out for revenge" theme either.
neeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 17:46   Link #289
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye7513 View Post
Maybe it's due to the fact that I've seen each episode at least five times, but I am surprised that know one has put together these facts:

*Based on a conversation in episode 4 the fat detective is an idiot
*We see the fat idiot detective board the train of death.
*Tiger says that the train was reserved for twenty faces gang

From these facts I come to the conclusion that the fact detective was aided in his decision to board the train, probably by Twenty Faces. I say this because Twenty Faces is the only one in the gang who would act on his own at such a level.

Anyhow I wanted to get that off of my chest before the next episode aired so I can point to this and say "I was right!" or look at this and pretend I never wrote it.

Here's my speculation

Spoiler for Speculation:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 00:50   Link #290
Hawkeye7513

My reaction for the end of episode seven:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_vGJxnPyw
Hawkeye7513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 09:05   Link #291
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
^Is that a good thing or a bad thing ?
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 11:21   Link #292
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 7 just confirms this as the best show of the season for me, and Hirano Aya's Chiko as the best seiyuu performance.
Spoiler for ep7:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 14:53   Link #293
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2008-06-01, 15:45   Link #294
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Spoiler:
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 15:47   Link #295
Wuster

After watching the episode, I finally understood Hawkeye's comment >.<
Wuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 15:50   Link #296
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 7:
Spoiler for ep7(-8?), with non-specific info from manga:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 16:35   Link #297
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Very Sad Very Sad
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 23:00   Link #298
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Ah... still 2 more days to wait for the subs T_T

well I had to download the raw with all the people saying about episode 7.

I've been curious with the Juggernaut comment. LOL @ the Ed.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 23:18   Link #299
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I took the time to listen carefully to the OP, and gosh, does it fit Chiko's mood.....

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 23:30   Link #300
nanafan
horo fan

awww chiko is soo adorable, though i would not want to get on her bad side. i do hope that she faces her aunt and do some damage to her. it also seemed like twenty faces knew that tiger wouldn't give up on his gang, idk.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen