AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 03:08   Link #481
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well it could be very funny, kinda like any Garen out there screaming "DAMACIAAAA!" everytime they score a kill.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 04:10   Link #482
killer3000ad

Patch 1.0.0.110 Preview

To sum:-
*Doran's items will cost more so you can't buy a Doran item and a potion at beginning.
*Mana regen masteries/runes and health quins getting nerfed.
*Renekthon getting buffed
Old 2011-01-30, 04:15   Link #483
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I guess I'll watch it a little later, but...

Looks like they really want to change the early game. But, buffing Renekton but not Cassiopeia? Shame.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 06:42   Link #484
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow this patch is something... hope they'll change it.. except Renekton Buff & Rammus nerf(well a bit for him)
Cass already was buffed.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 08:55   Link #485
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tbh they are right in thinking that HP and regen runes are game-breaking early game, you can have an HP difference of over 300 at LV1 (quints/runes/masteries+Doran's item), which is just too much to FB. Don't really think Ren needs a buff though, he's already plenty strong throughout the game, and can just switch to being a secondary attacker late game.
Quote:
buffing Renekton but not Cassiopeia? Shame.
Speaking of which, haven't seen one except the month she was released. No love for new champs?
Old 2011-01-31, 01:45   Link #486
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Abilities:

Heavenly Wave: Karma sends forth a wave of hidden blades from her fans, dealing magic damage to units in a cone in front of her.

* Mantra Bonus: In addition to dealing damage to enemies, Heavenly Wave will also heal allies in the cone. The amount healed is amplified depending upon the amount of life Karma, or her allies are missing

Spirit Bond: Karma bonds an ally or enemy creating a beam between them. Bonded allies have increased movement speed and bonded enemies have reduced movement speed. Enemy units that come in contact with the beam take magic damage, and champions who pass through the beam receive the same movement speed modifier as bonded champions.

* Mantra Bonus: Karma imbues the beam to grant bonus movement speed to any ally that passes through the beam. Any enemy that passes through the beam suffers reduced movement speedKarma strengthens the bond to double the effect of the movement speed modifier.

Soul Shield: Karma summons a protective shield that absorbs incoming damage.

* Mantra Bonus: In addition to the shield, energy radiates out from the shield, dealing damage to enemy units around the recipient.

Mantra (Ultimate): Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Mantra is available at level 1 and does not require a skill point.

Inner Flame (Passive): Karma gains increased Ability Power corresponding to her missing Health.
Looks like lots of support...unless her E is broken and with mantra bonus becomes like Karthus' soul release
Old 2011-01-31, 07:30   Link #487
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Inner Flame seems like a bad passive, in my opinion. It requires you to put yourself in danger by getting low health, and that's obviously something you never want to do as a support. The closer you are to dying, the closer you are to not being able to help your team. In my opinion, the only reason it works with Olaf is because he's a different type of champion.

If she's a tanky support/AP user like Taric, this might be more useful. Regardless, as she is support, I will definitely be buying her.
Old 2011-01-31, 07:50   Link #488
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Her W seems VERY hard to use, I mean linking your partner to make a magic line, and then both of you ghost over the enemy team? Friendly use seems better...Also cone Q should have large range, otherwise she'll be getting kited like no other.
I've had my fill of supports and tanks, any AD suggestions?

EDIT: When I say AD I mean a fighter or carry, I already got Urgot who's AD but assassin, I couldn't 1v1 him until I got manamune, ionian boots, brutalizer, hexdrinker (for fid, instead of sash, so that I can survive his crowstorm) and thornmail. Had to run around with ghost and shield active, slowing Jax around till Yi finished him off, makes me feel weak

btw why does Jax get FoN against a pure physical team?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-01-31 at 12:45.
Old 2011-02-01, 10:54   Link #489
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Karma spotlight :

I'll wait her free weeks to test her.

Spoiler for Release Notes v1.0.0.110:

Renekton buff yes. Soraka buff armor and nerf heal.
Teemo speed buff lol ?
Doran items cost full gold at the beginning but they are buffed :O , y you can't buy a potion. But well , we'll see.
20% for Quint health. so 25,9 instead of 32,4.
Old 2011-02-01, 10:58   Link #490
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Just for the lulz. Will be posting links instead due to size.
Old 2011-02-01, 11:07   Link #491
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
Just for the lulz. Will be posting links instead due to size.
LOLOL is everything I can say right now.
Old 2011-02-01, 11:27   Link #492
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Teemo speed buff lol ?
Yeah they've been talking about it since the last patch or two. Because Teemo can now surpass MF and Zilean in speed <_<
Quote:
20% for Quint health. so 25,9 instead of 32,4.
I'll take that as a 76 HP increase instead of 97...21 HP is some 2/3rds of a quint...don't want.
Quote:
Doran items cost full gold at the beginning but they are buffed :O , y you can't buy a potion. But well , we'll see.
I'll forgot Doran items and just start my builds with meki pendants and a pot or something. New mana regen will make healers a lot more effective early-game.

On Karma and her abilities, REALLY want to know some numbers (base/scaling damage). Phreak may make it sound viable to build her into AP, but she seems very fragile and honestly easy as cake to avoid. Flash over that bond, exhaust her and see how much she can run or slow you down. Also, her wave has (as expected), a rather short range, like Annie's cone...but Annie's got a stun to back that up, while Karma only has that shield, which is apparently used for getting kills with its mantra damage(!?).
Despite all that, it's nice to see many different systems for various champions, it helps escape the casual AP/AD stacking and actually require proper itemization against every different champion (bet wit's end is gonna hurt Karma bad...)
Quote:
Lion Dance Kog’Maw
Hell yeah
Quote:
Patch Preview Behind the Scenes (?)
Just lol...
Old 2011-02-01, 11:52   Link #493
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn Teemo can harrass very good now , Hit&Run with poison , don't joke with him :O you won't catch him. It was hard enough to catch him with his passive , now with his active wow 2x speed , this is no more Cat&Mouse , this is Jaguar&Mouse

For Karma , i'll say that she's better support than AP .
Old 2011-02-01, 12:01   Link #494
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Really waiting to see them shield figures, if she can block like 700 damage and deal just as much with shield at 400 AP, yeah I'll call it a viable build. Otherwise...just no. As for Teemo, someone had said that there aren't many good Teemo players out there, to which I agree. Most of them get slowed down and focused on, end up dead in no time...But with this buff, Teemo can get an easy kill if he's fighting in the jungle, luring champs one by one. Is there an MS cap btw? If ghosted Teemo can run 2 laps from one base to the other in a minute, I think we'll have a serious problem on our hands :P
A few of the lovely mistakes that Teemo players make, btw:
1) Stealth in brush when the enemy knows he's there. Many champions got skills that hit invisible champions (Corki's gatling, Vlad's pool/bonds, Urgot's homing rockets - they even tell you where he is, etc.) and yet I've seen a few just sit there and die without acting.
2) Misplace mushrooms. Self-explanatory
3) Initiate and then run away. While some may say it's a great way to lure the opponent into your team, if they got a disable or exhaust, you're dead. That's why waiting for another to initiate and pop out of nowhere with that blowgun is much more efficient.
Still, it could have been worse...imagine an AS buff on Teemo
Old 2011-02-01, 12:54   Link #495
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I don't know if Karma will be that good. She doesn't seem to have as good of an early game as Lux or Taric and doesn't seem to be able to babysit like Janna. Then again, it depends on her numbers, I guess. Her heal and shield could be really good.

I don't see how her Spirit Bond can be useful though. Maybe if you're chasing and you speed up the last person to help boost your entire team. That seems like it'd take too long though.
Old 2011-02-01, 13:55   Link #496
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Came up with a fun use of spirit bond....use it on allied Eve and have her walk around, hitting enemies with the string Still gives away her position though, not good against AoE champs.
Old 2011-02-01, 22:18   Link #497
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Hopefully they won't see the effect. It'll be like Sunfire Eve.

That'd be really annoying, but it'd also be funny for the first day or so.
Old 2011-02-02, 05:56   Link #498
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Server's back online! Time to farm some IP
Old 2011-02-02, 07:50   Link #499
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Karma costs 3150 PI , about times.
So , i encountered her , her shield is quite useful , she can uses it on minions when you want to last hit them which is annoying , her spirit bond is effective enough to slow you or to speed up his allies.
Well , we were 4 v 5 and we still won -Sona(me), Kennen , Ez & Renekton against Sion , Taric , Renekton , Karma & Akali. We played def and made lot of traps with map control + CV , so ace & push then they surrender - win.
Old 2011-02-02, 13:26   Link #500
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lost 6 games today, most frustrating of which was a 3v3 made up of Urgot/Trynd/Xin VS Sivir/Trynd/Malphite. Our Trynd was just obnoxxxxious, and now I'm charged with a left game after closing LoL, because in the next match I got paired with him again. How2queue-dodge?

Tags
league of legends, lol