AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 6 18.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 40.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-17, 19:01   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The way she completely ignored her in that scene coupled with her mysterious absence last week made me wonder if perhaps she hates Haruka's guts... but I must be reading too much into this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Still, Mio and Haruka are two very different people with very different personalities, so it's possible that Haruka's antics annoy Mio sometimes.
Actually, that's yet another problem with the anime:
Haruka and Mio do have antics together thorough the common route, either directly or indirectly. Mio doesn't ignore Haruka because she "doesn't like her" but rather found the best strategy to "counter" Haruka nonsense is 1) keeping a straight poker face, 2) not giving in Haruka's antics 3) pulling a wisecrack on her.
This actually happens quite often, and even before the pyjama party, hence why Mio's commitment towards Haruka in the latter's route felt odd to me, because they ignored a lot of interactions in general.

There are few instances they are actually a good "combination", but generally speaking, Mio reverse the flow, leading to a situation where Haruka becomes actually the receiving end, instead of the opposite.
Old 2013-02-17, 19:17   Link #22
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kud is so cute. I wasn't surprised to find out she skipped a class, I actually expected her to be even younger than that since she looks like an elementary schooler (it would probably depress her to hear that...).
I thought she was like ten or twelve when I first saw a pic of her.
Old 2013-02-17, 19:50   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And so the story shifts to the Wafu~! herself.

Although cheerful at times, Kud shows that she has been struggling at school, due to being uncomfortable when faced with the environment present in an examination. As the Little Busters try to help her in studying for the upcoming exam, Kud has an encounter with those who actually wanted her to fail, as if her failure — or "being clumsy" in vague terms — is an attraction that a quarter-Japanese like her can offer to her classmates. After the proficiency exams, despite their respective results, the Little Busters unite to support Kud's remedial class, with Kyousuke overseeing this "team play" come into fruition.

I think I understand Kud's situation when it comes to learning vs. studying. In learning, you get to acquire information that is unhindered by anything aside from one's capacity to absorb said information, but studying puts tension and pressure (lol physics terms) to the learning process due to the presence of examinations and tests. If one is truly uncomfortable with these things, then one will truly struggle at school.

And actually, that part with the students wanting to see Kud do her dojikko moe "antics" in exchange for dragging her down academically hit too close to home. Admit it, if your favorite clumsy anime girl is transformed into a real-life person, then she would just experience the same thing as Kud.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-17, 22:31   Link #24
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Need more full episodes just for Kud
Old 2013-02-17, 23:26   Link #25
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Need more full episodes just for Kud
You know exactly what this world needs more of. Let it be!
Old 2013-02-18, 05:51   Link #26
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, that's yet another problem with the anime:
Haruka and Mio do have antics together thorough the common route, either directly or indirectly. Mio doesn't ignore Haruka because she "doesn't like her" but rather found the best strategy to "counter" Haruka nonsense is 1) keeping a straight poker face, 2) not giving in Haruka's antics 3) pulling a wisecrack on her.
This actually happens quite often, and even before the pyjama party, hence why Mio's commitment towards Haruka in the latter's route felt odd to me, because they ignored a lot of interactions in general.
But is it really needed to have the anime spell that out for us, like it apparently seems to have been done in the game? This single scene alone told me that Mio is merely ignoring Haruka, knowing that the latter has a tendency to play pranks on people and that not giving in is a surefire way to get Haruka to settle down. I'm sure both Mio and Haruka would act differently around each other if one really hated the other.
Old 2013-02-18, 06:52   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering that some people actually were puzzled by their antics done in this episode, it seems at least 1 or 2 of these wouldn't hurt at all.
Note that I never stated they should do all of them. But similarly how Kud was envious of Yuiko's assets twice, it wouldn't have hurt to see Haruka/Mio 1-2 (and that's not only made of "Mio ignoring Haruka"). And that wouldn't need 1 min to do that.
Old 2013-02-18, 07:51   Link #28
Magicflier

Quote:
That being said, I'm... extremely puzzled by their decision into pulling a SASAMI centred episode, especially that late and after such Kud's episode... it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
They don't have luxury to waste time on some fillers already (which still happened a bit), but Sasami among all characters? Ugh...
It's not a filler, it's an important plot point to an another secret story and prologue...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Magicflier; 2013-02-18 at 08:18.
Old 2013-02-18, 08:06   Link #29
Zankoku12

Obviously,people have problem with Sasami's episode at this point of time is because no one cared about her .....
Old 2013-02-18, 08:11   Link #30
Magicflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
Obviously,people have problem with Sasami's episode at this point of time is because no one cared about her .....
because we don't know much about Sasami yet.
Next episode will probably be the last time we get to see her for awhile though...
Old 2013-02-18, 15:10   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicflier View Post
It's not a filler, it's an important plot point to an another secret story and prologue...
Spoiler:
... I know that already (I did read both normal and EX, duh). The problem is that they hardly show her as of now, so shoehorning Sasami like that is just unecessary.
Regardless of the relevancy of her route, the fact is that she barely appeared twice-thrice and have her own episode nearly at the end of the first season is a very bad move narration wise.

If you want to discuss more about Sasami, please do that in the VN reader thread instead.
Old 2013-02-18, 16:23   Link #32
Yye1
Wide Right

I dont mind them doing sasami, her route is interesting. In terms of the episode, I love the interactions of the characters and im still hearing wafu and nano desu in my head

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-02-18, 16:42   Link #33
Magicflier

Quote:
... I know that already (I did read both normal and EX, duh). The problem is that they hardly show her as of now, so shoehorning Sasami like that is just unecessary.
Regardless of the relevancy of her route, the fact is that she barely appeared twice-thrice and have her own episode nearly at the end of the first season is a very bad move narration wise.
If you already played the game, then you should already know why Sasami's mini route has to be in there before Kud's route starts. I'll go and post further in the weekly episode-to-game comparison thread.
Old 2013-02-18, 21:22   Link #34
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
More like "she annoyed the hell out of everyone in the single episode she was in."
Old 2013-02-18, 21:24   Link #35
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
More like "she annoyed the hell out of everyone in the single episode she was in."
Who's Sasami again? I can't remember. >_>
Old 2013-02-18, 21:26   Link #36
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Who's Sasami again? I can't remember. >_>
She's that bitchy purple-haired twin tail with that stupid "OHOHOHO" laugh who fought with Rin in episode 1.
Old 2013-02-18, 21:28   Link #37
Dr. Casey

Ah! That girl. One of the snooty, queen bee high school girls you've talked about before.

I really liked the way Kanata interacted with her sister, along with the Little Busters, in this episode. She and Haruka are probably the greatest examples in this series so far of character development. She really is charming now that she has the edge taken off.
Old 2013-02-18, 21:29   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Sasami came off to me as a clear-cut classic comedic antagonist in the one episode she was in. I liked her in that brief role. But it doesn't exactly lead me to care about her a lot.
Old 2013-02-18, 21:44   Link #39
Chiibi

Quote:
Ah! That girl. One of the snooty, queen bee high school girls you've talked about before.
Yeah....I do not like ojousamas.
Sometimes character development can save them though.
Old 2013-02-18, 21:46   Link #40
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
She's that bitchy purple-haired twin tail with that stupid "OHOHOHO" laugh who fought with Rin in episode 1.
Don't hate on her majesty swag laugh. lulz
Closed Thread