AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-05-17, 10:37   Link #181
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Fear not, Sapkowski is going to get a little bit of the money he regrets not enjoying today.

Quote:
The Witcher is being made into a TV show by Netflix

Netflix is developing and producing a TV show based on The Witcher. The franchise started life as a series of fantasy novels by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski, before being turned into a number of critically acclaimed video games. Now it’s coming to the small screen, although there are no details on when the show might arrive.

In a press release Sapkowski said he would be serving as a creative consultant on the upcoming series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” said Sapkowski. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.”

The show’s executive producers will be Sean Daniel and Jason Brown (Daniel has worked on The Mummy and The Expanse; Brown on just the latter) and key members from Polish visual effects studio Platige Image will also be involved. Platige Image created the CGI intros for Witcher video games, although the press release doesn’t state whether or not the Netflix show will itself be CG.

Platige Image’s Tomek Baginski and Jarek Sawko said in a press release: “There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and hero inside of all our hearts.”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainme...ApW?li=AAfq3b1
Old 2017-09-04, 01:09   Link #182
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Happy 10th anniversary to the Witcher video games.

Old 2017-09-08, 03:14   Link #183
Ryan Manning

Man, CD Project Red restores my faith in gaming. Witcher 3 is the best game in the whole world. imo. I miss its world so much!

Last edited by Ryan Manning; 2017-09-11 at 01:11.
Ryan Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 07:38   Link #184
SidVicious
Anime addict

Update 1.51 is out.
Adds PS4 Pro support.
Old 2022-03-25, 16:01   Link #185
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Surprised no one has posted this piece of news yet.

https://thewitcher.com/en/news/42167/a-new-saga-begins

Quote:
A New Saga Begins

We’re happy to announce that the next installment in The Witcher series of video games is currently in development, kicking off a new saga for the franchise.

This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.

At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.

REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.
Here's to hoping the new Witcher saga (which, apparently, will revolve around a member of the School of the Lynx rather than the dwindling/defunct School of the Wolf, since CDPR has all but confirmed that Geralt's story is over) shall be more Witcher 3 and less Cyberpunk 2077, if you catch my drift... Lots of W3WH veterans left CDPR in the last couple of years, so I can't help but wonder if their current crew is up to the understandably daunting and high-stakes task of churning out a worthy successor (let alone two or three) to what is arguably one of the best games ever.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2022-03-25 at 16:27.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 18:41   Link #186
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This would be a fair way away. And remember - CDPR don't exactly have much in the way of goodwill at the moment. Cyberpunk 2077 being a shambles at launch and the crunch involved. (Heck, Witcher 3 had a fair number of major issues at its launch but later down the line things were in a good state.) And since this is supposed to be a fresh saga with very different staff, who knows what will happen. Let's see if this can even get off the ground and be made competently.