AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-14, 18:45   Link #101
trakker
Comical Scamp

Yeah the games came first, theres alot of confusion over that, due to the dubbing of the game and cartoon happening at about the same time, so when it came to the USA, i "think" the anime was broadcast first by a short period. but yeah, in creation japanland, the game came first X3
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 19:41   Link #102
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

can I have my "save copy" glitch back, please nintendo

...I would thank you for giving away 98 masterballs
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 19:44   Link #103
JustJohn83

I want some Master Balls! Give me some. XD
JustJohn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 00:46   Link #104
Kudryavka

Well, looks like the two games are already up for preorder in NA.
I'll prob get SoulSilver, seeing how the original Silver is the only Johto game I never beat. And that was only because the Game Pak's internal battery died, erased my save file and prevents me from makig another. Not to mention I'd love to get an Aeroblasting Lugia!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 09:49   Link #105
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

You know, you can replace the battery.
Old 2009-08-19, 21:34   Link #106
Kudryavka

Yes, I do know. I'm trying to figure out if it'd be worth it to buy a new battery and risk messing up the Game Pak, or to just buy another for ~$12. I'm leaning towards the $12 method.
Old 2009-08-19, 22:52   Link #107
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I lost my Crystal and Gold carriages... but I'm definitely going to get this game since I like the battling aspect of the game since I am pretty much hardcore with it with EV training and nature breeding...

I wonder, will the game let me trade a egg so I can have a Milotic in the game that obeys me without needing to get all those badges?

Also, the game is announced to be released in Spring of next year in the US... it might release in April again... who knows.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:50   Link #108
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I wonder, will the game let me trade a egg so I can have a Milotic in the game that obeys me without needing to get all those badges?
Hm? Just trade a Feebas egg from D/P/P, get it's Beauty up, then use a Rare Candy. I think a Lvl 2 Pokemon will listen to you.
Old 2009-08-20, 14:11   Link #109
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I would get this game if I ever find my DS (I aint buying a new one...or I fix my old DSs)

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 19:54   Link #110
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hm? Just trade a Feebas egg from D/P/P, get it's Beauty up, then use a Rare Candy. I think a Lvl 2 Pokemon will listen to you.
I actually done that in my Platinum and I pretty much beaten the game less than 24 hours... All I did is hatch the egg in the new game, trade it back to the old game, EV train it, and trade it back and is alot more powerful than the gymleader's Pokemon.

But, thats D/P/Pt... I don't know if you can trade eggs in the newer games since Emerald didn't allow you to trade with other games until you beated the game and get a National Dex.
Old 2009-08-20, 21:55   Link #111
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I actually done that in my Platinum and I pretty much beaten the game less than 24 hours... All I did is hatch the egg in the new game, trade it back to the old game, EV train it, and trade it back and is alot more powerful than the gymleader's Pokemon.

But, thats D/P/Pt... I don't know if you can trade eggs in the newer games since Emerald didn't allow you to trade with other games until you beated the game and get a National Dex.
I'm not quite sure I get you. We didn't have to get the National Dex to trade from Emerald with R/S/E/FR/LG, and I'm sure that won't change with HG/SS. Are you thinking about importing Pokemon into the Pal Park? Now for that, you need the National Dex. But if it's just trading between games of the same generation, this being Generation IV, you can do it anytime after you complete whatever mission the region's Professor has for you (be it delivering mail, saving him, etc.), you get your first 5 freebie Pokeballs, and you get to the next town after your hometown. Those are the only requirements for standard trading.

::edit::Oh, I think I get what you're saying. Do you think that HG/SS will be a whole new generation of Pokemon (Generation V), and that you'll have to do some Pal Park-like stuff to trade from D/P/Pt? Sorry dude, but these are just remakes of the good ol' GBC Pokemon games. Just so you know, Pokemon remakes don't kickstart new generations. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are still in Generation IV, just like Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Trading from Diamond to Heart Gold will be just like trading from Diamond to Platinum. No strings attached!
Old 2009-08-21, 00:11   Link #112
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...................I regret ever selling my GB Pokemon games... I'm sure Silver is still somewhere in the house though...
I regret selling Emerald. Why did I sell it? More importantly, I want my Colosseum Ho-oh back...

More importantly, this:
http://pokemonpotal.22web.net/onam/

I'm pretty sure it is fake, but it's pretty funny.
Also, the Gokipurosu... I'm pretty sure this is making fun of Heatran?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 03:47   Link #113
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

That looks too real, I refuse to believe someone spent hours making that for it to be fake

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 07:24   Link #114
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The funniest thing of that page is 'Hikkikomori', the pokemon at the very bottom of the page.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 00:26   Link #115
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...................I regret ever selling my GB Pokemon games... I'm sure Silver is still somewhere in the house though...
I regret selling Emerald. Why did I sell it? More importantly, I want my Colosseum Ho-oh back...

More importantly, this:
http://pokemonpotal.22web.net/onam/

I'm pretty sure it is fake, but it's pretty funny.
Also, the Gokipurosu... I'm pretty sure this is making fun of Heatran?
hahah that is pretty funny... nice effort though for a joke
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 11:01   Link #116
Neku
yare yare..

Can anyone tell me if the nature feature will be in HG/SS?
I haven't played any Pokemon games since.. Emerald/Saphhire if I'm not wrong. But I'm definitely getting this for reminiscence purposes.

If only they would remake Yellow.
Old 2009-08-22, 13:34   Link #117
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Can anyone tell me if the nature feature will be in HG/SS?
Probably. When FireRed/LeafGreen were made, Nintendo added gender, nature, breeding, and other things that didn't exist in R/B/G, but were added later on in the series. They will prob do the same with HG/SS, adding in things that weren't in G/S, but whose absence would disorient players when trading from D/P/Pt.
Old 2009-08-23, 02:53   Link #118
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Probably. When FireRed/LeafGreen were made, Nintendo added gender, nature, breeding, and other things that didn't exist in R/B/G, but were added later on in the series. They will prob do the same with HG/SS, adding in things that weren't in G/S, but whose absence would disorient players when trading from D/P/Pt.
Ah.. dang.
I never liked the nature feature.

Anyway, thanks for the reply
Old 2009-08-23, 10:44   Link #119
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Ah.. dang.
I never liked the nature feature.

Anyway, thanks for the reply
Actually, I never liked it by itself, either. But when you spend hours breeding for the perfect nature and moveset, and start EV training that Pokemon, you'll have a true monster on your hands.
Old 2009-08-23, 10:59   Link #120
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Actually, I never liked it by itself, either. But when you spend hours breeding for the perfect nature and moveset, and start EV training that Pokemon, you'll have a true monster on your hands.
I know the satisfaction. I've done something similar (although... just not with Pokemon).

Though I can already imagine myself resetting the game when my Cyndaquil doesn't get the right nature in SS

Tags
nintendo, rpg