AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 23:50   Link #4721
Zantetsuken

I feel like I'm being trolled... Allelujah without QBW was trash. When Hall came back, he kicked ass with Arios. And Setsuna got Quanta because as an Innovator using a normal suit will not fully harness his potential. Also Graham, he got through suit that fast because those suit isn't enough for his skill.
Old 2010-05-01, 02:29   Link #4722
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
oh i was trying to say that 00 gundams make the pilots better. TRANS-AM and the innovation, teleportation not the pilots make the gundam better. It's like they add more features to the gundam to become but the pilots mostly rely on their Gundams.
Other AU and UC, the pilots and their abilities make the gundam which isn't ultra super by itself but the pilots make it so.
Like New Types for example? Certainly, Biosensors, Psycommu, Psycoframe, NT-D, those do absolutely nothing to help the pilot. Not to mention the fact that each and every of those machine components was able to produce paranormal/tiebreaker effects. Add the fact that most of those were never really explained.

On the other hand you have 00 tech which has pretty strict and clear rules of usage. Not unexplainable, supported by theory. Same goes for the 00 movie and all of it's instalments. All in all, it's UC you can accuse of going over the top if you think it through.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 03:34   Link #4723
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Like New Types for example? Certainly, Biosensors, Psycommu, Psycoframe, NT-D, those do absolutely nothing to help the pilot. Not to mention the fact that each and every of those machine components was able to produce paranormal/tiebreaker effects. Add the fact that most of those were never really explained.

On the other hand you have 00 tech which has pretty strict and clear rules of usage. Not unexplainable, supported by theory. Same goes for the 00 movie and all of it's instalments. All in all, it's UC you can accuse of going over the top if you think it through.
Not to mention the LOL nanomachines in Turn A that did EVERYTHING.

I happen to think 00 as far as wacky super robot antics manages to stay pretty grounded, 00 Raiser and probably 00 Qan[T] shenanigans notwithstanding.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 08:13   Link #4724
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Of course now in 00 Gundam, we can blame it on the Gundam not the pilot. It's not like Setsuna can make his Gundam teleport himself.
Which is not necessarily a bad thing. This is one of the reasons why technology and designs are so important, which is why some people say wars are won before they are even fought when it comes to strategy and technological innovation.

I mean, whether one likes it or not is preference which is subjective. But all in all its really a different way of expressing power. In S1, this is intentionally done because Celestial Being was meant to be destroyed at some point.

Although to be honest, CB's pilot may not seem like they do the hardest job but them having a technological advantage is a "storyline element". In S2, they still retain this mostly despite the ratio being changed a bit. Because they have to "win" as good guys and they "have a technological advantage" as dictated by story [which is usually a seperate issue], so they balance these portrayals by having CB's pilot being decent. Not terrible, but just decent.

What I do like is the contrast between these 2 styles with their enemies. Graham and Ali for example, arguably have superior piloting skills and this is potrayed. The difference is that their the ones doing the skill showing off. The "Today, I'm Stronger Than The Asura" scene comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Nosferatu it looks like the Jagd is wearing a red dress it's bad enough that both versions of the Arche looks like there in high heels the dress was just too much.
The lineart Jagged Arche is ugly..........the custom model on the other hand is super sexy. I do not know why.

To be honest, I do not think it looks like a dress either. It just look like a giant ladybug to me.

Quote:
oh i was trying to say that 00 gundams make the pilots better. TRANS-AM and the innovation, teleportation not the pilots make the gundam better. It's like they add more features to the gundam to become but the pilots mostly rely on their Gundams.
Other AU and UC, the pilots and their abilities make the gundam which isn't ultra super by itself but the pilots make it so.
Alot of main character suits have always had super strong abilties relative to most of its conventional MS. The RX-78 and Zeta certainly was not grunt suits, they were unique powerful suits at their times. The Freedom too were powerful relative to most conventional suits. The Gundams in Gundam Wing had their super strong space alloys.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:19   Link #4725
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Arche? High Heels?

Take a look at the Susanowo/Masurao and come back to me.
Those don't look like high heels on the Susanowo/Masurao there feet don't really look like any sort of foot wear more like some sort hoof then anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Which is not necessarily a bad thing. This is one of the reasons why technology and designs are so important, which is why some people say wars are won before they are even fought when it comes to strategy and technological innovation.

I mean, whether one likes it or not is preference which is subjective. But all in all its really a different way of expressing power. In S1, this is intentionally done because Celestial Being was meant to be destroyed at some point.
Sonic right it is a matter of preference personaly I like having them rely more on the suits capabilities and traditional piloting skills then some magic ability like the seed factor or the UC spatial awareness I know Setsuna became an innovade but at least his power didn't start to develop till part way through season 2. I realize there is such a thing as spatial awareness in the real world but the UC is more like a psychic ability then a gut reaction.

Quote:
The lineart Jagged Arche is ugly..........the custom model on the other hand is super sexy. I do not know why.

To be honest, I do not think it looks like a dress either. It just look like a giant ladybug to me.
A ladybug really I could maybe see the resembelance if those stleath field generators where on it's back.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 09:28   Link #4726
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna_F.Seiei View Post
Are you talking about the missiles?
Interesting that you say missiles, since the second trailer has someone yelling out to launch a missile attack.

GN-XIV going against missiles...with the same color as the beams....hmm...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 10:27   Link #4727
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Those don't look like high heels on the Susanowo/Masurao there feet don't really look like any sort of foot wear more like some sort hoof then anything.
Throne series? Reborn?
Old 2010-05-01, 10:36   Link #4728
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Throne series? Reborn?
Well Arches your a bit more likely to notice since it has weapons built into it's feet and also I'm not a fan of gundams having high heels in general not the sort of thing that's going to cause me to right off the entire suit though.
Old 2010-05-01, 20:13   Link #4729
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I generally don't see how feet destroy the aesthetic feel of a MS. So it has high heels, what difference does it make?

I think it's better than having the cockpit of the mech be placed in the actual cock area.
Old 2010-05-01, 21:29   Link #4730
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I generally don't see how feet destroy the aesthetic feel of a MS. So it has high heels, what difference does it make?

I think it's better than having the cockpit of the mech be placed in the actual cock area.
Nosferatu I prefer if my gundams don't have high heels that's it, it's not a big deal with me that destroys the aesthetic feel of the suit or anything like that. Hell the only reason I even noticed them on the Arche was because I was looking at it's footed mounted beam sabers.

Also I think I know another reason Ali might not be very found of the Jagd weapons pack the time he used it, it's performance wasn't that great he wasn't able to take down Deborah's Advanced GN-X and wonder if that might caused him to question it's effectiveness.
Old 2010-05-01, 22:57   Link #4731
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post

Well for UC, the pilots already have the Newtype Powers, it's just that it brings out what they already have and focus it. The explanation for them is pretty much that the Newtypes focus their powers. Funnels are the pilots moving the funnels through their mind.

For the parnormal/tiebreaker effects you speak of, it's only because the machine components allow the Newtypes to manifest the abilities they had. Of course I'm not sure how they somehow create a giant beam saber, maybe they focus the energy in the area with their newtype powers?

00 tech is only strict on what they decide to reveal to you at the moment. 00 tech is basically all GN-Particles/Drives. Originally we didn't know about trans-am, trans-am burst, teleportation, gn shields, etc They decided to add that in to the list of abilities GN-Particles/Drives can do. It's just that they give GN-Particles such a huge range of abilities that they keep on adding on without limit that no matter how much you try to explain it, it's pretty far-fetched.

Most of the UC mobile suits (at least the grunts) at least have some principle in real-life science, that's why we have a gundam institute researching science from gundam

However in 00, every mobile suit is powered by the magic of GN-Particles. As long as the imaginary GN-Particles exist, they can make up whatever power they want to add to it. Before you know it, GN-Particles will allow Setsuna to blow up the death star with mind.

However I'm starting to sound like a UC elitist which I am not. I like 00 but 00 technology can become whatever the authors want it to be. Vastly inferior pilots with the aid of GN-Particles can beat aces as long as the authors decide to make up a new power for the GN-Particles. I admit UC and Newtypes are farfetched but i blame it on the abilities of the Newtypes rather than the mobile suits. Newtype suits don't work unless you have a newtype. For 00, i blame the GN-Particles and mobile suits. Anybody can use GN-Particles, actually anybody can become an innovator like Setsuna supposedly when they're exposed to GN-Particles enough.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 01:00   Link #4732
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I suggest you read the Gundam 00 Technology thread first.
Old 2010-05-02, 01:20   Link #4733
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Holy hell..

Of course not, Gundam 00 is one of the most realistic Gundam series ever.

GN particles are fictional particles that don't exist in real life, but they have been sufficiently explained with real-life examples and theories. Yeah, we suggest you should start reading from the tech thread and you'll understand why.

Not anyone can become an Innovator. Like was previously discussed here in this forum, Trans-Am accelerated GN particles is the key towards Innovation. One needs also the mindset and will (that is why Aeolia decided that eradication through warfare was the way to go towards the peak of Innovation) to innovate. We don't know about Descartes, but Setsuna had all the necessary criteria.

On the other hand, Newtypes are an unexplanable phenomenon that bewilds me. I admit I'm a Gundam 00 fanboy, but compared to Innovators, Newtypes are less realistic.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 01:27   Link #4734
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Holy hell..

GN particles are fictional particles that don't exist in real life, but they have been sufficiently explained with real-life examples and theories. Yeah, we suggest you should start reading from the tech thread and you'll understand why.

Not anyone can become an Innovator. Like was previously discussed here in this forum, Trans-Am accelerated GN particles is the key towards Innovation. One needs also the mindset and will (that is why Aeolia decided that eradication through warfare was the way to go towards the peak of Innovation) to innovate. We don't know about Descartes, but Setsuna had all the necessary criteria.

On the other hand, Newtypes are an unexplanable phenomenon that bewilds me. I admit I'm a Gundam 00 fanboy, but compared to Innovators, Newtypes are less realistic.
I think another key factor is QBW sensitivity. As said in the second trailer the Nena lookalike was reading info on people with the highest QBW factor.
Old 2010-05-02, 02:47   Link #4735
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

@zeroexia

It's not like all the pilots have the NT abilities. On a side note, it's still not explained in details as to why NT's are appearing. All we know is that it's an evolution based on a new environment and the will not to be alone in the depths of space. This explanation that we were given is anything but clear.

NT based technology like Psychoframe are interface and communication mechanisms that have the ability to go haywire and produce unexplainable phenomena. Without them, NT's are not all that much better then OldTypes, as witnessed inseries. Without them they can't control Bits/Funnels, can't gather info on the situation on the battlefield, can't predict enemy movements ect. The presence of those devices is very significant and all NT's can't perform to their fullest without using them. It's a pretty clear example of relying on machines. Add the fact of 'mystery' surrounding the mentioned phenomena, the lack of explanation and you have baseless assumptions and theories fans can produce at will, making it even less real-rotobtish.

Also, as others mentioned above, you really should read the 00 Tech thread because stating "magic of GN-Particles" pretty much shows that you have a very shaky grasp on how the technology in this series works. I do believe that 00 is one of the best explained series I've seen in the Gundam'verse. As of now, I haven't found anything that can't be based on present day theories, including quantization.

Not to mention the fact that 00 shows a very nice line of technology evolution and adaptation. Be it series or movie. Even now, looking at what we've been revealed about the 00 movie, you can see how much did the technology develop and on what principles it is based. The era of Innovators introduced new units, devices that support pilots and yet, nothing supernatural and paranormal like UC dead-talking, mind barriers or mass telepathy.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 12:16   Link #4736
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Newtype suits don't work unless you have a newtype. For 00, i blame the GN-Particles and mobile suits. Anybody can use GN-Particles, actually anybody can become an innovator like Setsuna supposedly when they're exposed to GN-Particles enough.
Quote:
For the parnormal/tiebreaker effects you speak of, it's only because the machine components allow the Newtypes to manifest the abilities they had. Of course I'm not sure how they somehow create a giant beam saber, maybe they focus the energy in the area with their newtype powers?
GN Particles have many versatiliity ability that is farfetched, however everybody being able to be able to use GN Particles makes it a positive point for realism actually. In this sense, it potrays GN Particles as a technology. Technology isnt something supernatural, its something that can be created, improved copied and used by most people.

It highlights that as farfecthed as they are GN Particles are in terms of our technology abilities, like every other discovery mankind had they can be replicated and it isnt "special".

Not to mention, your saying its okay for suits to do magical things as long as the source is the magical people. How is that more realistic? You still have a supernatural element involved in the form of the people. And machines that harness power from magical people have no real life basis either.

Quote:
However in 00, every mobile suit is powered by the magic of GN-Particles. As long as the imaginary GN-Particles exist, they can make up whatever power they want to add to it. Before you know it, GN-Particles will allow Setsuna to blow up the death star with mind.
The same can be said of UC suits then. Because if the Newtype suits are powered by Newtypes, then essentially means new things can always appear. For 00, this isnt because of GN Particles per say but because of the what happened to the organisation as well as the style of presentation that the director has chosen to use. Their a secretive organisation that relies stritly on what is given to them.

Quantisation is one of the supernatural coincidences that happen in the series. It was not a designed feature and even Setsuna was surprised when he used it, its a result of Setsuna evolving OBW interaction with 00.

But that has always been a theme of the series and it essentially explains why CB was so dominant earlier. The ability to produce GN Particles was essentially the biggest factor that differentiate their unatural army fighting abilities agaits odds. They may have been generally more advanced, but its their discovery of this one element that gives them a believebale advantage initially, because of the reliance on a poweful exotic particle type that has not been discovered by the world. After they lost this exclusivvity their gap reduces.

Quote:
00 tech is only strict on what they decide to reveal to you at the moment. 00 tech is basically all GN-Particles/Drives. Originally we didn't know about trans-am, trans-am burst, teleportation, gn shields, etc They decided to add that in to the list of abilities GN-Particles/Drives can do. It's just that they give GN-Particles such a huge range of abilities that they keep on adding on without limit that no matter how much you try to explain it, it's pretty far-fetched.
Trans Am and Twin Drive were technological upgrades rather than a special ability of the GN Particles. I have no idea what you mean by GN Shields, its always been an equipment.

Technological upgrades are always easily explained by innovation and improved technology and designs, it isnt that far fectched. It hardly relates to GN Particles specifically and it relates more to technology that produced GN Particles.

I think what you have a problem with is not GN Particles properties per say but how new technology is presented in the series. In cases such as the Trans Am and Twin Drive, they wre hidden features in GN Drives made as a countermeasure. This was done to prevent any in the case some of possible tech leaks. If they wee presented even before, then Ribbons would have won easily from the start. The current trap system was made so that in the case where such a thing happened, some of his legacies can remain untouched and safe in the non traitors.
Old 2010-05-02, 12:31   Link #4737
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Holy hell..

Tech thread still hasn't really explained how GN Particles allow innovators to teleport/quantitize as well as revive people back from the dead, as well as causing a huge deux ex that caused CB and the A-LAWS to reconcile immediately.

Newtype and its abilities (and how they work) have been explained more throughly since it had the timespan of over 20 years as well as numerous series showing how Newtypes are different from ordinary humans (although Tomino has done some weird things on Newtypes himself).
Old 2010-05-02, 12:37   Link #4738
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Tech thread still hasn't really explained how GN Particles allow innovators to teleport/quantitize as well as revive people back from the dead, as well as causing a huge deux ex that caused CB and the A-LAWS to reconcile immediately.

Newtype and its abilities (and how they work) have been explained more throughly since it had the timespan of over 20 years as well as numerous series showing how Newtypes are different from ordinary humans (although Tomino has done some weird things on Newtypes himself).
The GN-Particles allowing for quantization has been properly explained in documentation, though. Just not to us since no one is willing to scan the respective pages for someone to translate. And as been said before, the particles did not revive anyone, Louise simply wasn't dead.
Old 2010-05-02, 12:52   Link #4739
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Teleport is a liberal take of quantum teleportation.

No one is revived, Louise is never dead. And even then it just lifted the illness symptoms for her and Lasse temporarily, we are never told that it healed whatever organs of theirs that have been damaged during the 4 years. From movie trailer, it seems that Louise even isn't healed yet.

There is no deus ex that causes CB and A-LAWS to reconcile. A-LAWS has already been toppled from within by Kati's movement & cooperation with Katharon even before TAB was activated. TAB only works for people whose personal issues are due to misunderstanding (Billy & Sumeragi), poor communication skill (Andrei & Soma) or already have a hidden inclination to reconcile anyway (Saji & Louise). Lyle and Ali still continued fighting despite being hit by the wave of understanding. Hence TAB facilitated the end of dispute, but it doesn't guarantee it. The agreement of Katharon to disband and join the Federation is based on the Fed's change of policy and it happens after the final battle without GN Particles.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 12:56   Link #4740
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Basically, Trans-AM Burst was only the medium to allow those who desire the understanding to communicate.

Tags
gundam 00 movie