AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 28 32.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-25, 23:37   Link #161
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
There's also the fact that Slaine is going to be wearing red after this episode and only had his grey knight uniform for three episodes. Yet, he's wearing grey in all the materials and the OP. I know it was to keep from revealing what happens, but do you think they'll maybe do some sort of update to the OP?
I wish they do, but I kind of liked Slaine in his Knight outfit

Kind of too bad it only lasted 3 episodes =A=
Old 2015-01-26, 00:08   Link #162
Psyco Diver

The battles are starting to annoy me, I dunno why. Otherwise I'm enjoying the story it self surprisingly enough
Old 2015-01-26, 00:28   Link #163
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Ok, I know that Saazbaum did deserve that and it was coming sooner or later, but really Slaine? That was such a dick move, that I couldn't help but feel sorry for Saaz in the end. The touching part of it all was that Saaz didn't seem to hold it against him and chose to go out with a smile, but at this rate, I can't see anything other than a miserable death for Slaine at the end.

Look, I know Saaz is no saint and I even said that he did deserve it, but really, is that how you honestly return the trust someone shows you? Slaine, I'm disappointed, but impressed at the same time.

Also, at least Slaine was a bit touched that Saaz did name him his son and him actually being sad while betraying Saaz showed that he does have a conscience, I still can't help but call him a dick for that move. Idk how or what to feel. On one hand, I commend him for actually using his brain and predicting the outcome of events and even taking out the one person who still is a big threat to Asseylum, but on the other hand, I didn't like his way of doing it.

Oh btw, yup. Its official, Inaho is even closer to being a robot now. Dude's cyber-eye is basically a second brain that is connected to his own brain. Hell, he can even assign his unused brain cells tasks apparently. Do you know what that means? He's actually unlocked the full potential of the human brain. The OPness that smarts brings.

Anyway, it was a pretty decent episode. I'll give it a solid 9. No 10's will be awarded today because I was disappointed in Slaine's treatment of Saaz.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2015-01-26, 00:28   Link #164
monster

Quote:
She is responsible for her people period, she might not know they were suffering, but she should have had the intiative to take a look at her empire for herself. She didn't do everything her family wanted, or else she never would have befriended Slaine and would have thought the same way they do in terms of Terrans being subhuman.
If Asseylum's family didn't want her to befriend Slaine, he would be gone. And no, she is not responsible for her people, especially if the people who are supposed to help her rule didn't say anything and even committed treason against her.
Quote:
And her father died before she was even born. She was born as heir apparent to the throne. Of course she couldn't take it then which was why her grandfather retook the throne. Saazbaum knew since her birth that she was heir. He never told her or explained anything to her, like he did with Slaine. Which he should have considering his position as basically a faithful advisor to the emperor and head of the Orbital Knights. But by the time she was old enough, his hatred for the royals was too entrenched for him to even consider this.
Well then, that's all there is to it. If Saazbaum, an adult, would allow his hatred to prevent him from reasoning with a young lady who would be the future ruler, then the blame is all on him.
Old 2015-01-26, 01:09   Link #165
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
She is responsible for her people period, she might not know they were suffering, but she should have had the intiative to take a look at her empire for herself. She didn't do everything her family wanted, or else she never would have befriended Slaine and would have thought the same way they do in terms of Terrans being subhuman.
We dont know the full extent to how she grew up. The Vers Empire has shown itself already to be extremely twisted, so how can you say she hasnt tried to learn more about her family, the citizens, and the empire as a whole? How do you know she wasn't completely lied to and kept away from anyone who might possibly fill her in that the Vers Empire is total chit? She's also a teenager at the story's start. There is only so much influence that she can possibly really have. Your expectations about what she can do and know at the start of the series, is absolutely unrealistic.
Old 2015-01-26, 03:19   Link #166
Death Usagi
Banned

I just noticed how Lemrina's further names "Vers Envers" sounds like Bus and Bus =w=
Old 2015-01-26, 03:53   Link #167
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Slaine is a 'bad' character? Pfft I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He's the most best one here. XD

Also, Inaho + Inko combo so HNNNGG inducing. I do worry since I've been told that the chess match at the beginning is famous for sacrificing one's queen (which with this episode Inko is up there with Seylum as candidates), but hey, I'd take what I can get now rather than worry what foreshadowing that will be in the future.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2015-01-26, 04:47   Link #168
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Ok, I know that Saazbaum did deserve that and it was coming sooner or later, but really Slaine? That was such a dick move, that I couldn't help but feel sorry for Saaz in the end. The touching part of it all was that Saaz didn't seem to hold it against him and chose to go out with a smile, but at this rate, I can't see anything other than a miserable death for Slaine at the end.
At least Slaine wasn't laughing like a maniac.

"Blame it on the misfortune of your shooting Asseylum-hime!"
"SLAINE! YOU TRICKED ME! SLAAAAAINE!!"
Old 2015-01-26, 05:18   Link #169
fr3@ky_g

Just watched this and a few questions:

* So are the Thrasis' weapons ballistic in nature? I mean they went around the friggin Earth!! No laser based weapons can do that.

* More trouble for Slaine, since no Saaz to protect him from the other Vers Knights?

* Are the Earth Forces ever gonna gain any new tech from the landing castle capture in S1? Marge's talk with Inaho certainly hinted at this.
Old 2015-01-26, 06:00   Link #170
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Ok, I know that Saazbaum did deserve that and it was coming sooner or later, but really Slaine? That was such a dick move, that I couldn't help but feel sorry for Saaz in the end. .
I feel the same way. He was a villain that deserved a miserable death, however the way he told those xenophobic martian counts to GTFO made him a very sympathetic character in this episode at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3@ky_g View Post
* Are the Earth Forces ever gonna gain any new tech from the landing castle capture in S1? Marge's talk with Inaho certainly hinted at this.
Doubt it, I think one of the main points of this series is having crappy mechas beating space magic mechas.

Last edited by Raziel1991; 2015-01-26 at 06:13.
Old 2015-01-26, 07:58   Link #171
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Also, Inaho + Inko combo so HNNNGG inducing. I do worry since I've been told that the chess match at the beginning is famous for sacrificing one's queen (which with this episode Inko is up there with Seylum as candidates), but hey, I'd take what I can get now rather than worry what foreshadowing that will be in the future.
From Inaho's pov, he is the Queen, the most powerful piece on the board on his side.

So the match is probably another reference to what exactly a 'hero' is, which has come up in interviews with Aoki, Takayama, Urobuchi and one of the producers (IIRC)... One point the keep making is that a hero doesn't question himself - he just does whatever he thinks he can do. The second point is that he doesn't include himself amongst the people he wants to save.

But I personally worry about Inko and Yuki...

Quote:
Consider this: it took a full 19 months for Saazbaum to have Dioscuria II made. If the Earth forces are to find ways to use those Aldnoah drives, it would take time too...that is, if Inaho can actually activate more than one drive...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2015-01-26 at 08:27.
Old 2015-01-26, 08:32   Link #172
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Just watched this and a few questions:

* So are the Thrasis' weapons ballistic in nature? I mean they went around the friggin Earth!! No laser based weapons can do that.
It was mentioned Inaho thought it was a hail of debris. Then Slaine said it was bullets. So yeah, ballistic allright. And not just the Tharsis'. If they weren't using ballistic weapons, the "wind" (aka uneven gravitational influence from all the shit floating around) wouldn't be much of a problem.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2015-01-26, 09:09   Link #173
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
From Inaho's pov, he is the Queen, the most powerful piece on the board on his side.

So the match is probably another reference to what exactly a 'hero' is, which has come up in interviews with Aoki, Takayama, Urobuchi and one of the producers (IIRC)... One point the keep making is that a hero doesn't question himself - he just does whatever he thinks he can do. The second point is that he doesn't include himself amongst the people he wants to save.

But I personally worry about Inko and Yuki...
Same here, particularly about Inko.

In any case, I have to re-watch the episode yet, so I didn't remember the chess moves, and I agree on your general take about the Hero concept behind Inaho, but even if the Queen is the most powerful piece on the board, you can still win the game even without your Queen, instead as also Inaho stated the ship would shut down if he died, also clearly as of now the Earth wouldn't have any chances to win at all without him. So he looks more like the King than the Queen. if the King dies Earth looses the game. Also, in the story, well at least on the Mars side, Inaho is still supposed to be the weakest, as the King piece that is barely better than a pawn (and by chance he is still an Ensign).
Slaine would fit better as the Queen (don't take it in the wrong ways both Slaine and fujoshi fans ), he has the most powerful Kat, but her sacrifice wouldn't compromise the game.
But it is interesting because probably is only a matter of perspective, since is not that I don't see the Queen paragon. He could still be the Queen if his sacrifice led to the victory.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-01-26, 11:22   Link #174
Ryuga

While Asseylum perhaps should've known more about the situation on Mars, especially if she's going to be the future empress, the Knights abuse Aldnoah and their positions in society and don't do anything to help the rest either despite their whining. Though the Royals gave them that power, the Knights are a big part of the problem too. Asseylum's a kid, her grandfather who should shoulder most of the responsibility and set the Knights straight, fades in and out mentally and physically. Even if Asseylum is naive, she was at least trying to do something and might have been able to achieve something, had Saazbaum and the people working with him not screwed things up.
Old 2015-01-26, 12:01   Link #175
Zoks

So we have an interesting dichotomy in the ways Inaho and Slaine handled attempted Asseylum killers. Inaho lets Rayet lives, resulting in her becoming one of their strongest allies. Slaine on the other hand could not let his hatred for Saazbaum go, resulting in him ultimately removing one of his own allies. So now Slaine has no allies among the counts, so we'll have to see how effective his plans are, unless he just plans on feeding the counts he does not like to Inaho, which is a pretty good plan to get rid of your opponents.
Old 2015-01-26, 12:50   Link #176
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
So we have an interesting dichotomy in the ways Inaho and Slaine handled attempted Asseylum killers. Inaho lets Rayet lives, resulting in her becoming one of their strongest allies. Slaine on the other hand could not let his hatred for Saazbaum go, resulting in him ultimately removing one of his own allies. So now Slaine has no allies among the counts, so we'll have to see how effective his plans are, unless he just plans on feeding the counts he does not like to Inaho, which is a pretty good plan to get rid of your opponents.
There's no dichotomy. Inaho shot Slaine down, losing a potential ally, but allowed Rayet to live after she attempted to assassinate the Princess. Why didn't Inaho use the same logic with Rayet as he did with Slaine? Simple, Slaine didn't have breasts.
Old 2015-01-26, 13:10   Link #177
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
There's no dichotomy. Inaho shot Slaine down, losing a potential ally, but allowed Rayet to live after she attempted to assassinate the Princess. Why didn't Inaho use the same logic with Rayet as he did with Slaine? Simple, Slaine didn't have breasts.
... Or, you know, Slaine was an unknown quantity demanding to see Asseylum and pointing his weapons at Inaho, who had nobody else around at the time, while Rayet was somebody Inaho knew, who didn't have a machine gun pointed at him, and was in a room with several other people.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2015-01-26, 13:23   Link #178
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
... Or, you know, Slaine was an unknown quantity demanding to see Asseylum and pointing his weapons at Inaho, who had nobody else around at the time, while Rayet was somebody Inaho knew, who didn't have a machine gun pointed at him, and was in a room with several other people.
Shoot down the guy who saved them all from a certain Orbital Knight and assisted him in defeating said Orbital Knight vs. shoot Rayet who tried to assassinate the Princess again after a foiled assassination attempt the first time? Hhmmm, whom to trust?

I'm sorry, but the contrast between the two encounters just showcases how contrived and poor the writing in the show is. Inaho literally did a 180 in the span of 2 episodes.
Old 2015-01-26, 13:29   Link #179
Zoks

Quote:
Shoot down the guy who saved them all from a certain Orbital Knight and assisted him in defeating said Orbital Knight vs. shoot Rayet who tried to assassinate the Princess again after a foiled assassination attempt the first time? Hhmmm, whom to trust?
Can we leave this stupid argument back in season one? Slaine and Inaho both decided they were each other enemies, regardless of the outcome. They both shot at each other. Inaho simply won that exchange. This is an entirely different case, where both individuals knew the attempted killers prior to the attempted assassinations. So don't drag that argument back when it has no relevance to what we are discussing. It's been argued to death and had multiple threads closed.
Old 2015-01-26, 14:00   Link #180
Arya

Quote:
if we see at Slaine actions, well, we could also conclude that Inaho had a good eye in judging him. I mean, Slaine first betrayed Asseylum helping Saazbaum, then betrayed Saazebaum for Asseylum. Not the best candidate for the trust awards.
The conclusion is that Inaho made the right call back then. Slaine needed to grow up. With the actual Slaine I'm sure Inaho would make a different choice.
EDIT: ok, on a second thought, I'm not so sure that Slaine'd be so trustworthy after all.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2015-01-26 at 14:12.
Closed Thread